EDD Oct 2013

hui_ru_88

Any mummies delivered at MEH recently? If yes, possible toshare your total bill for single bedded for NVD with epidural and how much cashdid you top up?

Thanks in advance :)

hi mummy. my daughter was also estimated at 3.6kg at week 39 and my gynae suggested c sect. i decided to go for surgery the next day to meet my baby! so ihad 24 hours to prepare.

it is not impossible to deliver a 3.6kg baby. but there are other factors involved, like your water level, baby engaged or not, r u already starting to have contractions or is ur cervix open.
for me at week 38 when baby was 3.4kg, i chose to wait another week. at week 39 my bb was still high, cervox still closed etc
which conributed to my decision to have the surgery.

and guess what my daughter urned out to be only 3.3kg but her head circumfrence is big which is why she didnt engage despite my contractions
. the final decision is urs. sometimes docs jus wanna save time i feel.. c sect is more definitive while anything can happen in labour. also i had an inner fear of having to do emergency c sect... which also contributed to my decision.

all the best ya.

HI,
I am from the Nov thread. But stopped being active for a few months. I visited the doctor this morning, and found that my baby is 3.5kg at 38 weeks. She was 3kg last weds. And prior to that, her growth was normal.

My doctor is adrian woodworth from Thomson medical hospital. He suggest a c sect which i am not prepared for. And my baby girl can be out this weekend if i like to, making it an oct baby. Is there any mums here that has successfully delivered a baby abt 3.5-3.6kg naturally? This is my first child.

Alisa

during my 1st birth, the room mate sleeping beside me give birth to a 4 kg baby naturally but her tear is up till anus... she is in pain till she cannot urine naturally and she don drink water. she was then force by the nurses to pee. the decision is yrs.

hapimint

during my 1st birth, the room mate sleeping beside me give birth to a 4 kg baby naturally but her tear is up till anus... she is in pain till she cannot urine naturally and she dont drink water. she was then force by the nurses to pee. the decision is yrs.
My first bb is c-sect due to pre-eclampsia so for my 2nd bb, though he is already 3.5 kg at 38 weeks, i still have not taken him out as I still want to try natural. My gyn says still possible as he had patients giving birth to over 4kg bb naturally...
but I was told that I will not be induced coz induction cause long labour which is dangerous for me coz I had c-sect before...
and I was warned that if bb really turn out over 4kg and refused to come, he will recommend c-sect...

creamyz

HI,
I am from the Nov thread. But stopped being active for a few months. I visited the doctor this morning, and found that my baby is 3.5kg at 38 weeks. She was 3kg last weds. And prior to that, her growth was normal.

My doctor is adrian woodworth from Thomson medical hospital. He suggest a c sect which i am not prepared for. And my baby girl can be out this weekend if i like to, making it an oct baby. Is there any mums here that has successfully delivered a baby about 3.5-3.6kg naturally? This is my first child.

Hi Euphonymusic, I also under dr adrian but I see him at the sengkang branch. I jus delivered a bb gal of 3.7kg by dr adrian last fri via csect at my 38wks. My bb was 3.5kg when she was 36wks...and dr adrian suggest csect as he worried bb too big (as I am petite, he worried cannot come out) and end up I may go for emergency csect which is more ex and in the end I waste time and money.

I am like u which from the first I want natural birth and really worry abt the csect procedure, but after I went thru it last wk, it's really very fast process and the midwives, dr adrian and anesthesia dr are all very supportive in the OT, the anesthesia dr even play music for me to relax myself....lol. The whole process is painless and u got to see ur bb fresh from "oven", as I only half body numb. The moment is amazing. The only pain I encounter is when they numb me (an injection) before they inject the spinal block to block my half body... After the medicine take effect u won't feel anything from chest down.

However the final decision is urs, hope my above expeRience dO give u some support! :)

Xtinee

Hi mummies, just visit my doc, baby not growing for a week and fluid is low, booking for a induction tomorrow morning. Hope will go well

Update: just lost mucus plug, now having mensus cramp and back ache, not really very painful so waiting it out, hope no need induction tomorrow hee hee. Feels like mensus coming hmmmm hope I can sleep tonight

Last edited:

nrl

I gave birth thru emergency c sect too. The whole process is fast n i think its less than 30mins... I immediately get to see my baby after the procedure. The feeling is really unexplainable..

I opted for epidural so it wasnt really a pain when they inserted the needle on my bck but more like tingling effect... And becos ure half paralysed so u will feel difficulty in breathing but trust me you are just breathing normally cos its just that we're not used to not feel our chest area expands when we breathe...

Moments after c sect was painful in the post op area. But my pain threshold was high still they inserted painkiller thru my butt cos i cnt stand it! N it lasted whole day so literally i was in no pain that one day.

Pain came on second day.. I was told to walk the second day. Super painful but it jus took less than 30mins for me to walk to the toilet. Trust me u will do anything to go home with yr baby so painfully withstanding the pain of walking will be easy..

I had coughs n thats the only pain i hated! When i cough n sneeze... That really put tears on me even when i hv really high pain threshold lvl...

Other than day, it will be almost 2weeks soon and pain lvl is just fine unless too much walking...

Hope this help mummies to

Xtinee

Nrl thank you for sharing, your experience really helps me in pushing for virginal birth no matter what, sounds like you are in a lot of pain, and I heard some mummies taking a month to heal.
Finger crossed tomorrow

all the best Xtinee!

ya healing after csect sucks. its not so pain and the outer wound closed in less than a week., but have to take super duper care.. like handicap like tt. and ya la if kena cough then tough.
got one day i laugh too much then my abdomen became sore. now its been one month. no pain, can walk, get up easily. but cant carry anything heavier than my bb or bend here n there.
given a choice vaginal birth is best but in my pregnancy alot of things didnt go the way i planned. lol.

