EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

GG2012

Hihi,

My baby also started showing this feeding symptom. Is your baby better now? I been trying to do some research whether is it wind (colic) or gastric reflux , cant be quite confusing.
My baby changed to drink 90ml from 120ml now, so sometimes she feels hungry every 2-2.5 hrs instead of 3....sigh
im waiting her turn to 4 hrs or even sleep longer at nite....seems there are long way to go...zzz

MSK

If suspect your baby has colic, perhaps can try to buy anti-colic milk bottles... More popular brands are from Dr Brown or Tommie tippee... Maybe that can help :)

Hi shirix n sgnz

if ur bb no cry, think should not be gastro reflux.

My bb cry suddenly n refused to drink when she has gastro reflux..then pd teach me faster give 5ml gripe water mix with 5ml water n let her drink, then she will stop cry n continue with milk. It works. She oso has to drink 2 medicine & 1 rid wind medicine. Very sad that she has to eat medicine but if no eat, she keep cry.

Colic is eat rid wind medicine for 1 week n it will improve. Can buy rid wind from pharmacy. We try gripe water but think no help n rid wind helps.

Hi msk

u mean the bottle itself is anti colic? Coz thought anti colic is the teat only? Thanks.

Hi all

My bb cry when she fart..anyone experience tis? I want to increase my milk supply coz bb needs breast milk due to allegory to cow's milk. Anyone has ways to help? I thought of buying the sacred tea from 'origins jamu massage'...anyone tried before? Thanks

moonbeam

@barneybaby: The tips I got from online research and friends for boosting milk supply are:
- to eat oats
- drink brown rice tea
- drink fish and papaya soup
- must have sufficient fluid intake
- adequate rest
- relax when expressing or breastfeeding
- breastfeed on demand so that body knows how much milk baby needs

Shirix

Thanks, barneybaby.

do you want to try Fenugreek??

I have got 2 types of fenugreek. Bought it few months ago as I thought I won't have enough supply of bm but I got oversupply now.
So dont need now.

1) capsule type: 2 bottles of GNC 610mg fenugreek. Bought for $29.50 but selling at $20 now. Expiry date July 2015
http://m.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4094502

2) liquid type: 2 bottles of 60ml organic fenugreek that I bought from iherb.com for abt $18. Selling at $10. Expiry date Feb 2016.
http://www.iherb.com/m/Fenugreek-Organic-2-fl-oz-60-ml/2925?at=0

Let me know if any mummies is interested.

MSK

Happy new year mummies! :)

Barneybaby, some brands have both the normal and anti-colic range, so check and get the anti-colic ones. Yeah, the bottle nipples are specially designed to prevent too much wind from getting into baby when drinking from bottle. I just started using Tommie tippee closer to nature range, which also supposedly helps prevent colic... Keeping fingers crossed! :) haha

morningdew2576

Hi Shirix,
Sorry. No offence.
Like to ask, how did you manage to have so much bm? My bb is now 7 wks old. But he every time is crying for milk. I tried hand express, only around few drops. Been taking fenugreek, not much effect. Very tired..

Shirix

Hi morningdew,

This is how I increases my supply.
I drank a lot of water and soup everyday.. If possible try to drink papaya fish soup. After every latch, I try pump for 15mins. Started off with only 20ml then slowly increases. I also completely clear my breast by hand express after using electric pump. I pump almost every 3 hours even in the night.

This is my 2nd baby. First baby, I took fenugreek to increase my supply and it works well for me. 2nd baby, more prepared so somehow had more supply.

3 impt questions for you: Have you been expressing correctly using hands?? Is your baby latching properly? How much fenugreek are you taking?

Hope this helps. :) jia you!!

morningdew2576

Guess I need to do more frequent pumps after latch. But how much do you have for each pump after latch? Enough supply for next feed and in time?

Shirix

As I'm going back to work soon, I do exclusive pumping now.. I can pump about 1.3-1.5L per day.. My baby only drank 400-500ml a day so I stored the rest.

Hi Shirix

tks so much but I just brought fenugreek. But I dare not eat as worry got side effects like headache, etc??? How u find eating last time? Can we stop anytime n wont affect the supply or once start can't stop if not will drop in supply?? So u mean tis 2nd bb..u didnt take fenegreek? my bb dont latch 1 week after birth n i bottle feed express breast milk.. do u mean u do latching n u didnt use bottle at all since birth..& therefore able to achieve good milk supply? heard if keep latching from start, the supply will be good but if we do pump out, supply might be harder to be good. How much water u drink per day? I drink quite alot but throat still dry everyday..so it means still not enough water?

I drink papaya fish soup once a week..is it enough? Wat other soup I can make? My supply now is 20ml left breast n 40 ml on right breast.

Very urgent to hope my supply will be good for my bb as its abit special case.

Hi Msk

i just got the dr brown bottles..hope it's good. Tks so much. :)

Shirix

Hi barneybaby,

I took fenugreek for my first baby and my side effect is I got slight diarrhea.. But good for me coz last time I have got constipation problem but the diarrhea only lasted for a while. Think my body is adjusting to the fenugreek.. I took 4 Gnc pills initially.. Then as my supply increases, I reduce the dosage to 2 pills.. I slowly reduce the intake of fenugreek..

My second baby, I nv take fenugreek.. Naturally a lot of milk as I latched and pumped for the first month then pumped exclusively for the 2nd month...

I took a lot of water too.. Not sure how much though.. But same as u my throat still abit dry..

Actually can drink more than once of the papaya soup, I drank abt 2 -3 days of papaya soup each week and for lunch and dinner..

MSK

Hi, how are all mummies doing? :) this thread been quiet, guess all are busy with our little ones!

Barneybaby, you're welcome! Hope your girl is feeling better?

Cny is nearing! Really looking forward to dressing up baby and celebrating new year with her... Gotta start my cny shopping soon! Hehe.. Started bringing my girl out to shopping malls these 2 weeks. Am so glad to see that the shopping malls have decent and clean nursing rooms... Whew! :)

PockyMummy

All mummies, i need help.... How to lose weight fast but in the healthy way? My weight before pregnant was 48kg.. Before giving birth was 70kg, 2weeks after birth was 60kg.. But now my son is going to 8weeks old I'm 58kg.. Seems like my weight is unable to go down further more.. So frustrated as chinese new year is round the corner can't anyhow buy clothes due to this kind of figure.. =(

MSK

Me too!! Still have another 10kg to lose to reach my pre-pregnancy weight... But no matter how I control my diet, do some exercise, the weight still v stubborn and doesn't reduce :( and dunno how to lose my flabby tummy too! Sigh... Am still wearing my maternity pants cos I can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes yet... Sianz ah...

Any mummies able to advise?

Me too!! Still have another 10kg to lose to reach my pre-pregnancy weight... But no matter how I control my diet, do some exercise, the weight still v stubborn and doesn't reduce :( and dunno how to lose my flabby tummy too! Sigh... Am still wearing my maternity pants cos I can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes yet... Sianz ah...

Any mummies able to advise?
Same here..although just a few kgs more than pre-pregnancy weight, but the flabby tummy is a headache..my working tops look tight on me now.. :(