EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

teriwinkle

Keep on cleaning with solution, shouldn't be an issue.

PockyMummy:728000 said:
His umbilical cord drop off yesterday but the wound area is still abit wet and yellowish.. luckily it turn out to be better today.. so scary!! make me so worried..

went back to see the lactation consultant today at Mt Alvernia. My boy is willing to latch on but I think I didn't do it properly because it's painful everytime after latching so went back to check with them. The lactation consultant said that I have sufficient milk flow to meet his demand and my boy is able to latch on, just that I am not doing it properly. She corrected me and I'm hoping that I can keep to it so can forget about burping n milk bottles n fm! Wish me luck!

Hi all

i was down with fever last nite..ate panadole at 8.30pm & 4am..can check if I eat panadole (dhamol brand), can I still give the breast milk to bb? Need to hv a gap of 4hrs after medicine then pump n give bb breast milk? My fever now is gone as at now. :)

Didn't see doctor as I hv the panadole.

thanks.

GG2012

Hi teriwinkle, I'm giving my girl nan pro now.. Just changed 2 days ago, still gotta monitor how she takes to it :)

Btw, how much fm are ur babies taking now? My girl is 2 weeks+ and she is drinking 70ml every 2.5-3 hrs.. Is that too much?
My girl is 3weeks now, fed by nan pro also, 100-120ml every 3 hrs usually.

morningdew2576

Hi all

i was down with fever last nite..ate panadole at 8.30pm & 4am..can check if I eat panadole (dhamol brand), can I still give the breast milk to bb? Need to hv a gap of 4hrs after medicine then pump n give bb breast milk? My fever now is gone as at now. :)

Didn't see doctor as I hv the panadole.

thanks.
Barneybaby, you can continue to bf your bb since your last medication was at 4am.. Take care.

morningdew2576

Any mummies using Avent products? If you have missed the last Philips Carnival, I have 30% disc until 31Dec. Let me know then I can arrange to buy.

MSK

Hi mummies, just to share a formula to calculate how much milk u should give to ur baby per feed... Another mummy had shared this in a different thread :)
(Your baby weight in kg x 150ml) divide by no of feeds in 1 day.

this is really useful in helping to gauge whether we are giving our babies enough or too much milk :)

Am now thinking where to bring my dd for 1st month immunization... I've called the polyclinic but am told tat now they don't offer 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 injections anymore... So have to take the injections individually... Shld I consider going pd since only pte offers those 5-in-1 injection, but pd more costly. Mummies, any views?

ladynana

Hi mummies, just to share a formula to calculate how much milk u should give to ur baby per feed... Another mummy had shared this in a different thread :)

this is really useful in helping to gauge whether we are giving our babies enough or too much milk :)

Am now thinking where to bring my dd for 1st month immunization... I've called the polyclinic but am told tat now they don't offer 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 injections anymore... So have to take the injections individually... Shld I consider going pd since only pte offers those 5-in-1 injection, but pd more costly. Mummies, any views?
Still thinking of bringing my son to polyclinic for his vac now have to go back to his PD already

nature59

Hi MSK, really? i, bringing my boy for the 6 in 1 jabs.. which polyclinic are u going? you can check the website for the polyclinics which offers it as below.

National Healthcare Group Polyclinics

PockyMummy

I'm so stress up.. My boy is 13 days old, he's drinking 70ml of enfalac FM.. Is 2 and 1/2 scoops of milk powder to 70ml water too thick for him? Because previously he can poo quite normal but today he just poo 1 or 2 tiny pieces and just stopped. Which makes me so worried for me.. =(

momtobe2012

Hi, we went to clementi polyclinic for baby' 1 month vacination and the nurse told us about 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 to be chosen in 3 month vacination time.. So it is still available there. Which polyclinic you go?

MSK

Hi, we went to clementi polyclinic for baby' 1 month vacination and the nurse told us about 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 to be chosen in 3 month vacination time.. So it is still available there. Which polyclinic you go?
Hi mumtobe2012, thanks for sharing. I didn't go polyclinic yet. I called up polyclinic hotline to ask abt their immunisation program cos my dd due for vacination in mid dec... The customer service said tat the 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 jabs will not be available and gave me a schedule of the injections to be taken individually. Let me call them again to confirm.

Thanks MSK
i tried but ive observed he spits up even after burping so just try to keep him vertical for a while after feed.

Apricotgem,
according to my confinement lady, babies at full moon should be able to take 3-4oz - i think this is about 100- 110ml of milk

My baby is going into his 3rd week now, and with the assistance of lactation consultant i managed to pump 100ml yesterday. becareful not to overpump. Massaging well will give you much more milk and kinder to your breasts than longer pumping.

Hi all nov mummies, I am new to this forum. Gave birth to my daughter 2 weeks ago :) i am a 1st time mummy and trying to learn as much as possible frm my CL. Wanted to bf but my dd doesn't wanna latch on and my milk supply also not much... so am pumping out bm and supplementing with fm as well. Wanna ask which brand of fm are u all using to supplement?

Babyeskimo, ya it's normal for babies to spit up some milk. Maybe u can try to burp him more often during the feed?