EDD May 2014 (maybe)

CharChia

seems like alot of us struggling with no.1 n no.2...

my no.1 although she can self entertain herself, she has also become sticky to me... if she sees me carry no.2, she also wants me to carry no.1... then when she realise no one looking after no.2 sleeping n no one watching her, she will go over to no.2 crawl over him, "beat" him n do all sort of things to wake him up or make him cry... my mil at home also like not at home... she doesn't really help me even if she hears both crying.... either busy talking on the phone or playing hp game... tell her i go make milk or go toilet ask her help me look after that or carry no.2, she will reply orh but go back to her phone n ignore them...

nowadays i also keep crying n keeping telling my hubby i die with the kids better... no burden to him, no need to be stress... he keeps thinking i very free alot of time to rest cox his mum say i always sleeping n keep letting bb cry... then we will end up in quarrel... so sianz... My sil who has a miscarriage is having better treatment than me... luckily i still can run back to my parent's place for a breather else i dunno what i will really do to myself and children...

Now can't wait for them to faster grow up and things will be better...

jonart

Hi big baby king,my bb same as urs. He was born C sect 37 wks only 2.3kg so everyone over pamper
and keep carry him.After 1mth he zzz 10-15mins only and is very stress for me.If I carry him to zzz he can
sleep for hours but I can't do anything.It was very stress.I bought yao lan,auto type, but he doesn't want to zzz too.
Put him yao lan his eyes open big big ....as if is his play time,bouncing game??
1st x encountered bb dun want sleep yao lan...!!!
Have put him in a bouncer/rocker,he zzz short time too and depends on his mood.
He wants to have someone beside him and he is super light sleeper.

My other 2 boys enjoy sleep in yao lan,can sleep for hours.
Is so much easy to take care when they sleep in yao lan.
I think each baby is difference.

Last edited:

Tannie

Jiayou charchia. My gal also v fussy, she dun like to be cradle, she wan to be carried upright, pat n shake. Plus cannot sit down, thr moment I sit down she fuss liao. She so troublesome until my mum n sis also dun wana carry her. Now my arms n wrist r damm painful n sore... can't wait to go back to work ... haiz.

somemore she dun like to be in carrier or sling. My #1 always sleep comfortably in both when going out but this #2 will fuss when I sit down, so difficult to hv meal in peace.

CharChia

ya can never have meal in peace... I think now only my parent's maid can tahan no.2... back at my mum's place he super quiet and will sleep properly... so for this week I stay at my mum's place, he sleeps in the maid room and the maid take care at night... guess wbat he slept through the entire night... from 10pm to 6.30am... reallt bully the mummy...

bigbabyking

Hi big baby king,my bb same as urs. He was born C sect 37 wks only 2.3kg so everyone over pamper
and keep carry him.After 1mth he zzz 10-15mins only and is very stress for me.If I carry him to zzz he can
sleep for hours but I can't do anything.It was very stress.I bought yao lan,auto type, but he doesn't want to zzz too.
Put him yao lan his eyes open big big ....as if is his play time,bouncing game??
1st x encountered bb dun want sleep yao lan...!!!
Have put him in a bouncer/rocker,he zzz short time too and depends on his mood.
He wants to have someone beside him and he is super light sleeper.

My other 2 boys enjoy sleep in yao lan,can sleep for hours.
Is so much easy to take care when they sleep in yao lan.
I think each baby is difference.

Inoart: in the end i did not buy yaolan... rocker..depends on her mood also. if she is happy, fell asleep in 10-15 mins. now happy, eyes big big for 2 hours and in between carrying to be carried or someone to talk/play with her... almost sticking to me tightly in the day and night until midnight... how to do things and give myself of break...very xiong... i am still looking for baby sitter...worse case in law to take care (then i will become weekend parent =(( ) sianz....

jonart

My friend told me when bb reach 6mths shld be better.I hope so...
everyday counting,hopes he faster grow up.
Can the baby sitter or ur in laws tahan he so sticky?
Unless over there has other helper if not they will get frustrated.

