EDD May 2014 (maybe)

jonart

Hi all, I have finished my confinement.just to share with u all:
Food :
I order meal delivery lunch and dinner from Natal Essential for 2 weeks- food ok,but longan drink
just taste longan.1 week min 3 x liver veggie or French beans.Taste look plain but ok.Soup ok portion sometime feel bland ,rice hard, can eat 2 adult.
after 2weeks I ordered chilli padi lunch only-dishes tastier then N E,looks more colour,portion 1.5 adult,
The container not easy to open.
I would advise if no helper,better the first 2 weeks order N.E and after that order from Chilli padi coz no need the hassle to wash.Can reheat microwave easily.

Full month celebration: celebrate 2 days.
I ordered Neo garden joins as member.Celebrate mini buffet of pax 15, for 14 pple.
food nice n portion ok has left over,curry not spicy ,oily , feel bloated after eating,dunno y so popular
And I ordered buffet for 40 pax( 38 adult include 9 kids), food nice,no left over except bee hoon n broccoli.
Order the blossom menu,teriyaki chicken ,tempura prawn,yam ring w prawn (yam fried n cut into rectangle) v fast finish.
2 hrs later guest can eat bee hoon n mango sauce fish (few pcs left over)only.
Sago honeydew so so, left over a lot.
Choco enclair very nice.
The portion of food r small,drink ,plate n cup not enuf.
Order the $88 package -30 eggs,30 ang ke n 50 mini cakes.
the eggs dye so ugly with patches, ang ke small n dull, skin v thick,mini cake butter cream thick n yuck.
Regretted order it.
I should have ordered from singapore mochi.com, the eggs r so nice decor and ang ke n all Kueh I order to try was
v nice skin a bit oily but looks shinning n colour bright red n fresh.(had ordered for my mini buffet)

Neo g. set up n clearing service guy (1 person do) was good n fast.

Cakes:
Member free lychee cake, cake nice under teapot under neo group.
So I order thy walnut cake for guests to bring back, taste good.
wanted to order sweetest moment, a lady I spoken too was nice, order 10 free 1 box.
I wanted to order 30. Next day I called she not in her desk another staff was rude.
So I fed up cancel d order.
Decided to order from teapot deliver the buffet together.
I prefer whole pc cake too,coz I hv friends with 2-3 kids,how thy going to share if
order 12 pcs small slice cakes with difference favour,comes with Swiss roll, brownie,cream puff,mochi...etc
dunno which to choose.
whole cake not so headache n walnut cake is healthy too.
I ordered melrose walnut cakes 9 yrs ago, very nice too.
Called em' thy no longer doing now.
I think some guest forgot to bring the cakes or absence I left with 6 boxes
of cake.Lucky is sponge cake no need keep in fridge n can last longer.

My baby boy from birth via C sect ( due to GBS and breech)at 37 weeks at 2.33 kg only and now 1 month old at 3.56kg....
Small bb is ok as long as healthy.
C sect was super painful.Choose natural birth if possible ( my past 2 were born natural)

Piglim

Woah joart, that was a very detailed n helpful information!

I m thinking of ordering my cakes from gin thye cake maker. Very traditional but that's what I want. - I also want whole cakes with Ang ku kueh n red eggs. For catering I n getting combo kitchen which I used then for my #1. The food is damn damn nice. Dunno is portion small or food too good alot of them took making helpings.. So this time using them again.

The deco my sis will be doing. Won't be a big party also.. Just very close friends n family members n relatives ;)

me so bored at hm..(now I know why u all say u r bored) Think I planned everything already now at hm dunno what to do. My room no tv so if I go living room n watch I will sweat like hell. In fact now my tummy got so much tiny red itchy rashes.. Due to sweat n all the heaty food... Urgh.. Only lost 5kg so far.. Still hv 8more kg to go... Wonder how long this will take.. My tummy still look like 6mths pregnant.

Hubby like cannot take it anymore cos he has to handle #1. Not much slp.. Think guys r damn lousy.. We hv been doing all these for the past 1/2 yrs.. Now they take over for a while already like want to fall sick... ;(

Piglim

Milk kicking in! So happy. But think unlike ssome of u my milk today (5th day) only combined both sides 60ml. That's Gd enuff for only 1 feed.

hubby just finished sun bathing baby.. Btw mummies ok, I kinda forgot, if I latched baby alrdy (at least 10mins on both sides) do I still need to pump?

