EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Tannie

Hi Piglim, I feel u when I was with my gal at the childcare for the first day. I couldn't communicate properly with other parents n teacher cause I felt like tearing... my gal is only 1.5 yrs n she has to be independent. .. so poor thing... from there on, I let my my bring my gal to the childcare instead. Till now, one month plus, she is still crying when she is in childcare. She will wail loudly when my mum pick her up.

I am in wk 34 and next appointment will be in 2 wks gap. Actually the lesser appointment, the lesser cost... haha. My gynae prescribed multi vit, fish oil n calcium since 2nd trimester. I felt tht I will need the multi vit cause im picky eater so my diet is definitely not a balance one.

Duno is it due to the weather or weight, suffering from hip bone pain, limping around the office yesterday. .. so dragging to go work today so decided to take mc haha... also take the opportunity to pack my room abit. But the weather is so hot and humid to be at home... so now enjoying aircon at Macdonald. .. n give in to a cup of coffee... miss my morning coffee... has been enduring for 8 months...

CharChia

I am currently taking ganilia... it contains multi-vitamins, calcium, iron, folic acid etc... I only need to take 2 capsules every morning before meal... one bottle is nearly $50... but at least I dun have to take alot of tablets which I hate...

My appointment is bi-weekly too from week 31 onwards. The gynae prescribed multi-vitamins and fish oil for me.. no calcium pills though. But actually my gynae also told me before that as long as I eat a balanced diet, there's no need to eat all these pills at all. It would just be a waste of money haha.. Too bad, like Tannie, I am also a picky eater.. This don't eat that don't eat.. so it's better I eat all these pills...

Lingz12

Jus came back from gynae appt.. currently 35 wks, gg to see her 2 weeks later at 37wks and then subsequently will be weekly visits.. it's true tat the lesser e visits, e less u pay la.. but usually towards the end, I tot it's common for higher frequency of visits to keep tabs on progress, whether bb is growing well, bb is turning etc.. though I like e idea of saving $ with less frequent visits, but I feel more assured tat everything is on track and normal everytime I see my gynae.. even though I spend like less than 10min in her rm each time.. haha..

Anyway.. im ordered to go on diet.. >_< Last pregnancy was told to eat and eat cos my girl was v small and hardly growing.. this time round, my boy is growing too fast.. 2.8kg at 35wks and 600g gain in 2 wks.. Gynae says if I keep up the rate im eating, he's gonna come out at 4kg since he shows no signs of arriving early.. And it's gonna b hard to push him out and likelihood of emergency csec will b high.. scare the lights out of me.. so now im supposed to eat half my usual portion of rice and im officially banned from durians and snacks.. sianz max.. my tummy is used to big appetite, how to suddenly dun eat so much now?

Guess

Thank you everyone for clearing my doubts.

Actually i have a pretty good diet. I take milk two times a day, 4-5 servings fruits, wholegrains, 2-3 servings of protein including lentils, salad nuts everyday and fish 2-3 times a week. which I have been following before the pregnancy as well. I have been given calcium and iron tablets. But seeing everyone talking about prenatal vitamin. I feel I am missing something. Even in our recent prenatal class, the organizer were talking about prenatal vitamin and they said that its strange that my doctor did not suggest prenat and she seems to be rather confident about my health. So far i am doing good. In my 34th week visit, Baby weighed 2kg which doctor said is ok for my size.

As per the frequency of visit, I had miscarriage earlier and referred to same doctor, So This time I am really scared. I told my doctor that i was expecting more frequent visits now on but she said that I am doing good so need to come early. i am referring in Kandang Kerbau Hospital. Is it that its common practice in Kandang Kerbau Hospital? But yes, I am feeling good and so far dont have any problem. But my last experience keeps me haunting. so I want to be extra cautious this time.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Guess

Hi Lingz12,

Your baby definitely seems to be bigger at least as in compare to mine :) But again I am very petite and small

I was also suggested to eat less of artificial sugar and carbswhen baby was 1.4kg. My doctor felt that i gained too much weight,too early. I started with 41 and now I am 54. Anyhow I don't take additional sugar and stopped eating out once i got pregnant. The only change I have made is eating less rice. I eat rice only 2-3 times a week now that too moderately. Rather I take whole wheat flour. And I make sure to snack on(fruits, nuts, salad, whole wheat sandwich, pan seared chicken or fish, popcorn ) in between even if I am not hungry in every 2 hrs, that way I feel less hungry and dont have huge appetite. Initially It was really difficult for me to give up rice as I love love love rice.

Hope this helps :)

CharChia

Guess, I am not sure for ur case... I guess it is the experience of the gynae... If you went back to the same gynae, maybe he/she knows better...

