Edd nov 2011

Hi,

My baby is only one month old. :) so is on Enfalac FM and supplement with EBM once a day :p not much supply... think will dry up soon...hmm and she refused to latch on as well. What is 5+1 and whose official website?

Mrswan: thank you for organizing.
All Bunnies: thank you for being the highlight of the day.
Im looking fwd to meet more mummies on our nex soon to b gathering.
Clearbluesky: ve u tried their official web site? Dey may ve 5+ 1 wif delivery. Btw, I do nt gv Engadget to my bb. Smelly poo, cld it b due to introduction of solids?

didy

Hi mummies, any of your babies can fall asleep on their own (ie without needing to nurse or feed or rock or sing)? Can share how you went about "training" your baby to fall asleep on his/her own?

My baby does not have sleeping problem but he still needs some rocking before he close his eyes then I can put him into his cot to sleep.

My nephew is almost 2 years old and he still needs the pacifier and his parents must rock him in the arms for him to fall asleep.

This sounds like the situation for my boy and I don't want my boy to still be like this till he is 2. My boy is only 8months old and I already feel breathless having to rock him in my arms and sing at the same time. I cannot imagine having to do this till he is 2.

So mummies, any tips how to train our babies how to fall asleep on their own? (let baby cry it out is not an option for me cos my baby don't cry when I put him in the cot... He just rolls around pull mattress cover, throw pillow, take off bolster cover etc...)

Thanks!

mrswan

Hi didy,

Haha most of the mummies here having the same problem, have to pat, nurse, sing or rock. For my girl, Im using pacifier and pat to sleep, sometimes lucky she is so tired, she sleep on her own without pacifier on bed after feed. Pacifier is only for nap and sleeping at night, and she split out during sleep. Slowly im training her to sleep without pacifier, really need a lot of patience.

Wish us luck hehe :)

yingzy

Same...pat n rock.. but he doesn't really need e pacifier now... seldom use it... e only times no need pat or rock is when they fall asleep n drinking milk at e same time... hehe! i love it when they fall asleep like that...save my energy... LOL!

didy

I guess most of us have this pacifier "problem". Mrswan, how do you train your baby to sleep without pacifier? For me, I will rock my baby in my arms with the pacifier in his mouth till he is groggy and closes his eyes. Then I will wait for the right moment and take the pacifier out. Most of the time he will continue to close his eyes. Then I will rock 1minute more and put him on his cot. Then he will sleep from there on. Most of the time this works. But my baby will still wake 2 or 3 times in the middle of the night and cry for his pacifier. Once popped back into his mouth he will continue sleeping. No more night feeds but still make me so tired :x

bunnybaby

Glad to know that the turn out was good and everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves. Looking forward to join the next round! :)

To mummies who turned up our gathering,

Thank you for your time and such a successful gathering, we all enjoyed every bit and pieces with our bunnies. With great food and sharing bunnies tips. We got sleeping bunny, cranky bunny, gek sai bunny, shouting bunny and crying bunny till waiters dont't dare to serve us hahaha... This will not be the last gathering, we will arrange another soon!!!

escago

hi hi, hope I can join you ladies in the next gathering :)

To mummies who turned up our gathering,

Thank you for your time and such a successful gathering, we all enjoyed every bit and pieces with our bunnies. With great food and sharing bunnies tips. We got sleeping bunny, cranky bunny, gek sai bunny, shouting bunny and crying bunny till waiters don't dare to serve us hahaha... This will not be the last gathering, we will arrange another soon!!!

escago

My baby also cannot fall asleep on her own, usually she will be a bit cranky and rub her eyes when she wants to sleep. Then I will have to make milk and feed her.. she will fall asleep after drinking. Yesterday I just found a new method to let her sleep, i.e. to "chant" to her. I will read out to her "A for alligator, B for bear, C for cat, D for dog, etc" then she will slowly close her eyes and sleep... I think probably she is sian of listening, that's why fall asleep haha ... maybe you can try and see if this works for your baby :)

hotmilktea

Sometimes I did too. But different version. A for alligator, B for belly button, C for curry chicken! My hb say I mad

My baby also cannot fall asleep on her own, usually she will be a bit cranky and rub her eyes when she wants to sleep. Then I will have to make milk and feed her.. she will fall asleep after drinking. Yesterday I just found a new method to let her sleep, i.e. to "chant" to her. I will read out to her "A for alligator, B for bear, C for cat, D for dog, etc" then she will slowly close her eyes and sleep... I think probably she is sian of listening, that's why fall asleep haha ... maybe you can try and see if this works for your baby :)

babyswonderful

Hello mummies,

Just to share, we help ship in baby products from USA for mummies.
Products include brands like Lansinoh / Desitin / California Baby / Dr Brown's / NUK / Burt's Bees and many more..
Prices are generally up to 50% lower than retail shops and other BPs due to negotiations and shared shipping costs.
We are giving away free courier for all orders above S$120.

Do drop by my thread ~45% OFF RETAIL PRICES~ NEW! Milk Bottles/Breast Pumps/Creams/Milk Storage Bags or my blog www.babyswonderful.blogspot.com.

Thanks!
Baby S.