EDD Mar 2014

i think i very kan cheong. i washed all my baby clothes, muslin cloths, bedsheets and packed them nicely into those toyogo cupboards. Plus nicely labelled using a label maker :p also semi-packed my hospital bag... also filled in the form for maternity leave (except havent submitted cos I forgot to ask for letter from gynae). hehe. kancheong mtb.

counting down to ML! 15 more workdays for me. plan to stop work on 24 Feb

jadeite

Hehe I haven't washed mine yet.. I thought maybe I should wash in March when I'm on my pre-EDD leave so that I'll have something to do at home! For the first time I can't wait to do laundry. Hahaha. Submitted my request for maternity leave already. Someone asked me during CNY visit "so you are due next month" and I said "no la not so fast!" Then I realized it's true! March is next month!

LH779

anyone tried using the stylus mini fridge before? I'm thinking of getting one if (for the expressed milk) I still have milk after i go back to work. Cause I dun think I wan to store it with the common fridge in the pantry (where my other colleagues will sometime keep food and totally forget about it).

jadeite

Ya LH I feel the same way. The shared fridge is really gross! The Medela cooler bag is supposed to be able to store for a few hours I'm not sure how long. How big is this mini fridge?

nahj

Hi ladies, i went last night to my gynea for weekly check up, my baby is normal, heartbeat is normal what is surprise me is that the weight of my baby is quite big its 3.2kg for 35 weeks and my doctor says that in highly chance of normal delivery as the head of the baby is in the correct position. Now i'm having 2nd thought if i will still go for normal deliver or cs because im quite nervous when i found out the weight of the baby. Im excited to see my baby and a bit scared for labour. My edd will be on march 6. Ladies what is the weight of ur baby now?

Last edited:

LH779

Hi Nahj - at week 32, mine was 2.1kg. Yah, me too, wanted to see BB by afraid of delivery. I also have 2nd tots after watching a birth video, but majority of the mummies (even those who have to CS) told me if possible to go for nature. but it's your call, maybe you check with your doctor for more assurance :)

Hi Jade - the stylus one can put 6 cans of coke in, so i believe should be enough to store the express milk. there's no thermostat, the mini fridge will be 18 to 20 degree cooler then the external temp. hence if your air-con temp in office is set as 25 degree, the fridge will probably be 7 degree. My friend more power, she really bought those real fridge, but the small type, think less then $200. But i think if I do that my boss will roll their eyes loh.

reffine

If possible, opt for normal delivery. My first boy, I did normal without epidural.. I delivered on 11.35 noon. At 3-4 pm alrdy can walk as per normal. Wish can go for normal delivery again for my second bb girl which is due on 25 march 2014 :)

Recommended book to read for normal delivery: hypnobirthing.. This is to relax your mind during the labour process :)

lltan

quicksand: girl (2nd time mummy) - 3 Mar
myln02: girl (first time mummy) - 3 Mar
maviss: boy (first time mummy) - 6 Mar
lltan: girl (first time mummy) - 6 Mar
yellow: girl - 7 Mar
allie: boy (first time mummy) - 8 Mar
monz: girl (2nd time mummy) - 9 Mar
angies: boy (first time mummy) - 9 Mar
yanti19: (first time mummy) - 10 Mar
honeygirl: girl - 11 Mar
Xinyu: girl - 14 Mar
zhumei: girl - 15 Mar
AnxiousMama: girl (first time mummy) - 16 Mar
eleanor: boy (first time mummy) - 20 Mar
jo: girl - 21 Mar
Reagan: girl - 21 Mar
Rachie: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
Melody: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
layla: boy - 22 Mar
karmene: boy - 22 Mar
taboo: girl (2nd time mummy) - 24 Mar
jadeite: girl (first time mummy) - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
marchbabe: prob girl - 28 Mar
itchyscratchy: 30 Mar
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
tpy: girl

Layla0401

I went for glucose test at 31 weeks, check for gestational diabetes and thankfully am all good. They only check this if you are at risk (such as family history or other factors), so don't worry if your doctor didn't offer it. I just went for 33 weeks+4d check-up today and baby is 2kg, doctor estimates the baby will be between 3-3.5kg which she says is a good range. She also did a haemoglobin test today (normal) and vaginal swab to send for lab culture to test for GBS (Group B streptococcus) infection. I wasn't prepared for the latter, but thank goodness I was "clean". Baby's head has been down since 30 weeks (during fetal scan at 21 weeks he was head down, but was breech during doctor's scanning at 25 weeks so I had been doing pelvic exercises, walking and talking to him to turn down hehe, I also put headphones and played songs at the bottom of my belly). He shifted his C-position from his back on my left side at 30 weeks to his back on my right side at 33 weeks. He's a real wriggly one.

