EDD May 2011

bunbun

Well, my gynae told me he had a patient who gained 10kg in the first 12wks! So, how much a person can gain is dependent on her weight before pregnancy?

hi hi again!
yeah, i think there could be worse but im trying to cut down anyway cos doctor's advice :p mainly the carbs and the sugars he says :err:

leeevie

hello all mummies~~

not sure if any one of u went to the Parenthood Fair, but we did. omg!! was swarmed with so many brands and we were so tired after that. just went through the steriliser, pump and cots..and i felt like i just finished a war..

bunbun

hello all mummies~~

not sure if any one of u went to the Parenthood Fair, but we did. omg!! was swarmed with so many brands and we were so tired after that. just went through the steriliser, pump and cots..and i felt like i just finished a war..
Hi Leevie! :)
I was told there would be another fair before our due date so this would be a good start to gather the info so u can purchase in the next fair i suppose.
I avoided the fair although it's a stone's throw away from where I am as there's also the SITEX happening!
Did you manage to get anything there?
I might be ordering some items e.g breast pump and maternity bras online on my SIL's advice and especially since the dollar is cheap now :)

whomovedmycheese

I was told there would be another fair before our due date so this would be a good start to gather the info so u can purchase in the next fair i suppose.
I avoided the fair although it's a stone's throw away from where I am as there's also the SITEX happening!
I might be ordering some items e.g breast pump and maternity bras online on my SIL's advice and especially since the dollar is cheap now :)
Hahaha.. I also a stone's throw away too.. At SITEX. But actually, I only knew about the parenthood thingie when I went there..

Online?? Where where where?? :)

leeevie

I was told there would be another fair before our due date so this would be a good start to gather the info so you can purchase in the next fair i suppose.
I might be ordering some items e.g breast pump and maternity bras online on my sister In law's advice and especially since the dollar is cheap now :)
bought breast pump, steriliser, food warmer - all these comes in one set. also bought baby cot also. come to think of it, also dunno why buy so early..guess we were too tired liao..
ya..heard that next fair on around 9 dec, even bigger one. can go see see look look..
go where buy maternity bras online huh?

bunbun

hi hi!
havent had time to come here!
i have not checked them out but the US ones are awaybabyessentials.com and addalittlelove.com
and locally i hear prettymums can have good sales too! :)

izanyzam

Just curious, what's the difference between a maternity bra and a nursing bra?
I think a nursing bra has an opening for you to breastfeed yr baby whereas a maternity bra doesnt..??

During my 15th week check-up,gynae saw something btwn baby's legs but couldnt confirm the gender coz it mite be the umbilical cord,he suspected its another BOY..!! Will be going for my detailed scan on the 20th Dec..I dont mind another boy but a girl would be nice though..!!

Just curious if any mummies having Dr.Paul Tseng as their gynae?

Millykoh

Hi there,

I'm a 1st time mum too and my EDD is 29 May 2011. Am gog to be in my 15 wks now and have gained 4.7kg so far, not too sure if it's too much though but my tummy really shows

penguinna

hi everybody

i'm a 1st time mum too!

Currently at about 18 wks....EDD is 4th May 2011..... Hmm, so far I have gained about 3 kgs.... but tummy reli shows and my colleagues were saying my tummy is big for a 4 month...hehe :p

Gynae is Dr Phyllis Liaw @ Thomson Medical Centre :001_302:

izanyzam

hi everybody

i'm a 1st time mum too!

Currently at about 18 wks....EDD is 4th May 2011..... Hmm, so far I have gained about 3 kgs.... but tummy reli shows and my colleagues were saying my tummy is big for a 4 month...hehe :p

Gynae is Dr Phyllis Liaw @ Thomson Medical Centre :001_302:
Hi..We go the same clinic..Not the same gynae though..!!! Heehee..!!

whomovedmycheese

Hello Ladies!

Been awhile since I last posted.. have been researching on breast pumps, sterilizers and strollers. Anybody have any good and reliable brand/model in mind?

Hello Ladies!

Been awhile since I last posted.. have been researching on breast pumps, sterilizers and strollers. Anybody have any good and reliable brand/model in mind?
Hi , first time posting in this topic, i am 17 weeks now, i am also looking for these items.
I just share what my friends suggestion
- for breast pump, most ppl recommended Medela. i have another friend recommended Ameda.
She used both medela and Ameda, and she prefer Ameda, as she said Ameda is more quiet.
- i am not expert in stroller, but last week i went to Spring , and they have promotion.
Maclaren xt techno 2008 is on sale $398 , and top up with $20 can get comfort pack as well.
i am keen to get this.
I would say depend on your budget, and are you driving ?
If you are driving, car seat need to get a very good one rather a good stroller
- I dun have any preference for sterilizer, most of them are good if you need them.
my friends got an Avent brand and another no brand sterilizer and they works about the same.
I think also depend on your budget, i have friends recommended my pigeon brand.

These are just some sharing from my friends to me, i still yet to decide which to buy :)
apparently i think some friends plan to buy a sterilizer for me as gift :)
Oh, sterilizer also depend on what brand of the bottle u are using. I will use NUK bottle, since my sis highly recommended them to me.
hope it helps abit :)

v0nne

hi mummies! this is my first time in this forum. i'm 10+ weeks and edd is 27 may 2011! i'm really excited as this is my first bb. i dont have any morning sickness too and like some of you, i get worried as i dont have a lot of symptoms. last scan was at 8 weeks and bb is growing well. next scan is next week! can't wait to see bb again!
yes, i can't wait for my 2nd tri!!!
Hi ! i have got the same EDD AS YOU !

whomovedmycheese

Hi!

Anyone been to the detailed scan yet?? My scan is mid of next month.. A bit afraid my baby would not cooperate, like in the OSCAR scan.. :embarrassed: Anyone know the gender of your baby?? My gynae tried to check in my checkup last week, but my baby just carried on sleeping in the prone position, so no luck!

Last edited:

jenjenwongws

Hi!

Anyone been to the detailed scan yet?? My scan is mid of next month.. A bit afraid my baby would not cooperate, like in the OSCAR scan.. :embarrassed: Anyone know the gender of your baby?? My gynae tried to check in my checkup last week, but my baby just carried on sleeping in the prone position, so no luck!
Hi, I just did the detailed scan on Monday. It was pretty fast for me, like in 20-30 mins, and can collect report within 5 mins. Did it at TMC. Yes, for a moment, my baby was not cooperative too, so the Dr shake shake him a bit...:) quite funny! Yes, I know the gender since last month during my 4th month. Don't worry, I am sure during the detailed scan, you will be able to know!

Don't worry too much, our baby will grow up healthy and happily!