EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Guess

Tannie, I called KKH for hospital tour in early April and they were all booked till July. So could not go for it :-(

So have you all started packing your hospital bag? I cant find a suitable bag to put all the stuffs in yet. I need to pack mine soon! My last working day will be the 17th April! exciting!!!!!!

Cariscia

Hi Guess! But from what I've known it's not always accurate on the EDD, may be earlier or later depending on the baby.. Which gets me more excited and anxious. But how nice if it's on the 11th may haaha cause it falls on Mother's Day! So are you heading for c-sect or natural?

CharChia

KKH maternity tour got nothing much... they only introduce the hospital facilities such as what ward is available and the delivery suite... with regards to the cost u can go and ask at the financial counter at level 1 where birth registration is...

CharChia

I use a big bag for hospital bag... coz for my no.1 I realise I brought the bag too small end up need to use plastic bag...

this time I use big bag so can put in the pampers, wet wipes, pad and sometimes the gifts that people send... so that easier for my husband to carry amd I can concentrate on carrying the newborn...

Guess

yes that's true, First baby, so curious how he is gona look like :) I wish my baby comes one day early as 8th May is my husband birthday too.....I did not know that 11th is mothers day.......mothers day also wud be nice

Guess

By now I have been to KKH so many times that i wont mind missing hospital tour. Also i find KKH staff very helpful so should not be any problem. If I am not wrong they are providing hospital tour only once a month i.e. on first friday of every month, So no wonder its all booked.

On my doctor recommendation, I tried to complete the formality of admission last week itself ....but the reception guy asked me too come only after 10th April. As per him its too early to register now.

Do we need to also pack diaper, pad and wipes in our hospital bag . I thought hospital is gona provide them.

Thanks

Lingz12

Guess, u have to check with the hospital what they are providing during ur stay.. different hospitals provide different things.. like sme hospitals provide everything for e baby and sme dun.. so better check beforehand ya?

CharChia

guess, yes they will provide the diaper, wipes and pads... anyway for no.1 I did not even register for a bed... I just register when I was admitted for delivery...

Tannie

Guess, I am staying at TMC and they provide baby clothing so u dun hv to bring any. They will provide 1 pack of sanitary pad, baby diaper. If u use more than that and you dun hv ur own, they will charge.

My water bag break for #1. So they start using the sanitary pad the moment I admitted. Hence the complimentary pack is used up by the time I gave birth n warded. Luckily I brought my own so dun need to pay extra. Moreover the one they provided is loop type, I am glad to use my own tape type.

jeslow

Hi mummies, I'm now at 34 weeks and just came back from my gynae appt..baby is now at 2.2-2.3kg which is medium size according to my gynae. Can we start drinking coconut juice from 34 weeks?..the weather these days is making me crave for coconut juice..hehe

Btw, coz I'm short @ 1.48m, is it true that it will be difficult to have natural delivery? Coz my gynae did mention it may be more difficult for me if the baby is big..and i dun wanna end up trying for natural cannot then have to do c-sect instead...double the pain and $$$ >.<

Melancholy

Hi jeslow, i went for my checkup today too. I'm at 34 weeks+ and baby is weighing at 2.7kg. I just went to buy coconut just now. Planning to drink later :)

For the hospital bag, how do your pack everything in ah? What about those facial products, toothbrush/toothpaste? Also put new/spare ones inside???

Do we have to bring our own breast pump?

And what is the marriage cert for? Do we have to bring that as well?

Tannie

jessybebee:864696 said:
For the hospital bag, how do your pack everything in ah? What about those facial products, toothbrush/toothpaste? Also put new/spare ones inside???

Do we have to bring our own breast pump?

And what is the marriage cert for? Do we have to bring that as well?
Jus pack like going vacation haha. I heard some ppl use trolley bags... cause u will hv alot to bring home... goodie bag, left over pad n diaper etc.

Get traveller size toiletries n put inside.

Marriage cert to proof ur hubby is legal father of ur child, mus produce during registration.

U can either bring your breast pump or borrow from hospital. Normally for first time mummy, milk dun come so fast. I didn't bring when give birth to no.1. Dun think I will bring this time too.

Tannie

Melancholy:864695 said:
Hi jeslow, i went for my checkup today too. I'm at 34 weeks+ and baby is weighing at 2.7kg. I just went to buy coconut just now. Planning to drink later :)
Can we already drink? I so craving for it but hubby dun allow me to.... my sis said coconut will induce early birth :(

jessybebee, marriage cert is to register your baby's birth cert. I only do the registration 2 weeks after my baby is born cos I was waiting for her chinese name to be "calculated".

As for the hospital bag, I only pack simple items like I'm going for a holiday. I dont remember urgently needing the rest (documents) during my stay.

Thanks Tannie and perkyperky. Guess I won't bring my breast pump else so many things to bring.

So if I never intend to register my baby's birth cert at the hospital then I don't have to bring my marriage cert right?

Oh ya, the list of things to pack also include slippers.. What kind of slippers ah? Bedroom slippers? So confused...

Tannie, I also dont remember my milk supply kicking in right after I delivered. LOL! I still remembered I starve my #1 until the 3rd/4th day when my milk comes. I didnt even give her any water. My husband seeing #1 so ke lian, only dabbed some moist cotton wool on her lips.

jessybebee, those beach slippers will do. I didnt bring any slippers there. Was still wearing my birkenstock walking around the hospital when attending the breastfeeding class. I think as long as we are comfortable moving around, that should be fine.