For breakfast is it ok to eat bread with Nutella or cheese or peanut butter? My confinement lady cooked mee SuA for me yest but I dun hv the habit of eating noodle in e morning.. Whole day drink alot of longgan tea until now my throat also abit pain... Whole body ESP tummy flaring up with heat rash... Can't help scratching man...
I also started passing motion on the 3rd day - when I arrived hm ffrom hospital. Guess the sstil softener med I took in e med helps alot. But I hv been passing motion for quite a few times alrdy! Like 3/4 times ?!

jeerin

Do u all go back to the PD who sees to baby at the hospital for the first checkup? You all know roughly how much is the charges? And following checkups we can go polyclinic right?

Lingz12

Piglim:872035 said:
Milk kicking in! So happy. But think unlike ssome of u my milk today (5th day) only combined both sides 60ml. That's Gd enuff for only 1 feed.

hubby just finished sun bathing baby.. Btw mummies ok, I kinda forgot, if I latched baby alrdy (at least 10mins on both sides) do I still need to pump?

For breakfast is it ok to eat bread with Nutella or cheese or peanut butter? My confinement lady cooked mee SuA for me yest but I dun hv the habit of eating noodle in e morning.. Whole day drink alot of longgan tea until now my throat also abit pain... Whole body ESP tummy flaring up with heat rash... Can't help scratching man...
I also started passing motion on the 3rd day - when I arrived hm ffrom hospital. Guess the sstil softener med I took in e med helps alot. But I hv been passing motion for quite a few times alrdy! Like 3/4 times ?!
Haha.. Congrats! I tink initially my yield was worse than u lor.. jia you! It will go up v fast de as long as u latch or pump consistently! Hmm.. if u latch bb.. by right dun need to pump la.. cos it might lead to oversupply.. but I kiasu de.. I will pump after latch cos my boy dun empty my boobs wen he latch de.. I dun wan my supply to suffer in future.. more supply better than nt enuff leh.. so it's realli up to u.. but if ur girl latches like say every 1-2hrs.. I tink dun need pump ba.. e interval so short..

I oso dun realli like noodles for breakfast.. prefer bread.. but I dun put peanut butter or nutella.. she will fry egg with a slice of cheese or minced chicken with mayonnaise to go with bread.. but for my first confinement I go with peanut butter la.. so I tink shld b ok ba.. jus tat v heaty lor..

Lingz12

jeerin:872037 said:
Do u all go back to the PD who sees to baby at the hospital for the first checkup? You all know roughly how much is the charges? And following checkups we can go polyclinic right?
Yeah.. I went back to the PD who sees bb at hospital.. he is the same PD for my #1.. for me I prefer having PD see my babies at least for the first 6mths of their lives la.. cos tat's wen they are most fragile? More attention given as compared to polyclinic ba.. tat's my view la.. so I onli brought my #1 to polyclinic for her jabs after she hit 6mths.. as for charges.. I tink diff PD charges differently ba.. so it depends.. definitely more ex than polyclinics..

Piglim.. haha i totally LOL at yr comments on guys r damn lousy haha ok la.. then yr hubby will appreciate u more and know u r superwoman!!

Anyway for yr rash.. better dont scratch... try apply lotion.. else use the snake powder!!! I use that alot in confinement but away from bb... helps alot coz cooling cooling

miso

Omg 60ml is good enuf only for 1 feed? N ur baby is 5days old. I have been feeding my baby 50ml only n she is 20days old. So is she having enuf? On average I can pump 50ml on each side. Been trying to be consistent with my pumping. But sometimes I'm too sleepy n go more than 3 hrs without pumping. My baby latches on sometimes n sometimes my MIL bottle feed her my expressed milk.

Not sure if she is having enuf coz she keeps fussing in the day n doesn't sleep much. I'm not sure if she has colic or is just overtired. Sometimes she sleeps for 20mins n will start crying n seems to want to feed. I will latch her then she will drink some more then fall asleep then wake 20mins later wanting to feed again. I'm not sure if I'm under feeding her or is it colic or she just wants a pacifier or overtired or I really dunno. Help!

Piglim

Miso when my baby was discharged she was being fed 40ml. We got two sample bottles from the hospital n that was 60ml. When we fed her with that (my milk hasn't come in then) she finished everything! So we just keep it as 60ml lor. From what i know. When discharge normally u start with 35ml then every day add 5ml.. N see until how much e bb feel is enuff.. U may want to try increasing the milk so that u hv a gauge of how much to feed. If the bb keeps sticking tongue out or move mouth to search for ur nipple means the bb is not full. U prob need to top up.

anw mummies anyone of u experiencing great excruciating pain on ur spine. I dunno if it's the tailbone pain that some of u r talking about but e pain from my back all the way down to my backside was so pain I cldnt even move n get out from bed today. It was only after I laid down for half a day I was better. Dunno if it's e side effect of e epidural :((( my 1st delivery wasn't even like this. But heard 2nd delivery will b more sore n tk longer to recover. But in any case this pain is so bad I felt paralyzed :( tues meeting my Gynae gotta tell her my problem Le..

