EDD Oct 2012 Mummies

lpc1023

Any mummies planning for c sect? I'm thinking whether should go for c sect or not because we got a good date and time now and plus, my gynae also kinda recommend me to go for c sect coz my body size is too small.. sigh.. dilemma..
eeneyminey, I am planning for c sect too. This is the only choice I can choose because doctor found that cyst has been blocked the way. Therefore I will undergo 2 operations. I cannot see my baby immediately as doctor suggested me to go for GA. Currently I still have not set a date, but I think it's still early for me (I am in week 33 now).

CheerieGer

Oh, u should faster book the date with ur gynae soon. Hope u can get the date n time that u want.. Did u went to a fengshui master to calculate for the date n time? I guess I still have time to decide since I'm only at my 32wks.. The last scan shows that baby is in breech position but gynae said now still early, baby will still change position so I'll just wait n see how then..

Hi CheerieGer, I planned for normal initially actually. But gynae has been prepping me for possibility of c sect if baby is quite big due to my small size body.. sighz..

So now that the due date is very near already, the decision has to be made soon too. I'm facing dilema now. If i were to choose c sec, the date is 20 sept. my next appt will be on 14th sept, and if the baby is reaching 2.9kg by then, i dunno if i can still opt for c sect or not, because i think my gyn also need to prepare her schedule. somemore i'm choosing the time which is her clinic opening hours, i have to bear another surcharge for that and even if i'm willing to pay, doesnt mean she will allow me to go ahead with the timing i want, because it might too near for her to retiming all her patients schedule that falls on the time that i want.. So another headache there.. sighz..

If u are scared of pain, i think you can still try for normal, because now got happy-dural alrd.. You can get thru labour pretty much painless according to those mommies who have popped..

To choose epi or GA, i will definetely choose epi. I wanna see baby asap!! hahahhaa..

CheerieGer

eeneyminey, I am planning for c sect too. This is the only choice I can choose because doctor found that cyst has been blocked the way. Therefore I will undergo 2 operations. I cannot see my baby immediately as doctor suggested me to go for GA. Currently I still have not set a date, but I think it's still early for me (I am in week 33 now).
Hi Ipc1023, ur gynae will remove ur cyst on the same day? I have fibroids and wanted my gynae to remove together while I undergo ga c-sec. But my gynae advised otherwise, he said afraid of complications n scared I might lose too much blood.. So I might have to go for separate operation next time after I delivered.. :(

Oh, u should faster book the date with ur gynae soon. Hope u can get the date n time that u want.. Did u went to a fengshui master to calculate for the date n time? I guess I still have time to decide since I'm only at my 32wks.. The last scan shows that baby is in breech position but gynae said now still early, baby will still change position so I'll just wait n see how then..

i havent told my gynae that i have a date and time in mind yet.. she's on leave until this weekend somemore.. sighz.. but right now, i still not sure if i wanna c sect too.. i keep thinking maybe try normal better since it's first baby..

ic ic.. i guess for ur case u really have no choice.. 33 weeks still quite early but since u have decided alrd, maybe better to plan the date with ur gyn earlier, so that if needed, ur gyn can book the time for you..

lpc1023

Hi Ipc1023, ur gynae will remove ur cyst on the same day? I have fibroids and wanted my gynae to remove together while I undergo ga c-sec. But my gynae advised otherwise, he said afraid of complications n scared I might lose too much blood.. So I might have to go for separate operation next time after I delivered.. :(
Ya, my gynae suggested remove the cyst on the same day. Thus he suggested to go for GA c sect, so that I will not feel uncomfortable for the cyst removal process. My gynae never tell me about losing blood, so I think should be okay. I myself also don't want go for separate operation because I worried my body will be getting weak.
Add oild~ :Dancing_tongue:

lpc1023

ic ic.. i guess for ur case u really have no choice.. 33 weeks still quite early but since u have decided alrd, maybe better to plan the date with ur gyn earlier, so that if needed, ur gyn can book the time for you..
Yup, will set a date with gynae next week. =)

yesterday jus came back from gynae... baby head still not turning and doc's confirm C-sect... Sigh!! baby weight around2kg at 33 weeks.. still so small...

diza

yesterday jus came back from gynae... baby head still not turning and doc's confirm C-sect... Sigh!! baby weight around2kg at 33 weeks.. still so small...
2kg at 33 weeks is ok. I bet the rest would agree. Mine was 2.2kg and gynae didn't say he's too big or too small.. 3 weeks later, he gained 900g! Anyway, ask ur gynae are there any methods to make ur baby's head turn? I've read that massage might help.

CheerieGer

To make u feel better, I just came back from my gynae checkup today n my baby's weight is only 1.7kg n I'm at 32wks. I'm even more depressed.. Doc say baby's a little small.. But I've gained like 10kg already.. I dunno what I can do to make baby gain weight.. :(

SillyJ

CheerieGer, you are not alone..mine also 1.7kg at week 32 :( gynae said on small side too as likely to follow my size...
don't worry so much as long as baby is healthy..I've gained 11kg!
hopefully next week when i see my darling he will be much heavier..seeing gynae at week 35.

