EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

xuandy

so i guess all of us are in our first trimester now - wondering what preparations have you done?

booked a gynae?
booked maternity package /clinic/hospital?
i abit kiasu....

I have already confirmed on my gynae, start abit of reading and tai jiao, stretch mark cream, save my confinement nanny no already.

Will they start to tell you more on maternity package at our stage?

SophiaH

i abit kiasu....

I have already confirmed on my gynae, start abit of reading and tai jiao, stretch mark cream, save my confinement nanny no already.

Will they start to tell you more on maternity package at our stage?

I think the maternity package starts from week 12. That's what my Gynae offered.
What stretch mark cream r u using? I've started on it too.

Liangmin

Care to share what brand of stretch mark cream u r using? :).. I thot only later stage den use.. Until I read ur post ..

Liangmin

Confinement lady must book this early aso? I have the dilemma now ... My mother in law said its expensive to get a CL, she will do for me. As in me, baby and maid will stay at her Hse once I discharge from hospital. Den after confinement, when i go bk to work after 3rd mth, I go bk my own place, baby and maid will be w mom in law, mon to Fri, she and my maid will look after my baby, den weekend I bring bk baby n maid. Does it sounds good to u? I really hard to say no to her, since she offer. But I don know if I can get used to stay at her place. if I engaged a CL, I Worried an unhappiness will arise :( how what shd I do??

MandyWong

Liangmin,
There is a good n bad at my point of view.. Ur MIL is indeed very helpful... And all still have to depand on u whether u wan to hand on or i shd say can u cope with ur baby etc?? If u choose to let ur mil take care ur baby, everything u have to close 1 eye.. Etc..

allele

Hi! Im a first time mum-to-be here. It was truly exciting and had mixed feelings when I saw 2 red lines on the pregnancy test kit! Didnt expect that the baby came at this moment. I have been trying for the past nine months and almost give up and I said let's wait for a snake baby instead. And right now my EDD is on 27Nov. Hehe..

It's kinda strange feeling that Im pregnant but i dont feel anything at all. Now in week 8, no morning sickness so far except for frequent urination. :( feels kinda insecure.. Made an appt with a gynae on this coming wk. Hope doc can clear my insecurities!

xuandy

I think the maternity package starts from week 12. That's what my Gynae offered.
What stretch mark cream r u using? I've started on it too.
I really really think it crucial to start using once u kno that u are preggy. Cos our tummy is getting bigger and bigger day by day, jus that we dun see / feel it. I am using clarins stretch mark cream. got so many feedback from my gf that it good :)

xuandy

Confinement lady must book this early aso? I have the dilemma now ... My mother in law said its expensive to get a CL, she will do for me. As in me, baby and maid will stay at her Hse once I discharge from hospital. Den after confinement, when i go bk to work after 3rd mth, I go bk my own place, baby and maid will be w mom in law, mon to Fri, she and my maid will look after my baby, den weekend I bring bk baby n maid. Does it sounds good to u? I really hard to say no to her, since she offer. But I don know if I can get used to stay at her place. if I engaged a CL, I Worried an unhappiness will arise :( how what shd I do??
Erm... your bb will be born in the year of dragon? if so, it will be good if you can book CL now already. Cos alot of pple re giving birth in dragon year and by then CL will all be taken up. That is if you are going for a CL la. Pricing abt $2200. But I am determine to get a CL, when my MIL also offer help. A good CL is very very important for the recovery of us mother, as much as others wan to help, they might not kno as much as a CL. And you have to get a good CL by word of mouth hor.... cannot anyhow find.

coming back to your topic, it abit difficult hor.... But if you leave ur maid to MIL then Mon to Fri, your maid is serving ur MIL lor... not you izit? But what happen if you needed help?

Agree with Mandy, many things (touchwood) you have to diam diam already

xuandy

Hi! Im a first time mum-to-be here. It was truly exciting and had mixed feelings when I saw 2 red lines on the pregnancy test kit! Didnt expect that the baby came at this moment. I have been trying for the past nine months and almost give up and I said let's wait for a snake baby instead. And right now my EDD is on 27Nov. Hehe..

It's kinda strange feeling that Im pregnant but i dont feel anything at all. Now in week 8, no morning sickness so far except for frequent urination. :( feels kinda insecure.. Made an appt with a gynae on this coming wk. Hope doc can clear my insecurities!
After that you will see doc once a month, then you will worried more cos the wait to see doc is 1 month away!! that is what I am going thru now la!!!! sob!

MandyWong

Btw i gtg more tired wad abt u mummies?? Did anyone give up seats to u?? Im still not.. Guess they think im fat only? Or pretend not to see im preggy..

linlow

Im getting tired (and sleepy!) easily these days too... now week 9, so tummy not actually that obvious, except after meals hehe.. Ppl have been commenting I look pale, so I guess not enough iron, but doc didnt prescribe iron tablet as I am having bad constipation already..

For stretch mark cream, i heard Clarin is not bad, so will be getting that soon. Cheaper alternative will be cocoa butter.

SophiaH

I really really think it crucial to start using once u kno that u are preggy. Cos our tummy is getting bigger and bigger day by day, jus that we dun see / feel it. I am using clarins stretch mark cream. got so many feedback from my gf that it good :)
I'm using felancyl. Recommended by my sis. Will see if it works. But got a tip that we need to cream our belly button as well. As it will pop out later on and it'll also get stretch mark. Have you ladies heard of this?

allele

Hi allel, no morning sickness??? Ewww so envy..
Hi Mandy! That's what makes me worry. No symptoms anything.. I cant wait to find out how's the condition of my BB.

By the way, usually what do we expect on the first gynae visit? Will they do any scanning or so? And how long is the whole process takes?

allele

After that you will see doc once a month, then you will worried more cos the wait to see doc is 1 month away!! that is what I am going thru now la!!!! sob!
You have made your first visit? That's great! When is ur EDD? Do they perform scanning things like that?

MandyWong

First visit, yes, normally ur gynae will do a scan and show u where is the heart beat etc. follow by its size and from there then can calculate the EDD. Before that the nurse will ask for ur urine test. Weight n height. Then measure high blood pressure..

xuandy

You have made your first visit? That's great! When is ur EDD? Do they perform scanning things like that?
I have been to dunno how many visit liao lor... cos I got spotting, extreme worried, therefore my visit to gynae to a weekly. My last last was on 18 april and doc ask me to go back on 16 May 2012. 1 month leh...so long... I am deciding if I should get another gynae, meaning mid month visit and month end visit.

The visit was pretty much the same, scanning to see if baby heartbeat is ok. If baby is still tender, doc will usually use the long long equipment to go "underneath" and into you to hear bb heartbeat. It such a wonderful feeling lor!! Then when I approach week 8, doc start to do the scanning on my tummy le.....

I wan to see my gynae soon la!!!