EDD Mar 2014

tpy

oic will leave a gap when having rice wine dishes then..
last month i went for prenatal massage at U square..mummies bellies or babies bellies cannot remember the exact name hahaha, my shoes were also not as tight but not sure why i developed bad running nose after that massage for days. Quite shiok but i scare that i will catch a cold again so i will not be going for any massage.

Layla0401

Did your doctor say why you might deliver the baby earlier than your due date? For me, my cycle is 5 weeks and because I was actively tracking my fertility using body basal temperature and online ovulation calculator, I know that my ovulation (thus conception dates) are about 1 week later than the typical 28-weeks cycle that is used to calculate my EDD. I highlighted this to my gynae, and also noted that my mom gave birth to us around 41 weeks ++. My gynae typically waits 1 week after EDD before talking about induction. From what I've read online and friends' experiences, the waiting period is really "torturous" to them and some people get stressed because they have nothing to do but think about when the baby is due. To avoid all of that, I think I'm going to work up to my EDD and see how it goes from there, assuming there are no health issues. My workplace doesn't have the 2 weeks hospitalisation leave policy, so I would prefer to shore up the 4 months for after the baby gets here. Another way to think about it is to check if your mom/ sisters deliver late or early to give you a better idea of when to take maternity leave.

Last edited:

Taboo

Ya.. my company also doesnt have the 2 weeks hospital leave too. Moreover I hv check with my gynea if he is able to give me mc like one week before my EDD. Kana turn down by him. He is strict..:( He will only issue mc if im reali unwell...

jadeite

Hmm my EDD is calculated based on baby's growth I think, not on my cycle exactly. Though I know exactly when I conceived too because I was tracking! If it's according to my cycle, baby should be due almost a week earlier for me actually. I should probably check with my gynae on thurs.

Hehe Layla, I plan to spend my two weeks catching up on my TV shows, sleeping late for the last time in the next few years probably, and spending time with the hubs. I'm not really stressed out by baby's impending arrival so I don't think I'll be anxious. I'll be glad for the rest from work (especially since I'm a teacher - have to stand and walk a lot at work) so I expect I'll be giant and exhausted and would like a last chance to rest before the kid comes. It's more of being tired of being pregnant now. Haha!

Has anyone spoken to gynae about birth plans, episiotomies, epidural etc?

Last edited:

LH779

yes Jade - just make sure the food is cook properly and when you drink the soup, do ensure it's boiling and not scope when someone just added uncooked food into the pot. Also gentle reminder for those to like yu sheng, please remember there's raw fish in it, so avoid eating yah in case you forgot :)

hmmm dun think my company have the 2 weeks hospitalisation leave, and also doubt my gynae can give me that. but i'll be glad to work till the day I give birth. I can't stand being at home doing nothing, so coming to work keeps me occupy.

LH779

oic will leave a gap when having rice wine dishes then..
last month i went for prenatal massage at U square..mummies bellies or babies bellies cannot remember the exact name hahaha, my shoes were also not as tight but not sure why i developed bad running nose after that massage for days. Quite shiok but i scare that i will catch a cold again so i will not be going for any massage.
should be babies bellies, I called them up their prenatal massage is 60 i think, also asked about their post natal package, price i guess pretty much the same as others. I'm actually keen in one of the things they offer which is the Ganggang spa. Not sure if they are good... as could no find a lot of recent reviews on them (most I see are like 2-3 years back).

TYP - could it be the room too cold? or the aircon dusty? it's a pity not to have it if you feel good after the massage. or u ask if there's home base type? at least environment you are in control. I'm so looking forward to another massage - this time with Nouri in Feb :)

zhumei

yo all,

I enjoyed my prenatal massage at Qi Mantra but i think it's rather costly. besides, i rather save the money for other bb precious things or postnatal massage.
I will consider home massage during confinement.. anyone got recommendations? i also want to do the jamu massage. my friends told me it's a MUST!

anyway, LH779, i heard from some people that there's a reason why they will not massage after 33 weeks.. it might cause contractions and even resulting in premature labour. like touching certain nerves or nipples so I thought I better tell you.

