EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Piglim

Now being strapped on CTG.. Cannot breathe properly man.. so breathless... 39weeks n 2 days Le.. No signs of baby wanting to come out.. Oh boy mayb I will end up like meltie --- after edd then bb come out???
So good.. Most of u r halfway or almost finishing ur confinement....

My son has been crying lately when he goes to sch.. Wasn't that bad previously.. Wonder if he really can feel bb is popping out??

How come grass jelly cannot eat? Err I ate few times Le..

As for e yam, ya I heard bout it too.. Anw we alrdy abstain from eating sashimi for the past 9-10mths wats another 1 more mth?

Grass jelly i think because too liang (cooling) thats why leh.. some even says watermelon also cannot eat..
Did you drink coconut drink? they say near birth drink coconut drink.. baby comes out cleaner.. haha i din buy the real coconut.. just drink the canned version.. i think my baby came out quite clean lah..

yah good to drink water.. i always drink when MIL never notice!! she only allow me drink the red date longan and milo.. she says her sis nv listen to her.. drink alot and face become swollen!! but i drink quite abit but i drink in sips lah.. not gulps.. my face slimmed down alot.. and anyway i was sweating like hell and i think need breastmilk must have water.. so yeah.. better drink water!! warm water will be good...

piglim jiayou!!! =)

Piglim

Just finished seeing the Gynae... Baby is 3.07kg alrdy.. N I m 2cm dilated... Hmm how long more will this be? Can it be possible that I can drag over edd?

miso

Congrats to those who have recently delivered!

Im halfway thru my confinement and cannot wait for it to end! I'm getting so sick of the confinement food from natal essentials. I on air con everyday, wear shorts and tee shirt. Have to wear bra coz I will leak so no choice. My milk supple came in on the 3rd day when I was due for discharged. Started to engorge but luckily LC came to visit and helped me to clear b4 I went home. Had engorgement on n off now but I mainly massaged it off.

Also had a sore n bleeding nipple which healed within a week with lots of cream. So I had to pump on one side n latch on the other. Bb also seems to be having a growth spurt and demands milk more frequently. Luckily I have expressed milk in the fridge so my MIL can feed her while I bathe with herbs and eat my confinement food. Sigh...

i went out a few times during my confinement coz bb had a bad case of jaundice so there was a lot of visits to the pediatrician. At one point she was admitted for phototherapy and I chose to stay in with her so that I can continue to breast feed. So technically the first half on my confinement passed very quickly. Hehe. Now to pass the next half...

Lingz12

Piglim:871413 said:
Just finished seeing the Gynae... Baby is 3.07kg alrdy.. N I m 2cm dilated... Hmm how long more will this be? Can it be possible that I can drag over edd?
Piglim.. it depends.. I was 1.5cm dilated and bb engaged at 39wks.. gynae said there's a chance bb will come out before edd.. so I went to walk, do squats and climb 14 storeys crazily.. bb din come.. he was induced on edd.. haha.. so it depends v much on the bb ya? Good luck!

diorly

I enjoyed my confinement very much.. lol. Nanny takes care of baby and household, while i jus chase online movie, eat and sleep n breastfeed baby when nanny carry him over.. lol i love confinement food! :D

CharChia

piglim, ya it depends on baby... for no.1 during my checkup when I wss 2 cm dilated, following week went back for checkup still the sane... lol... really depends on baby... keep talking to baby...

during confinement I also went out a few times... bring bb for jaundice checks, go back to my in-laws place and go have a simple mother's day dinner outside with my in-laws... lol

I m also sick of confinement food... keep eating the same thing and no more fancy food...

Can't wait for next week to arrive so that I can officially eat much nicer food... Go out with the children... n bath everyday...

Piglim

Huh... Serious... Charchia n lingz... ;(((

I was initially thinking whether I shld stop driving n also working but now shall continue to do so...
Lets see how bah

jeslow

I juz started my confinement last sat so still a long way to go manz..alrdy craving for those forbidden food liao..haha

Piglim, jia you ya..its pretty torturing to play the waiting game, hope u can have a gd rest before ur bb comes =)

Lingz12

Jiayou Piglim! I totally understd how frustrating the waiting game can be.. I took one week leave before edd tinking tat bb will arrive anytime soon.. in e end he didnt.. everyday I was like nagging and nagging at him to come out.. but I guess.. babies do hav a mind of their own, ya? ;)

Melancholy

I'm doing 30 days too. Still got 17 days till my confinement ends! And i finally get to bath today after 12 days. Really shiok!