My parents said I need to lie on e bed as long as I can but its not possible with #1 n also when hubby falling sick n dozing off at e couch.

If baby hungry.. they hav that rooting reflex which i think is quite obvious.. if cry without that reflex.. likely is other issues.. also hav to see if bb arch back or pull up legs.. as that will signify bloatedness or tummy cramps..

Anyway my girl also had a period of time that she just cry n cry from 11pm to 1am.. very accurate one.. even she zzz soundly before tt.. she will wake up at 11pm sharp and fuss.. latch also dun wan.. bottle also dun wan.. pacifier dunno how to suck.. in the end.. till today i still dunno why.. we just brave thru that period.. which was i think within 2 weeks..

jonart

Hi Piglim, u stay in rm whole day? doing real confinemen? no fan,no shower?
I didn't do confinement.After I discharge the next day ,my 2nd boy has lung infection and mycoplasma,
fever 39 deg,has to bring him shower every 4 hrs,midnight monitor him n feed bb.Also has to be careful
that his serious coughing won't spread bb.He was sick for 3 weeks,do confinement with me,no sch and no exam.

I can't tahan sweat,or sit still.Hired a maid but she wants go Agt before I birth.
Anyway dun like maid too.

Men r not born multi task,my hb too ,but help a little better than none.

Miso when my baby was discharged she was being fed 40ml. We got two sample bottles from the hospital n that was 60ml. When we fed her with that (my milk hasn't come in then) she finished everything! So we just keep it as 60ml lor. From what i know. When discharge normally u start with 35ml then every day add 5ml.. N see until how much e bb feel is enuff.. U may want to try increasing the milk so that u hv a gauge of how much to feed. If the bb keeps sticking tongue out or move mouth to search for ur nipple means the bb is not full. U prob need to top up.

anw mummies anyone of u experiencing great excruciating pain on ur spine. I dunno if it's the tailbone pain that some of u r talking about but e pain from my back all the way down to my backside was so pain I cldnt even move n get out from bed today. It was only after I laid down for half a day I was better. Dunno if it's e side effect of e epidural :((( my 1st delivery wasn't even like this. But heard 2nd delivery will b more sore n tk longer to recover. But in any case this pain is so bad I felt paralyzed :( tues meeting my Gynae gotta tell her my problem Le..

My parents said I need to lie on e bed as long as I can but its not possible with #1 n also when hubby falling sick n dozing off at e couch.
Piglim
Yr pain is ongoing?? Or after u sit for a long while??
Rest well k... and do update us after u see yr gynae!!

Piglim

Jonart, I don't really stay in room whole day cos over the wkend got visitors so still hv to show face n entertain.. But when I do hv my "me" time I lie on e bed. Use my phone or read things etc. real confinement? Hmm not exactly cos I use herbal water to bathe n cool boiled water to wash hands face etc. twice I had accidentally washed my hands using tap water. N I wear shorts n sleeveless once but I do wear my socks n room slippers. Really sweating buckets but just tolerate lor.. My room is air conditioned at 25 degrees. Water wise I just drink flask n flask of longgan tea. Haven't washed my hair also.

Mummypris my pain is ongoing.. Yesterday was the first time I experienced it. I tot after lying down half day yesterday I was fine alrdy but last night it hit me just as hard. I cldnt slp at all. The pain was really bad.. If really can't tahan will have painkillers given from doc. This morning also difficult to get off the bed. The pain is worst at my tummy area-guess that's the womb. Dunno is it caused by the previous day when I wiped my body with cool boiled water n came out of the room naked for that spilt seconds to dress. If really then old wives tales although not proven shld really listen. ;( it's so bad I hope none of u r experiencing this. I really feel paralyzed.

Can check with u all, at 5th day still is ur tummy round n "hard"? I recalled when I had my #1, my tummy like deflated n was soft n lumpy.. But now it's like I still hv a baby! I told hubby this roundness can't be due to fats?!?! Later having my 1st massage n I wonder if I can even endure the massage going by the pain I m having now.

