EDD Mar 2014

tpy

The time seems to fly so fast! Congrats to those march mummies who have given birth!
Jadeite, will moxibustion still work at 37weeks? Hw much isit?
Tpy, congrats n hope u recover soon! how is the recovery aft ur csect ? We r able to take painkillers for the wound rite? Isit v painful? Care to share roughly what was ur total bill?
Eleanor, tks! Hai i still feel pain but seems to be much better now. The painkillers given are safe for breastfeeding and it also helps with coping with the pain encounter when now the womb is contracting back to pre pregancy stage. 1st two days after i delivered, i could hear some pop pop sound n muscle pulling from my womb area. Got scared and my gyne said its normal! Surgical binder is a must to bring to operating theatre for my gyne n my friends said it helps to heal the wound faster n get rid of tummy haha. For the bill i have not seen it as we went for express discharge. Will post here again once i have received it

Eleanor

Tpy, icic..thanks for sharing! Hope u recover soon=)
Btw any ladies here experience pain at the groin and inner thigh area? Tis few days iv been experiencing it whn walking but this morning it got really bad till iv difficulty walking as the pain is excruciating w each step..and it is only not painful when i stand still or sit down...

icy0983

Hi mummies..my bb decided to come earlier on 20 Feb..my Edd was on 1 Mar..delivery thru natural
Currently facing difficulties on breastfeeding & painful engorgement..think I will give up soon..never felt so painful before..milk overflow with soiled clothings in the morning
Any mummies having same issues?

jo1402

Tpy, icic..thanks for sharing! Hope u recover soon=)
Btw any ladies here experience pain at the groin and inner thigh area? Tis few days iv been experiencing it whn walking but this morning it got really bad till iv difficulty walking as the pain is excruciating w each step..and it is only not painful when i stand still or sit down...
Hi Eleanor, I'm not experiencing really pain in those areas but these few days (I think 1-2 days already) I'm feeling rather achy and sore at the base of my belly... wonder if labor is near? My EDD is 21 Mar leh... I feel rather like an old lady when I walk. =(

Eleanor

Hi Jo..probably ur bb went deeper into ur pelvis..hv u had ur gynae check?
I did some research online and i think im having Symphilis pubis dysfunction..haiz...whereby the bones at the pubic area gets too loose..gona see my gynae..

jo1402

Hi Jo..probably ur bb went deeper into ur pelvis..hv u had ur gynae check?
I did some research online and i think im having Symphilis pubis dysfunction..haiz...whereby the bones at the pubic area gets too loose..gona see my gynae..
Yup, had my last gynae check on 25/02/14 but he said baby's engaged via the scan. Hmm.. I guess maybe she got deeper recent days hence I'm feeling the soreness!

Yup I read abt this Pelvic Pain too. Cos at first trim I got something similar but luckily the pain went off. Think you confirm with your gynae and see what he recommends.

LH779

Hi mummies..my bb decided to come earlier on 20 Feb..my Edd was on 1 Mar..delivery thru natural
Currently facing difficulties on breastfeeding & painful engorgement..think I will give up soon..never felt so painful before..milk overflow with soiled clothings in the morning
Any mummies having same issues?
would it be easier if you pump your milk and feed your baby with EBM?? Jiayou jia you, hopefully things will get better for you :)

Layla0401

Yup, had my last gynae check on 25/02/14 but he said baby's engaged via the scan. Hmm.. I guess maybe she got deeper recent days hence I'm feeling the soreness!

Yup I read about this Pelvic Pain too. Cos at first trim I got something similar but luckily the pain went off. Think you confirm with your gynae and see what he recommends.
I had shooting pelvic pains yesterday in the evening and at night, very sudden and shockingly painful for a second or two. Probably because I was walking a lot during the day, heard walking helps to prepare body for labour.

I went for 37 weeks check-up on Sat and baby is 2.8kg (400g gain) and I gained 1.2kg from 2 weeks ago! Doctor remarked how come I was putting on weight. I suspect it might be water retention coz I am not eating drastically more.

I have 20 more days to go, getting uncomfortable to sleep at night but in general still feel okay unless I've been sitting at the desk for too long as I get a bit too stiff to stand up straight. Not really waddling yet but starting to really look like a baby whale.

LH779, good tip on keeping admission papers in handbag! I only got my doctor's letter last Sat after doing some CTG (??) baby heartbeat/ contractions test and did pre-admissions and pay deposit.

Congrats to all the mommies who have welcomed their babies into the world!

LH779

the pelvic pains is like more frequent for me nowadays. seems like baby already at the right position. but gynae told me to walk more so that baby will shift further down.
generally I can still walk/sit as normal, just that have to do at a slower pace.

