EDD May 2014 (maybe)

CharChia

with regards to breastfeeding... nurse keep asking me to breastfeed my son but then my son keeps on sleeping and refises to get up to drink no matter what we do... nurse keep asking me to wake him up, till I fed and tell the nurse, if u can wake him up then I feed him la... the nurse keep trying n trying but he keeps sleeping till she gives up and ask me to remember to feed when he wakes up....

For no.2, I dun have a problem with milk supply probably because I have always been massaging my beast to stimulate and remove blockage... plus my current massage lady also helps me to massage my breast and clear the blockahe... For no.1 was a problem with milk supply at first, coz alot of blockage making my beast painful, full and sore... until I had my post natal massage, the lady helped me.massage and taught me how to clear blockage...

jeslow

Juz saw my gynae, baby gained abit for the past wk at ard 2.95kg..only 0.5cm dilated so she will most prob be a full term or overdue baby..i hope she will come on Mothers' day on 11th..hehe

Lingz12

Thanks Tannie, Charchia and ST Woo.. The bleeding has gotten better.. Thankfully.. Gynae say to keep massaging the tummy wen I have nothing to do as it will stimulate contraction of the uterus.. She says if the uterus is too relax it might expand smemore and come out with more blood clots.. so I have been doing it every now and then.. I dun wan to be forced to stay another day or put on drip..

Lingz12

Just tried to video call my girl.. But the wifi connection here is so unstable.. 3G oso unstable.. I can onli see a frozen pic of her but at least she can see me.. wen trying to get her to tok to me, I realised tat I missed her a lot.. and I cried while toking to her.. sobz.. I cant wait to get discharged tmr to see her..

meltie

Jiayou lingz!!! Pls take care.. Aiyo i really hope i won't miss my girl so much.. Just sorted out the facetime w my hubby.. Needed to update to latest ios.. Sighh i will definitely miss her.. :p glad to hear ur blood clots are lesser.. Hope you can discharge soon..

tannie, jiayou! Continue to stimulate milk supply by pumping! For my #1, she had jaundice , high white blood count, suspected infection and had to stay on for another few days.. I pumped in ward and discharged to pump .. Even 2-3drops of colostrum , i also mix into FM for my girl to drink.. I pumped till i got a good supply and conitnued visiting her daily at nicu for 2 weeks.. :p jiayou! Phototherapy is still not as invasive as seeing my girl with all the tubes going in n out of her.. :/ i was crying buckets! :p jiayou!!!!

Congrats shanice! jiayou on breastfeeding! Don't stress too much! Coz it will affect one.. Our newborns still have sufficient stores of 'food' in them to last for afew days post delivery.. Maybe they are not hungry yet.. Slowly yet surely get them to learn to suckle and drink.. :) jiayou!

meltie

Now my breast is hard as stone... sian man... got to massage n express out a bit later...
Jiayou tannie.. Engorgement is painful.. But also means got supply..jiayou jiayou.. Massage more...

I had a rough night in pain.. Felt so different coz tummy was like stone n super tight.. Bb kicked so hard suddenly n i had to go pee .. V uncomfortable relief.. Felt like got contractions.. Cannot differentiate coz was constantly in pain.. Tried to time .. Was 2-3 times per hr then became hourly and 2-hourly.. I guess its just false contractions.. Survived till this morning .. Just had diarrhea ... Tummy is super tight n aching... I guess its near.. I almost thought i'm gonna get into labor by morning... Arghh this last staye is hard to bear..

DDSY

Hi mummies, I gave birth on 30 April and didn't have time to read thro the threads and updates till now. Both mummy and baby are good but am trying to increase supply of BM now. May I ask mummies here a question? Do babies have regular check ups to monitor their growth? Coz I just brought my girl for her checkup after discharge and there isn't anymore check ups scheduled for her. If so, how do we monitor baby's growth and milestones?

Tia

Lingz12

Jia you Tannie.. And hope ur bb can go home todae!

Meltie jia you too! Maybe ur time is coming! I hate the waiting part too.. Which is why even though im sianz I gotta be induced, im kinda relieved tat e waiting part is gonna be over soon by a definite date instead of seemingly endless waiting! Haha..

Im cleared to discharge.. but bb has jaundice.. PD said anything above 11 has to go for phototherapy and bb is 11 exactly.. Given a choice to take him hme and sunbathe followed by earlier review by PD on Sat.. And I chose tat.. hope there is sun todae and tmr!

jeslow

Congrats Lingz, hope ur boy will recover soon!

Yah i agreee with u on the waiting part lor...i'm getting abit restless with the endless waiting manz..especially after seeing the other mummies have delivered, keep wondering when will be my turn

Lingz12

It will be ur turn soon mummies! It's May oredi!

Oh I wanna grumble a bit.. my CL called this morning to say her daughter is unwell so she ask if she can come tmr instead.. sighz.. say until like tat can I say no? And she will onli reach like 6pm tmr.. so I gotta take care of bb myself todae. Thankfully my mil and mum and with me now to help out..

CharChia

Lingz... Try to sun baby... Till now I hardly have chance to sun my boy coz raining... :( Tomorrow hope jaundice level is still dropping else I think they will send him back to KKH for review...

Meltie guess the waiting game should be ending soon for u... jiayou...

DDSY, the next checkup to monitor baby's development should be done when baby turns one month old... it is also the time they need to take the 2nd booster for BCG... if u going polyclinic or private clinic for checkup, then u need to call and make an appointment...

meltie

I just went for my gynae appt.. 39 weeks today baby is 3.3kg.. Next appt is next thurs.. Gynae says its anytime as head is v v low ... Admit when contractions hit 4 times per hour.. :p still waiting...

Jiayou lingz! Try to sun baby and get him to drink n poop more! :p

All the best to all mummies who are waiting! let's see who is next!!

i am 39 week 3 days today.... going doc appt this evening. not sure if baby come out on 13 May (PH), will have extra charge anot?

Anyone here knows that, If we choose date to induce will have extra charges?