EDD May 2014 (maybe)

miso

Hi mummies, was discharged from hospital yesterday. Only managed to catch up in this thread now as baby kept me real busy.

i was induced on tues night (6th may) and delivered at 9.31am next day to my baby girl. My girl also have jaundice. But I was allowed to bring her back thankfully! Hopefully frequent pooping n peeing will help clear her jaundice. She pooped a lot last night n peed a few times too. Managed to sunbathe her for a while this morning too though sun was not strong.

Pediatrician appt is coming Monday. Hopefully all is good.

Tannie

Hope all babies r clear of jaundice soon. Went check up today, gal still having jaundice but luckily no need to admit. .. will have to fees her more frequently. .. haiz.... nipple damm sore liao....

meltie

Jiayou mummies! seems like almost everyone is battling wih jaundice... :p may all babies be fully pink in health soon!

Congrats miso and pls rest well! can share ur birth story when u're free!

Tannie, totally understand abt sore nipples.. Try to apply nipple cream or breastmilk after feeding and let it air dry?

Piglim

No wonder every child is different no matter how experience one may be.. Hope my baby will be easy to handle.. Seeing so many babies hving jaundice also making me worried...

Wah looks like need to pack the medela nipple cream into my hospital bag.. Somehow I just feel uneasy.. Like I haven't prepare something... ;(

whole body is aching REAL badly.. From side view can see the baby is low n almost popping out... Haiz but just at this time.. When I m gonna deliver soon, hubby got a job offer.. And now we r all so in a dilemma. If he quits now (the other company needs him urgently) he will lose his 1 week of paternity leave... But the offer is 50% of his increment... What will u all do?? For $ sake go for it? Or for family sake stay on cos got the 1 wk leave? Of cos it's not just e leave la.. He says the new job he may be more bz n taking leave may not be as flexible as before.. And he may need to fly oversea once in awhile whereas now he doesn't need to fly at all... Haiz...

Someone here I remember is HR expert right? Can I chk with u if the employee takes paternity leave before he tender (eg; mon I deliver and he has yet to tender and so he applies for paternity leave, but thurs he hands in the resignation letter is his paternity leave still valid? Cos at the time he applies paternity he is still e staff of the organization) hubby says need the birth cert n documents to process the paternity leave but my argument is unless he hasn't tender n still is the employee of the organization even for that 1/2 days he should still be entitled to it right?

Lingz12

Jia you xiongmao.. hope ur girl clears jaundice soon too! I think almost all babies here have jaundice? It's such a pain.. Hope our babies all clear tat soon!

Yeah.. every baby is different man.. now im starting to appreciate my #1.. she's realli an easy baby as compared to her didi.. she's a natural latcher, I dun even need to teach her how to latch.. and oso no jaundice! Now didi has jaundice.. and is a super poor and impatient latcher.. everytime he's hungry, he will attack my nipple.. I noe it's a shallow latch so I will unlatch him which make him even more frustrated and attacked a second time with vengeance.. smetimes I shove my boobs in wen he's crying (mouth wide open, yeah! right? ), he will spit out my nipple and then suck it back in.. shallow again.. and the spitting out and sucking in is sooooooo painful! And he likes to stretch and pull on my nipples too.. So now I have sore and bleeding nipples.. everytime he latches on, I feel like screaming.. and this morning he puked chocolate milk.. I tink cos the milk he took in was mixed with sme blood from my nipple.. sighz.. and cos of his poor latch, im suffering from major blocked ducts.. I am so depressed tat I feel like giving up on breastfeeding.. hiah.. hopefully the massage lady can help me clear all tmr.. though I tink it's tough.. hiah..

meltie

Jiayou Lingz! Hope you feel better after massage!

piglim! I'm still baking my girl inside me! 39 weeks plus liao.. Sigh i'm also super super sore and bb super low.. So scary.. Sweating like nobody's business!
Hmm wah i think the paternity leave takes time to process w government for the company to claim.. So maybe they might forfeit it after resignation n count as leave.. Hmm better to check.. But as long as he is employee, shld be entitled one.. :p haha wait for expert hr to advise..

