EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

MSK

Thanks mummies for ur replies :) I was also quite anti-pacifier initially and took me a long time before i could consider using a pacifier as an option to soothe her cranky crying moments... my mum also keeps discouraging me to give pacifier saying difficult to wean lah, affect dental development lah... But decided to give her last night and she seems happier with it! :)

My CL will be leaving tomorrow and I'm keeping fingers crossed that I can manage to take care of my baby by myself! :)

nature59

Any mummies give your baby pacifier at this age? My girl doesn't sleep v well in the afternoon, keeps waking up and gets cranky.. And she keeps looking for things to suckle even though she just finish her milk! So am thinking whether should intro pacifier to her so tat she can sleep better...
Yeah had the same debate with mil on pacifier but baby doesn't like it so much. Just give it to him when it's not milk time and he's fussing about..

teriwinkle

Wobblymummy, I pm you. Go check your inbox. :)

My girl loves the pacifier and has been sucking it in her first or second week. Also, it prevents more air from entering her lungs if we really have no idea what she is crying for.

PockyMummy

My boy has been very cranky for the past two nights, waking up almost every two hours for milk and he's very awake at night.. Alamak!! Headache ahhh..... =(

B zhai

My baby also wakes up every 2 hrs to feed!!!! Kind of tiring. Before we cld catch sm slp she wakes up for another feed soon. Hope she will last longer soon... I believe when she's older she can do 3-4 Hr interval. Let's pray!! :)

Me too..bb drink milk every 2 hrs at nite. Can know how do u all managed? Hubby complain day n nite hv to take care non stop as bb time to drink milk is always same as my time to pump milk every 2hrs.

I plan that I take care during day n hubby take care at nite..but during day time, when I pumping milk, bb is crying for milk..so hubby end up hv to feed milk while I pump. At nite same thing...so both of us end up no sleep together. Do u mean one of u take care while the other sleep? So during day, I hv to totally take care n hubby hv to totally don't touch at all?

Hope to get some idea how to manage the time.

GG2012

My baby stayed awake & kept crying last nite, how me & husband hug her still seems so uncomfortable. we put her down on the bed when she fell asleep, she woke up n cried again...thinking is it becoz of the Hep B injection that she took the day b4 !?!
I had put a towel with cold water on the area that she got injection.

B zhai

Hi Barneybaby,

Why dont you just pump every 3hrs? I pump every 3-4 hrs once. I don't pump after 12am till the next morning. I have a maid to help though. Me n hubby tried night feed ourselves n it was really tiring. Cos baby wants to drink every 2 hrs. Maybe you guys rotate to wake up during night feed? Ur hubby is not working?

Hi B zhai

my breasts will be full every 1.5hrs n I hv to pump out..pump need 45mins..then hv to bottle feed bb..so really sleeping 2hrs everyday only. :(

u dont feel engorged if u dont pump at nite? So at nite, ur maid bottle feed for u?

Me n my hubby work from home..so we r busy with work at home.

My bb wan milk every 2hrs too.

How r the rest managing? Tks

B zhai

Wow Barneybaby, how much ml can u pump out every 1.5hr for 45min. Ur baby so lucky to get so much bm. Are u on full breastfeeding then. I still need to top up formula. And maybe becos I dun pump at nite, I dun get engorged so easily? Not sure why. But I started massaging my breast during 1st 2 wks after delivery. I din hv engorgement. I don't massage now anymore n I'm ok. For those who get engorged easily, try to massage everytime u bath, my massage lady said. Working at home is better than reporting for work in office. Hoho! I dun wan to go Bk to work!!!!! :(

B zhai

Hi gg2012, is baby feeling better now?

How's other mummies doing?

I find fm + bm is gd for bb. Can hv gd nutrients fr mummy human n fr vitamins of cow milk. Heh heh heh~~~~ :)

I wanna go swimming lei. I'm now day 35 after delivery. U think I can start swimming n go sauna???

How much bm can u all pump out in total within 24hrs? I hv 400+ ml less than 450ml a day in 4-5 pumps 15 min each time. Can to share?

PockyMummy

I'm 26 days after birth.. My episiotomy wound doesn't feel pain after 2 weeks but don't know why I suddenly feel abit sore and uncomfortable at the wound area starting from yesterday? Anybody experience it also? =(

My bm is decreasing as i pumped, not sure if it is because didn't latch on or because diet not as much fish as confinement period. I also pump 15 min each time, prob abt 30-40ml now. Cannot pump longer because nipple will be sore.

MSK

Hi mummies, today is my first day without my CL... So far am not managing very well in taking care of my baby :( she fusses when she is sleepy and wants to be carried to sleep cos my CL keeps rocking her to sleep... so today i try and let her learn to fall asleep on the cot but she keep crying. then when i try to rock her to sleep she also doesn't like and cry! I think she used to CL smell and way of rocking her liao ah... pacifier also don't work now- she would spit it out and cry... Sian ah.. Any mummies know how to train baby to fall asleep on the cot ah?

SGNZ

My bm is decreasing as i pumped, not sure if it is because didn't latch on or because diet not as much fish as confinement period. I also pump 15 min each time, prob abt 30-40ml now. Cannot pump longer because nipple will be sore.
I have the same issue but I think because I pump less often due to the tiredness as mention my baby can't sleep through the night, so very busy and full on. Only manage to pump 2-3 time a day. So each time only about 40-60 ml:(

Hi Bzhai

actually I don't hv much milk too..But every 2hrs after pump, eg pump at 4pm to 4.45pm, at 6.45pm, i feel very engogored pain in breast n will wake up to pump. should i bear the pain n wait longer to pump?

One breast is 50ml per pump (every 2hrs, using end time method) n my other breast that hv suspected mastitis last 2 weeks, drop to 20ml. So per pump is 70ml n per day abt 550ml for every 3hrs pump throughout 24hrs.

I oso hv to add formulae as not enough for bb.

:)

nature59

Hi gg2012, is baby feeling better now?

How's other mummies doing?

I find fm + bm is gd for bb. Can hv gd nutrients fr mummy human n fr vitamins of cow milk. Heh heh heh~~~~ :)

I wanna go swimming lei. I'm now day 35 after delivery. U think I can start swimming n go sauna???

How much bm can u all pump out in total within 24hrs? I hv 400+ ml less than 450ml a day in 4-5 pumps 15 min each time. Can to share?
Hi B zhai, maybe better to check with Gynae about swimming and sauna?