EDD March 2013

l0r3tTa

Teens09:747121 said:
Hi mummies... I will b delivering in 5 weeks time as doc say my baby is too small and slow at growth rate.. I am at my 32 weeks at baby weigh 1.6kg.. He might want to do c-sect to take him out when he reached his full term at 37weeks..
Hi teens09,
Just wondering what are the reasons for your gynae wanting to do c sect and have the baby out at 37weeks. Is it a medical condition that is why he is asking for c sect?
I feel that if baby is small,shouldn't your prince be in there longer to put on more weight?

PuTRi

Hi mummies! Jus a quick check. Any here hv caught bronchitis n cured? Do u seek medicine or go all natural? I jus caught em n as days goes by, my cough getting worser n hurts my head n my right side each time i cough. My gynea only gv me lozenges for the throat irritations. I wonder if any of u experience tis n recovered. A collegue of mine said there r cough med for preg woman... So im not so sure. Throat burns!!! :(

Meijichoc

Hi mummies! Jus a quick check. Any here hv caught bronchitis n cured? Do u seek medicine or go all natural? I jus caught em n as days goes by, my cough getting worser n hurts my head n my right side each time i cough. My gynea only gv me lozenges for the throat irritations. I wonder if any of u experience tis n recovered. A collegue of mine said there r cough med for preg woman... So im not so sure. Throat burns!!! :(
I did not get bronchitis but pneumonia and was coughing badly during that time too. Doc did prescribe me cough med (those black liquid) which seems like those I eaten before pregnancy. I also double checked with the doc that they v sure that it is safe and she said yes it belongs to cat B which my gynae also say its fine.i went poly clinic and they also gave me cough syrup(red liquid) but told me to take only when necessary and I kinda felt a bit wary but the doc who attended to me is a go and she said she herself took those med and is safe. This is for my case la u better check with your doc.

As for lozenges I was given those v mild orange tablet lozenges which I hated. I asked the lady doc if ok to eat strepsils cos I used to eating black currant but she said no as they contain some antibiotic or something. If I wan just take honey lemon. But in the end I just took the hacks (red wrapper) black one which I usually don't take cos the taste was too strong but at least it soothe me as I was hesitant against strepsils. But again u better check with your doc.

Get well soon!!!

Teens09

Hi teens09,
Just wondering what are the reasons for your gynae wanting to do c sect and have the baby out at 37weeks. Is it a medical condition that is why he is asking for c sect?
I feel that if baby is small,shouldn't your prince be in there longer to put on more weight?
there were many worries from the doc, he said that to bring the baby out earlier at full term he can enjoy milk outside instead of expriencing a slow growth rate inside my womb.. For c-sect is becos he is afraid that i hav no energy to push him out and since he is small size, there might b chances of him getting insufficient oxygen and posed a risk to him..

delivering at Mount A

What he has explained is that he might need to queue at the Carpark gantry there cos cars might stuck in the cAr park.

Not sure if doc has priority for the car park.

I feel he is encouraging me to go TmC instead for convenient sake.

veryberry

Hi veryberry,
It depends very much on your family. Cos for us,my first son has an English name with no han yu pin yin of his Chinese name.
Christian names are more likely when they are older and decides to be baptized as Christian,they can choose to add in a Christian name as middle name.

We are the parents of the child,so don't worry about him/her blaming you for his/her names.

:)
Yup...think I worry too much...
We hope she will like the her name, since this is the first gift that we will give her :)

NeSSa

sorry to intrude...wondering anyone need to get 2nd hand stroller...i bought mine at kiddy palace for $199 about Oct 2012...selling it at $130..

Pls WA at 90238609 if interested...self collect in b.batok :)

mamasesame

Re: delivering at Mount A

What he has explained is that he might need to queue at the Carpark gantry there cos cars might stuck in the cAr park.

Not sure if doc has priority for the car park.

I feel he is encouraging me to go Thomson Medical Center instead for convenient sake.

i go for check-up at Mt A. from what i observe, Mt A has got priority for doc's parking.

usually carpark/valet will be filled up by 9.15am, then there will be security standing at the entrance redirecting your car to the macritchie carpark. your hubby can however drop you off first at mt a drop off point, then proceed to the macritchie carpark and shuttle bus to the hospital. that's what happened to me and hubby a few times.

if you go before 9am, or between 12pm to 12.30pm, there will be valet.

veryberry

I just finished my 32 weeks checkup on this morning, everything are all right and my baby girl is 1.9kg now :)
Have mummies bought breast pump already? Can share to me, what brand and which model that you bought?? how much does you bought??

mamasesame

i have not bought cos i'm afraid i'm unable to breastfeed in the end. but i have been looking at the pumps and interested in getting a medela freestyle. cos its lightweight (2kg i believe, the avent one is 1kg more). 2 pumps - i hope can be more efficient? but some mummies told me in the end you only pump one at a time... so... not sure if this duo pumps is useful. though the avent one has got some cushy silicone pads on the pumps, i still think will go for medela. maybe bought over by the brand. hehe. :)

Apr gal

I just finished my 32 weeks checkup on this morning, everything are all right and my baby girl is 1.9kg now :)
Have mummies bought breast pump already? Can share to me, what brand and which model that you bought?? how much does you bought??
Hi Veryberry, can share wif me how many kg hv u gained so far. R u of small built up? I'm quite worried if my bb ger is too heavy at 2.35 during w33 check up. I gained 13-15kg so far.

