EDD Mar 2014

Taboo

LH ya, travel advisory is in place for November but I will be there first week December so should be fine by then I hope. My friend living in BKK also says the demonstrations are v peaceful and quiet... Fingers crossed! Will monitor situation, definitely if there is violence or anything I won't go.

Just left expo motherhood baby fair! Got some more stuff.. Found the aden+anais swaddle suit, car seat protector and bought waterproof pad for the crib.

Also signed up for Mt Alvernia mother's card as it's discounted there I think. $68 for two years.
Jade wats the room rates disc with the Mt A ladies card?

LH779

what sort of discount you can get with the Alvernia card beside the prenatal course (i sign up with KK, cos it's nearer to office, i can go after work)?

yah, do monitor the situation, I hope the demonstration will tapper down soon.

Hahaha, another fair.... well don't think i'll go. I went to Robinson private sale yesterday and bought some stuff liao. think should be enough le, unless I suddenly thought of things to buy.

i got my breast pump and sterilizer (both are bundle pack with some freebies, so I should have enough milk bottles already).
BTW the breast pump (avents brand) comes with like 10 storage containers. according to the manual i think can keep the milk in there. but i see some mummies buying milk storage bag what's the difference? I mean is 10 containers enough? or storing in container not that good?

jadeite

I think 10 containers not enough if your supply is good... My Aunty filled up her whole freezer with milk bags haha. Bags also take up less space I guess.

Mt A discount card gives $100 off single room, $80 off 2-shared and $60 off 4-shared. Made it easier for me to convince my hubs to let me stay single room heh

myln02

Hi all,i am a first time mum. Edd 3rd of March. Wan to check with u gals,have anyone experience yeast infection during pregnancy? I have that throughout my pregnancy. During first trimester,doc gave me pill to insert. After inserting,few days was ok,then came back again. I got the pills twice from gynae and it was on and off for the infection. Then during the last appt,i asked my gynae again about it,he did a swap test and confirm the infection and was give antibiotic orals and pills to insert.Today i just completed the orals. The itchyness started yesterday again and today with green discharge. I called my gynae and the nurse told me to monitor for 1week. Was wondering did anyone experience before and whether is it serious? I am very worry that it will affect my baby development.

Taboo

Thx for sharing jade.:) I hv yeast infection during my first pregnancy. I ate lots of yogurt and wear cotton panties to control. As cotton panties are more breathable. Dun wear pantyliner it will make it worse if u dun change regularly. Keep the area dry as much as possible. Gynea also gave me cream to apply for the itch. No oral medicine but he ever gave me pills to insert. so far my bb is ok even if I hv yeast infection.

jadeite

quicksand: girl (2nd time mummy) - 3 Mar
myln02: unknown (first time mummy) - 3 Mar
maviss: boy (first time mummy) - 6 Mar

yellow: girl - 7 Mar
allie: boy (first time mummy) - 8 Mar
monz: girl (2nd time mummy) - 9 Mar
angies: boy (first time mummy) - 9 Mar
honeygirl: girl - 11 Mar
Xinyu: girl - 14 Mar
zhumei: girl - 15 Mar
lltan: prob girl (first time mummy) - 17 Mar
eleanor: boy (first time mummy) - 20 Mar
jo: girl - 21 Mar
Reagan: unknown - 21 Mar
Rachie: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
Melody: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
layla: boy - 22 Mar
taboo: girl (2nd time mummy) - 24 Mar
jadeite: prob girl - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
marchbabe: prob girl - 28 Mar
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
tpy: girl

looks like we got more boys to even out our list! :D

myln02

Thx for sharing jade.:) I have yeast infection during my first pregnancy. I ate lots of yogurt and wear cotton panties to control. As cotton panties are more breathable. dont wear pantyliner it will make it worse if you dont change regularly. Keep the area dry as much as possible. Gynea also gave me cream to apply for the itch. No oral medicine but he ever gave me pills to insert. so far my baby is ok even if I have yeast infection.
Thanks for the reply.I have to wear pantyliner as I have the discharge. Am wearing cotton panties bt doesn't seems to help. Keep coming back on off. What did you use to wash your below? I want try whatever possible things to minimize the infection from coming back. I am still so worry for my baby. :(

jadeite

LH, I asked my friend and she said she uses breastmilk bags because they are pre-sterilized and take up less space. Whereas you must wash and sterilize the containers over and over again, so it's more convenient to bring the bag out and use and then throw away...

hubby finally felt baby kick! it was v light but since baby was v active that moment, good chance for him to feel... yay :)

myln02

myln02: unknown (first time mummy) - 3 Mar

looks like we got more boys to even out our list! :D
Hi, mine is a baby girl: )

Taboo

Im using feminine wash - lactacyd. if u reali need to wear pantyliner pls chng it regularly. Otherwise it will be worst. I totally do away from pantyliner even I hv lots of discharge. I will wash the area often n tap it dry. Eating yogurt does help. The good bacteria will help to get ride of the yeast. Hope dat helps... :)

jadeite

Re: hi

myln02: girl (first time mummy) - 3 Mar

AnxiousMama: girl (first time mummy) - 16 Mar

AnxiousMama

Hi, just wondering any mummies experiencing back ache at the tail bone area.
Especially while walking and the pressure from the right foot. Last 2 days when I walked, especially when my right foot touches the ground, the tail bone hurts so badly. still hurting now.
Just wondering if I shld feel paranoid abt it. can only check with Gynae nxt wk..

myln02

Im using feminine wash - lactacyd. if you reali need to wear pantyliner pls chng it regularly. Otherwise it will be worst. I totally do away from pantyliner even I have lots of discharge. I will wash the area often n tap it dry. Eating yogurt does help. The good bacteria will help to get ride of the yeast. Hope dat helps... :)
I had brought a big tub of yogurt. Hope it help. Thanks for the advise :)

jadeite

Can someone tell me roughly how long the detailed scan will take? My hubby has to work so we thought I will go for the scan first and he can come down when the gynae goes through the results.... If my scan is at 11am, what time should he get ready to come down? Thank you!

rachie82

Can someone tell me roughly how long the detailed scan will take? My hubby has to work so we thought I will go for the scan first and he can come down when the gynae goes through the results.... If my scan is at 11am, what time should he get ready to come down? Thank you!
It depends. B4 my scan she told me roughly abt 30 to 45 mins. But i finished it in abt less than 15 mins

tpy

for me i took 1 hr for the scan and 1 hr waiting for my turn even with appt made. not sure of the waiting time that u will need to wait.

honeygirl

Dear jadeite,
Is the detail scan call as ultrasound scan ? It depends on
individual and baby's position sleeping inside our womb.
Some will take faster while some will take may an hour or so
. As for me, I had to do the scan three times in different days in order to see all parts and
gender :) . Mmmm..... Quesition for yr gynec : ask is everything ok?
Cos during the scan, sonographers will explained to u which
parts they scan like heart structure, head circumference ,placenta
the limbs and hands , spinal structure n cord insertion etc...
Luckily all my baby parts able to detect n see :) hope your detail
scan will be done smoothly . Prepare yr hubby that it may takes time .
maybe talk to yr baby to be guai guai and let you all see :)

zhumei

Maybe you can put a small pillow under your tummy so as to lift it up abit so you don't feel that it's weighing you down ?

for my case, it seems so too..whenever my baby moves, i would ask my hubby to come and feel my tummy..then baby stops moving lol
hahahaha same here!!!!