EDD March 2013

Hi Apr gal,

Due to I think my doc convenient sake, he wants me to induce if I choose to deliver at Mount A. The reason is that the Reno makes the cars queue at the gantry so he scare he is not in time for my delivery. I'm also considering this option so I'm better prepared to place n settle my first kid at my mum place. He is very sticky to me and I dunknow how to settle him when he cannot see me for a few days.

For my first exp,I m inserted the pill to dilate the cervix around 3isg noon. I have no symptoms at all that time and doc feel I should induce cos baby movements is quite minimal. Was gg to 40 weeks at that time.

Then 8ish pm I went to the delivery ward where my Gynae checked me n broke my water bag. The pain kicks in soon around 9-10 ish . I thought I can do it without Epi but I'm screaming for help haha! Ask my hub to faster get in the epiduralist. But that guy took so long to come in. Think I has Epi around 11ish night. Then I'm able to sleep n rest until morning 6ish am. My bb delivered around that times
I would say is a long process for induce . So better prepare to think if u need Epi a not before u induce.

All the best for your delivery!

hi Purpleliciousmummy, doc nd to do an exam down under to c if u r dilated. Else he won't b able to tell. N pls tell him d pain or anything u encounter.
sure i will.. but i only get to see him next week at my 37 weeks..

my baby is already 2.5kg at 35 weeks and my cousin-in-law said my baby will reach more than 3kg if i were to due in 37 or 38 weeks..
i really do hope my baby can hit the 3kg mark.. makes me feel safer that baby is in good shape.. but of cuz not too big that i have to do c-sec.. cuz i really wanna have natural birth..

Apr gal

Hi Apr gal,

Due to I think my doc convenient sake, he wants me to induce if I choose to deliver at Mount A. The reason is that the Reno makes the cars queue at the gantry so he scare he is not in time for my delivery. I'm also considering this option so I'm better prepared to place n settle my first kid at my mum place. He is very sticky to me and I dunknow how to settle him when he cannot see me for a few days.

For my first exp,I m inserted the pill to dilate the cervix around 3isg noon. I have no symptoms at all that time and doc feel I should induce cos baby movements is quite minimal. Was gg to 40 weeks at that time.

Then 8ish pm I went to the delivery ward where my Gynae checked me n broke my water bag. The pain kicks in soon around 9-10 ish . I thought I can do it without Epi but I'm screaming for help haha! Ask my hub to faster get in the epiduralist. But that guy took so long to come in. Think I has Epi around 11ish night. Then I'm able to sleep n rest until morning 6ish am. My baby delivered around that times
I would say is a long process for induce . So better prepare to think if you need Epi a not before you induce.

All the best for your delivery!
Wow 12hrs!!! Gynae did ask me to prepare 12-18hrs since its first delivery. I'm so scared for natural n induction so I'm opting c sec. But I still wish to keep my option open in case....

Apr gal

Juz called my CL to inform her of my delivery next mon so she can get ready. She sounded so cool (previously was ok one) n said I made her lost one mth biz cos now she can't accept another case in Mac. B4 cny keep calling me and ask me induce in w37. I was like y shd I go induce out of nothing at w37??? Then a week later she call to ask if I delivered then she say she got another case in Mac but she din accept cos d accepted my deposit n she will keep to her promise n dun wan spoil her own name. At first I tot she so good n juz wanna earn d extra $1k during cny n she say she bored at home. Then today sound cool n blame me. Dun she no tat as CL she can't possibly work full 12mth? By rite shd give allowance in between each case? Now I'm scared tat when she comes she will still show her temper or dun do things properly. Anyone got such exp to share n wat shd I precaution? Izzit wise to look for std by CL? N usually CL will come on d day I discharge or next day?

Ryca

Apr gal:761661 said:
Juz called my CL to inform her of my delivery next mon so she can get ready. She sounded so cool (previously was ok one) n said I made her lost one mth biz cos now she can't accept another case in Mac. B4 cny keep calling me and ask me induce in w37. I was like y shd I go induce out of nothing at w37??? Then a week later she call to ask if I delivered then she say she got another case in Mac but she din accept cos d accepted my deposit n she will keep to her promise n dun wan spoil her own name. At first I tot she so good n juz wanna earn d extra $1k during cny n she say she bored at home. Then today sound cool n blame me. Dun she no tat as CL she can't possibly work full 12mth? By rite shd give allowance in between each case? Now I'm scared tat when she comes she will still show her temper or dun do things properly. Anyone got such exp to share n wat shd I precaution? Izzit wise to look for std by CL? N usually CL will come on d day I discharge or next day?
Besides her, do u know any other CL? Any of ur family members staying with u during ur confinement?

Wah Apr Gal sorry to hear about your confinement lady. She sounds pushy. Hope things work out.

nyukmooy

Hi April
Sound not good of your confinement lady. In this case, you should have back up confinement lady or check someone can help. Why I say that, in case she is not pro enough or show temper then you can just ask her to leave. You have no worry becuase you have someone to help you.

One of my friend's confinement lady did not turn up when she delivered her baby. End up, my friend needs to search another confinment lady within few days. The reason given was she still with another employer. This is very rediculous reason. This thing can not be happen, as a confinement lady she should plan and give one or two month gap before she accepts another job. Just for sharing. Although not happen to me, but i feel angry for my friend.

cupid00

Hi everybody,

I'm new in this thread. Will be having little princess at TMC. EDD on 10 March 2013.
Just went for checkup today. Will be having a big baby. Her estimated weight is already 3.6kg at 37wk 5days and worse still, baby still not engage yet. Not much sign of contraction also. Am wondering whether there is anyway to make the baby engage or trigger contraction as I am very worried that baby will be over 4kg at birth. Thinking of going for nature but if really over 4kg might have difficulty. Any advice?

Apr gal

Hi Ryca/Susannanation/nyukmooy, thanks for yr concern n advice. Told my hubby maybe he nd to call her up later to ask d date for her Mac assignment, if can we will release her earlier rather than she simply do her job here. Or I will nd to call those CLs I called b4 to c their availability. I think tats my solution for d time being or worst case is look from those agency.

If I release my CL earlier really not worth at my side cos I still nd to give her 2 angpows n during d first 2weeks she dun really nd to cook a lot tonics cos I won't be able to consume yetl. N my later weeks I will really nd to find good one to take care me. But no choice rather than to hv someone unhappy working for u... I wonder if she really din accepted d job or she d had n dunno wat to do now? Juz crossed my mind. I will let my hubby handle her cos I dun wan to say silly things out of anger n end up regret.

Hi April
Sound not good of your confinement lady. In this case, you should have back up confinement lady or check someone can help. Why I say that, in case she is not pro enough or show temper then you can just ask her to leave. You have no worry becuase you have someone to help you.

One of my friend's confinement lady did not turn up when she delivered her baby. End up, my friend needs to search another confinment lady within few days. The reason given was she still with another employer. This is very rediculous reason. This thing can not be happen, as a confinement lady she should plan and give one or two month gap before she accepts another job. Just for sharing. Although not happen to me, but i feel angry for my friend.

nyukmooy

Hi everybody,

I'm new in this thread. Will be having little princess at TMC. EDD on 10 March 2013.
Just went for checkup today. Will be having a big baby. Her estimated weight is already 3.6kg at 37wk 5days and worse still, baby still not engage yet. Not much sign of contraction also. Am wondering whether there is anyway to make the baby engage or trigger contraction as I am very worried that baby will be over 4kg at birth. Thinking of going for nature but if really over 4kg might have difficulty. Any advice?
Hi cuppid mummy
For your case, is good to get advice from your gynae. Your baby is big.

Hi Cupid!! Welcome! Wow your baby is big. But I am pretty sure your gynae will speak to you about your options, if not, remember to ask for his/her advice so you will stop worrying.
Hi everybody,

cupid00

Hi cuppid mummy
For your case, is good to get advice from your gynae. Your baby is big.
I asked my gynae since two weeks ago but everytime she tell me to wait another week and see how. Today I asked her should I do some jumping exercise to help baby engage lol but she said not to do so.

Hi Ryca/Susannanation/nyukmooy, thanks for yr concern n advice. Told my hubby maybe he nd to call her up later to ask d date for her Mac assignment, if can we will release her earlier rather than she simply do her job here. Or I will nd to call those CLs I called b4 to c their availability. I think tats my solution for d time being or worst case is look from those agency.

If I release my CL earlier really not worth at my side cos I still nd to give her 2 angpows n during d first 2weeks she dun really nd to cook a lot tonics cos I won't be able to consume yetl. N my later weeks I will really nd to find good one to take care me. But no choice rather than to hv someone unhappy working for u... I wonder if she really din accepted d job or she d had n dunno wat to do now? Juz crossed my mind. I will let my hubby handle her cos I dun wan to say silly things out of anger n end up regret.
Apri gal, better to get a new cl.. cuz u have to bear with her for a mth... my cl quoted me 2.3k and asks me to feed my baby infant powder cuz she says if milk is not enuf, baby will be very hungry and its harder for them to fall asleep and I immediately tell her I dont want her service lol... I think getting the right person is important, if not u will be super pissed off the whole mth....

cupid00

Hi Cupid!! Welcome! Wow your baby is big. But I am pretty sure your gynae will speak to you about your options, if not, remember to ask for his/her advice so you will stop worrying.
My gynae said if really over 4kg have to c-sect liao. In the meantime cut down carbo intake. But no matter how my diet, baby still growing at constant rate. Haiz

Apr gal

Hi thanks for yr advice. My hubby juz called her up n they seem ok talk but my hubby oso commented she is very small gas, seems to even dig back past past history n told my hubby we caused her list d cny 1k too cos I din deliver earlier! I think tis CL is 'superb' too $$$ face!!!!

I agree wif u nowadays all d CL seems to wan everything to their convenience. I heard a lot of them eager to feed bb wif FM n give excuse bb not enuf breast milk to drink.

Apri gal, better to get a new cl.. cuz u have to bear with her for a mth... my cl quoted me 2.3k and asks me to feed my baby infant powder cuz she says if milk is not enuf, baby will be very hungry and its harder for them to fall asleep and I immediately tell her I dont want her service lol... I think getting the right person is important, if not u will be super pissed off the whole mth....

Ryca

Yeah I think u should get a new cl too...dun stress urself during confinement with grouchy cl.. most of the cl nowdays only want the easy way out..like feeding baby wit formula milk.. hard to find a trustworthy one.. I wish I could help u

Yes when I hear the confinement lady saying that I need to feed my baby with formula so that they slp better, I was immediately disappointed and upset... u see, even before they come over to help u they are aldy not supportive of full breastfeeding, I dont wan my cl to come and tell me my breastmilk not enuf and keep pressurizing me to let baby drink formula milk... I hire them to teach me how to latch on and if they cannot deliver what they promise, it will jus be a complete waste of money...

Ryca

I told my cl firmly tat I wan to total breast feed my baby. Luckily my mom is ard to help out and she supports breast feeding too. Some of the stuff my cl also told my mom no need to do like bathing bb with 'yellow nuts' to prevent jaundice but my mom insisted, so the cl got no choice hahaha, I heard from my fren, her coll's cl drank all the nourishes soup and ate all the ingredients den dilute it with water before gvg it to her coll..den the mother caught her doin tat and terminated the cl immediately..