The worse part for me is when I need to get up to use the toilet at night. With the extra weight of the tummy, it's really difficult to roll of the bed. and also by back will hurts like crazy when I get off the bed.... felt bad towards hubby also, cause sometime it hurts so bad that I'll make some noise and wake him up.

Oh, another thing i just got to know is, if you having diarrhoea it's also another sign that you may be ready for birth soon :)

the feeling is just complicated.
- wanted to delivery baby ASAP so that this sort of pain/issues will go away
- but on the other hand, there's another set of pain/issues to endure after delivery

Last edited:

Eleanor

I guess at tis stage we are all experiencing thr same kind of mixed emotions..me too, i cant wait to have my bb out as the pelvic pain is torturing me..yet scared of the pain aft birth..nevertheless, lets all jiayou! :)

Taboo

Plus the BH is quite painful at times... and is very often. Body preparing us for the real thing... Jia you all mummies:)

Layla0401

Haha I'm motivated to keep the baby in so that he can fully mature but keep thinking of the afterbirth effects. I just started doing perineal massage because I am sure I will tear (all those women who don't are either lucky or super prepared!). At my 37 weeks appt, I was quite surprised to get this vaginal wash to use afterbirth to help the tearing to heal plus this medication to take to soften stools so that it doesn't rupture stitches.

LH779, same here. I always roll to my side first, then slowly get up but I will find that my body will be quite numb in places. So even though I urgently need to go, I have to let the blood flow into my legs first. Yes, I heard about the diarrhoea also! I have refused enema upon admission in my birth plan and told my doc I will try to clear bowels at home before I go labour suite haha.

jadeite

Layla, what's the reason for refusing enema? Is there a medical reason?

Baby is still breech and I'm rapidly giving up hope. Kinda resigned to a c sect now. She has until 17 march to turn, as there'll be a checkup the day before the op... Bleh. Kinda sad about it because I feel like I'll never know what it's like to go into labor and deliver my baby naturally. At the same time doc keeps reminding me that she is a big baby, plus breech, plus he says from experience, women who have trouble conceiving like me often have some small complications during labor. So it might be a good thing to do c sect anyway. Guess it's some consolation there, because I definitely want bb to be healthy...

The diarrhea thing won't work as a predictor for me because I always have soft stools (sorry if TMI!) and in fact these days have been going three times a day. I think bb is too big and there's just not enough space for food, baby and digested food in there. Lol.

nahj

Hi ladies let me share my exp during my cesarian labor using general anestesia to my first baby.

Tuesday Feb 25: Check up with my gynea, he told me that my baby is really big and estimated weight is 38kg at week 39 and he told me the risk involved if i will pursue normal delivery. He told me that i need to wait 2 to 4 weeks before baby can be out for normal delivery and it will be 40+kg! He gave me 2 options:

Option 1. My baby's head is big and if i will do normal delivery the head will be out but the shoulder will be stuck inside and chances of emergency section is high.

Option 2. Do the CS.

Wednesday Feb 26: went back to doctor and told him that we wanted to do CS to be deliver at Mt A on Feb 28 (Friday) unfortunately mt. A is full on friday and he told us that tmc is available on feb 28, my concern in tmc is the rate of the hospital is a bit high comparing to mt. A so we decided to move the date on march 5.

Thursday Feb 27: Husband and i spoke along with my inlaws and we decided to do the delivery on friday feb 28 at tmc. Went back to my gynea and changed the sched again. Confirmed the date feb 28 7:30am.

Friday Feb 28 The big day: 5:30am reached tmc, went to admission, process all the documents, receipts for medisave claims. I choose double bed room as single bed room quite exp there. Managed to give downpayment ($3,500) and they assist us already to the room. Staying there for 3days, will be discharge on Monday March 3 before 11am.

7:10am: Nurse went in my room ask me to change the hospital dress, shave my hair below and asked me if i poop i told her i cannot poop, then she inserted something to my butt so i can poop.

7:25am: Another nurse came in and asked me to lye down to the bed so she can send me to the operating room. Feeling so nervous while nurse and i talking.

7:30am: reached the operating room and waiting for the assisted doctor and my gynea. Assisted doctor came in and started to prepare the operation, im not sure what time he injected the general anestesia last thing i saw was my gynea came in and talked to me on how am i feeling and suddenly the nurse put the laughing gas and i knock out already.

7:48am: Woke up and i feel the pain below i thought the operation is just started and i cant breathe! Laughing gas still at my nose and i cant breathe, and i cant do anything, i cant move my hand i just remember doctor told me to breathe breathe breathe and breathe, im breathing but i cant breathe then they removed the laughing gas and i can breathe properly whew! and i just surprise i saw my husband and they pushing the bed going back to my room. Operation is done! My husband told me it took 8mins only for the operation.

While the Anestesia is slowly fading away, my aunt put the diffuser and young living essential oils for me to feel better and it works! I feel relax because of the smell and she even put some oils in my head and feet which it really help a lot to ease the pain.

