EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

B zhai

Hi Barneybaby,

Try using a warm towel and place it on ur breast while lying down and massage ur breast in a rotational way. You can try to feel which part is hard and massage. After few days it shd be soft again as you can clear the milk block duct by doing this. By right, yes, if breast full try to pump often. But 45 min is really too long I feel. Hmm... :/

B zhai

Oh Barney I know!! Why don't u pump only after u hv fed ur baby. Then by the next 2 hrs, ur bb hungry and den u feed. Den by the time finish feeding it's also 2 hrs after ur previous pump..

i feel your pain msk

cf lady and me have both agreed to try to let baby fall asleep without carrying but sometimes it doesnt work also. what i have read is you let baby cry for a little while (dont pick up immediately) then pick her up. then try to put her down before baby is fully asleep. if baby fusses, they let baby fuss for a bit longer than before, then put baby down again. repeat above. it will take time though-days if not few weeks. dont expect baby to change habits immediately. although it may be more tiring initially than just carrying baby to sleep, in long run will be better if baby manages to sleep on own.

another tip i tried is to feed baby full - my baby was snacking and fed on breast for 5-10mins and will fall asleep. we put him in cot and after 10mins or less than half hour he will wake up and fusses to be carried. after carrying him to sleep he wakes up within 1.5 hrs to feed again. now i 'force feed' baby for 20mins each breast or until baby doesn't suck/open mouth. everytime baby falls asleep on breast i burp him in sitting position until his eyes open - i repeat until he is still asleep when i put him in sitting position and play with his arms and legs and he is still asleep... then he is really sleepy and will sleep for long in the cot.it might not apply if you are feeding formula - but the idea is feed baby well and don't let baby fall asleep with bottle also.

having said all above, it also depends on your child. some children are easily trained while others just have very strong will and will not give in until you carry them. but if your baby only fusses and doesnt cry easily then its a good start already :)

Hi mummies, today is my first day without my CL... So far am not managing very well in taking care of my baby :( she fusses when she is sleepy and wants to be carried to sleep cos my CL keeps rocking her to sleep... so today i try and let her learn to fall asleep on the cot but she keep crying. then when i try to rock her to sleep she also doesn't like and cry! I think she used to CL smell and way of rocking her liao ah... pacifier also don't work now- she would spit it out and cry... Sian ah.. Any mummies know how to train baby to fall asleep on the cot ah?

Katherine do you wanna try drinking milkmaid tea? i drank the earth mama angel baby milkmaid tea twice and both times i got so engorged i had plugged ducts - hence i think they work. i am so scared of drinking it now i dont dare to take it anymore. plugged ducts are so painful and tiring to clear!

also, if you are pumping 30-40ml it might be easier hand expressing and less painful for you too. i found nothing came out from the pump when i had one breast that was recovering from a plugged duct, but when i hand expressed there was actually milk spraying out.

My bm is decreasing as i pumped, not sure if it is because didn't latch on or because diet not as much fish as confinement period. I also pump 15 min each time, prob abt 30-40ml now. Cannot pump longer because nipple will be sore.

Last edited:

GG2012

Thanks for asking, B zhai!
My baby cried for 2 nites and became better last nite. Just eat a bit lesser but often (around 2-2.5hs), I still can't sleep well. But at least I know her no more uncomfortable, that's good!! :)

MSK

i feel your pain msk

cf lady and me have both agreed to try to let baby fall asleep without carrying but sometimes it doesnt work also. what i have read is you let baby cry for a little while (dont pick up immediately) then pick her up. then try to put her down before baby is fully asleep. if baby fusses, they let baby fuss for a bit longer than before, then put baby down again. repeat above. it will take time though-days if not few weeks. dont expect baby to change habits immediately. although it may be more tiring initially than just carrying baby to sleep, in long run will be better if baby manages to sleep on own.

