EDD Nov 2013

Sheepsdream

Lishan> how was it? Was it fun? How long did the whole scan took?

lsspam> my gynae told me can only see the gender at least from week 16 onwards.. 3more weeks for you!

Lishan

I think it's probably as detailed as it can get at this point. They measure the neck thickness, check measurements of the brain, umbilical cord, heart beat, look for hands and legs, etc. Took about 20 mins or so and the baby was moving around. It's really quite cute to be able to see the hands and legs and legs and the profile of the baby's face :)

Sheepsdream

Lishan> so sweet!!! So everything went well I supposed? Did you get the results immediately? I was told to go back to clinic 3days later for review of results...

Lishan

Its really a miracle that we can grow a live baby in us.. Hehe. I got my results immediately. Did it at kkh and im seeing a gynea there so maybe that's why because they have the records.
I have a cyst going alongside as well. Otherwise all's well. :)

Sheepsdream

That's great news! Glad all is going well for you! Now you make me so eager & excited for my Oscar on Wed!

Oh ya, did you get to see the nasal bone? So how was the NT measurement?

Lishan

Good luck for your scan! I'm sure it will be exciting. :) yep there's a nasal bone. The normal range for the NT is below 3mm (read somewhere). Ours was 1.5mm. They will probably give u results on the adjusted risks Trisomy 21(down syndrome), 18 & 13, after taking into account age, blood test and the scan. The usual crl measurements were taken for EDD also. I think this is standard. :)

Did u do your blood test for free beta-hcg and PAPP -A?

Sheepsdream

Ooo... Maybe that's why my results is 3 days later. I'm supposed to do the blood test on Wednesday too. Just hoping the needle part will be over soon! I'm scared of needles! :weconfused:

Do you still have Ms? Any positive changes now in 2nd tri?

Lishan

Oo. Where r u doing your scan?
I m still feeling a bit nauseous but it does feel better than 2 weeks ago. Not so tired also so yep feeling the difference except for the slight constipation.
Actually i m a bit confused... I read that 2 trimester starts in week 14?

Sheepsdream

I'm doing the scan on wed then back to the clinic for review on Sat. Anyway both are at TMC.

Try to eat more fruits! I have different fruits everyday. I know not supposed to eat watermelon but I still do eat a a bit. Can try grapes, kiwi, apples, etc.. All are good for baby! Or eat more veg for fibre. Helps too. I heard pregnant women are prone to piles coz of constipation so try to prevent it.

That is one thing that confuses me too.. If 3mths is 12weeks, then 1st tri is 12weeks! I'm at 12th week & I really do feel a lot better than weeks ago when I keep puking everything & anything.
But again I think it's becoz full pregnancy term is 40weeks. So 40/3=13.3. So maybe that's why some say week 14 is 2nd tri?

I don't care la.. I only know this week is a lot better for me so I must be ending 1st tri soon la! =P

yuzudinga

mummies, i wanna create a facebook page for us but i need someone to add me as facebook friend first. please pm me your email address so that i can add u gals as friends and add u into the group ok? please dont post your email address here in case u get spam emails!!

Lishan

Sheepsdream> Taking fruits everyday, but bowel movements still a bit slow with minimal discharge. Sorry, TMI ..
Good that you are feeling better. I am really glad that my appetite is coming back and I am eating normal portions again. Rest well for the scan tmr!

kline

Hi everyone. Am new here. First time mummy to be. Am at high risk due to few medical conditions. ( End 2011 Miscarriage due to high blood sugar, am 39 yrs old now) Am also a diabetic carrier. EDD is 23-11-2013. Am attached to NUH, in my 11 weeks now. Yesterday, gynae at NUH did a ultra scan for me. Can see my bb playing with hands and legs. Gynae saw and said bb very active, healthy and jumping around. Haha...so cute. Now, am in a dilemma. Should I go for Oscar or just wait and go for Amniocentsis, since both also can detect DS. I quite like my gynae whom is a consultant at NUH. Dr Annikar. Wanted Dr Su but was advice by the nurses at NUH that Dr Su schedule is very full, she may not be able to spent enough time with every of her patients, and she always in a rush. Therefore, decided to go with Dr Anita Kale. Any advice? Thanks

Sheepsdream

Lishan> I just did my Oscar! Very fast.. 10mins & it's over. Sonographer refused to tell me much & keep saying I need to wait for blood test results on Sat to calculate total risk. So happy to see baby very active! Baby flipped from back to lie on tummy then flipped to side to show me the face! Such a wonderful feeling!!

hi Kline! Congrats to you! I read somewhere that the amniocentsis is an invasive test & carries risk of miscarriage. I read from other threads that many mtbs will forgo the test coz ultimately they will still keep the baby. So think twice before you decide on doing it. Ask your gynae if there is a triple test available at week 16. A friend of mine choose to forgo Oscar & go for this instead.
Amniocentesis - BabyCenter Singapore

Hi:Anyone need nanny end of this year , I can takecare bb d&n .I stay sengkang
now i takecare 1 bb end of this go childcare I takecare 5 bb befor but is 1 by1

Lishan

Sheepsdream> it's really amazing to see the baby move right! When is your EDD btw?

hi Kline, welcome to the board. :) Having an active baby looks like a good sign that all's going well. I personally feel that doing an amnio (or any kind of scans) means that should the results be bad, I would terminate the pregnancy (I m 35 so technically i am "high-risk"). That said, i opted for the oscar because it's non invasive and since my results were alright, i will skip the amnio as it carries a risk of miscarriage. Besides, i hate needles too, the ultrasound machine is friendlier.

Sheepsdream

Lishan> my edd is in 17th nov. when is yrs?
I'm scared of needles too! Glad the blood test is over in a flash today! Next time epidural duno how!? :wong10:

Lishan

My EDD is 14th Nov. Epidural? I try not to think of it yet.. haha
But since i have a cyst i was thinking if i should go C-section and remove it along the way? hmm..

Sheepsdream

You're just 3days before me!

Really arh.. But takes a longer time to heal leh..

Btw, have you started using stretch mark cream? Any brand to recommend?

Lishan

Haha.. yeah, our EDDs are so close. :) I think I will have to discuss with the gyne first on the C-section.. maybe a bit later.

Yep i m already doing the stretch mark cream. I m using this bioterm one - my colleague gave it to me when she won it at a lucky draw (she's single). Not sure which cream is good tho, but i read in another thread that there's an effective one by Clarins. You can try that.