EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

teriwinkle

I wasn't told to do the gestational diabetes test too although I read it from the pregnancy guide book that our gynae will get us to do at around 26 weeks.

Hi Chaw, that's early by 2 weeks! Did you choose to c sec or your gynae said you should?

shanney

im going for the gestational diabetes blood test this sat too.. my gynae didnt say it was optional though.. hmm..

chaw

My first one is c sec. So, I chose second one also c sec.

I wasn't told to do the gestational diabetes test too although I read it from the pregnancy guide book that our gynae will get us to do at around 26 weeks.

Hi Chaw, that's early by 2 weeks! Did you choose to c sec or your gynae said you should?

One of my gf was suggesting not to get swaddle now but try to borrow one from a friend and see if baby likes it. She said not all babies like to be swaddle leh...

teriwinkle

Agree, that's why I'm not buying it!

Katherine57:679854 said:
One of my gf was suggesting not to get swaddle now but try to borrow one from a friend and see if baby likes it. She said not all babies like to be swaddle leh...

PockyMummy

Heng ahhh... My gestational diabetes test report is normal.. Make me so nervous for the report because my parents also got diabetes history.. =)

Jofeny

im going for the gestational diabetes blood test this sat too.. my gynae didnt say it was optional though.. hmm..
I asked my Gynae if it's ok not to do. My dad is also diabetic. She say my monthly urine test is ok n bb size looks good. Told her I hate drinking alien stuff so she say shd b ok not taking the test. Ha. Escaped! Yeah

joasiss

I still got to wait a month to take the test..
Is the regular urine test for sugar as well? Mine has one blue and one yellow test strip. Only know that one of them is for uti. Dunno what the other is for.

By the way, how do you all choose your baby toys and books? I came across this cloth book. Do you think it's good? There is also another product, pacifier attached to a soft toy which i thought is really cute. i read that letting the baby hug the toy makes them feel better. just not so sure if its safe. What do you think?

http://www.babyhaven.com/Lamaze-Classic-Discovery-Book.html
http://www.babyhaven.com/WubbaNub-Infant-Pacifier---Giraffe.html

teriwinkle

I don't do the uti test at my side, only the sugar level one.

joasiss:680030 said:
I still got to wait a month to take the test..
Is the regular urine test for sugar as well? Mine has one blue and one yellow test strip. Only know that one of them is for uti. Dunno what the other is for.

By the way, how do you all choose your baby toys and books? I came across this cloth book. Do you think it's good? There is also another product, pacifier attached to a soft toy which i thought is really cute. i read that letting the baby hug the toy makes them feel better. just not so sure if its safe. What do you think?

http://www.babyhaven.com/Lamaze-Classic-Discovery-Book.html
http://www.babyhaven.com/WubbaNub-Infant-Pacifier---Giraffe.html

Joasiss,my urine test strip is the same as yours. I only know the yellow one is for checking sugar
cos there was once it turned orangy and the nurse asked me what have I been eating..told me to cut down on sweet stuff after that.

Looks like mummies are clear from gestational diabetes! yay

my baby is about 1kg at 26 wks. Doc says hes a bit chubby but not overweight yet haha apparently the diagnosis for my terrible weight gain is greediness (which i am still in denial heehee) doc referred me to a dietician. but apparently baby ok. so its just im terribly fat and will have trouble losing the weight later. haha OMG baby only 1 kg and ive put on 13.5 kg... means 12.5 kg is on ME!!! argghhh

oh about swaddles... i just got the mother care muslin cloths. $25 for 6 (with patterns) or $45 for 12 (plain white) - not sure if they are the same size as the pretty ones from nature59. they are useful for swaddle, or can wrap up legs in the beginning when babies navel still recovering and you dont want to wear pants yet, can also fold them as small pillow or head positioner (in bed, carseat etc... when bigger so no suffocation risk), or wrap them while bathing so they dont feel so cold and exposed... multi functional and useful in case u not sure they like swaddling or not
i bought a dozen for now

chaw

Katherine,

a bit excited and how to handle the two boys after give birth cuz my first one is very attach to me.

anyone choose the Paediatric? Which Paediatric is good for pro- breast feeding? My gyane recommended Dr Ang? How is she?

nature59

Joasiss,my urine test strip is the same as yours. I only know the yellow one is for checking sugar
cos there was once it turned orangy and the nurse asked me what have I been eating..told me to cut down on sweet stuff after that.
Oops I don't know whats my urine test is testing for, I better go check it out.