Edd Nov 2010

PTB7476

------------------
alamak...yr boy growing ok ma...my girl reaching 5 months not even 7kg yet...faintz...she also has many stunts to refuse her mlik...like pushing away her bottle...closing her mouth tightly and refusing any milk to go in..turn her head here and there just to refuse milk...or must simply split it out..u need a lot of patience to feed her.......

So i decided to wean her off on her 5 mth...start abit of cereal only...one teaspoon initially to let her get started..she seems ok with it...make alot of sounds while eating...might be good for her la..cos she is considered small size for her age..
My boy also alot of stunts recently until he lost some weight haiz he can twist and turn bite the teats or tok haiz
Sometime have to feed and stop then continue later or else wait Til he is really hungry then feed.

I have yet to start on solid but the other day let him lickthe apple and he seem to be interested haha

P4nic

sighz.. mine also refuse to drink milk.. how ah? sometimes can drag till like 5 hrs give her milk like give poison.. tried giving her frisocrem she took it initially but after a while start to push all out of her mouth.. either that or play with the cereal in her mouth. i intend to try mix brown rice with milk this coming weekend.. nowadays she dun wan drink milk.. saw the milk bottle then keep crying.. having a hard time to take care of her and working at same time.

PTB7476

sighz.. mine also refuse to drink milk.. how ah? sometimes can drag till like 5 hrs give her milk like give poison.. tried giving her frisocrem she took it initially but after a while start to push all out of her mouth.. either that or play with the cereal in her mouth. i intend to try mix brown rice with milk this coming weekend.. nowadays she dun wan drink milk.. saw the milk bottle then keep crying.. having a hard time to take care of her and working at same time.
Woah urs only 4 month + and u started on solid ... What is friscrem?

IMHO I guess they are on playful phase where play is more impt than food guess the only solution is patience
Anyway that's my guess...

-------------
mine also like that....refuse to drink her milk...the only thing i can do is have patience lo..play with her...let her flip flip liao..then when she is hungry then guai guai drink her milk lo..i tried brown rice cereal mixed with bm..she seems ok with it...but its only the testing phase for me to see if she is allergic to solid food or not before i start solid food for her when she reach 6 months...cos my pd ask me to start her on cereals..roots and fruits...she tell me every five days give her the same kind of food to ensure that she has no allergy before moving on to the next one...

ya its sometimes fustrating when i have bring work back to home and taking care of her at the same time..its fine when she is sleeping..but when she is awake..she will scream for attention when no one pei her to play after she is bored playing by herself...but then when u see her smiling and laughing..it helps to destress u from work too..haha

Edwinie

hello! our little ones are getting older. anyone wants to have a get together this coming nov when our precious ones are about 1 year old? :001_302:

alstars

Hi all mummies,

I have missed alot of latest news here, have been too busy with work and travelling here and there, very tired..Btw, my travel here means from my wrkplace-> my mum's hse->my hse everyday..Hee..I have started working 1 mth ago, my mum is the main caregiver, helping to look after my boy on Sun night to Fri evenings. Everyday same routine, after work I will go to my mum's house to help to take care for few hours (usually till 9+/10+, make him sleep then go home) while let my mum rest for that few hours. It can be very tiring coz by the time i reach home is ald 11pm and by the time i bathe and prepare to slp, its past midnight le..
I will miss my boy of course, sometimes how i wish i stay near my mum's hse.. :(

My boy went for his vaccination 2 weeks ago and he was only 7kg, I thought that he is quite heavy le but saw that some of the babies here are more heavier at 5th month. According to the nurse, my boy belongs to the 50th percentile so I think still ok bah. He is drinking 160mls (without putting powder) and I have stopped breastfeeding last month due to my work commitment, feel sad about this, hope my boy can understand in future. Wondering is my boy drinking too little? He still do regurgitate milk occassionally, don't know is it ok? Coz i thought they should not regurgitate too much as they grow up..
Any mummies have start their baby on cereal? Is it ok to start at 5th month? Can we give baby drink Barley drink? My mum says can give barley drink before babies go for vaccination coz barley is 'liang' mah, it will help them won't get fever, don't know is it true.

My hubby and I intend to bring my boy overseas after he turns 1 yr old coz now he is still young..Though I wanted to go for a trip so much but if ask me to go for a trip without my boy, i can't bear to do it leh, i know i will miss him alot de..hee..I have yet to do passport for him, will do it after he turns 6 mths old bah coz now think he still likes to look around and can't sit still de..lol

My boy can flip over both sides at 4mth+ le, so happy and I have took photos and videos, and uploaded to FB too..All mummies, ya, we should have a FB group so that we can share our babies photos and chat whatever we want.
Let me know if anyone has already created a FB group, i want to join too! :)

Edwinie

Pm me ur email for fb group. =)

We gave Barley water since my boy was 3 months old. I don't think it will be a prob. I've not start on cereal yet. Probably this week. Ah boy just got his jab yesterday, so better wait a few more days before I start. My son's weight is around your child's weight. 50 percentile. Just nice but I think he don't drink enough.. But he is considered tall at 75 percentile. I try to force him drink more milk but he don't want means he don't want. Each session maximum he drink is 100ml. Headache. Need feed a lot of times!