Hmm my mum finally came over to help.. So far help to cook dishes n wash.. Look after #1 for awhile.. Haven't teach her how to change diapers and feed.. Well she is on leave to help me till i give birth.. After CL comes, she will go back to work.. Coz too many ppl at home also hard.. How to cook n sit ard.. But i'm still worried if CL don't help me out abit w #1, only #2, i may have to take care of #1 fully during confinement... :p

Guess

Hello Ladies, i am having this strong menstrual like cramp since friday night and feel like pooing. But no matter how long i stay in bathroom, no poo or very lil. Is this contraction? Friday night, pain was lin 8 min interval whole night and yesterday in day time in 10 min gap but less mild. And yesterday night, it was again back with 8 min interval but itense and its still ongoing. I am suppose to be induced today in the evening.

Yesterday i went to delivery suite to chk if m dilated, and the dr. Put his hand to check the cervix and it was so painful and i was sore whole day. Will they b following same process fr inducing? Their hands inside.... I cant bear it. Pls share ur experience of inducing. ~ Thanks

Tannie

Jiayou Lingz12! I can feel u. I also think that my #2 is not as good at latching compate to #1. I already got sore nipple when in hospital, so paid lactation consultant to come guide me again on day 2.

I feel that #2 is pacifying instead of drinking. .. she is moving her lip but she never seems to be full.... I have been switching side till she is satisfied. .. which means hours... hope things will get better.

Lingz12

Guess:870177 said:
Hello Ladies, i am having this strong menstrual like cramp since friday night and feel like pooing. But no matter how long i stay in bathroom, no poo or very lil. Is this contraction? Friday night, pain was lin 8 min interval whole night and yesterday in day time in 10 min gap but less mild. And yesterday night, it was again back with 8 min interval but itense and its still ongoing. I am suppose to be induced today in the evening.

Yesterday i went to delivery suite to chk if m dilated, and the dr. Put his hand to check the cervix and it was so painful and i was sore whole day. Will they b following same process fr inducing? Their hands inside.... I cant bear it. Pls share ur experience of inducing. ~ Thanks
Guess.. for inducing it depends wat method of induction.. mine was insertion of pill into the cervix to soften it.. so it was like cervix check, quite uncomfortable and smetimes yes, very sore.. but I heard sme are induced using drip.. so it realli depends.. but cervix check is definite during labour cos they need to assess wen u need to start pushing.. can onli push wen fully dilated.. so to prevent them from checking too often I try to bear with the pressure (after epidural not much pain but v uncomfy pressure) until I can't take it before calling the nurses.. And they will always do a check.. hate it!

Urs sound like contraction to me.. but im no expert.. both my labours are induced and by the time I experience contractions they are oredi v intense!

Hi mummies, was discharged from hospital yesterday. Only managed to catch up in this thread now as baby kept me real busy.

i was induced on tues night (6th may) and delivered at 9.31am next day to my baby girl. My girl also have jaundice. But I was allowed to bring her back thankfully! Hopefully frequent pooping n peeing will help clear her jaundice. She pooped a lot last night n peed a few times too. Managed to sunbathe her for a while this morning too though sun was not strong.

Pediatrician appt is coming Monday. Hopefully all is good.
Congrats mummy!
Your girl is one year younger than my girl! And timing very near too! my girl was 943am. hehe

Jiayou Lingz12! I can feel u. I also think that my #2 is not as good at latching compate to #1. I already got sore nipple when in hospital, so paid lactation consultant to come guide me again on day 2.

