jadeite: prob girl - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
allie: boy
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
lltan: prob girl
tpy: girl

Last edited:

jadeite

can try Thomson Medical Centre confinement nanny service also... think they all trained in first aid some more...

zhumei

hey all,

I want to ask you if you all know third-hand smoke actually harms the baby during pregnancy?

recently, i gotten a bad persistent cough and it never went away. people tell me during pregnancy immunity is rather strong and seldom get sick but my cough lasted for 2 mths + :(

I realised i have a new colleague sitting beside me who is a super heavy smoker and his clothes, breath, hair will linger of cigarette. I did enquire if this smell will affect my pregnancy but he and others say, "nah dun worry, only if you inhale the smoke"

But shockingly, i research on "third-hand smoke" and will affect the baby :(

Third-Hand Smoke Affects Your Baby

i've been "inhaling" his strong cigarette smell for the past 3 months... and i wonder if it's link to my never ending cough.. sigh....

jadeite

Zhumei I have the same problem but even worse cuz mine is second hand smoke... So I really understand how you feel! My downstairs neighbor rented his flat to these three girls, they work quite late and return home usually around 11pm, at which point they all light up a cig and smoke at the window. The smoke comes up into my house and I always end up breathing in their smoke.. Really upsets me. I know they have a right to smoke in their own house but wonder if I could ask them nicely to smoke downstairs before they come home? Or is it too rude? Maybe should write an anonymous note?? I'm very worried abt smoke harming my baby too.

Zhumei since he's your colleague maybe you can request a temporary change of seat if there is a spare office space or cubicle? Find it hard to ask them to stop especially in your case where he is not even smoking in front of you, so it's difficult to solve the problem... In the end, baby is most impt, see if boss can help you shift first? Maybe can also send your boss the article to show your concerns and say it's not that you wanna inconvenience new colleague, but you are worried abt baby...

Sorry if any mummies are smokers here - don't mean to offend, hope you are quitting smoking too for the health of the precious bb!

Rye

Same problem too with a neighbor whose family smokes day n night. And the smoke smell simply wafts in!! Not just balcony window, kitchen window too! Our clothes hanging up there will also get the residue... Really must they smoke all day long!?!? Now expecting 2nd n my first is exposed to all these n often gets respiratory illness. No asthma or bronchitis but the nasal congestion n cough that follows really bothers my kid more n more.

jadeite

mummies...there is another baby fair at Expo this weekend. hahah. looks like really a lot of brands again... although it's only Hall 5B so expected not v big since it's only half of the normal hall.

listing

I'm a bit sad... not sure whether I should go or not because I have pretty much gotten all the big items already and only wanna buy clothes, but gender is still not confirmed until 12 Nov!! and this fair is next weekend aargh. some more it's at Expo again, quite far away for me, gotta change 3 trains... haiz.

anyone had the gynae say the baby is most likely girl and turned out to be a boy at detailed scan??

Taboo

I do hear cases like - gynae confirm BB is ger and once BB is born and turn out to be boy... faint..

jadeite

aiyoo... hope this does not happen... not that I don't want a boy (any gender also ok - especially since first baby!) but then all your baby stuff will be girls' stuff.. hahha!

tpy

mummies...there is another baby fair at Expo this weekend. hahah. looks like really a lot of brands again... although it's only Hall 5B so expected not v big since it's only half of the normal hall.

listing

I'm a bit sad... not sure whether I should go or not because I have pretty much gotten all the big items already and only wanna buy clothes, but gender is still not confirmed until 12 Nov!! and this fair is next weekend aargh. some more it's at Expo again, quite far away for me, gotta change 3 trains... haiz.

anyone had the gynae say the baby is most likely girl and turned out to be a boy at detailed scan??

Haha u can actually buy the small items like clothes from gmarket or singapore motherhood forum:) cheaper also.

jade - buy neutrals first? my gynae say mine is baby girl so i told her yay i can buy pink stuff. but she told me to keep to neutrals. cos.... maybe 2nd baby is boy? haha...

anyway my edd is 7 march! can help me add to your list? thanks :)

LH779

yah, buy neutrals better. mine is boy, but i'll still buy some yellow/cream (if there is an option). so that I can pass to others. it's really wasteful if my BB only like wear a few times then out grew the clothes. but I mus say gals stuff are generally cuter then boy's things. I bought some stuff like pillows, blankets in pink for my BB cos it's way cuter then the blue version :p

jadeite

hehe ya...have been buying mostly neutral colors like yellow and green... anyway I don't really like too much pink so I'm trying to avoid...but seems like many baby outfits and blankets etc are all either packed in boys' prints and colors, or girls' prints and colors. Like I wanted to buy this cute pack of boys' colored blankets because they were light green and light blue and white... but one of the blankets had trucks and lorries printed on it and I don't really like that for a girl. definitely girls' things are cuter though :p but newborn stuff got to be more practical and boring, and will grow out of it quick anyway haha.

planning to paint the room Tiffany blue whether it's a boy or girl... it's my favorite color! has anyone done up the nursery yet? I will be doing it probably in December... don't wanna wait until I'm too big and can't help husband do it up..

Last edited:

jadeite

yellow: girl - 7 Mar
monz: girl (2nd time mummy) - 9 Mar

maviss: boy - 11 Mar
zhumei: girl - 15 Mar
jo: girl - 21 Mar
Reagan: unknown - 21 Mar
Rachie: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
layla: boy - 22 Mar
taboo: girl (2nd time mummy) - 24 Mar
jadeite: prob girl - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
allie: boy (first time mummy)
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
lltan: prob girl
tpy: girl

congrats yellow, you are now the first on the list to deliver baby! haha!! hmm I thought I remember someone said their EDD is 6 March... did I leave someone out?

Last edited:

LH779

BTW will EDD change? cause verbally i was told 18 Mar, then I think (unless i see wrongly). my latest scan when I got the pic it tot i saw some numbers on the copy and one of it is EDD and it's not 18 Mar. I didn't ask my gynae on this cause i only saw it when i reach home.

oh, have you all tot of your BB's name? I have absolutely no idea at all.... don't even know how to start. Cos I think that it's good to give my child a name as early as possible so that when I talk to him, he can recognise that i'm speaking with him :)

yes, edd will change. depends on how big or how small the baby looks like on the ultrasound scan... theres a formula to calculate (can google). reasons for change is because 1) diff growth rate 2) not sure exactly when you ovulated...

actually thought of name already, but then the elders say must count number of strokes... must see when born, time etc... cannot clash with elder's name.... now no more name already :(