I'm wearing shirt and shorts too. Plus slippers also. But sometimes will forget and step on the floor barefooted.

Cannot imagine this coming Friday after hubby go back to work how am i going to cope with 2?

Piglim

Think I m hving contractions now... Totally forgot how to time it n had to google to find out.. Haha...
Getting very frequent but not yet every 5 mins interval.. Hope I can last till morning.. Send my son to sch first...

meltie

Think I m hving contractions now... Totally forgot how to time it n had to google to find out.. Haha...
Getting very frequent but not yet every 5 mins interval.. Hope I can last till morning.. Send my son to sch first...
Wah piglim!!!!! Its ur turn!!!

Wah don't wait till 5 mins! 15min shld go in liao! Don't end up like me.. Super painful leh.. Too late for all the med to kick in..

Awaiting ur gd news!!

Jiayou mummies in confinement! mine sort of started proper for 2 days liao.. Hmm still alright.. Well i still wear normal pjs at home.. CL wants me to wear slippers , i wewr mostly except in my room , coz laminate flooring.. Hmm i bathed liao! Today only day 4! Haha bathed with herbs.. CL say can.. Anyway i felt better.. But for hair, she ask me to tahan as much as i can... I try loh.. I bind my hair up..and try not to sweat too much.. Getting hubby to help for #1.. Can't imagine what will happen when he goes back to work next week after his paternity leave ends.. Sigh.. Means i gotta take care of #1 as usual and feed #2 when CL pass to me.. Hope i got time to cope and pump and prevent my #1 frm touching all the pumps!

Hmm i am feeling alot of sounds and gas in my tummy.. Not sure if its the stool softener i tried taking as prescribed by gynae.. Like laxative man..pooped 3 times! Now still bubbling inside.. Haiz.. Painful to poop through the big bunch of inflammed piles.. :( cleaning up is not ez too...

My milk is slowly , v slowly kicking in i think.. Still afew mls per pump... I'm getting lazy... Pump only 3-4hrly... I feel engorged liao and painful and heavy but pump out only that little amount.. Wonder when i can see streams of milk shooting out.. Seems like they are stuck inside.. Wonder if inhave blocked nipples.. :/

Lingz12

Piglim:871468 said:
Yes Piglim.. dun wait too long.. 5min is too close for 2nd time mums.. unless u are planning to go all natural without pain relief.. my gynae told me to make my way once contractions are 10min apart so tat u hav time to request for epidural if u wish.. jia you jia you!

xiongmao

My little gal is finally discharged from hospital after 2 weeks of jaundice treatment! yay!
Yesterday was my first taste of night feeding...feeling like zombie now :(

I didn't keep to a strict confinement because I had to visit her in the hospital every day and I stopped eating ginger chicken with wine (my confinement diet) due to her jaundice

Last edited:

mothercat

hello all I'm an April mum but since the April thread kinda quiet, thought I come here instead.
Out of curiosity, when u ladies bathe with herb water, do you only use the herb water and not use running water from the shower hose at all? When I was doing confinement, I showered as usual minus hair washing, then used herb water to rinse through at the end of the shower.

miso

Tannie, I find the food alright. Some not bad in fact. But the soup is not to my taste. I still finish them thou to meet the fluid intake for breastfeeding. Portion wise a bit too much so I tend to have leftovers for hubby to eat. Haha... But after 2weeks of eating their food thou they rotate the menu on a weekly basis, I'm getting sick of the food already. Can't wait to eat food from the outside world.

anyway, any ideas on how to deal with colic? My bb seems to be having it. Been fussing a lot more n screams rather than cry sometimes. She also tend to spit up milk almost after every feed despite us burping her. She is also farting a lot. I'm getting worried.

Lingz12

mothercat:871576 said:
hello all I'm an April mum but since the April thread kinda quiet, thought I come here instead.
Out of curiosity, when u ladies bathe with herb water, do you only use the herb water and not use running water from the shower hose at all? When I was doing confinement, I showered as usual minus hair washing, then used herb water to rinse through at the end of the shower.
Hi mothercat! It's ok, sme of the may mummies oso delivered in april.. we are all here to share.. anyway.. my CL will boil e herb water in e morning but I usually bathe onli in evening after dinner.. so she said to add hot water from the water heater to the pail of herbal water (usually half full onli).. I am e opposite of u.. I bathe using the herbal water and rinse off using hot water frkm water heater.. haha..