I asked my husband where's my baby and he show me a lot of pictures and he say that they're still washing him up. Suddenly they show my baby and all sleepless nights and discomfort was worth it! I saw my heathy baby boy with the weight 38.55kg. Head is 38cm and length is 50cm. Saw my husband carrying my baby boy that moment is so pricessless so much happiness and love that i am feeling.

I wont share the 3 days that i've been staying in the hospital but honestly CS is very hard to walk and really need to be careful. They teach breast feeding which is very helpful to all mums. Im having a problem also when im sleeping because i cant sleep properly, i will sleep a bit and will just woke up and very surprise. I asked the nurse about that and she say that maybe im experiencing some trauma and it will be fade away soon. I told to my husband this he put again some essential oils to my foot and it works again i can sleep properly :)

March 2: The pedia of my baby informed me that they did the vaccine for hepa and vitamins for my baby and they did also checking the heart and everything are normal. They did the blood test and my baby having a jaundice currently he got 13.2 and they put him in the photo lightning theraphy so that jaundice will go down. My baby can discharge only if the blood test will be going down to 10.

Today March 3: Im expecting that me and my baby will go home together unfortunately they did a blood test again and he still have jaundice and its going up from yesterday to 13.2 to 14 today. Feeling so terrible when were leaving the hospital my baby is crying and im crying too while leaving the hospital up to this moment that im sharing this with you i feel so misserable without my baby beside me. I miss my baby so much but he really need to be treated so jaundice will be fade away. Im praying that he will be healthy and tomorrow he will be fine and jaundice will fade away and we can bring him back home.

The bills in tmc we will be getting it only as soon as my baby is discharged from the hospital. I estimate it to 9k to 10k as we all know everything in tmc are chargeble including tissue, cottons, diapers, baby wipes etc. I will update you again ladies and thank you for reading my long long delivery experience.

Goodluck to everyone and share your experience too! Cheers!

Layla0401

Layla, what's the reason for refusing enema? Is there a medical reason?
Jadeite, no medical reason, just a personal preference. The feedback that I got is that the abdominal pain from enema can be much more than the actual giving birth. Since I'm going to attempt natural and hypnobirth, I'd like to try to minimise unnecessary pain haha. I'd take that over making it more "convenient" for the medical team.

We can only plan and get ready, will need to be mentally prepared for the different scenarios that might occur. I really hope that somehow your baby can turn, 17th March is still 2 weeks away. :) Can't remember if you have discussed doing ECV with your doc, or other methods like doing some poses, walking, putting music at the bottom of your belly etc? I guess can only be positive at this point, and make sure you eat well/ do any other prep that might help in your recovery later on.

What did your doctor mean by "women who have trouble conceiving like me often have some small complications during labor"? Would you be okay to share more?

Nahj, wow thanks for sharing your birth story! 3.855kg is definitely a big boy! I hope you will heal well and soon, and that your little prince will get to go home soon as well. Take care...

icy0983

would it be easier if you pump your milk and feed your baby with EBM?? Jiayou jia you, hopefully things will get better for you :)
Thanks thanks.I went gynae today & took some medication..already cant take it.severe painful engorgement & have not't Been able to catch some sleep..its like a cycle where baby wakes up..& i pump out & baby wakes again....decided to go on formulae. :(

tpy

Hi ladies let me share my exp during my cesarian labor using general anestesia to my first baby.

Tuesday Feb 25: Check up with my gynea, he told me that my baby is really big and estimated weight is 38kg at week 39 and he told me the risk involved if i will pursue normal delivery. He told me that i need to wait 2 to 4 weeks before baby can be out for normal delivery and it will be 40+kg! He gave me 2 options:

Option 1. My baby's head is big and if i will do normal delivery the head will be out but the shoulder will be stuck inside and chances of emergency section is high.

Option 2. Do the CS.

Wednesday Feb 26: went back to doctor and told him that we wanted to do CS to be deliver at Mt A on Feb 28 (Friday) unfortunately mt. A is full on friday and he told us that Thomson Medical Center is available on feb 28, my concern in Thomson Medical Center is the rate of the hospital is a bit high comparing to mt. A so we decided to move the date on march 5.

Thursday Feb 27: Husband and i spoke along with my inlaws and we decided to do the delivery on friday feb 28 at Thomson Medical Center. Went back to my gynea and changed the sched again. Confirmed the date feb 28 7:30am.

Friday Feb 28 The big day: 5:30am reached Thomson Medical Center, went to admission, process all the documents, receipts for medisave claims. I choose double bed room as single bed room quite exp there. Managed to give downpayment ($3,500) and they assist us already to the room. Staying there for 3days, will be discharge on Monday March 3 before 11am.

