EDD March 2013

nyukmooy

Im having the yeast as well :( it's so itchy and have to clean and wash private area so often esp after going toilet
Hi Cagnes mummy and phycyj mummy
In second trimester, I was having a lot of discharge made my private area very painful and itchy. After that, I use water to wash every time i go to toilet. Hygiene is very importance. Now, i have no more such problem. Just for sharing..

nyukmooy

Hey mommies, just to update you all too.

I just have birth today. Valentine baby boy! Haha. Natural delivery with gas.

I won't deny it hurts, but true to friends who have told me, worth every push.

Had early labour on 11th, got admitted and was dilated 3 cm. I was sent home because no progress and I was happily sitting in the room. Haha.

This morning, water broke at 630am, showered, left to SGH and was already dilated 4-5cm. Admitted to labour ward, started pushing at 930am. Delivered at 1130am. :)

Good luck to the rest of the mommies!!!
Congratulation, Mhjt mummy!!
I'm so envy you and another mummy. Finally, both of you have gone through final stage and see your little one.

Now, I having mixure feeling exciting and worry. A bit worry about the labour pain. :(

nyukmooy

Hi Loretta, can I no when is d latest to decide if taking epidural a not? I agree wif u tat we would b diff to maintain a still position for epidural when d pain comes. I tot of testing my pain level b4 having d epi. N wats d difference wif pethidine? Can d gas mask helps?
Hi Apr gal mummy
Just for sharing. Based on childbirth education classes, the consultant told us that when cervic dilated 5cm, we need to decide whether we should taking any epidural.
once cervic dilated more than 5cm, it might not help you a lot because epidural take times to take effect. There will be good if you can decide before your cervic dilated more than 5cm.

Happymummy1994

Hi Pinkyinbaby,
The medisave of $450 meant that we can claim up to $450 from medisave for our gynae fees. We need to bring all the receipts when we admit to hospital on the actual day.
Hello! Just want to check with you, I decided to give birth on Mount Alvernia. And I read about the $450 thingy. What shall we do if the clinic I usually went to didnt provide me with any receipts.

l0r3tTa

autumnfall:759473 said:
Thanks lor3tTa for sharing so many valuable insights and tips... do hope I can go thru labor without epi too...

Any mums breastfeeding? How long do we have to wait for the milk supply to come? I heard that everyone will have, dont knw how true is that... and if it doesnt come right after, do you feed baby with infant milk? I hope to be able to latch for the first few days as I havent buy pump yet... scared no milk lol
I'm sure you can do it! (",)

I'm breastfeeding. I latch on right from the start,my milk came in on day 3. When I say came in,means I can visibly squeeze the milk out and can see it. The first few days, u will feel tt ur breast is getting full which means the milk is coming. The nurses at Mt Alvernia do not recommend pumping as it might hinder the milk production,they always encourage mummies to latch on and they will guide us when we are staying there.
I only used my pump on day 6 as the baby needs to be admitted for the jaundice treatment hence need to pump milk out for them to feed. I opt for syringe feed to avoid any chances of nipple confusion.

l0r3tTa

nyukmooy:759508 said:
Hey mommies, just to update you all too.

I just have birth today. Valentine baby boy! Haha. Natural delivery with gas.

I won't deny it hurts, but true to friends who have told me, worth every push.

Had early labour on 11th, got admitted and was dilated 3 cm. I was sent home because no progress and I was happily sitting in the room. Haha.

This morning, water broke at 630am, showered, left to SGH and was already dilated 4-5cm. Admitted to labour ward, started pushing at 930am. Delivered at 1130am. :)

Good luck to the rest of the mommies!!!
Congratulation, Mhjt mummy!!
I'm so envy you and another mummy. Finally, both of you have gone through final stage and see your little one.

Now, I having mixure feeling exciting and worry. A bit worry about the labour pain. :(
Hi nyukmooy, cheer up..
Don't worry too much babe...enjoy the process. When u worry, you will produce more stress hormones..more stress hormones means less oxytocin hormones (relax hormones) , hence more pain..so cheer up, look on the bright side..u will see baby soon..and ur baby is working hand in hand with you to come out and meet u..

Thats gd cuz Im staying at Mt Alvernia... hopefully the nurses can guide me.on how to latch on... I read that can latch within an hr after birth... hope I can do it!!! Jus need to inform the nurses in adv right...

l0r3tTa

Happymummy1994:759511 said:
Hi Pinkyinbaby,
The medisave of $450 meant that we can claim up to $450 from medisave for our gynae fees. We need to bring all the receipts when we admit to hospital on the actual day.
Hello! Just want to check with you, I decided to give birth on Mount Alvernia. And I read about the $450 thingy. What shall we do if the clinic I usually went to didnt provide me with any receipts.
Hi happymummy1994,

Ask them for your receipts. They should have records of your visits to their clinic.

nyukmooy

Me too. Still driving till now (38weeks) : ) think is easier for me to go everywhere by driving instead of taking other transport.

Just had my 38 weeks Gynae visit this morning. My lit precious already 3.43kg with the head engaged already. Hearbeat 143bpm. I told Gynae I have been having menses cramp since 2 days ago and he said it is normal to approach the labour day.

Two mummies had given birth!! And soooo exciting for the rest of us waiting for our lit precious to come out soon!!!