Haiz.. Going to start work soon.. Hopefully I can have enough time for him.. U seem to spend very little time with your child.. I can empathize with u.. Told my husband, if either one of us cannot give ah boy at leas 3 hours a day, one of us must let go out career. This means not to quit but find a less taxing job.. I feel like just stay home give tuition. But it wll be a waste of my degree cert. >.< question mark question mark. Still thinking.

alstars

Pm me your email for facebook group. =)

We gave Barley water since my boy was 3 months old. I dont't think it will be a prob. I've not start on cereal yet. Probably this week. boy just got his jab yesterday, so better wait a few more days before I start. My son's weight is around your child's weight. 50 percentile. Just nice but I think he dont't drink enough.. But he is considered tall at 75 percentile. I try to force him drink more milk but he dont't want means he dont't want. Each session maximum he drink is 100ml. Headache. Need feed a lot of times!

sigh.. Going to start work soon.. Hopefully I can have enough time for him.. you seem to spend very little time with your child.. I can empathize with you.. Told my husband, if either one of us cannot give boy at leas 3 hours a day, one of us must let go out career. This means not to quit but find a less taxing job.. I feel like just stay home give tuition. But it wll be a waste of my degree cert. >.< question mark question mark. Still thinking.

Hi Edwinie,

Thanks, I will try and give barley water to my boy coz now he seems heaty now..He very sweat alot very easily and now he got rashes on his neck and back, worried for him. Your boy drink 100mls each time, so i guess his next feed will be less than 3 hrs? My boy is the opposite, he can finish whatever amount of milk I make for him and won't stop but end up he will regurgitate some milk out. I try to reduce his feed sometimes, hope that he won't regurgitate. Somehow it helps a little.

You have not go back to work? You took more leave to take care of baby? So when u go back to work, who will help to look after your boy? Ya, my time with him everyday during weekdays is like 3 hrs only and weekends will be more..Am trying to spend more time with him as possible but I can only take half day leave every 2/3 weeks to acc him. Thats the best I can do for him..

I assume you are a teacher/lecturer? Ya, it will be very wasted if u just gave home tuition when u have a degree but I do have friends quit their job and tk care of their baby till they are 2-3 yrs old then they will go out and look for a better, higher paid job again, but also provided that hubby alone can support the whole family for the 1st few years else it can be really tough on the husband.

Don't worry, I believe u will work out something and try to spend more time with your boy de.
btw, I PM you my email add already. Hope to hear from you soon ya. :Dancing_wub:

Edwinie

Hi Edwinie,

Thanks, I will try and give barley water to my boy coz now he seems heaty now..He very sweat alot very easily and now he got rashes on his neck and back, worried for him. Your boy drink 100mls each time, so i guess his next feed will be less than 3 hrs? My boy is the opposite, he can finish whatever amount of milk I make for him and won't stop but end up he will regurgitate some milk out. I try to reduce his feed sometimes, hope that he won't regurgitate. Somehow it helps a little.

You have not go back to work? You took more leave to take care of baby? So when u go back to work, who will help to look after your boy? Ya, my time with him everyday during weekdays is like 3 hrs only and weekends will be more..Am trying to spend more time with him as possible but I can only take half day leave every 2/3 weeks to acc him. Thats the best I can do for him..

I assume you are a teacher/lecturer? Ya, it will be very wasted if u just gave home tuition when u have a degree but I do have friends quit their job and tk care of their baby till they are 2-3 yrs old then they will go out and look for a better, higher paid job again, but also provided that hubby alone can support the whole family for the 1st few years else it can be really tough on the husband.

Don't worry, I believe u will work out something and try to spend more time with your boy de.
btw, I PM you my email add already. Hope to hear from you soon ya. :Dancing_wub:
my boy drinks very often. we record the time and amount he drink each time. the page is filled with many times because he feed so often! lucky he can sleep 5 hours straight at night.. sometimes, if we bring him out for shopping or for a walk, he doesn't drink at all for more than 3 hours! he seems to have forgotten that he is hungry... >.<

i'm still in university. just finished my exams so going to start internship. then another term and i will graduate. i'm so happy to get into this internship because it's directly related to my major and can propel me to the career i want. so now i have 2 weeks to spend with my boy..

my mother-in-law helps me take care of him. she worked at infant care and was taking infant care lessons to qualify for the job. so i have no worries for my boy to be with her! even for weaning and food for kids, she said she learnt before. so my heart is at ease every time i need to go school or meetings.

after ah boy was born, for the next 2 months, i manage to accumulate over 20 bottles of breastmilk. after i start school, with all the stress and irregular pumping, now i have zero reserves. what i pump is what he needs now. soon, he will need milk powder... >.< once i start internship i think will be worse! thinking of giving up. then my mum say she feel heart pinch for me. lol! she wants me to continue. i also want! but circumstances very hard...

