EDD March 2013

luckymum

Nyukmook for Braxton hicks are practice contractions.. For me it can last like 3-5min and tummy feels really tight. Like its going to explode. But after that its stops.

When I was in labour for number one, it started with mild contractions that is like menses( my menses don't hurt much) but regular, like one and off after every few minutes. Then it progressed to tightening and cramps like and felt like I really need to poo poo. Really need to push. By this time already 8cm le.

Of course every preg is diff, just give you a reference.. Hehehe..

phycyj

Hi nyukmooy,

Braxton hicks feels like your entire tummy tightens, it feels hard when you touch. But it last less than 30seconds. And it happens like a few times in a day only.. It occurs not necessarily when baby is moving.
I'm not sure if what I'm feeling are Braxton hicks or simply baby's kicks. Hmm..
I have a light growth of yeast and gynae said it might lead to thrush in the baby. He didn't give me any meds though.
Wondering if anybody has that too? Or is there anything I can do?

nyukmooy

Nyukmook for Braxton hicks are practice contractions.. For me it can last like 3-5min and tummy feels really tight. Like its going to explode. But after that its stops.

When I was in labour for number one, it started with mild contractions that is like menses( my menses don't hurt much) but regular, like one and off after every few minutes. Then it progressed to tightening and cramps like and felt like I really need to poo poo. Really need to push. By this time already 8cm le.

Of course every preg is diff, just give you a reference.. Hehehe..
Thank you for sharing, luckymum mummy
You are right, fee like going to explode...feel breathless also. My whole tummy very tighten...can not breath like that..now
For labour pain, i heard a lot of people said the pain is like menses pain. I can not imaging how much the labour pain level. Last time, I have menses clamp till i can not stand up and vomit. The pain made me curb up on floor.

mamasesame

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling are Braxton hicks or simply baby's kicks. Hmm..
I have a light growth of yeast and gynae said it might lead to thrush in the baby. He didn't give me any meds though.
i have the yeast infection too. and doc didn't give me meds as well. will be checking with gynae tmr when i go for check up tmr. keep u posted!

i went for my 37w scan today. baby is 2.9kg. Gynae sent me to do a CTG scan as i informed her baby's movements yesterday reduced. during the scan, i had minor contractions. didn't feel it though, wouldn't have known if not bcos of the CTG. gynae said i'm not dilating. so have to go back for round 2 CTG scan tomorrow morning again. hope all is fine.

want to check with mummies if anybody bought the girdle for tummy, to wear after birth? are we supposed to do that? what brand is good?

cagnes

Im having the yeast as well :( it's so itchy and have to clean and wash private area so often esp after going toilet

NeyMO

Luckymum, how many weeks are u now? Why your Gynae check the dilation - is it because you told him any pre-labour symptom?

I'll be seeing my doctor this Sat for my 38 weeks so I'm wondering if he will check mine or do CTG scan...

NeyMO

Yup, mummies. I also feel that my tummy wanna to explore sometimes. Tooooooo tight till like hard rock. But it will become softer after that. .. Is this called Braxton hicks?

NeyMO

Mamasessme and Cagnes,

I also got yeast infection during my pregnancy but Gynae said it is very normal and he prescribed me pessary to reduce the pH of vagina. He also advised that to reduce the carbo food as yeast like sugar. Anyway he said the infection won't harm bb. However the strep b infection is much more serious to the bb and it must be taking care of.

cagnes

I shall ask my gynae on my next visit.. It's so bad that I can't sleep due to the itch
The day is getting nearer!! Hubby and me are so excited in welcoming our little one .. Hehe :p

mhjt

Hey mommies, just to update you all too.

I just have birth today. Valentine baby boy! Haha. Natural delivery with gas.

I won't deny it hurts, but true to friends who have told me, worth every push.

Had early labour on 11th, got admitted and was dilated 3 cm. I was sent home because no progress and I was happily sitting in the room. Haha.

This morning, water broke at 630am, showered, left to SGH and was already dilated 4-5cm. Admitted to labour ward, started pushing at 930am. Delivered at 1130am. :)

Good luck to the rest of the mommies!!!

NeyMO

Congratz, Mhjt!! Another brave mummy without epidural!!

Seem like everyone in this forum pro to ve natural delivery without drug!

Wishing you have a good confinement!! : )

smilem

The shoot is fun n fast as Ashley v experience. Back drop = black / white / pink. Most time wear tub.
Tot of after photography go river angbao to take pic, but whole day raining :(. Wasted my make up.

QUOTE=Ryca;758154]How was ur shoot today? Mine is tomorrow hehe[/QUOTE]

smilem

Congrats MHJT. :).

Had early labour on 11th, got admitted and was dilated 3 cm. I was sent home because no progress and I was happily sitting in the room. Haha.

This morning, water broke at 630am, showered, left to SGH and was already dilated 4-5cm. Admitted to labour ward, started pushing at 930am. Delivered at 1130am. :)

Apr gal

Congrats mhjt!!! U hv a very smooth delivery!!! Really envy...can share y u admitted on 11th? I had such a bad cramp on 13th nite, tot I would b admitted to hospital d same nite n had a valentine bb too but I tried to sleep n get over d pain.

Apr gal

Hi Neymo,
Decide on the type of pain relief methods early. Cos when the contractions come so frequently and intensely, I'm not sure how you will be able to keep still for the Dr to jab epidural. You can put the pain relief methods in order such as gas mask first, then if no effect, then use the pethidine jab on the thigh, then lastly epidural. Or it can be when you admit hospital, first thing u get done is the epidural.

Depends on you.

Jia you!!
Hi Loretta, can I no when is d latest to decide if taking epidural a not? I agree wif u tat we would b diff to maintain a still position for epidural when d pain comes. I tot of testing my pain level b4 having d epi. N wats d difference wif pethidine? Can d gas mask helps?

Apr gal

Hi mummies, I hv been having real bad stomach cramp lately. Not sure if its BH cos mine is like menses pain tat can last few hrs! Add in wif back pain. It's like my normal menses pain x 50x!!!! Is tis BH?

Meijichoc

Congrats mhjt!! Wow really admire u and lor3tta for giving birth without epi! Such strong mummies!!

Can I just ask did u have an episiotomy ? I am still confused if its better to have that or tearing... What bout other mummies? Are u considering episiotomy?