jadeite

Hi, anyone interested in joining May 2014 mummies fb group? please give me your fb email address so we can add you... cheers

meltie

Hi all! Just caught up on the thread abit.. I'm up pumping.. Zzz

Life has been tough handling a toddler n a newborn! Multiple meltdowns a day.. I try to relax bit sometimes just cry w them.. #1 has become super possessive n attention demanding.. Cries for every little thing like a baby.. And she fusses when she is unhappy and escalates to screaming n whining that goes on n on whole night.... Talk to her ask her why n ask her to stop.. Touch her also no use.. Will just make her moee agitated.... Maybe its a transition of learning to share attention w meimei? Plus terrible 2! Sighh when #2 cry, she will make a mess or cry too.. She wants to drink too.. Sonetimes she fuss n grabs my legs refuse to let me move to carry meimei/change diaper/take milk! She's akso especially sticky to hubby.. Don't allow him to go into kitchen, change clothes, go toilet , even eat! She will scream n scream! Guess what all these fussing wakes #2 up! #2 also wants to be carried.. I'm having a hard time juggling plus cooking n cleaning..... Everyday is a battle n i am sleep deprived... Totally no time for myself..

My maid should be coming end of this mth.. Hubby gg away for a month in aug.. Sigh hope the maid can help .. Can't imagine both bubs sticking to me.. Worse timings are mornings, lunch, nap, dinner n bedtimes! All clash is jialat one.. #1 will cry when i attend to #2.. She wants me to lie dwn w her but i need to feed #2.. She will scream loh.. My neighbors are gonna complain me soon.. Sounding like child abuse here.. Haha..

Jiayou mummies! If i can hang on for almost a mth after confinement, alone w 2 bubs.. U can too., just how insane only lol....

Feeling all guilty for #2 though.. Keep putting her dwn after a feed , let her self settle alone in loving rm while i busy w #1 whole day.. I nv talk or play much w her.. Got playgym oso nv set up.. Worried #1 will hurt her.. Dun even have time to out her on tummy.. Sigh i just can't find a time!! :(

Piglim

Hi mummies.. Yeah can see the thread getting quieter now. ESP most of us being second time mummies..
My life has been well, quite manageable though super exhausting. I barely get to slp for 4 hrs a day.
If u all hv read my earlier posts, when I was dough my confinement, my son was practically crying the whole day in school, so much so until the teachers requested that I change to half day or temp stop him from going to sch. Well, was abit cold hearted but really didnt hv a choice so I didn't change to half day not stop him from sch. Anw after my confinement ended, he miraculously resumed to normal, was happy going to school n even waved goodbye to me! So since then things r alot better. While my son is in sch I was able to "rest" n spend time with my daughter. However I realised maternity leaves ain't really rest time for mummies.. There r like 101 things to settle n do at hm despite hving people to look after the child. I hv to contact air con guy to service the aircon, plan for the haircut for my daughter, arrange photography session for my daughter...etc.. And now I n left with only 2 weeks before I go back to work again. Thank god there's taobao cos now I do my shopping mostly via the Internet. Where got time to go out n shop?! It's not a bad thing anyway cos they r relatively cheaper n nicer also. -I bought a trolley school bag for my son, work clothes for myself n 4 pair of shoes!! Haha

Anw mummies, i realised taking newborn pics (less than 3 mths) for the baby is simply adorable! I got chubbyfeet to do homeshots n boy I had fun! Bought e package via groupon mths before I delivered so it was a Gd bargain. But if u all keen better do it before ur child turns 3mths!

so anw now that my son goes to sch he comes hm hungry-finishes his dinner, n by 830 falls aslp. So that's when I bring my daughter in to the room. But becos my that mil makes her slps the whole day, when it comes to night she is wide awake. N I end up not getting enuff rest. I dream feed my son so things r still quite ok. During wkends, I handle both in e morning.. While hubby slps till 10am (except on times when I really dun even get to slp at night hubby still nice enuff to wake up n handle e older one. Now I m still under maternity at night I handle both while he gets to slp thou slp is interrupted with cries from #2. I m practically so dead tired there is no time for sex. Haha. I really wonder how I will manage once I start work but shall let nature takes it course bah.

as for my tummy sigh I really hv diastasis recti spilt so there is still a pouch n tummy tat looks 2/3nths pregnant. I hv another 3-4kg to lose but actually I m quite skinny overall. This this makes me really upset. I went to sign up for a private session Pilates-cos that's the only exercise apart from yoga that can help me lessen the muscle spilt. My Gynae even said my skin so so stretch the only solution is to go from a tummy tuck! :(((( but I won't go to that extreme cos hubby doesn't wanna see me on a hospital bed anymore. Thinking back of my cyst operation is even to make me shiver.

Anw having kids in sg is really alot of $$. Of cos it's by choices la but u know have to buy hospital plan life plan endowment plan photography haircut pd visits.... All these I think I hv already issued $16000-$18000 of cheques in total already. But well at least I know my kids r well n sufficiently covered alrdy.

