Edd Nov 2010

Edwinie

Haha okay I will ask my gynae as I meeting him in two week's time. Hope I gt the courage to ask him cos he's a guy... LOL
Seems like the pills effect is like slimming pills! And I do worry about side effects cos health is important to me so hope I am able to find safest pill to consume...

Was thinking of ligation but read somewhere that age and number of kids has to be factored before doctor agree to do it on you... And side effect is will have menopause early...

BTW, I read your blog and Javan is cute! Looks like daddy! :D
i remember the brand of the pills! it's mercilon. but i think your gynae will recommend pills that suit your condition.

hmm... u thinking of ligation means u closing shop already? how many kids do u have?

keefu

i remember the brand of the pills! it's mercilon. but i think your gynae will recommend pills that suit your condition.

hmm... u thinking of ligation means u closing shop already? how many kids do u have?
Thanks! I will check with my gyane to see if it will be suitable for me. Really thanks for the info!

Yah thinking of closing shop even though I only got one baby... Cos in SG raising kids is too high plus our income is so-so only. Help isn't much available once I go back to work.

Edwinie

Thanks! I will check with my gyane to see if it will be suitable for me. Really thanks for the info!

Yah thinking of closing shop even though I only got one baby... Cos in SG raising kids is too high plus our income is so-so only. Help isn't much available once I go back to work.
i wanted to close shop too. Stop at 1. Give him the best but make sure not to spoil him. I sounded out this idea with my family and my aunts and uncles say if this is the way, I'm not treating my son well. My aunt say she is happy to give her children siblings for each other as they have people to confide with when they feel uncomfortable to talk to parents. And that I'm depriving my son of companionship... So I'm still thinking. I think second child will be cheaper because he/she can use elder siblings stuff and we will have the experience to know what is good or bad and where the cheap stuff are. Right now with my first child I'm still trial and error for a lot of different stuff, e.g. baby wipes, formula milk, cream, etc etc. So some money wasted there~

Don't take drastic actions first. Give some time to consider!

I think pills are a good choice. =)

keefu

i wanted to close shop too. Stop at 1. Give him the best but make sure not to spoil him. I sounded out this idea with my family and my aunts and uncles say if this is the way, I'm not treating my son well. My aunt say she is happy to give her children siblings for each other as they have people to confide with when they feel uncomfortable to talk to parents. And that I'm depriving my son of companionship... So I'm still thinking. I think second child will be cheaper because he/she can use elder siblings stuff and we will have the experience to know what is good or bad and where the cheap stuff are. Right now with my first child I'm still trial and error for a lot of different stuff, e.g. baby wipes, formula milk, cream, etc etc. So some money wasted there~

Don't take drastic actions first. Give some time to consider!

I think pills are a good choice. =)
I agree with your opinions too, on giving the best but not to spoil him.

I ever thought of having a second child so that my first one would not be lonely should anything happens to us, but there are many many factors to consider.

There is no way I can consider to be a SAHM because my CPF is also needed to pay for house loans and expenses.
I do not have much family support once I go back to work cos I do not stay with my parents. As for my MIL, when I was initially pregnant she say she does not mind to take care of my boy but one fine day she told my hubby she thinks she can't help because she is not feeling well. So that means she can't help but now as my boy is borned, she doesn't mind to look after him for a few hours while we go for shopping and temporary before I hire a maid once I go back to work. But I still wouldn't pin hopes on her to take care of my boy in the long run.
My hubby is working almost 11 hours per day, while I am most prolly on shift work basis if I failed to appeal for day shift job.
If I am busy looking after my second one, who is going to look after my toddler who is in his active period?
I need to pay 2 times for almost everything.
I must not be bias, but I do think I can be bias... I am not perfect...
With my first one, I think I am already too busy just facing him... alone.

I do think I need to take care of myself, my hubby and my boy well enough to the extend he has proper upbringing, education, diet, exposure have enough time to bond with him than to think of a second one now... I do appreciate the fact that having sibling is really a blessing... When my mum passed away, my sis told me that she is happy that mum give birth to me so that she wouldn't ended up lonely and feeling lost. And I also loved my sis a lot cos we're on good talking terms, we share stuffs and now she loves her nephew a lot! Unfortunately, she and her fiance doesn't have a passion bringing their own kids so my boy will even be more lonely cos chances for him to have a cousin is almost zero.
I still yean personal time with my hubby... With a second one, the time will be reduced!

As for your aunt's pov on companion, you can just take as a pinch of salt at this moment cos is she going to take care of the second child? If not, talk is cheap... And if worry about not able to communicate with your boy, what we can do is try our best to listen to them before we impose our thinking. I am planning to become my boy's a friend instead of a parent, so that if he meets some problems especially during his teenage years, he will not rebel so much towards us... And be there for my boy should anything happens to feel that he is not alone, instead of blaming, anyhow scold the kid like the olden days... Get him join playgroups since young, so that he will not be an introvert...

Yeah I will consider very very very seriously cos really too much cons so hoped that there wouldn't be another accident, I'll sure faint! LOL

PTB7476

just word of advice... i took that pill before not for birth control but to treat irregular menses cycle and after taking that for a year my BP go haywire... meaning prior to taking the pill my blood pressure is very good but after taking that my BP become borderline ... and the moment BP is high..the gynae will take you off the pill since then my BP can go up for no reason and during pregnant ... it always hang at borderline and have to take precaution ... in case pre-eclampia ... i challenged the gynae that gave me that pill and she said that is mild and it shouldnt have problem but yet it give me problem guess it is individual body already

Last edited:

Edwinie

i took the pill also for irregular menstruation cycle too. i can miss my period for 2-3 months.