your friends are very lucky to be able to get a higher paying job after stopping work for 2-3 years. i heard those who stop for quite some time have difficulty getting a job or even get the same pay where they left off.. if i pursue my career, it's not for money only but for the sense of achievement as i progress up the corporate ladder.. that's y i'm very torn between career and family. it's more than earning money for me... haiz. decisions, decisions.

belbelove

Pm me ur email for fb group. =)

We gave Barley water since my boy was 3 months old. I don't think it will be a prob. I've not start on cereal yet. Probably this week. Ah boy just got his jab yesterday, so better wait a few more days before I start. My son's weight is around your child's weight. 50 percentile. Just nice but I think he don't drink enough.. But he is considered tall at 75 percentile. I try to force him drink more milk but he don't want means he don't want. Each session maximum he drink is 100ml. Headache. Need feed a lot of times!

Haiz.. Going to start work soon.. Hopefully I can have enough time for him.. U seem to spend very little time with your child.. I can empathize with u.. Told my husband, if either one of us cannot give ah boy at leas 3 hours a day, one of us must let go out career. This means not to quit but find a less taxing job.. I feel like just stay home give tuition. But it wll be a waste of my degree cert. >.< question mark question mark. Still thinking.

Join me into the FB group too!! Let's have a november mommies gathering soon!

PTB7476

hello! our little ones are getting older. anyone wants to have a get together this coming nov when our precious ones are about 1 year old? :001_302:
haha...you sure plan in advance... our little one are around 4-5 months old only and you want to plan something 7 months later haha

PTB7476

Hi Edwinie,

yah the weather these day quite hot...mine also having heat rash haiz...

Edwinie

haha...you sure plan in advance... our little one are around 4-5 months old only and you want to plan something 7 months later haha
every one busy ma! so must book early early!

i'm thinking of a celebration in nov for all our babies' birthday. pot luck style. then have a big birthday cake.

kiv. still too early to plan. lol!

eurostar

sure ...maybe can organise a mini birthday party for nov baby :)
we can organise a mini meet up to know each other better too ....

Edwinie

sure ...maybe can organise a mini birthday party for nov baby :)
we can organise a mini meet up to know each other better too ....
yupyup!

i'm thinking of organising earlier. but i'm more towards letting our kids interact with one another. i read somewhere that they will know how to interact at about 10 months. i can't remember. first time mum so i don't know much of chid development. so 1 year old is the safest i think. and can celebrate for all babies too!

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
my baby just completed 10 lessons of swimming (rather playing inside water) @BabySpa.. so just sign another 20 lessons. Expensive water.. Hehe...
Anyone also sign up the package?

Edwinie

my baby just completed 10 lessons of swimming (rather playing inside water) @BabySpa.. so just sign another 20 lessons. Expensive water.. Hehe...
Anyone also sign up the package?
i feel that it's a rip off. so expensive! i tried it once.. not worth the money.. the float they sold at $50! I can find it elsewhere at around $10.

My friend gave me this link:

Your Baby Can Swim

i'm consider buying it. so much cheaper! diy!

PTB7476

i feel that it's a rip off. so expensive! i tried it once.. not worth the money.. the float they sold at $50! I can find it elsewhere at around $10.

My friend gave me this link:

Your Baby Can Swim

i'm consider buying it. so much cheaper! diy!
that's what i think so too ...i think buying the tub and float still cheaper than signing up package haha...anyway i did not let my boy try ...going to bring him swimming when he is 6month old or older hehe...then next time we can bring him beach place kekeke
dult Spa Pool and Baby Swimming Pool Offer

1. Item Name : 2 in 1 Adult Spa Pool + Baby Swimming Pool
Size : (90 cm Ø X 70 cm H)
Pool Color : Purple Pink
Special Promo Price: $75 (With Home Delivery: $85)

Package includes: Spa Pool, 2 Ways Pump, Drain Pipe, Repairing Glue and Spa Pillow. Plus Free Double Float Neck Float.
this promo sound good hehehe and the showroom is near my place haha

Last edited:

Edwinie

that's what i think so too ...i think buying the tub and float still cheaper than signing up package haha...anyway i did not let my boy try ...going to bring him swimming when he is 6month old or older hehe...then next time we can bring him beach place kekeke
dult Spa Pool and Baby Swimming Pool Offer

1. Item Name : 2 in 1 Adult Spa Pool + Baby Swimming Pool
Size : (90 cm Ø X 70 cm H)
Pool Color : Purple Pink
Special Promo Price: $75 (With Home Delivery: $85)

Package includes: Spa Pool, 2 Ways Pump, Drain Pipe, Repairing Glue and Spa Pillow. Plus Free Double Float Neck Float.
this promo sound good hehehe and the showroom is near my place haha
haha! u got same thinking as me. 6 months bring him go public pool. 6 months coming soon already. dunnid buy. lol!

i think if going public pool, must buy good quality swimsuit, those got sleeve and cover thighs one. like that can keep warm and give a bit of buoyancy. i think in shops ard 80++... not sure. lol!