Xtinee

Ok heres how my induction works:
Am 3cm dilated since a month ago, now cervix soft but only 50% eff. Baby is high up not engaged but dropped.

8am inserted Pitocin to thin out cervix, doc says to wait 6hrs, after the first hr monitoring baby heartbeat and giving laxative, im free to walk around and eat. Doc will come ard 2pm see if he wants to break my water to kick start labor. He says projected will deliver evening time.

Now after 2hrs contraction getting more frequent, and a bit dull pain.

Hi xtinee,
Jia you k. Once water bag burst, things w start to roll fast. B brave n use all yur might to push. Jus listen to e instruction of yur gynae, when they say push hard, u push hard, small push jus push lightly.. To avoid tear.

Soon u w see baby! We r supposed to share e same edd 27th oct if not wrong but my girl came
On 11/10. Jia you:)

Xtinee

Xiaoxiaowanzi:835964 said:
Hi xtinee,
Jia you k. Once water bag burst, things w start to roll fast. B brave n use all yur might to push. Jus listen to e instruction of yur gynae, when they say push hard, u push hard, small push jus push lightly.. To avoid tear.

Soon u w see baby! We r supposed to share e same edd 27th oct if not wrong but my girl came
On 11/10. Jia you:)
Thank you xiaoxiaowanzi, yes yes its 27 oct and im like the last few now haha. Shes not big so hope I will be able to push her out soon- provided she engaged :eek:

euphonymusic

hi creamyz,
thanks so much for sharing. I am still undecided. PArt of me really like to take a gamble and try. How is your healing process? It is been a week since you gave birth?
I did read up that adrian:s stitching skills is really good. How much did your bill came up to?

nrl

I wud suggest normal birth.. Yap.. Almost a month yet the aftercare is up to a yr. I was even told by the docs to try not conceive again too soon due to the incision.

If i hv a second later on much when baby no 1 is older i definitely will go for normalbirth...

I feel like total handicapped cos cnt move around much to do hsework.. But all in the mind so gotta push myself..

Trust me vaginal birth is better..

Xtinee:835887 said:
Nrl thank you for sharing, your experience really helps me in pushing for virginal birth no matter what, sounds like you are in a lot of pain, and I heard some mummies taking a month to heal.
Finger crossed tomorrow

shahan

Hi everybody.
Congratulations to all mothers who have given birth....enjoy the special bond & moments you have with ur baby.
And mums-to-be...be patient & calm, for, u're gonna see ur precious little baby real soon!

Just to share my experience
My edd was on 18/10 & I gave birth on 19/10 after having regular contractions. Went to hospital at 12midnite with cervix 3cm dilated, contractions got much intense and closer and because i didnt take any pain relief, i had the strong urge to push and baby was born at 3.42am. Labour was a fast process as I kept telling myself to keep calm so that everything will move on fast n smooth. Baby's weight is 3.7kg.
I encourage all mums to try vaginal birth as much as possible as that's the best for our body. And healing process will be a breeze too.
Enjoy motherhood everybody!

Stephy

hi all, i delivered my baby girl 2.97kg on the 22nd via emergency c section.
although the process is really long and painful but the result is wonderful!

summary of my birth story.
induce for 12hours, fully dilated but my girl is not fully engaged
my gynae did ask me to try pushing but i guess the 'distance' is quite long and im extremely tired (epidural dun really works on me initially and i tahan the pain until 6cm b4 they adjust the epidual tube for me)
fever also start running so no choice have to go for c-section

anyway...

good luck & jiayou to all the oct mum-to-be!

Last edited:

Meowmummy

Hi all mummies, our bundled of joys has finally arrived! I went thru 9hrs induction, dripping plus tense contraction, cervix only open 1 cm.. at last baby is out thru c sec. We both safe n sound.
Currently I BF my baby...still in learning stage...already bf third times so far so good. The feeling is so amazing n can't believe I'm a mother now. I can feel his warm body n crying when we first met. My first experience in my life n this is valuable!!
For those who almost there, pls hang on n you will see your lil one real soon. Ya, we can arrange outing next time.
Yenleesk, congrats! yes the feeling of being a mother is truly amazing and wonderful!

Meowmummy

HI,

My doctor is adrian woodworth from Thomson medical hospital. He suggest a c sect which i am not prepared for. And my baby girl can be out this weekend if i like to, making it an oct baby. Is there any mums here that has successfully delivered a baby abt 3.5-3.6kg naturally? This is my first child.
Hi there,

my baby 3.56kg, i tried natural, but failed, in the end c-sec... this is my 1st baby.
good luck to u!

Meowmummy

hi all, i delivered my baby girl 2.97kg on the 22nd via emergency c section.
although the process is really long and painful but the result is wonderful!

summary of my birth story.
induce for 12hours, fully dilated but my girl is not fully engaged
my gynae did ask me to try pushing but i guess the 'distance' is quite long and im extremely tired (epidural dun really works on me initially and i tahan the pain until 6cm b4 they adjust the epidual tube for me)
fever also start running so no choice have to go for c-section

anyway...

good luck & jiayou to all the oct mum-to-be!
Congrats! All are over! but we both suffer double pains! If i hv known my baby can't come out, i wld opt for c-sec straight away. I cried during the c-sec...will all the emotions running around
Now we focus on out baby and nursing our health back!

Xtinee

Hi all, i delivered my baby after nearly an hour of pushing, she was sideway but my doc helped in adjusting her. Did try to go without epidural but in the end cant take it. Doc.say.im a good.pusher but pelvis shape a bit strange.

Had to use forecept to bring her out, baby coming to me in 2hrs time for milk. Dont tink can sleep.tonight. hubby need to go home soon as im on 2bedder, but the other bed is empty hee hee