7:10am: Nurse went in my room ask me to change the hospital dress, shave my hair below and asked me if i poop i told her i cannot poop, then she inserted something to my butt so i can poop.

7:25am: Another nurse came in and asked me to lye down to the bed so she can send me to the operating room. Feeling so nervous while nurse and i talking.

7:30am: reached the operating room and waiting for the assisted doctor and my gynea. Assisted doctor came in and started to prepare the operation, im not sure what time he injected the general anestesia last thing i saw was my gynea came in and talked to me on how am i feeling and suddenly the nurse put the laughing gas and i knock out already.

7:48am: Woke up and i feel the pain below i thought the operation is just started and i cant breathe! Laughing gas still at my nose and i cant breathe, and i cant do anything, i cant move my hand i just remember doctor told me to breathe breathe breathe and breathe, im breathing but i cant breathe then they removed the laughing gas and i can breathe properly whew! and i just surprise i saw my husband and they pushing the bed going back to my room. Operation is done! My husband told me it took 8mins only for the operation.

While the Anestesia is slowly fading away, my aunt put the diffuser and young living essential oils for me to feel better and it works! I feel relax because of the smell and she even put some oils in my head and feet which it really help a lot to ease the pain.

I asked my husband where's my baby and he show me a lot of pictures and he say that they're still washing him up. Suddenly they show my baby and all sleepless nights and discomfort was worth it! I saw my heathy baby boy with the weight 38.55kg. Head is 38cm and length is 50cm. Saw my husband carrying my baby boy that moment is so pricessless so much happiness and love that i am feeling.

I wont share the 3 days that i've been staying in the hospital but honestly CS is very hard to walk and really need to be careful. They teach breast feeding which is very helpful to all mums. Im having a problem also when im sleeping because i cant sleep properly, i will sleep a bit and will just woke up and very surprise. I asked the nurse about that and she say that maybe im experiencing some trauma and it will be fade away soon. I told to my husband this he put again some essential oils to my foot and it works again i can sleep properly :)

March 2: The pedia of my baby informed me that they did the vaccine for hepa and vitamins for my baby and they did also checking the heart and everything are normal. They did the blood test and my baby having a jaundice currently he got 13.2 and they put him in the photo lightning theraphy so that jaundice will go down. My baby can discharge only if the blood test will be going down to 10.

Today March 3: Im expecting that me and my baby will go home together unfortunately they did a blood test again and he still have jaundice and its going up from yesterday to 13.2 to 14 today. Feeling so terrible when were leaving the hospital my baby is crying and im crying too while leaving the hospital up to this moment that im sharing this with you i feel so misserable without my baby beside me. I miss my baby so much but he really need to be treated so jaundice will be fade away. Im praying that he will be healthy and tomorrow he will be fine and jaundice will fade away and we can bring him back home.

The bills in Thomson Medical Center we will be getting it only as soon as my baby is discharged from the hospital. I estimate it to 9k to 10k as we all know everything in Thomson Medical Center are chargeble including tissue, cottons, diapers, baby wipes etc. I will update you again ladies and thank you for reading my long long delivery experience.

Goodluck to everyone and share your experience too! Cheers!
Yes i agree the worst part is walking part. When i sit for too long and tried to get down from bed or chair at home can feel the wound area very heavy n sometimes pain. But once i stand n walk for like 5 mins later wont feel this way so i always stand when nurses asksd me to sit down to rest hahaha
for me when i was wheeled into OT, kind of scary when you looked at the lights on the ceiling! N the nurses from mt a were very high n excited!!! Then the anesthesiologist then told the nurses to rise my oxygen level to the highest n i was knocked out! Then after the csec i looked around and realised that was done but i was having difficulty to wake up n keep rising my hand for the nurse as i feel sonething stuck in my thoat

Last edited:

jadeite

Layla, I have PCOS and it took us about a year and a half to conceive on fertility aids like Clomid and TCM. Very blessed to be able to conceive naturally eventually, without IUI or IVF. I'm not entirely sure what the doc really meant either but he just said that women who have a bit of trouble conceiving often have labor complications; I'm assuming like difficult or long labor.

We asked about ECV too but he said that most gynaes are not trained for it nowadays because the success rate wasn't very high. Guess it's just easier to send women for c sections. He said the one doctor he knew who could do the ECV procedure effectively has since passed away!! I don't know how true it is but it does seem that none of my friends who had breech babies have ever been offered ECV by their gynaes. Anyway I read up on it and apparently there are issues with it as well, including possible strangulation or tangling of the umbilical cord. So maybe it's also best not to try.

I've been doing polar bear pose, inverse polar bear pose, moxibustion, pelvic swinging, playing music at my pelvic bone... This girl is just too fat, too stubborn, too comfortable, or there might be some other factor preventing her from flipping. ):