EDD Mar 2014

honeygirl

Dear all EDD March 2014 mummy,
Any one have went for the detail scan at 20weeks?
Anyone encounter due to baby's position , hard to scan
certain part of baby like heart structure , spine and cord
insertion ? Btw , heard frm others that 5 months
onward, can start to drink bird nest at least once a
week ? Any recommend of bird nest ? Please advise
thnk !

jo1402

Dear all EDD March 2014 mummy,
Any one have went for the detail scan at 20weeks?
Anyone encounter due to baby's position , hard to scan
certain part of baby like heart structure , spine and cord
insertion ? Btw , heard frm others that 5 months
onward, can start to drink bird nest at least once a
week ? Any recommend of bird nest ? Please advise
thnk !
Hi Honeygirl,

Yup just done my detailed scan on 29/10/13 and managed to scan all the organs required. Was almost unable to scan the base of the spine as the baby refused to perk up her buttocks (lol, she was the same for the down syndrome scan - refused to lie flat). Actually people said can start drinking bird's nest fr 2nd trimester onwards. I have started drinking Dragon's brand Bird's nest (cos my mum prefers this brand) - think now got promotion and they do free delivery. Actually first trimester also can drink but just absorbed by the mother instead of the baby.

LH779

Honeygirl - did my scan last week, BB's good, the sonographer has no problem with getting all the pictures/measurements. for birdnest, do remember to take those with lesser sugar. BTW I saw an Eu Yan San flyer, the having promo this weekend at Chinatown point, but seems like u need to go early to get the coupon. I saw a promo for birdnest of buy 1-get-1 free. I'm not sure if the promo is for everyone or only member.

Jo - Thanks for sharing your usage of Elancyl. Probably I'll get one to try. as I sort of believe this brand (at least their anti-cellulite cream seems to work a little for me).

honeygirl

Dear LH779 & jo1402,
thank for your advise ! Mine had been repeated
scans for a few times due to baby position , luckily
Able to detect the baby 's heart structure and spine only
unable to detect the cord insertion and of course
the gender :) to me baby gender is not important , more
important is baby 's health !Tom i will go and repeat the scan again
hope everything will be fine !

tpy

oh honeygal, how come the repeat scan cannot be done maybe later since its on the same day, can save ur time having to go down again?

jadeite

I thought usually the sonographer will make you laugh and cough and drink water and jiggle baby around on the same day? heard of some who took hours to do detailed scan cuz they kept asking them to go outside and wait 20 mins and try and shift baby around. maybe the day you went was very busy honeygirl?

anyone did detailed scan at Thomson Medical Center x-ray lab? Mine is on 12 Nov...

Jo, I put my stretch mark cream next to my toothbrush and my prenatal pills... lol... so that I will remember every morning after I get out of the shower! Helps me to remember!

Last edited:

Reagan

i cant wait for my detailed scan as well. its on 11 nov at Mt A. anyone gg there for detailed scan as well?

honeygirl, you can see baby 2 day in a row then. :)

tpy

oh Reagan, u doing your scan in your gyne clinic at mt A? coz me was posted by my gyne in Mt A to NUH fetal centre for the scan.

Reagan

my gynae have the facilities to do at his clinic in hougang. but he let me choose to do in Mt A or his clinic. so I chose Mt A. How come yours is at NUH?

Mt A do have the Fetal Centre too.

tpy

oic my gyne dont have such facilities in her clinic. I ever went to mt a counter to ask abt oscar scan but the staff totally dont know what i meant and my hubby said forget it just follow the NUH fetal centre that we have been posted. quite cheap too ard $200 bucks only with detailed scan

jadeite

Hmm the hospital counter staff may not know cuz they are not medically trained... Did you check with your gynae about Oscar scan? Should be a very common test right? May be too late now I think cuz oscar test is to be done in first trimester. Detailed scan shld be able to see thing like nose bridge and all which are also indicators of Down's syndrome...

lltan

my gynae also posted me to NUH fetal centre for oscar and detailed scan...cos their machine there more hi-end.

oh Reagan, u doing your scan in your gyne clinic at mt A? coz me was posted by my gyne in Mt A to NUH fetal centre for the scan.

tpy

oh jadeite i did my oscar test at NUH fetal centre already... tml gng for detailed scan. so my 200++ bucks include the Oscars and detailed scan for tml.

honeygirl

Dear all mummy ,
Thank for your concern! At first did scan last Friday,
Due to baby position,all parts can be seen except heart
structure , spinal, cord insertion and gender uunabl to
detect even by two sonographers. Then they
give me another date to check yesterday but all
parts can be seen except to cord insertion as my baby
's legs are cross . I also walk around and scan again in 15 min , still
unable to see the cord insertion so in the end , they
ask me to return again Tom to scan it . Hope baby are fine Tom !
Anyway I am fine to go for scan often as more important is to
ensure baby 's healthy :) thank !

zhumei

Hi all MTBs,

can i know how you all booked TMC hospital tours? i tried calling the number but always noone answer :(

anyway, i am going for MT A hospital tour tml. thanks for valuable advices I saw some of you given :)

meanwhile, have you all felt the baby kicking? it's so vigorous these 3 days! the feeling is indescribable!

tomorrow going for my detailed scan in TMC to know the gender and see the little one how's he/she doing

jiayou MTBs!!!