For breast pump, depends which type u gg after-manual, electric single or electric double. Some ppl say manual is good n fast. But I feel tat us if yr milk prod is high. And some would prefer electric double due to it's convenience n time saving. For myself I bought medela swing which is electric single as I was afraid tat it will b a waste if I hv no milk n wasted money on it. Medela swing is selling at $299 currently but I bought it from US which costs me bout SGD 175 but I will nd a converter n no warranty to it.

Medela freestyle at $699 n new medela swing maxi (which is also double electric) at $599. some would recommend Ameda which is cheaper at around $380 for double electric n based on closed system. However u will nd to find out if sate parts are easily available in SG. Of course u can try spree which is cheaper than market price but wif no warranty.

If u r afraid of no milk mayb u can try to Standby manual one n only buy d one u wish once confirm milk prod is there. But most mummies will tell u there is no such thing as no milk as there will b but depends on yr preserverance. U will nd to cobsider which is more suitable to meet yr nd. Good luck!!!

Ryca

I jus got medela PISA...heard from other mummies that the suction is better compared to other brands.. i think the duo pump is useful in terms of saving time.. if u need like 20-30 mins to pump one breast den by the time u fin pumping both tat wil be like an hr?

MsSaggi

I've gotten myself the medela freestyle.
Heard that its lightweight & good for working mums who intend to pump when she goes back to work.. which I definitely intend to.. ;)
Talking bout breast pump, wish to ask if anyone can recommend a good & most importantly comfortable nursing bra. I've yet to buy any yet.

veryberry

Hi Veryberry, can share wif me how many kg hv u gained so far. R u of small built up? I'm quite worried if my bb ger is too heavy at 2.35 during w33 check up. I gained 13-15kg so far.

For breast pump, depends which type u gg after-manual, electric single or electric double. Some ppl say manual is good n fast. But I feel tat us if yr milk prod is high. And some would prefer electric double due to it's convenience n time saving. For myself I bought medela swing which is electric single as I was afraid tat it will b a waste if I hv no milk n wasted money on it. Medela swing is selling at $299 currently but I bought it from US which costs me bout SGD 175 but I will nd a converter n no warranty to it.

Medela freestyle at $699 n new medela swing maxi (which is also double electric) at $599. some would recommend Ameda which is cheaper at around $380 for double electric n based on closed system. However u will nd to find out if sate parts are easily available in SG. Of course u can try spree which is cheaper than market price but wif no warranty.

If u r afraid of no milk mayb u can try to Standby manual one n only buy d one u wish once confirm milk prod is there. But most mummies will tell u there is no such thing as no milk as there will b but depends on yr preserverance. U will nd to cobsider which is more suitable to meet yr nd. Good luck!!!
Hi Apr gal, I'm gained 12kg until now. I'm not a small built up, I'm quite fat actually...:p
No need to worry...I think u bb gal's weight is ok...How about ur gynae said of the weight of ur bb gal??
If the gynae don't mentioned anythings, it should be all right. Is this ur first child??

thanks for all information...
I'm thinking to buy Medela Swing single electric pump...
Coz I'm not sure I can produce milk or not? If buy double pump if no milk production then it will be wasted.
My thinking is if I can produce more milk then I will buy one more Medela swing. If either one was breakdown, I still hv one for standby.
haha...I think I really kiasu...:p
For all of u information, Medela will have a roadshow at KKH on 26/1/13 from 10.30am to 1pm.

iNalixious

Hi there! I bought ARDO Calypso Single Electric Breast pump. Its price $338 & has been my best friend since cause my DD has trouble latching as I have short nipples. Its really gentle & silent. Hope it helps

PrincessCC

Hi All,

I just went for my 32 weeks check up. I lost 1 kg from the last visit (29 weeks), but my baby gained 1 kg. Now she measures at 2 kg and I put on about 9kg from my pre-pregnancy weight in total.

As for the breast pumps, I will buy upon my delivery and discharge from hospital. For Mount Alvernia Hospital, they will rent out their breast pump at $20 during your stay. So no need to worry. Went for the MAH Maternity tour, the place looks peaceful and good - the best part is it is more affordable than the rest of the hospitals.

iNalixious

Hi PrincessCC! I delivered my DD at Mount A. Yes the place is peaceful & so far their service is good too! I stayed in their single room. It pretty much felt like a hotel than a hospital haha.