I am seeing the same gynae for no.1 and no.2 at KKH... For no.1, my visits were more frequent as I had low lying placenta in trimester 2 and spotting plus threats of preterm labour. I was admitted at least twice / thrice... My gynae advice me to defer my studies and have more bed rest... That time my gynae visits were once every 4 weeks and after 34 weeks was once every two weeks... For no.2, he was more relaxed even though I had spotting in my first trimester... So far all my checks are good... my gynae visits is either once in every 6 to 8 weeks... Even though recently I kept feeling tummy pain and went for check which shows irregular contractions once in every 10 mins, he also say no need to admit and just wait for my 34 weeks appointment to see him which is next week... he told me that after the 34 weeks appointment, most likely no need to see him again till i admit for delivery... lol... I guess they know what they are doing and we just have to trust their professionalism...

Anyway till now i also dunno what does contractions feels like... For no.1 I had extreme pain in my spinal area and keep wanting to urine but nothing comes out thus admitted myself... gynae told the nurse to inject some medication to increase the contraction (something like that), break water bag and epidural... I guess contraction is like sudden tightening of the uterus, squeezing together, which i m always feeling it now and then, keeping me awake at night sometimes... Some friends tell me is like having menses cramp...

mrsjlim

Guess:864377 said:
Hi Lingz12,

Your baby definitely seems to be bigger at least as in compare to mine :) But again I am very petite and small

I was also suggested to eat less of artificial sugar and carbswhen baby was 1.4kg. My doctor felt that i gained too much weight,too early. I started with 41 and now I am 54. Anyhow I don't take additional sugar and stopped eating out once i got pregnant. The only change I have made is eating less rice. I eat rice only 2-3 times a week now that too moderately. Rather I take whole wheat flour. And I make sure to snack on(fruits, nuts, salad, whole wheat sandwich, pan seared chicken or fish, popcorn ) in between even if I am not hungry in every 2 hrs, that way I feel less hungry and dont have huge appetite. Initially It was really difficult for me to give up rice as I love love love rice.

Hope this helps :)
Hi Guess,

Just wondering why u stopped or eating less rice? Is rice no gd for preg women? I eat a lot of rice since I become preg, I can't don't have rice every meal. As I feel only rice can make stomach feel better

Guess

Thanks Charchia.

Glad that at least your appointment trend seems to match with mine :) This is definitely gonna help me keep calm.

I think I should trust my doctors professionalism rather than torturing myself thinking of same thing. I really appreciate your reply.

Guess

Hi Mrsjlim,

Even i felt the same, rice makes me feel good and full. But when my doctor asked me to slow down on carbs and sweets, i felt that rice is the only place where I can cut down. since i had stopped eating out, no additional sugar, no tea or coffee. And I was not ready to give up my cheese :) I am from Nepal so we do eat lots of roti (whole wheat flour tortilla) along with curries and lentils, which helped me to compensate the rice :)

Piglim, I feel you! My daughter also went to school already. It's their first ever experience of a strange place put in so many hours! Mine is still crying. This is her 2nd week now, but she only cries for 15 mins when I left her in the morning. After that, when she dont see me or my husband, she will be happily playing with her peers. I'm lucky that her class now always have less than 10 students and 2 teachers. I guess most of the parents there didnt put their child frequently in the childcare.

Guess mummy, like other mummies... I was given fish oil, calcium, iron, folic acid (yes, I'm still eating my folic acid pills) and vitamins. So many pills to eat in the morning everyday! My previous Filipino helper was saying these pills are additional and do not necessary need to be taken. She said the gynae is just trying to earn our money. Nevertheless, I still heed my gynae advice and take these pills diligently.

I didnt check for any stretch marks (fingers crossing that I dont get to see any), cos I dont have any when i had #1. Some said, if your mom has the stretch marks when they were pregnant, then most likely we will have it too. I asked my mom if she has, she said she dont have stretch marks.

mrsjlim

Guess:864388 said:
Hi Mrsjlim,

Even i felt the same, rice makes me feel good and full. But when my doctor asked me to slow down on carbs and sweets, i felt that rice is the only place where I can cut down. since i had stopped eating out, no additional sugar, no tea or coffee. And I was not ready to give up my cheese :) I am from Nepal so we do eat lots of roti (whole wheat flour tortilla) along with curries and lentils, which helped me to compensate the rice :)
Hi Guess

I eat so much rice, Maybe That's the Reason for the high sugar level on the urine strip test during my last gynae visit :(
my gynae has advised me to stop eating all The fruits since I Don't eat other Sweet stuff except lots of fruits everyday. I have thus forgo my favourite fruits from now on . Will need to monitor if my sugar level is back to normal for the next visit to decide if a glucose test is required. I'm so worried that I will get gestational diabetes :(

meltie

Hi mummies, i've been quite bz.. N i typed a post and when i clicked submit, it went missing and my safari crashed...