I think someone mentioned about having more discharge, I'm also experiencing that and have had to wear panty liners again. I bought Poise pads which is actually for peeing incontinence but my friend swears it is the most comfy. Watson's cotton disposable undies - the biggest I found was L even though they supposedly have XL. I prefer to have XL for something much looser haha. If anyone's interested, Watson's B2 at Plaza Singapura has S-L, many in stock as of 1 week ago, Watson's B2 in Tampines Mall had okay-ish stock S-L as of a few days ago. Can't remember the price, but not on sale. If anyone knows where I can find XL, please let me know.

I handwashed all of baby's clothes and bedding (well, husband did it technically but I hanged them) using Tollyjoy liquid baby detergent. We bought baby bottle detergent to wash his bottles, but is it really necessary? We have not done it yet but don't think it'll be a long-term solution.
bl1.jpg

I'll be packing the maternity bag soon since my husband also washed my bags and since I don't have any leave before EDD. Our clinic has already booked a bed for us. We inquired about pre-admissions at PEH and was told that we'll need a doctor's letter (apparently our gynae will be giving us a package list at some point?), both NRICs and marriage certificate (for Medisave). Any idea when we're supposed to get this doctor's letter?

Last edited:

jadeite

I did my pre-admission with Mt A and didn't need any doctor's letter? Mine was done over the internet and they sent an SMS to confirm. Very easy. No need for IC or anything. Mt A only mentioned that I should bring those identification documents in when I'm admitted, for registering baby's name.

Layla, your hubby even washed the bags? You mean your hospital bag? Wow super clean! I was actually meaning to ask if I should get the baby soft carrier (sling and front carrier) washed - it's made of those canvas material so I don't know if I should just throw it in the washing machine :x so expensive I don't want to accidentally spoil them.

I've got some discharge too but I am lazy to wear panty liners - I get rashes easily from using pads and panty liners, I usually use tampons for period. Gonna be really sad postdelivery if I have to deal with rashes along with a healing wound, since we have to use maternity pads ))):

I'm seeing doc this thurs for my 33 week scan...

Layla0401

Yea, we thought of paying downpayment today as well so that my husband won't have to bother with any admin stuff on labour day so were a bit surprised that we needed extra documents.

Haha, I'm using one of my handcarry travelling bags which has been collecting dust so he thought it was better to just wash them since he was already doing some washing. I heard some people actually bring those wheel-ly luggages to the hospital! But I guess if you don't drive and are expecting to receive gifts at the hospital, a wheel-ly bag makes sense.

jadeite

Yes my friend brought a wheely luggage bag to hospital - small one - because she ended up bringing a lot of stuff, also because she said easier to move around with it. Haha!

Didn't know you can pay early? Didn't hear anything from Mt A about payment...

diorly

Any mommies keen to engage a broadly experienced and reliable confinement nanny who can do modern confinement for you? PM me!

tpy

My gyne had given me the doctor's letter. Have not packed my hospital bag as i have not buy zip lock bag to put mine n bb clean clothings in. At 35 weeks scan baby's head is still not turning down n is at my right side of tummy. Doctor also said she will check for my pregnancy cyst during my csec. Hope that it will be gone.

monz

Went for my check up on 35weeks. Bb is abt 2.2kg. However doc mention low amniotic fluid in my water bag, requested me to admit to monitor if it go lower might induce. But I no admit, book appt to rescan next week. Kind of worried. Any mummies heard this or experience before?

Layla0401

Monz, I've read about low amniotic fluid before, and one of the recommended things to do was to drink lots and lots of water so that the amniotic fluid can be replaced. Maybe you can try this? All the best, hope mommy and baby will be fine.