EDD May 2014 (maybe)

sherin86

Hi all mummies, haven been updating this forum but still got read about updates from mummies.. anw, just had my detailed scanning ytd, i am having a girl once again! haha.. but it seems that this is a shy girl.. LOL.. she always use her hand to cover her face.. if not, then turn her face away. naughty girl.. haha.. so excited!! which one of u mummies gg to deliver at mt a??

sherin86

After hospital tour at mount a, I still prefer TMC thou my previous experience is not too good there. ..
oh.. well, i think different hospital have their own pros and cons.. it depends on individual what are we looking for when we are going to stay there.. i think i will choose mt a.. find it quite reasonable price and the environment still okay... had real bad experience at TMC previously.. no way i m going back there.. haha..

sherin86

Sherin86, care to share ur experience at TMC?
oh well, i got shouted at when i was moving during my labour pain.. instead of comforting me (first time mum), the nurses shouted at me.. and when i m delivering, my hubby actually wanted to see the baby come out. but the nurse was so unfriendly and rude, telling my husband to hold my hands and stand beside me. press bell for assistance to go to the toilet, take ages to come.. in the end, its my hubby that assisted me.. haiz.. and i am paying a whopping 6k! for that kind of service? no way!

Tannie, I chose Thomson too. but still can't decide 1 bedded or 4 bedded. cos my sister told me that opt 4 bedded usually will have free upgrade to 2 bedded.
If 1 bedded, my husband can stay in with me too (not so lonely). heheh

How bout you, any advise ?

Lingz12

winniemint, the free upgrade from 4 bedder to 2 bedder may not always happen.. it depends on how crowded e hospital is.. so I guess shouldn't book a 4 bedder expecting to be upgraded to 2 bedder for free later.. if it does not happen, it's gg to b quite sad..

Tannie, u gg for 2 bedder? Last time I went for single bed.. This time round hubby maybe nt staying over since he gotta accompany my girl at home.. Then if im all alone, being in a single room seems sad too.. but if I book a 2 bedder, privacy will b compromised leh.. dilemma..

Tannie

Sherin86, no wonder... I think TMC is v money minded. Everyone who stayed at 1 bedded will tell u their svs is super.

I stayed at 2 bedded ward previously cause I m scare of being alone I the ward n I rather save the money since it's only for 2 nights. On the other hand I do not want to fight with others for toliet at 4 bedded ward n can be quite noisy.

In 2 bedded ward, how comfy is ur stay depends alot on ur neighbour. My neighbour snore v loudly at night as she dun do night feed, her manual breast pump is rather noisy in the morn but I am ok with that. My col experienced neighbours'guests stayed v late till midnight. ..

I still prefer the delivery suite in TMC, much more spacious. I would suggest mummies to join the hospital tour to make comparison. I think the feel is very impt. I felt more comfortable at TMC maybe because I am already familiar with the place.

One more point haha... Mount A has more eateries for ur hubby. There is a cafeteria, subway, sushi n Mr Bean. TMC only has a small cafeteria where food is ex n not nice and a small delifrance. My hubby always cross the overhead bridge to the coffee shop for zi char.

m0m0ko

:wong16::wong16::wong16:
Sherin86, no wonder... I think TMC is v money minded. Everyone who stayed at 1 bedded will tell u their svs is super.

I stayed at 2 bedded ward previously cause I m scare of being alone I the ward n I rather save the money since it's only for 2 nights. On the other hand I do not want to fight with others for toliet at 4 bedded ward n can be quite noisy.

In 2 bedded ward, how comfy is ur stay depends alot on ur neighbour. My neighbour snore v loudly at night as she dun do night feed, her manual breast pump is rather noisy in the morn but I am ok with that. My col experienced neighbours'guests stayed v late till midnight. ..

I still prefer the delivery suite in TMC, much more spacious. I would suggest mummies to join the hospital tour to make comparison. I think the feel is very impt. I felt more comfortable at TMC maybe because I am already familiar with the place.

One more point haha... Mount A has more eateries for ur hubby. There is a cafeteria, subway, sushi n Mr Bean. TMC only has a small cafeteria where food is ex n not nice and a small delifrance. My hubby always cross the overhead bridge to the coffee shop for zi char.
Oops~~ think I better get single bed. I snore very loudly :wrong16:

CharChia

I am giving birth at KKH...

by the way, any mothers keen on meeting up so that we can get to know one another... another benefit will be our child will jave a playmate in future...

shersy

anyway.. I am coming 24 weeks pregnant now and I am stomach is in pain most of the time cause it's stretching so much. not sure if this is round ligament pain? Anyone here facing the same issue as me? :(

anyway.. I am coming 24 weeks pregnant now and I am stomach is in pain most of the time cause it's stretching so much. not sure if this is round ligament pain? Anyone here facing the same issue as me? :(
I have been having some sharp pains occasionally too. I'm wondering if it's the stretching too, but it only happens for like 10 mins and then it's gone. I didn't tell my gynae about it cos everytime when i go visit him, i always forget about it.

Mummies here, this is also my second pregnancy. My first was a girl and my second now is also a girl! My first girl is now turning 17 months. She's heavy at her age; a whopping 13.7kg! And my gynae advised me not to carry her so often as he said we are more prone to having back injuries due to the weight load in front at my tummy now. So mummies who are still carrying their first, try to refrain from it. If not, old already our bones will be worse!

Just curious... Anyone delivering in Mount E?

JA13

Hi Mummies, mummysg app on samsung got error I cant view our thread at all! Dont knw what happened. I will be gg for hospital tour soon but think only at Gleneagles cos my gynae's clinic is there and he seems to only deliver there.. Talking abt the 1-bedded n etc, it makes sense to opt for 2-bedded in terms of money saving n etc. the price difference quite a lot, ard 1k+ and I heard if hubby stay overnight need to pay some extra also right?

Tannie

Perkyperky, my gal is 19 months n abt 11kg...recently she has become extremely sticky, keep wanting me to carry else she will cry loudly. Esp when we r outside, so v difficult not to carry her...

Lingz12

yeah JA13, the mummysg app on my samsung phone oso keeps hanging and exit with error a few days earlier.. so i either login with computer or jus login via internet on my phone instead of via the web.. but now it's ok again.. weird.. i dunno for gleneagles but for TMC, if hubby stay over will incur additional charge..

perkyperky, ur girl is heavy! haha.. mine coming to 16mths and about 10kg i oredi cannot take it.. i try not to carry her too cos get breathless v easy and back realli ache.. but sometimes she insist i carry i oso bo bian..

Tannie

JA 13, I hv same prob past few days, not able to read the comments on mobile. .. but now ok... siao siao one.

Yes, if hubby wana stay with u, need to pay extra around $80 per day for his meal even if he dun eat. Diff hospital charge differently.