EDD March 2013

NeyMO

Re: Hi Mummies

Hi Mummies,

I would like to join in this forum as I be having my 2nd baby , edd 24 March .

Regarding breast pump, I gods received good review of medela freestyle . I have a friend who has been using ameda for a year says that brand is also quite ok. So I guess it depends on how much you would want to spent on breastpumps.
I do have friends who bought 2 pigeon single pump to act as double as they think the pigeon pumps are good n comfortable to use.

Personally, I use medela swing. However, I would suggest mummies to go for dual pump to save time!

Congras all who are first or second time mummies here.
Welcome Happyqueen!! Thanks for the breastpump info. Seems medela looks good ! :001_302:

NeyMO

Oh dear.. I got admitted to hospital due to high fever.. Might be UTI. :(
Oppssss... Do take care Luckymum!! Drink more water and rest more (hugss)....

Is your fever severe? Admission into hospital due to fever seems worried. Hope you do have a speed recovery!!

NeyMO

I had have my OSCAR scanning this morning at Thomson Medical Centre.

Average of NT thickness <2mm, CRL 3.67cm (12wks 3 days), heartbeat 166bpm. Saw bb little tiny arms, legs, and big head :)001_302:) moving actively inside my womb. Amazing!! Also, blood was drew for beta-hcg and PPAP-A calculation for combined analysis of down syndrome.

Will meet my gynae, Dr Paul Tseng next sat morning to discuss the result with him. I understand that the OSCAR ratio might not be accurate for some people and this actually stress up the parents in amniocentesis analysis in further.

Do hope my little precious be a superb healthy snake bb throughout the whole pregnancy! :shyxxx:

smilem

this is my 2nd BB. i had miscarriage in MAr 2012 and thank god that i'm pregnant again in July 2012. EDD = 19 MArch 2012.
My gayne = Dr Kee in THomson medical & planned to give birth there too. 5 yrs ago i had fiobriod and was remved by Dr Kee too :)

smilem

HI NeyMo

I"m going for my OSCAR Scan on SEptember 2012. i ve enquiry.. i read from forum, some say oscar scan should be done during 11-13 weeks. but we only 9 weeks.. we hAve to do OSCAR.

Btw.. OSCAR scan.. what did they do? will they poke big needles into our tumy to extract the fluid?

NeyMO

Welcome to this thread, Smilem :001_302:

Yes, the OSCAR should be performed btw 11-13weeks. Prior to 11 weeks, fetus is too small for the NT thickness measurement. After 13 weeks, the fluid behind the neck will be reduced and therefore 11-13 weeks of gestational week is the ideal period for OSCAR scanning.

OSCAR consists of 2 parts - Ultrasound (to check the NT thickness) and blood test (b-hcg and PPAP-A). And all the result will be considered and a risk ratio is calculated. If you are in the high risk, gynae will ask u either u wanna to go for more invasive testing yet confirming result - amniocentesis (as what u describe - poke big needle into tummy and extract fluid).

It is pretty fast for me to have the OSCAR scan this morning - total spend 1.5 hours. Hate to wait for very long time.

smilem

Hi NeyMo

Ya but i only 09 weeks (in september), don't understand why the doc so fast ask me go thru OSCAR Test...:nah:
And quite costly $400++

Yes, the OSCAR should be performed btw 11-13weeks. Prior to 11 weeks, fetus is too small for the not thickness measurement. After 13 weeks, the fluid behind the neck will be reduced and therefore 11-13 weeks of gestational week is the ideal period for OSCAR scanning.

OSCAR consists of 2 parts - Ultrasound (to check the not thickness) and blood test (b-hcg and PPAP-A). And all the result will be considered and a risk ratio is calculated. If you are in the high risk, gynae will ask you either you wanna to go for more invasive testing yet confirming result - amniocentesis (as what you describe - poke big needle into tummy and extract fluid).

It is pretty fast for me to have the OSCAR scan this morning - total spend 1.5 hours. Hate to wait for very long time.

Kiwicake

Yes, the OSCAR should be performed btw 11-13weeks. Prior to 11 weeks, fetus is too small for the NT thickness measurement. After 13 weeks, the fluid behind the neck will be reduced and therefore 11-13 weeks of gestational week is the ideal period for OSCAR scanning.

OSCAR consists of 2 parts - Ultrasound (to check the NT thickness) and blood test (b-hcg and PPAP-A). And all the result will be considered and a risk ratio is calculated. If you are in the high risk, gynae will ask u either u wanna to go for more invasive testing yet confirming result - amniocentesis (as what u describe - poke big needle into tummy and extract fluid).

Hihi,

I am expecting my first baby and currently am at 10 weeks 6 days. Have been feeling sick everyday not just the usual morning sickness.

My Gynea is Dr Sim Lim Ngor from Thomason Medical. I am scheduled to do Oscar scan in week 12. Didn't know the scan will take so long. I book my oscar scan and appointment with the dr back to back. Can I know whether I will know the results of the scan immediately on that day?

smilem

Hi KIwi

Errr.. my booking very fast. i booked on 14 Aug 2012 for 07 Sep 2012.

Hmm.. all of your gyane advise to do OSCAR after week 11... but mine is only week 9.. i ve to do the scan...

MsSaggi

luckmum, NeyMO, susannanation, babyjade, MsSaggi...

Thks for asking how m i.
Its not that I dun wanna reply earlier, I m just so stressed up.
I lost my baby on 14/08/12, Tuesday.
Scan with no heartbeat.
ArDz dear, so glad to hear from you..
& I am soo sorry for the loss dear... Rest well & take care ok..

NeyMO

Halo smilelam,

Perhaps you might need to confirm again with your Gynae about the OSCAR appointment. Mine package (OSCAR and 20 weeks detailed scanning) cost $500.

NeyMO

Halo kiwicake, the ultrasound of OSCAR only take 10mins to measure neck fluid thickness. Blood test even faster. The total waiting time and diagnosis took me 1.5 hours. The result won't be available on the same day, probably few days. I only meet with my Gynae next Sat to discuss the result : )

Kiwicake

Hi KIwi

Errr.. my booking very fast. i booked on 14 Aug 2012 for 07 Sep 2012.

Hmm.. all of your gyane advise to do OSCAR after week 11... but mine is only week 9.. i ve to do the scan...
Hi Smilem,

Did you ask your gynae the reason for checking so early? Accordingly to my gynae, it is better to scan after week 11 as the baby is more developed so easier to detect any problem.

smilem

NeyMo

Mine is in Thomson Medicial Centre, how about yours? OSCAR + 20weeks detailed scanning = $500 that much cheaper than mine..
20 weeks package still excluded.. just OSCAR = $400++
Each time see gynae cost $170 - $200++

NeyMO

NeyMo

Mine is in Thomson Medicial Centre, how about yours? OSCAR + 20weeks detailed scanning = $500 that much cheaper than mine..
20 weeks package still excluded.. just OSCAR = $400++
Each time see gynae cost $170 - $200++
Mine also at Thomson Medical Centre. Hmmm..... how come the prices come with sooooooo different even though at same institute? My first consultation cost me $250 but they said it will be reduced down to $100++ for follow up check up.

luckymum

Hey mummies! Yeah I'm out! Wahahaha..
Welcome all new mummies to the thread. I don't think I got UTI, but anyway the antibiotics worked!

I requested for Dr Goh during my stay in KK. She is very nice. So looks set I will change doc and go back to KK. I really love all the nurses and staffs at KK. This two days only reinforced in wanna deliver in KK again! I remember I got alot of support on breastfeeding from everyone there. So I tribute a large part of my breastfeeding success to them.

Neymo, on the whole Medela is a much more well liked brand. But they have different models. Like happyqueen shared, it's good to get a dual pump. So you pump both sides at same time. Usually pump one side the other will leak. Most prob if you get two single pump it's going to cost like a dual pump. And a dual pump can also function as a single pump. Medela is expensive. A Medela freestyle cost maybe $800, but it's really premium and reliable. Ameda lactaline can do exactly what freestyle does and at Robinson sale you can get at $250. So you choose. I choose ameda due to price.

Medela swing is cheaper, but I'm not sure on its function. Whether it can adjust suction speed and suction power. Hmmm..

Hey ,

I used medela swing previously . But got to make a few trips to service centre cos the milk flow back to the machine or machine stop moving suddenly . They allow one time change to a new machine.

Generally, it was ok . It does has a option to choose the speed. Guess that was reviewed as the best single pump quite some time ago?

Think I'm gg to get the ameda double in the coming robinson sale as what lucky mum has got.