Edd march 2012

pehfam

mommies can i check how much milk your bb is taking and the hrs apart? my rascal turning 4mth 2morr but my mom say since his milk intake drop ( used to be taking 150ml, now only 120-130ml ) better don't start on any semi solids...

Ya, mine too! He will also stiffen his legs and "attempt" to stand each time we carry him by the armpit too! :)
Ya mine too. Recently my sis bought my girl a walker. I removed all wheels and place a cushion underneath. She loves 'standing'. Kinda help my tired arms. Hee..

mommies can i check how much milk your bb is taking and the hrs apart? my rascal turning 4mth 2morr but my mom say since his milk intake drop ( used to be taking 150ml, now only 120-130ml ) better don't start on any semi solids...
I asked my PD this qn too. She drinks only 90mls, 3 hourly. PD said not to worry if intake is small cos that's probably what the bb needs. Bbs knows when is enough. Any more will be overfed and we'll either have a frustrated bb or a vomiting one. regarding semi solid, she advised us to start only at 6 months cos that's when it's safest cos bb would have developed their swallowing skills. She mentioned that for first 6 months, bbs receive full nutrition fr BM or FM so adding semi solids would not be adding to their nutritional value in that sense.

On a side note, I asked my friend. She said she started her son on semi solids at 4 months and he refused to ggo back to milk thereafter. Then she started her second son at 7months and he refused semi solids and only wants milk. I guess we jz hv to gauge according to the bb.

Im also at a loss as to how to assess my girl for her readiness.

same for me too, our maid have been with us since babies were 1-2 weeks old till now almost 4 mth, at times i feel jealous too when seeing her sleep with my boys, but no choice, i have only 1 pair of hands, sometimes i can only carry 1 baby..esp now i have go back to work, e lesser time i can be with my boys >.<

now i still try to spend more time with my babies, we take turn to sleep with our twins and weekend i will bath them so hopefully they wont feel so distant from me >.<
Same...:( mine came when my girl was 2 months. I dislike it when I told her specifically that she takes care of the household chores and she would always still want a pie of my girl. Best is when my girl cry, I am carrying my girl and helper also want to carry. Bad enough to hv my mil 'fighting' with me, now a helper.

I am still bathing my girl before work and wipe down time is either me or husband. Sleeps with us too. Really the last thing I want is when my girl turns to helper when she cries or sleep.

katsg

Mine turning 4mths coming Fri too! He is currently taking about 170ml...my mum also suggests me to wait until 6mths then start on semi solids else bb will not want to take milk whole day...:)

katsg

anyone got bumbo chair ?

is it feasible to even buy one ?

I just bought a new Bumbo chair with tray for bb to sit on. He can sit for a while when you are busy but not too long. If too long, he will fuss also. Thought he likes to sit upright so bought it cos thought he can sit a long time in it but ends up the same as the rest of the stuffs like bouncer etc...@@

katsg

Ya mine too. Recently my sis bought my girl a walker. I removed all wheels and place a cushion underneath. She loves 'standing'. Kinda help my tired arms. Hee..
Huh your gal got the strength to stand upright herself just holding onto the walker? @@

katsg

We using the LG playmats ( was a gift from his full month party ) been using it when he was 2mth plus till now :) I like it cos it's quite thick so baby can sleep on it ( he use it for his morn nap ) have not tot abt getting a exersaucer....
I think the exersaucer more suitable for walkers ba?

I think the exersaucer more suitable for walkers ba?
Many different write up about which is better. Exersaucer, walkers, jumperoos. Conclusion I find is that either of them (exer and walker) doesn't help a baby to walk. So for me, I just treat it as one of the activity for my girl since she can stand upright with it & she adores it. But I KS, limit to only 5-10 mins a day. Anyway, she has the Bumbo chair so I'd rather she learn how to sit first. I sure hope I am not doing more harm to her though!

hayashi43

Same...:( mine came when my girl was 2 months. I dislike it when I told her specifically that she takes care of the household chores and she would always still want a pie of my girl. Best is when my girl cry, I am carrying my girl and helper also want to carry. Bad enough to hv my mil 'fighting' with me, now a helper.

I am still bathing my girl before work and wipe down time is either me or husband. Sleeps with us too. Really the last thing I want is when my girl turns to helper when she cries or sleep.

I am kinda of no choice but asking maid to share our load for taking care of bb, but so far my maid is OK as i would tell her directly what i want/do not want how my babies are taken care of, and also maybe cos she is a mother herself, she understand how i would feel if my boys are not attached to me...she will hint to us if we are playing too much with 1 boy and neglecting the other (as the other boy is "staring" at us..=P)...so hopefully i can have more quality time w my bb!!

my boys are turning 4 mths in 2 days time, currently they are drinking 130ml for every 3-4 hrs.
I intend to give semi food to my bb only after 6 mths

pehfam

anyone got bumbo chair ?

is it feasible to even buy one ?
Got one hand me down. Tried a few times but bb lasted maybe around 5min in it. Most of the time he prefer to sit on the sofa or on our bed ( just put some pillow behide him ) so the chair end up gathering dust somewhere....

MamaDT

Hi Mummies,

I am from EDD Dec2012 ... would like to check if anyone has a good full-time confinement lady to intro? I hope to find one that is good, reliable, honest and hardworking. I've heard about too much horror storries of confinement ladies.

Hence, hope to hear from new mummies' experience on good confinement ladies.

Thanks! :001_302:

katsg

mine also turning 4 mths soon... 160~180ml, 4 hrs apart... sometimes 180ml 5hrs, esp daytime he sleep more if weather good... if not, he will be playing by himself, or cry if he dun see anyone near him
Wow, at least ur boy can play by himself. Mine can't last 10mins if left him alone. Even beside him he won't last long unless we play with him...@@

mrsliow

Hi... How is everyone coping with the baby? My boy is born at 4.1kg at birth, don't seem putting on much now. I think he is 7kg now... Yeah.. Approaching 4mths soon... Can introduce food to my boyboy... I'm back to work aft two mths maternity... Every week clearing one day off from the flexi maternity leave.... Any1 bring baby to babyspa?

Preddy

Hi... How is everyone coping with the baby? My boy is born at 4.1kg at birth, don't seem putting on much now. I think he is 7kg now... Yeah.. Approaching 4mths soon... Can introduce food to my boyboy... I'm back to work aft two mths maternity... Every week clearing one day off from the flexi maternity leave.... Any1 bring baby to babyspa?
brought my lil terror twice to BabySpa @ NEX and she enjoyed the 1st trip more than the 2nd. Have also bought the pool-tub from babyspa and let her play once at home. But the amount of water needed to fill up the tub is scary and still in two thoughts whether to keep using it or go back to BabySpa and spend $38 per session.

Do take note though that there will be a great disparity in terms of service from your 1st time there and subsequent ones if you did not take up the membership/package. I shall not reveal more but u'll know what i mean.

I did and my girl loves the experience. She slept very well the next few days after 1/2hr of exercise. I decided to sign on the package, seeing her loving it although it's a tad costly. But I reckon that if I buy my own swimming pool, I would be spending heaps on the water used. Hee...

pehfam

am thinking of bringing my boy to the pool this weekend instead of the spa ( hee hee, cheaper!) keeping fingers cross!!!