Jadeite, yes.. because i am going to do c-sect. i am researching on whether to do GA or epidural. I've decided to go for GA because of my case of low lying placenta.
i think you mention before about delayed cord clamping? are you gg to do it? i read mixed reviews about it. oh and im not going to eat my placenta.

are you all going for the feb baby fair? i know maybe the april one is worth going but Feb one ? i scared it turn out to be like the dec one.. small and meaningless to go.. haha

my baby now weighs 2kg at 32 weeks. hope it will grow bigger incase of premature labour.

I was also looking at california baby washing products. GOSH! there are so many types... don't know what to buy.

anyone want to add me in mums.sg network? keke

tpy

should be babies bellies, I called them up their prenatal massage is 60 i think, also asked about their post natal package, price i guess pretty much the same as others. I'm actually keen in one of the things they offer which is the Ganggang spa. Not sure if they are good... as could no find a lot of recent reviews on them (most I see are like 2-3 years back).

TYP - could it be the room too cold? or the aircon dusty? it's a pity not to have it if you feel good after the massage. or u ask if there's home base type? at least environment you are in control. I'm so looking forward to another massage - this time with Nouri in Feb :)
I did not feel cold inside the room. Not sure was it because i had some wind inside my body that after she massaged all came out as flu haha

tpy

Zhumei i will be going for csec with ga.
If i am going to donate the cord blood, can i still delay the cord clamping?

jadeite

Tpy, you can only choose one or the other. Either the blood is saved for cord blood donation, or you let the blood go into baby for delayed cord clamping.

Zhumei, think I'll just donate cord blood. In the end since the cord blood can be so much more useful as a donation, better to give it to someone to save someone's life.

I might go for the feb baby fair. It will be a small one at suntec, but I like to shop and look at things hehe. Furthermore I still need to get a crib or playpen for my mom's place. Anyway for the April one, I won't be able to go since I'll definitely be on confinement. Already made my husband promise to go buy diapers and wet wipes for me at the April baby market. Hehe. Since by then we will know what size diapers baby can wear...

Last edited:

tpy

Oh ok jade. I also feel that it is a good gift from our babies to the more needy ones. I will be meeting the staff from cord blood bank tomorrow during work to settle the donation admin stuffs.

jadeite

Tpy, how was your meeting? What sort of questions did they ask you?

Went for check up today, bb is 1.8kg at 31 weeks, 77th percentile. Gynae wants to see me every two weeks alr. Is this usual? Bought package anyway so I suppose it's worth it. Haha. Asked him about episiotomies and he said he does not do it routinely, yay! He will try to allow for stretching or at most a small tear.

Last edited:

zhumei

Tpy, how was your meeting? What sort of questions did they ask you?

Went for check up today, baby is 1.8kg at 31 weeks, 77th percentile. Gynae wants to see me every two weeks already. Is this usual? Bought package anyway so I suppose it's worth it. Haha. Asked him about episiotomies and he said he does not do it routinely, yay! He will try to allow for stretching or at most a small tear.
can i check... how u check the percentile for the weight?

yes, it's the usual... because it's drawing nearer!!! so gynae need to monitor.

for my complicated case, it's every week loh

jadeite

Zhumei my gynae will tell me what's the percentile.. Cuz I think most of the online charts are for American babies, not for Asian or Singaporean babies.

You can use this link but it's American I think...
http://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

tpy

Jade, I have started 2 weeks once visit since my 31th week and bought package too. Not sure if I can finish the package if not very lugi hehe.
The meetup with the cord bank staff, there were a lot of questions to be answered like any blood related illness from my hubby n my side but focus would be the girls side I feel. Even asked which are the countries that I have travelled to for past three years and duration. She also mentioned that they will collect three tubes of blood for lab test. If I received any calls from them after baby has being delivered, it would means that the cord blood and blood test are successful. No calls means cord blood will be discarded as it does not pass the test

Last edited: