EDD March 2013

NeyMO

Hi all! I am also around 5 weeks pregnant and just went to Thomson clinic (tampines) to do the scan. My husband prefers that I have a female gynae. So I may have to look around for another. My first consultation and scan costs $97. Super expensive. Is it normal?
Congrats Susannanation!! :001_302:

Hmm... Just share my opinion of having gynae of choice. I think the gender of gynae should not be a criteria to hinder you from choosing a good gynae. My hubby asked me if I want to ve a female gynae but I told him that I prefer a gynae who is really good at bedside and delivery experience regardless of gender. But of course, The most important thing is your hubby and yourself have to be comfortable with the gynae and trust his/her diagnosis on your pregnancy. :001_302:

My first time consultation was like cutting throat. Consultation is $150 (for first time, subsequently is $60 I think) and scanning is $60. But My hubby and I both felt that quite worth to have Dr PT as our gynae due to his professionalism. Patience to explained a list of questions that I prepared and given some suggestions based on natural way.

So it is really depends on how experience of gynae you engage for your pre-natal checking.

Hi Neymo thanks for your advise. Looks like I have to find another as he is not comfortable with guy doctors staring at the vjj. My next appointment is in two weeks. Omg.. Maybe will transfer to tiong bahru. I heard the packages are more worth it and can be paid by medisave. Did you take package up yet?

MsSaggi

Wow, $97 & $150 for first consultation is already cheap! Just sharing, my first consultation was $250++.
Subsequent is slightly cheaper..
But all in all, I'm happy with my gynae. My hubs & myself like her very much.. ;)

MsSaggi

Hi all! I am also around 5 weeks pregnant and just went to Thomson clinic (tampines) to do the scan. My husband prefers that I have a female gynae. So I may have to look around for another. My first consultation and scan costs $97. Super expensive. Is it normal?
Congrats to you ! ;D
Yeahh, I would personally prefer female gynae too.. ;)

rekha89

Hi ArDz
I am going to india for my delivery as my parents n in laws are there. So i am consulting in a clinic here with Dr.Kishan Dhakshayini. Its in city hall and for scanning i m gng to a dctr in china town. Both the dctrs are very good and friendly.

RedDevil

babyjade:671768 said:
How about prof tan hak koon in sgh? :)
Hi, I just delivered in may and my gynae is prof tan hak koon. He quite nice and will answer whatever question u have for him. He alway assured me every thing will be fine, not to.worry so much. He quite fatherly I feel

DeLphInE

Hi all

Wah I am so busy n tired nv log in...missed all threads...

$97 is cheap! My 1st was $200 den 2nd I change $190 ( scan consult pills n vits) my hubby say cheap ! Now I think I still Kenna chop?

DeLphInE

Btw my EDD change to 7 march 13, gynea say will still keep changing....faintz will always buy 4D whenever finish visit gynea lol !!

NeyMO

Hi Neymo thanks for your advise. Looks like I have to find another as he is not comfortable with guy doctors staring at the vjj. My next appointment is in two weeks. Omg.. Maybe will transfer to tiong bahru. I heard the packages are more worth it and can be paid by medisave. Did you take package up yet?
Hi Susannanation, I've checked with the nurses in Dr PT clinic, they do not offer any package like previous anymore. So in fact I've no ideas as well how huge the discrepancy between with and without package.. Anyone can advise??

NeyMO

Wow, $97 & $150 for first consultation is already cheap! Just sharing, my first consultation was $250++.
Subsequent is slightly cheaper..
But all in all, I'm happy with my gynae. My hubs & myself like her very much.. ;)
Wow...... then count me lucky for cheaper first consultation. MsSaggi, which gynae are you with now?

crucial period

Hi ms saggi , I am five weeks four days. I just can't wait till I am 12 weeks! The doctor mentioned about the first 12 weeks being crucial.

Hi daphne! No the nurse mentioned something like consultation is $90 but because they are a new clinic they only charge $50 . Plus the scan and everything it was $97. I guess both my hubby and I were just shocked cos we didn't know the market rate. Lol.

MsSaggi

Hi ms saggi , I am five weeks four days. I just can't wait till I am 12 weeks! The doctor mentioned about the first 12 weeks being crucial.
Yeaah! Thinking bout my work, makes me worry too. So much for being on light duty but still, I'm doing my normal stuffs... Haisshh..

luckymum

Hi Mummies! This is my second pregnancy. My first was with Dr Irene CHua and I made appointment to go see her tmr!

Based on the what to expect app, my EDD will be on 6 March, so I am at week 8 today! Looking forward to see baby tmr!