How r the rest of u managing?

meltie I m so glad u getting a maid. I really don't know how can u handle alone with two. I think just by washing the clothes can tired u down alrdy! Do tk care of urself n hopefully ur maid can cook then u won't go hungry. Try to familiarize her with the coffeeshop / market etc so when u r lazy or buzy just get the maid to go n buy. Cons are maids normally will shop or roam or chit chat but we don't hv a choice so hv to close one eyes sometimes.

xiongmao

I agree with Piglim. I hardy had much rest during the maternity leave. It seems like there is 101 things to do and 24 hrs is simply insufficient!

I went to Oz to deliver my bb gal becos both my hubby and I are oz pr and by delivering there she will automatically become oz citizen. My hubby arranged for me to stay at his younger sis place in Oz when I was in my late second trimester. It was really tough staying there during summer time when weather was so hot and dry. Back in spore I get to sleep with aircon every night. Over there, I had to sleep with just a fan and despite switched it to full blast, it was churning hot air. There were also other discomfort and problems I had to endure all alone there.

Finally my mil arrived in oz on the day I delivered, I thought life will improve with her help but no, it didn't. My sis in law monopolised her mother to take care of her 1.5yr old son. My hubby returned to spore after my confinement. Life was terrible without him, I had to look after my bb gal round the clock all by myself. She simply refused to sleep at times and demanded to be carried all the time. The min I put her down on the bed, she will wail. It can go on for few hours. My back was aching so badly, my arms and hand as well.

I could not take it anymore and asked my hubby to come fetch us back to spore. Altho its still tough for me to look after her by myself at home but at least my hubby is around in the evening to help me and he helps me with night feeds too. It was so hellish in oz doing everything by myself 24/7

I

Tannie

Hang on ladies, hppe everything will get better.

Tht's y whenever my col said it's so nice to have 4 months maternity leave, I will tell them it's not 4months of rest but torture.

I went back to stay over at my in law hse over the weekend. .. getting the kids to get use to it slowly before we move back from my mum hse. It's really a sleepless night. #2 cannot sleep till 1am. Both hubby n me cannot sleep well because the bed is too squeezy for us with#1. Whenever #2 wake up, I so worry she will wake #1 up .... so glad to return to my mum hse, at least got my mum n sis to entertain both kids n I can rest for a while. I cannot imagine how things will be when we shift to our own hse in sept.

Piglim

Hi all mummies! How have u gals been coping?
I will be starting work next Wednesday.. No choice one of the staff leaving need to handover.
Anw.. Life has been quite ok.. I still feel like my #2 is being left out as compared to my #1. When I had #1, I was with him 24 hrs a day.. Now uring my maternity leave, I go out for hair cut, run errands (not like I want to buy I needed to) clear my clothings (cos I no longer can wear them alrdy due to the bloated tummy I still hv..) sigh I signed up for Pilates.. And it's been 2 weeks. Well, can't expect it to be magic afterall the instructors said my diasasis recti spilt is quite large.. So while I m loving how tone my arms n legs r.. My tummy is hideous ;((((( I really wonder when I can go back to normal (if that's even possible) sighhh...

my baby seems to be having some strange habits.. She is hungry n her mouth keeps moving left right left right while I keep trying to push my nipple in her mouth.. -- is this nnipple confusion? The thing is, she latches well majority of the time but there will be once or twice when she does this and scream her lungs out... Anyone experiencing this?

prayinghard

Hi all mummies, can I join this thread? I give birth in April but the April thread seem not flowing at all. I would like to ask if you all have started the usual intercourse with your Dear hubby? How do you feel? I am a first timer and feeling pain and dry and not really enjoying or reaching orgasm. Even when my dh want to touch my breast I will also feel pain due to breastfeeding. Am I abnormal? I worry my dh will get sick of it if I continue to be like that. Hope to hear from mummies here. Thanks in advance.

Piglim

Hi praying hard, haha well I m a second time mummy. No time to have intercourse man once u hv second child. Haha

but for my 1st pregnancy, I only started to "enjoy" after 5th mth later. Even if u out lubricant u will still feel pain. Only when u going to start having ur menses then ur whole system will be back to normal. But of cos for now u have to keep trying.. Will be painful.. But I n sure ur hubby will understand so not to worry la. ;)

prayinghard

Hi piglim, no wonder I put the preseed and will still feel quite dry and pain. Hmm my menses still not yet come and I like abit phobia now. Hope things will get better soonest