another tip i tried is to feed baby full - my baby was snacking and fed on breast for 5-10mins and will fall asleep. we put him in cot and after 10mins or less than half hour he will wake up and fusses to be carried. after carrying him to sleep he wakes up within 1.5 hrs to feed again. now i 'force feed' baby for 20mins each breast or until baby doesn't suck/open mouth. everytime baby falls asleep on breast i burp him in sitting position until his eyes open - i repeat until he is still asleep when i put him in sitting position and play with his arms and legs and he is still asleep... then he is really sleepy and will sleep for long in the cot.it might not apply if you are feeding formula - but the idea is feed baby well and don't let baby fall asleep with bottle also.

having said all above, it also depends on your child. some children are easily trained while others just have very strong will and will not give in until you carry them. but if your baby only fusses and doesnt cry easily then its a good start already :)
Thanks for the tips baby Eskimo! :) I will try them out and hope tat I will succeed in training her to fall asleep on her own... hahaha....

Any mummies start bringing baby out yet? I'm so so so tempted to go out to nearby mall for a short walk but think I better wait till I can handle her well! Lol

teriwinkle

B Zhai, I went for my Gynae review at 6 weeks plus, asked my Gynae about working out, she said light exercises for now. Swimming and jogging can wait but funny thing is, I have always thought of swimming as a light activity as working out in the pool has lower impact than on the ground lol. Not sure about suana though.

teriwinkle

Hi MSK, I have started bringing my baby out when she was 3 weeks old. Subsequently, I bring her out everyday after her full month as it was really a thrill to bring the little "toy" out lol. But these days, I'm sticking to twice or thrice a week as I'm the one being tired doing all the packing and unpacking. You can start gg to malls with good nursing room facilities. So far Vivo is best! It seems, my baby is really fascinated by the Xmas lights and deco! She behaves so well when she's out, way better than copping her up in the house lol.

teriwinkle

Hi Mummies, probably bringing your babies out will tire them easily so that they sleep better in the night? I don't know but mine is already sleeping for 6hours consecutively now although her bedtime is at 1am.

GG2012

Hi MSK, I have started bringing my baby out when she was 3 weeks old. Subsequently, I bring her out everyday after her full month as it was really a thrill to bring the little "toy" out lol. But these days, I'm sticking to twice or thrice a week as I'm the one being tired doing all the packing and unpacking. You can start gg to malls with good nursing room facilities. So far Vivo is best! It seems, my baby is really fascinated by the Xmas lights and deco! She behaves so well when she's out, way better than copping her up in the house lol.
You bring ur baby out urself? You bring stroller or carrier?
i still not dare to bring my baby out myself...:p
need to bring lots of things, rite?

GG2012

Hi mummies, wanna ask does all ur lochia finish already?
i was in c-sec, it is 5 weeks+ now. I thought my lochia already finished but I got a bit sticky brownish things these 2 days, is it normal? Is it because I ate some ginger? I m quite worried~

MSK

Wow teriwinkle, really admire tat you can manage to bring your baby out since 3 weeks old :) your baby must be quite easy to handle :) I will be bringing my girl to take the hep B injection next week... Hope she behaves! Hee hee... If all goes well, I will then start bringing her out to malls for a short walk. Am looking forward to that! ;)

MSK

i was in c-sec, it is 5 weeks+ now. I thought my lochia already finished but I got a bit sticky brownish things these 2 days, is it normal? Is it because I ate some ginger? I m quite worried~
Hi GG2012, I just hv some light brown spotting by now... Maybe you can check with your gynae if you are worried?

teriwinkle

Hi GG, I bring along carrier, stroller and sling lol. Only go out when hubby is with me else the diaper bag alone is quite heavy for my shoulders. If we dine out will use the stroller, otherwise for short strolls, either I carry the sling or hubby uses the carrier coz carrier quite low for me while it's just nice at the hubby's chest when he carries our girl.

teriwinkle

It was gone a month after giving birth but came back 2 weeks after. Should be period for me I guess. Not sure about yours.

B zhai

I had brown spotting too. My fren also. On n off abit reddish. Now already 5 wks also. I think it's fine la. Hehe. And I sometimes feel urine will leak a little when I sneeze hard or cough. Anyone same as me?