CharChia

Jonart, I dont't really stay in room whole day cos over the wkend got visitors so still have to show face n entertain.. But when I do have my "me" time I lie on e bed. Use my phone or read things etc. real confinement? Hmm not exactly cos I use herbal water to bathe n cool boiled water to wash hands face etc. twice I had accidentally washed my hands using tap water. N I wear shorts n sleeveless once but I do wear my socks n room slippers. Really sweating buckets but just tolerate .. My room is air conditioned at 25 degrees. Water wise I just drink flask n flask of longgan tea. have not't washed my hair also.

Mummypris my pain is ongoing.. Yesterday was the first time I experienced it. I thought after lying down half day yesterday I was fine alrdy but last night it hit me just as hard. I cldnt sleep at all. The pain was really bad.. If really can't tahan will have painkillers given from doc. This morning also difficult to get off the bed. The pain is worst at my tummy area-guess that's the womb. dont know is it caused by the previous day when I wiped my body with cool boiled water n came out of the room naked for that spilt seconds to dress. If really then old wives tales although not proven shld really listen. ;( it's so bad I hope none of you r experiencing this. I really feel paralyzed.

Can check with you all, at 5th day still is your tummy round n "hard"? I recalled when I had my #1, my tummy like deflated n was soft n lumpy.. But now it's like I still have a baby! I told hubby this roundness can't be due to fats?!?! Later having my 1st massage n I wonder if I can even endure the massage going by the pain I m having now.

Once u start your massgae, the round and hard tummy should be gone... so dun worry... mine was like that too... and my mum was saying looks like i m still pregnant with a baby...

Lingz12

Yeah.. e round and hard tummy is due to wind retention during pregnancy.. tat's wat both my gynae and massage lady says.. I have finished my 7 sessions massage last week.. now tummy is more of flabby than hard.. and the days post delivery, I tink I let out a lot a lot a lot of wind.. hahahaha..

Tannie

Miso, ur baby might have nipple confusion. If not she might prefer the flow from bottle thn latch directly. That is why I do not want to start bottle feed so early.

My gal also having bad habit of drinking half full thn stay awake n wana drink again after a while. Sometimes I just delay feeding her by asking some other pple to carry her. When she is more hungry, she will suck more n go to sleep. Sometimes she fuss while latching, I also duno why n how... tht's also why I hate breastfeeding. My 2 gals r equally problematic. .. I am going to preserve for 1 more month thn bottle feed exclusively. .. really running out of patient...

piglim
Oh dear.. your pain sounds really bad!! erm.. better check with your gynae tomorrow!! I hope it is just uterus contraction or something at your tummy pain and not erm.. something left inside.. you know sometimes got such stories lor..

anyway mummies who do the massage.. if your tummy flatten after massage and within the 1st couple months.. do try to do some exercise to keep it that way!! haha i sad lor.. my tummy flatten very fast.. and by confinement end.. i was slimmer than before pregnant.. and then got fatter and fatter after that esp after start work.. haha buay tahanz.. i dunno why.. i mean i take care of my girl myself at home after confinement.. i dun really get to eat junk food.. the only diff is probably drinking teh-O when i get the chance.. and when i start work.. i also never get to eat more.. but my whole tummy suddenly become flabby and droopy... i was half suspecting inside fall apart because i carry LO too much hahaa

miso

Bo bian. I had a bleeding nipple when she was 1 week old. So I had to pump from that side and can only latch on the other. As she was admitted for phototherapy, I stayed with her so I can pump n latch at the hospital. Everything was fine till she got discharged. Coz at hospital the nurses will syringe feed her. At home I syringe feed her once. She struggled like mad. Then my MIL tried and in the end she used bottle. From then on my baby is being fed from bottle n direct latching. Sigh.

I wonder if I can try to train bb to latch properly again. She can latch properly but dun seem to be sucking like what she used to be doing. So my boobs dun feel as empty. N i can feel my milk supply suffering. So I'm trying to pump consistently every 3hours to maintain n hopefully build up my supply. Also, we had to introduce a pacifier as she was fussing the whole day. Now once we pop in the pacifier n swaddle her, she will knock out within mins. Then she will spit out the pacifier. So now the nipple confusion is worse. I dun mind pumping exclusively n bottle feeding her from now on. But how are we supposed to bring her out in the future?

Cant be we bring the expressed milk out in a chiller bag then gotta bing warm water in an insulator bag n warm the milk for her? Aiyo. If she can latch properly then good. just bring diaper bag and when feeding time comes around, just look for nursing room to feed.

Btw, I'm using NUK teats n pacifier, hopefully it's shape will reduce her nipple confusion?

thanks for all u mummies help so far! Really appreciate it. I'm first time mummy so worried bout lots of things. My hubby was saying if she really nipple confusion then at most when we bring her out, we use formula n feed breast milk using bottle at home.