I read some feedback of the pill online and some people say that they felt depressed after taking it.

I think just google for feedback before you take any pills. Hormones can really make your body go haywire as everyone is different.

PTB7476

i took the pill also for irregular menstruation cycle too. i can miss my period for 2-3 months.

I read some feedback of the pill online and some people say that they felt depressed after taking it.

I think just google for feedback before you take any pills. Hormones can really make your body go haywire as everyone is different.
Yah it is diff for individual so have to think twice
Before starting pill cos once start it is not reversible. And
According to TCM these pill are harmful for our body in the long run

Hi mummies

just to check with u all whether you got introduce pacifiers to yr bb? Cos my gal keep biting her mittens recently and my mil keep asking me to give her pacifier...

Also are u all going to breastfeed yr bb after going back to work.. If yes how you all going todo it? It seems to be troublesome as has to bring pump la, bottles la.. After pump still have to sterilize..i dunno if I have the "time luxury" to do it or not after going back to work ...

keefu

Hi mummies

just to check with you all whether you got introduce pacifiers to yr baby? Cos my gal keep biting her mittens recently and my mother in law keep asking me to give her pacifier...

Also are you all going to breastfeed yr baby after going back to work.. If yes how you all going todo it? It seems to be troublesome as has to bring pump , bottles .. After pump still have to sterilize..i dont know if I have the "time luxury" to do it or not after going back to work ...
A few days after my boy was born, pacifiers were used on him to see if he suckle cos he needs milk or for the sake to soothe himself to sleep... After that he starts using lesser, now I only use on him when he fussing to go to sleep, like i offer him my breasts he not concentrating to suckle but yet he keep on want to nibble on something, then I will offer the pacifier for him to entertain himself...

May I know how old is your gal? I heard that actually after 6 weeks, can start removing the mittens so that baby will learn to identify what her hands are for. Mine started late at 2 months and now coming to 3 months, I am trying my best to train him to hold the Magmag cup handle and let him touch our hands and other stuffs to understand the textures of objects...

I still intend to con't breastfeeding after I resume back to work, though I know it's going to be very hard for my workplace environment (very breastfeeding unfriendly...). I bought the ice gel packs and aluminium carrier from Daiso so that it could refrigerate my breastmilk if I am able to pump in my workplace toilet. I will just bring the pump without the sterilizer tablets cos definitely no time for me to do so. Otherwise, I'll just bear for 8 hours of engorgement and straightaway latch my boy after work if my breaktime is too rush... Was advised by my family to stop breastfeeding but I find it so wasted to stop it...

PTB7476

I did not intro pacifier cos dun see the need and seem like it is normal that they start sucking their finger as they are exploring how to use their hand and fingers. For me I only put on mitten at night cos he slept in aircon room with us and during cold weather like now else I will let him play with his fingers haha

As for bf u will try to continue until he is 6 month old. My office also not bf friendly also. Guess I will sacrifice my lunch hr and after work to pump. As for sterilizing not possible to do it in office so best solution is put the whole thing in the fridge after pump. At least that can minimize contaminating the pump parts. In anyway it is recommended to sterilize these part once and not after every use.

keefu

Just came back from gynae's visit and he told me that after 4 months of breastfeeding, the engorgement will not be as bad as it used to be... Hoped that when we returned to work still can bf successfully... :Dancing_wub:

Edwinie

after breastfeeding, i find my office wear too small. the chest area seems to stretch more once i button all up... zzzzzzz.... =(

eurostar

update a bit on my prince
brought him got checkup + injection yesterday.......
he had the 5-in-1 + pheumococcus + rotarix oral vaccine
slight fever at nite (abt 37.3) so feed him with paracetamol given
today took a day leave to monitor..so far so good :)

nighthawk

Dear Mummies

We are first-time parents offering cleaning service(Dust mite
cleaning) to parents who would also wanna benefit from this services
at afforadable prices. We do not represent the vacuum cleaner company
(hence, we would not hard-sell the expensive machine) nor do we
hard-sell cleaning packages - just give us a call for a cleaning
appointment - as simple as that.

YouTube - Cleaning dust mites from a mattress

seeing how dirty an otherwise clean looking mattress is,for benefit of
our little one do sms/call us for enquiry

Our pricing is as follows:
- 1st mattress (any size): S$45-S$50
- subsequent item (can be mattress/sofa/carpet): S$8

There is no hidden costs nor transportation charges

Call/SMS Mr Alex now at 97618563 for appointments.

~ dont't risk the health of your loved ones - allergen management is
better than cure~

keefu

Hi!! Been a while since I've come in here to chat... My boy is going to be four months but no sign of flipping his body yet. How about your babies?

Hi!! Been a while since I've come in here to chat... My boy is going to be four months but no sign of flipping his body yet. How about your babies?

My girl also going to be four months...and she also dun seem to have the intention to flip..my mummy tell me they will flip eventually when they wan to...force them also no use..haaa:001_302:

Edwinie

my mum-in-law said my boy flipped 2 times. but i've yet to seen it yet...
i tried to make him to flip but i think it's impossible.
last night, i put him on his tummy and he wanted to flip so as to get a better view of the mobile which i put above his cradle. but he failed. lol!!