Talkigg abt diet.. Hmm i have bot really been watching it.. Also keep forgetting to take my mutlivits n fish oil.. I am lactose intolerant so have to take calcium tabs.. hmm this pregnancy i think i anyhow eat.. Nv really look out much.. Bb is big and still healthy range.. But despite all the oily, unhealthy outside food or fried food i eat at home (fried fish, pork chop, fried nuggets, maggi mee), i don't gain much weight.. Started with 52kg, now 62.5kg.. Well previous pregnancy i gained 13kg .. Gynae say shld he abt the same... She did not ask me abt my diet.. Just say go as normal.. Well as a sahm , i don't have much choices coz always pressed for time.. Feel bad .. And i've been drinking alot of coke!!! Last time i only drank water n non gassy drinks! Haha maybe now stressed, crave for comfort food...

Poor piglim! i hope the childcare teachers can help to look out for ur little boy! I'll be heartbroken too.. Last sat after church, i was waiting for hubby .. Let my girl play w 2 older boys (aged 5 & 7), they normally also play abit w her in nursery, but i try to restrict.. But this time we were in main hall at seating area.. My girl as usual walked up n down.. Those 2 boys chased her say will look out for her.. wanna teach her to jump which she obviously can't yet.. So they keep blocking her way and tripping around her.. I just turned away for a sec when someone asked me something and next moment my girl fell on the carpet on her back.. She seldom fall on her back and on her head one.. Most toddlers fumble and fall forward... Immediately i knew the boys must have accidentally tripped her while jumping ard her.. But they did nothing to help and immediately jumped to defense saying she was trying to walk backwards and fell.. Well my little girl doesn't know how to walk backwards yet... Well they kept saying its her own fault that she fell.. Thy ddi not even break her fall.. Sigh i had to run over and pick her up.. Wailing like mad and cried due to trauma.. I was so scared coz i nv see her fall on the back of her head before.. Heart pain!! :( so angry too.. Their parents just told them to stop playing.. Were on their phones and didn't even bother to say sorry or check on my bb..
Sigh at this age, i really super scared coz any moment and split sec anything might happen.. :( maybe i have the pregnancy emo hormones...

Haiz having a bad day today.. Baby screaming at me , refuse to play by herself even for awhile, she can unlock herself n come out of play yard .. I couldn't rest or prepare her porridge n fish properly.. Couldn't do so for mine too.. The moment she started roaming, she tripped when coming out of playard.. I kept shouting at her.. Then she came to fiddle and bash my safety gate at the kitchen.. Haiz.. I felt bad to shout at her but she just won't listen.. Feeding time, she made a big mess.. Got her to drink water while i stepped to kitchen to take something, she poured all the water out and play.. Drove me crazy.. Beat her hand.. Haizzzz she still doesn't listen.. :/ went on screaming at the top of her voice..now she is finally napping.. Hope she slps abit longer so i can rest.. I'm really losing it.. Wondering if i can still handle in the days ahead....... I really wanna spend more time w her to enjoy before 2nd one comes along.. Yesterday brought her to sea aquarium to walk.. She was so happy but also she was super naughty... Refused to be held.. Just wanna bash through the crowd.. Super tiring.....

I feel my stomach is getting v v tight.. Sometimes maybe got the tightening feeling... Fake contractions i think.. The real contractions i experienced was like serious menstrual cramps one.. Keeps coming..

Yes, I still can remember the contractions I felt when I was about to deliver my #1. Firstly, it was bearable. The contractions come and go... with that, the breathing exercises help me to handle the contractions well.

But as the contractions interval go nearer and nearer each other (about 1 min apart), I was breathing intensely. I was still trying to focus on my breathing and not think about the contractions. It was then that I thought I should call up my gynae. Immediately grasping my breath, I called him at his mobile and he told me to admit myself to the hospital. Luckily the hospital bag was already in the car. So my husband sent me off, dropped myself at the emergency entrance and I have to call for anyone I saw to help bring me to the delivery suite. The hospital was so cold, nobody was around then. It was a Saturday evening, but all went well though.

I hope this same experience is what I will encounter for my #2! Easy peasy! LOL!

Melancholy

Hi all, today don't know why i felt exceptionally tired. Feel kind of breathless when walking my son to school when usually i have no problem at all.

And sometimes i feel that either left/right side of my tummy will be "hard". Especially when i lie down on my back. After awhile it will become soft. Is it because baby is turning/moving about?

Tannie

Oh ya, first time mummy, it's good that u join the hospital tour so that u know how to admit yourself when u need to.

Tannie

Melancholy, if u feel breathless better rest and dun strain yourself. Guess last lap isn't easy but we r reaching the finishing line soon!

Cariscia

Hi all, I'm a first time mummy too! EDD 10th May and starting to count down now, quite anxious and yet scare as what to expected in the coming weeks.

Guess

Hi Mrsjlim,

Yes You can cut down on rice. My sister had gestational diabetes in her 3rd trimester.So she also cut down on rice and checked sugar content for every fruit before eating :) She gave birth to beautiful angel last year ( normal delivery with epidural)