Jia You!!!
Hi Neymo mummy
You will be giving birth very soon. Your little one has already hit 38 weeks. My little one is already hit 37 weeks by next Tuesday. I having numbness/pain feeling at my private place on and off sometime till I could not sleep well. I have no idea my little one will come out early or stay in my tummy till 40 weeks. I will be seeing my gynae next Tuesday.

l0r3tTa

autumnfall:759516 said:
Thats gd cuz Im staying at Mt Alvernia... hopefully the nurses can guide me.on how to latch on... I read that can latch within an hr after birth... hope I can do it!!! Jus need to inform the nurses in adv right...
They are very pro-breastfeeding. They will ask even if you didn't inform. Right after all is cleaned and before they push u to the ward, you can latch baby right away in the delivery suite,provided you are not too tired or drowsy. For my case,I was too drowsy that I only managed to latch baby and hold baby after 2hrs. I actually felt bad,and had to fight myself out of the semi-conscious state to make it a point to latch baby. Hee..that's me.

Happymummy1994

Hi happymummy1994,

Ask them for your receipts. They should have records of your visits to their clinic.
Unless I provide the nurse my receipts, otherwise they won't deduct the $450 or...?
Just want to check, I'm now 36 weeks and 2 days. Will there be any changes on tummy? Because last night when i sleep, I make some movement and my leg suddenly cramp for less than 2 min. Any thing I have to take note?

nyukmooy

Hi nyukmooy, cheer up..
Don't worry too much babe...enjoy the process. When u worry, you will produce more stress hormones..more stress hormones means less oxytocin hormones (relax hormones) , hence more pain..so cheer up, look on the bright side..u will see baby soon..and ur baby is working hand in hand with you to come out and meet u..
Hi Ior3tTa mummy
Thank you for your encouragement. :) I hope have a smooth delivery like you.

Apr gal

Apr gal:759382 said:
Hi Loretta, thanks for d advice. I'm trying hard to time my contraction but each time there seems to b no ending to d pain which can last few hrs. N d pain can actually make me lost 'consciousness' to actually time it. So I'm a little worried when d real signal comes!
Hi Apr gal, try to focus on breathing when u get the pain. Few hrs, too long le ba...
Haha...ya mayb was too painful tat I din notice there was actually a break? :)

phycyj

Hi Cagnes mummy and phycyj mummy
In second trimester, I was having a lot of discharge made my private area very painful and itchy. After that, I use water to wash every time i go to toilet. Hygiene is very importance. Now, i have no more such problem. Just for sharing..
Thanks nyukmooy! Yes I think it is a hygiene issue. I use panty liner all day because of the discharge. I think that could be the cause of the yeast.. I shall wash every time I go to the toilet now.

Hi Loretta, before your milk came in on Day 3, your baby only fed on colostrum? Is that enough?
I also intend to deliver at Mt A, and the nurses told me that after 9pm, I have to 'return' my baby to the infant room. Can I still breastfeed even though she is staying in the infant room?
Thanks for answering so many of our questions!! :p

PuTRi

Felt so excited hearing the delivery experience of mjht & nyukmook. Good Job u gals hv pull tru the process!
Reading wat is BH also help me to understand as my stomach tends to harden like a rock sometimes. Although baby kiks n punch are so much more intense nowdays... i felt like "STOP KICKING N GET OUT OF ME FASTER!" Hahaha... Kinda annoyed being unable to sleep comfortably wt the non-stop movements. N i m also experiencing discomfort like a very heavy weight at my hips wen i tried to shift positions to turn while asleep. Im only at my 34th week yet i felt so "heavy" wt breathless, heartburns, left side pains. At times, i hv to 'carry' my tummy wen i felt the pressure. Im walking more like a penguin as i get blisters between my thigh due to the fats rubbing. :( i hv yeast infection like once a mth truout... Last nite, my left side felt pain so much - i tot the time is near... Sleepless nites... Sorry i complain sooo much. Its not been easy for me since i knw i was preg...

I am so excited for the baby too! Am 35 weeks and have constant period pain like cramps every night. I walk clumsily and also have heartburn. Love the movements in my tummy although it can get rather uncomfortable at times. Still packing my hospital bag. 5 weeks to go!

l0r3tTa

phycyj:759560 said:
Hi Loretta, before your milk came in on Day 3, your baby only fed on colostrum? Is that enough?
I also intend to deliver at Mt A, and the nurses told me that after 9pm, I have to 'return' my baby to the infant room. Can I still breastfeed even though she is staying in the infant room?
Thanks for answering so many of our questions!! :p
Hi phycyj, no worries at all, I'm more than happy to share what I know :)
It is sufficient for baby to just have the colostrum. The baby will be pushed to your bed every 3 hours for feeding. So dont worry about baby having to be back in the nursery.

Aside from tt, for the yeast infection, I use panty liner as well and have to change each time we go toilet. My gynae also recommended a feminine wash, TS6 Lady Health.

cagnes

Putri,

Agree with u..Had been having so much discomfort since being pregnant..felt like crying at times when im alone,we r left with the last few weeks, we have made it this far,i hv been telling myself to hang on there, I will see my precious very soon. U too hang on ok? ;)

NeyMO

Mummies, yup, we ll be seeing our lit precious soon - a few more weeks!!

I think I ll miss the feeling of bb inside womb once he comes out!! The feeling of having him to have the movements (kicking, punching etc) feel so amazing... Haha..

NB Diapers to let go.

Dear MTB,

I have some newborn diapers to let go.

GOO.N supreme diapers NB58.
- 1 pack unopened @ $15.
- 1 opened pack left with 45pcs @ $10.
Get both together at $20.

MERRIES diapers NB60.
- 3 packs available, 1 pack at $16 (+2pcs free).
Get 3 packs together at $45 (+8pcs free).

MAMY POKO NB52
- 1 pack available @ $14.

SELF COLLECTION ONLY at Jurong West St 64 (near Jurong point)

Interested parties please PM me for fast deal! :)

Last edited: