EDD May 2011

whomovedmycheese

Wow really alot, that's close to 2 liter per day! Time 4 u to pump now, still viewing thread hehe..
Just now I thought my meeting will finish at 12, so I kay kiang go and pump at 9 plus. Then the next time I pumped was at 2 plus. So now probably wait till I go back home. But now feels full already.

bbanna

Just now I thought my meeting will finish at 12, so I kay kiang go and pump at 9 plus. Then the next time I pumped was at 2 plus. So now probably wait till I go back home. But now feels full already.
Icic..so u transport milk+ breast pump everyday from office to home? Initially I think will leave the pump in office.
Your girl still drink abt 120 every 3 hours? My girl only drink abt 100-120 twice today. it is about every 4 hours feeding, but each feeding can last more than 1.5 hrs. She still doesn't like bottle, but luckily no more scare and scream already .

whomovedmycheese

Icic..so u transport milk+ breast pump everyday from office to home? Initially I think will leave the pump in office.
Your girl still drink abt 120 every 3 hours? My girl only drink abt 100-120 twice today. it is about every 4 hours feeding, but each feeding can last more than 1.5 hrs. She still doesn't like bottle, but luckily no more scare and scream already .
She drinks about 100-120ml and sometimes 130ml. Yes I transport my pump and milk every day. And I have to plan in a way that I have sufficient time. That's why 5am. Coz 5am wake up to pump then wash up is about 6am. Then sleep till 7 odd and wake up for work. By then can just dump my stuff into my bag and go off.

lsy

Isy, I heard that breastmilk are not as filling compared to formula. I think your baby looking for milk you can just give cos baby will stop when they are full. My girl currently drinking 3hrly of 110mls and 2 feeding of brown rice cereal daily. she is 17week 1 day old now.=)
FYI i did encountered once where she wouldnt stop and she is latching not bottle feed. Now i started to doubt the stop when full theory. Her intake was very low during the day at infant care and i was engorged so i latched her. End up in a timeframe of 2 hrs she empties both my breast in a few session of latching. Ended up too full burp 5 times spit up milk. Happen to flip on her tummy and the milk even came out through both her nostril. Scared the hell out of me and i swear i will not latch her both side of my breast anymore.

lsy

How much your baby drinks per feed now? Still have prob with bottle?
I'm using chantal's way, feed using bottle from 9am to 8pm, she screamed 3 days, only able to drink
When she is half asleep, once wake up, she will reject again. today she started to drink when awake, but so far till 4 pm only 110ml ( last latch on at 8am) . I'm very worried everyday.
My girl still not very stable since i started work this monday. 1st day at work she at infant care drink like 30ml next 3 hr another 40ml then 70ml. They have to follow schedule to feed her. That's why when reach home she was in hunger and empty both my breast and spit out milk. Too full. When i pump both breast can come up to 180ml. So imagine her drinking that amount in 2 hrs time frame.
As of yesterday i have not latched her. Trying to make her know that u wont get your top up in night feeds anymore. All will be by bottle.
Today morning at 5am i feed her 100ml (after bout 8hrs sleep in a row)
Then at 9am they feed her 90ml
12:15pm 90ml
3:15pm 80ml
6:45pm reach home i feed her 70ml
7:15pm another 30ml
8:00pm another 50ml as she wanted to drink.
I stop and given her pacifier to sleep. Think she can still drink but i do not want to overfeed her like the other day.

bbanna

My girl still not very stable since i started work this monday. 1st day at work she at infant care drink like 30ml next 3 hr another 40ml then 70ml. They have to follow schedule to feed her. That's why when reach home she was in hunger and empty both my breast and spit out milk. Too full. When i pump both breast can come up to 180ml. So imagine her drinking that amount in 2 hrs time frame.
As of yesterday i have not latched her. Trying to make her know that u wont get your top up in night feeds anymore. All will be by bottle.
Today morning at 5am i feed her 100ml (after bout 8hrs sleep in a row)
Then at 9am they feed her 90ml
12:15pm 90ml
3:15pm 80ml
6:45pm reach home i feed her 70ml
7:15pm another 30ml
8:00pm another 50ml as she wanted to drink.
I stop and given her pacifier to sleep. Think she can still drink but i do not want to overfeed her like the other day.
haizz.. our pitiful bb.. if I could know baby might develop bottle rejection and it has more damage compare to nipple confuion, I should have bottle fed her at least twice a day. attent the childbirth class, only heard they highlighted abt latch on, latch on..and nipple confusion...

my baby yesterday daytime intake similar to yours. they can only manage to feed her 90+30+50+70+70 by 7.pm, actually everytime prepare 120ml in bottle, but need to take serval attempts to finish them, not counted wasted milk.
I top up for her @ 7.15pm, (as the earliest I can come back from work is abt that time). she's also like sucking non-stop from my breast then at last vomit milk on the pillow. I still latch on her at night time, becos scare her lack of intake, she has passed some pinkage water on day 2 when I started the 9am-7pm bottle training. :( this is due to lack of water in body... :((
how much u feed your girl from 8pm to 5am ? is her whole day intake close to 800?

lsy

Hi bbanna, my girl sleeping daily from 8:30pm-7am wake her up for school. Min 10-12hrs sleep per night is her pattern. Now we start work she only manage 10hrs per night with 1 to 2 feeds in between.I notice if I feed once at night her day intake seems to be more and vice versa. Yesterday total 24hrs intake bout 600ml. Today slightly lesser. From 2:30am till now she fallen asleep is only bout 500ml. She still have wet diapers but i see the log book only total 4-5wets per day.

Chantal.. I just read of your horrible experience.. Sounds quite bad..
Ya, it's something I do not wish to go thru again, when they did a recovery call on mothers'day, I told them I want to feedback up. But they insisted that I shld relax don get so wrked up and wait for baby after full mth den tok abt it. End up after baby full mth too tired so till now i have not yet lodge a official complaint. The feedback form I filled up before discharge is useless lor=(

lsy

Hi bbanna, I think my girl should be taking 110ml average per feed. Not sure if today she drinks more.
1am-90ml
9am-100ml
12pm-90ml
2pm-50ml (think can be more but I never to up for her thinking it is only 2hr since last feed let her sleep)
5:30pm-120ml
8pm-130ml

All I feed except 12pm teacher feed. :)

whomovedmycheese

Hi bbanna, I think my girl should be taking 110ml average per feed. Not sure if today she drinks more.
1am-90ml
9am-100ml
12pm-90ml
2pm-50ml (think can be more but I never to up for her thinking it is only 2hr since last feed let her sleep)
8pm-130ml

Looks like your baby is drinking much more now! Good good!

bbanna

My girl use bottle can drink up to 330-360ml these 2 days. Feeding time varies frm 10mins to 1 hr++, still not stable, but improved alot.
I latch on 2-3 times the rest of day.
How is your work cum pumping life last week? Will start mine tomorrow. So sad, will sure miss my gal very much!
Was not in good mood these 2 days. In laws came down, the grandpa tease my gal right after come bak from smoking without washing hand, I sit very faraway already smell the smoky and the room they stay has terrible smell the next day, I asked if he smoke inside the aircon room, he denied, but how can it be! Don't understand these ppl, never be considerable.

1am-90ml
9am-100ml
12pm-90ml
8pm-130ml

whomovedmycheese

Hi chantal, just read abt yr delivery exp.. Must havw been real horrible. I had mine at tmc, was generally ok though the nurses can take a while to come.

Was induced too, same exp i waited from sat 0030 to 0800 after inserted first pill no dilation too. Second pill inserted and at sat 3pm then got a bit dilation. I was told i will likely have to wait till sun 0000. So that works out to be 24 hrs? (just tt something happened inthe end had c section. So to wait 30 hrs for yr caae may be norml as we r firsr time mum? Same thing as u i wa also pushed up and down from ward to observation ward
Hmm.. I didn't induce or go through c-sec but it took them 2 hour plus before they pushed me into the labour room, although I was fully dilated and can see baby's head 2 hours ago.

lsy

Hmm.. I didn't induce or go through c-sec but it took them 2 hour plus before they pushed me into the labour room, although I was fully dilated and can see baby's head 2 hours ago.
My gynae was nice to check again on me at the right time and found im 9cm. She asked nurses to prepare labour ward. Guess that was an instruction :) but after that she dunno go where and was just in time to deliver my baby .
So i was in labour ward since 9cm and was pushing my baby downward for bout 1 hr

bbanna

Any mum had milk block on breast? I'm keeping having it.
Whomovedmychess, how u manage as u pump 6 hr apart. If I dont pump for 4 hr, will definatly have block :(

bbanna

Yes i have esp now that i pump at 5 hr ibterval. I need to pump very long to get rid of the duct. Alt i get bb to latch, faster.
My duct sometimes out of the breast shield, I pump 25 mins this morning b4 come work but can't remove it. B4 pump, baby latch on ( dream feed) for 20 mins already.
How long u pump at office? I start work this week, pump in toliet for abt 25-30 mins, plus setup and wash, disappear from my seat for 50 mins ++.