I feel that #2 is pacifying instead of drinking. .. she is moving her lip but she never seems to be full.... I have been switching side till she is satisfied. .. which means hours... hope things will get better.
Is your milk in yet? If yes, do apply some bm on the nipples and leave to air dry! I think it helps quite abit. else apply nipple cream! I tried a few and i find Pigeon breast gel quite good coz not so thick like Medela and Avent ones. Good luck and make your consultation worth! =)

Guess

Thanks Lingz12, yesterday was only dilated 1 cm .... Today inducing scheduled.....-after yesterdays experience, i hate cervix check and moreover that male doctor... Super rough hands:(

miso

I was induced at 11.15pm on tues. Told to stay in bed till 12.15am then can get out of bed. My induction was using the pill to help soften my cervix. I was 1cm dilated at this point.

Tried to sleep but was too nervous n excited to. Managed to nap for a while n contractions started at 3am plus. By 5.30am contractions got intense n was coming at 3 min intervals. Midwife came to check n I was only 2cm dilated. I gave up n asked for epidural. Got my epidural at 6.30am.

Gynae came at 8.40am to check and I was fully dilated!! She say I can start pushing and told the midwives to guide me while she goes check on another patient of hers few doors away also in labour. Gynae came back at 9.15am when bb was crowning and I delivered at 931am to my bb girl. So that's my birth story.

Think my milk has started to come. My breasts are so engorged now but bb is snoozing away... Also how long does it take to not feel so sore down there?

I was induced at 11.15pm on tues. Told to stay in bed till 12.15am then can get out of bed. My induction was using the pill to help soften my cervix. I was 1cm dilated at this point.

Tried to sleep but was too nervous n excited to. Managed to nap for a while n contractions started at 3am plus. By 5.30am contractions got intense n was coming at 3 min intervals. Midwife came to check n I was only 2cm dilated. I gave up n asked for epidural. Got my epidural at 6.30am.

Gynae came at 8.40am to check and I was fully dilated!! She say I can start pushing and told the midwives to guide me while she goes check on another patient of hers few doors away also in labour. Gynae came back at 9.15am when bb was crowning and I delivered at 931am to my bb girl. So that's my birth story.

Think my milk has started to come. My breasts are so engorged now but bb is snoozing away... Also how long does it take to not feel so sore down there?
hi Miso,

congrats!

during my time I had a bad sore, but I did not realise how bad it was until I went to the toilet for the first time after birth (nurses keep asking if i have peed!! and only till I have peed that they like finally felt sense of relief) coz when i pat the area dry, OMG! the whole area was sooo swollen up! later on the doc who helped with my delivery (i was on subsidized so no chosen doc but met this one who persisted for me to try for one last push before resorting to e-Csect and haha it worked) check on me and she ordered some cold pads for me... it is like our sanitary pads but you can break and shake the content which will make it ice cold.. it totally did comfort the sore that upon my discharge, I bought another box of 3 back and it helped me tide thru some nights when the soreness kept me awake..

Maybe you can ask your doc!!

And if you are engorged before baby feeds, do the massage! my time, the nurse came to help me massage and teach me.. they told me to do it everytime before feed.

Seems like alot of mummies here are having #2 already so I would like to ask about the MMR jab. bringing my darling girl for the jab tomorrow morning.
Was advised by nurse to feed her egg white prior to the jab and check for allergy. So far so good. Any other things I should take note of for this jab??

Lingz12

Tannie:870180 said:

Tannie.. is the LC worth paying for? I mean do they realli teach until u noe how to guide bb to latch correctly? Cos personally I feel the brief session they had with us during the hospital stay is quite useless.. she jus say yeah bb can latch.. I oso noe bb can latch.. but shallow latch leh.. how to guide him to latch correctly is e issue ma.. and I din noe how badly he latches until we got discharged and my nipples started bleeding.. gosh.. my jamu massage lady saw my nipples and shook her head.. said so jialat oredi and I still persist on latching.. so she told me to take a break from latching todae.. but my nipples are still cracked and bleeding.. I gave in in the evening and latched my sleepy boy on one side.. still pain but bearable, not like the usual kind of pain where I feel like screaming.. but then, cannot continue like tat leh.. mus solve e issue once and for all.. but I dunno if getting the LC to help is worth the $$..