Angeldust

Gynae didn't say anything negative about my bb's weight of 1.6+kg during 32 weeks, I think it's normal. She said good weight, scared too big baby need forceps/vacuum. BB was around 2kg+ during 34 weeks. Guessing bb will be 2.2 or 2.3kg when i have my 36 weeks checkup.

CheerieGer

Thanks Sillyj and angeldust for sharing.. I feel better now.. Yes, my gynae also say baby is abit small as I'm small size as well.. Somehow I feel it's like my fault that baby doesn't have enough space to grow.. :(
anyway, I'm gg to see gynae 2wks later, hopefully baby will grow bigger by then.. N for ur babies too! Hopefully they all grow well! :)

How to turn the baby head if not turning? but i thought 33 wks still too early to confirm for c sect? I mean, who knows the baby will be in position at later stage..

So far since wk 29, my bb head always facing to the right side, head down already but still not facing my back side. My gynae never mentioned anything about this too, and i'm alrd in my 37wks now..

Regarding weight, my bb on the small size too if considering you gynae's measurement, although my gynae still said normal size.. my baby was 1.7kg on 31k 3d, then 2.1kg on 33wk 6d, then 2.5kg on 36wk 3d.. on my next check up i think she will only be ard 2.7kg.. sighz..

I;m thinking whether got chance for me to deliver normal if bb's growth rate is like around 400gr ard 2wks..

jeewoon0908

Hi everyone. I'm new. My EDD wld be somewhere 3rd wk of Oct. Hope everyone is excited about their coming arrivals too.

I've heard of people doing squatting exercises to get their baby to turn. Don't know if it works.

My first child was very small too. Gynae had me induced at 37 wks and she came out only weighing 2.1kg.

So now, I add in lots of lean beef, mutton into my diet. I also try to take full boiled eggs every other day. Eating durian will help to make bb grow but don't take too much. 1 or 2 pieces will be enough.

Although my bb nw is only 2kg at 33 wks, I'm happy. Gynae mentioned that everything's good too. Said to continue eating healthily. So, don't worry too much, ya? They will put on weight very fast in these last few weeks.

stephiechu

To make u feel better, I just came back from my gynae checkup today n my baby's weight is only 1.7kg n I'm at 32wks. I'm even more depressed.. Doc say baby's a little small.. But I've gained like 10kg already.. I dunno what I can do to make baby gain weight.. :(
dont feel depressed cheerieger. My babygirl also weighing at 1.7kg going 1.8kg at week 32. Its perfectly normal. But for me , doctor say its not normal. cos I only gained 3kg so far. He said I might not have the strength to push if I were to go for normal delivery. Hais.

kwokm

Hi everyone. I'm new. My EDD wld be somewhere 3rd wk of Oct. Hope everyone is excited about their coming arrivals too.

I've heard of people doing squatting exercises to get their baby to turn. Don't know if it works.

My first child was very small too. Gynae had me induced at 37 wks and she came out only weighing 2.1kg.

So now, I add in lots of lean beef, mutton into my diet. I also try to take full boiled eggs every other day. Eating durian will help to make bb grow but don't take too much. 1 or 2 pieces will be enough.

Although my bb nw is only 2kg at 33 wks, I'm happy. Gynae mentioned that everything's good too. Said to continue eating healthily. So, don't worry too much, ya? They will put on weight very fast in these last few weeks.
Welcome jeewoon. Yea eating more proteins less carbs and sugar is definitely good diet.

As for squatting, i only know those with low lying placenta should avoid squats. I've not heard of squatting can make bb turn but I've heard that Gynae can try to somewhat massage the baby into position. But then again I don't think it's from breech position though.

kwokm

dont feel depressed cheerieger. My babygirl also weighing at 1.7kg going 1.8kg at week 32. Its perfectly normal. But for me , doctor say its not normal. cos I only gained 3kg so far. He said I might not have the strength to push if I were to go for normal delivery. Hais.
Hi stephie

Is this your first? U must still look very slim at this stage? Having puton only 3 kg even on 3rd trim. U need all those energy to push my lady. Trust your Gynae is advising u on your weight along the way.

PeiPei A

Mine is 1.8kg @ 33wks only. @ 29wks was 1.3kg.. Gain so little in a mth :(

Did a detail scan @ tmc to see why BB so inactive, result not so good. Sonography said my afi index has reduced to 6.3, normal range shld b at least 8. Spend whole day at tmc so din hav the chance to meet gynae, he said will look at the report and get back if got any prob but never...

Did some research online and found that I might be having afi leak. No wonder sometimes my panty feels wet even with panty liner. Next appt is 1 mth later but i so worried the leakage continues... :(

stephiechu

kwokm- Yes dear. My first baby. Cos im actually on the meaty meaty side before pregnant. Now I'm in my 34 weeks and recently I got rashes on my stretchmarks and its really super itchy that kind! Dunno whether isit PUPPPS. argh. Feels terrible man! Hv been scratching non stop.