EDD Oct 2013

waa.. look at the cost very scary. hahaha.
someone's giving me preloved cot and tub and bouncer. going to look for car seat and pump and bottles at the fair..i think i'll get a baby carrier first. stroller not yet.
clothes (homewear/onesies/etc) and blankets, play mat, towel i did ask my parents/in laws to help buy .lol. i thick skin.and i asked my sisters and sister in laws to look out for cute stuff for my Princess. haha!

i do have some friends who wanna get me gifts i might ask them to buy bottle steriliser/warmer.. this is optional tho but nice to have..

thats all ba... acually newborns dun need that much stuff..haha.

oh diapers and baby wipes n stuff will get towards the end...

mums the word:791679 said:
someone's giving me preloved cot and tub and bouncer. going to look for car seat and pump and bottles at the fair..i think i'll get a baby carrier first. stroller not yet.
clothes (homewear/onesies/etc) and blankets, play mat, towel i did ask my parents/in laws to help buy .lol. i thick skin.and i asked my sisters and sister in laws to look out for cute stuff for my Princess. haha!

i do have some friends who wanna get me gifts i might ask them to buy bottle steriliser/warmer.. this is optional tho but nice to have..

If I remember correctly. .there is one wholesale shop that sell baby clothes, napkins, towels and etc in terms of 5 pcs (more or less) near the goddess of mercy temple at bugis area..can go there and find if interested. .

joyfulmum

mums the word:791679 said:

Wow u gonna hv a baby girl,sure alot of cute cute things to buy! I donno gender yet so can buy everything but clothes!

TVH

I just went to Baby Kingdom and Baby Hyperstore too. One stroller can cost about $600. I want to faint....I can't bear to part with my money to buy anything yet...going home to do more research...faint faint faint...

faint is a good word! lol. even with research i'm having problems... so many choices out there.. can never know for sure what's a good buy for baby or not. sigh.

ok ladies.. dun max out credit cards or burn pocket holes k, spend wisely. still gotta invest on raising baby! haha not nagging, this is a note to myself too.

Wow u gonna hv a baby girl,sure alot of cute cute things to buy! I donno gender yet so can buy everything but clothes!
hehe ya! i'm trying to control myself.buy one is not enough. i will buy too much... thts why i ask my sis/sil to help.. haha. older gen taste different so i ask my parents to buy the generic clothing pcs.
i must focus on the breast pump! (leaving the car seat to hubby. haha.)

when will u know? exciting right!

weeeii

My baby stroller will be sponsored by my sis, car seat and babypen still okay for me. the medela breast pump is actually very ex, single cost $300 and double cost $600. I didnt buy at baby kingdom because i might be able to get it at a discounted price. Bought a philips steriliser though at $100+, now they have this promo pack that comes with a few free gifts and they will deliver together with the rest of the items.

weeeii. medela freestyle is it ? or the pump in style?
ok maybe i shd check out baby kingdom before gg to the fair for better comparison.

btw i'm awake now coz baby is tap-dancing happily and i cant fall back asleep. i miss my sleep but so reassuring to feel her moving ! happy sunday everybody!

TVH

I am deliberating between freestyle and pump in style advanced. I searched Amazon and it is selling Pisa at 400+. I got friends using freestyle and pisa. What is the difference?

TVH

Thanks faithmummy. Pisa can't bring to work? It costs a lot more than freestyle. My friend also told me the same thing. Freestyle is a lot more convenient to bring to work but Pisa suction is better. I'm also worried hat I might not produce enough milk so if I invest too much on the pumps, it might end up wasted. Do u think it is wise to get a second hand set? I'm worried abt hygiene factor. So many things to fret abt!!

TVH

actually i also get second hand set
you can choose to ask them how long they use..... and view the item before buying...
i have a friend who breastfeed for one year
she say we all sure got milk one... but we must be hardworking to keep latching the baby for the first month....
Be sure to drink alot of water.... and also to drink more nutritious soup such as Papaya fish soup to boost the milk supply.
THere are some nursing tea in the market whereby we can buy to drink to boost our supply too
have faith in ourselves :)

For new Freestyle set, you can buy from the US market, cost around $550 for a new set....

http://megababystore.wordpress.com/

Last edited:

TVH

Thanks faithmummy!! I guess too many things to buy and all cost so much, a little frustrated.

The website looks good...it's selling a lot cheaper than in stores. I'm comparing against Amazon too but USD appreciated so maybe not a good time to order from Amazon now too..

weeeii

joyfulmum:791869 said:
Can the playpen be used as a cot?
Hi joyfulmum, yes it can. I didnt want to buy a wooden baby cot because it cant last long. The playpen/cot can use till the baby is 3. You can remove the 'baby cot' portion and it will be a playpen.

joyfulmum

weeeii:791873 said:
joyfulmum:791869 said:
Can the playpen be used as a cot?
Hi joyfulmum, yes it can. I didnt want to buy a wooden baby cot because it cant last long. The playpen/cot can use till the baby is 3. You can remove the 'baby cot' portion and it will be a playpen.
Ohh okie great!! Narrow down my options! Haha..

Alisa

actually cot can use up to primary school is yr child is small size, cuz the side can be remove and got a changing headboard to a smaller wan so its like a bed. mine was pass down from my sis. i bought capella stroller, that time was with infant car seat... (waste of $$ cuz it alone is already heavy.. with baby inside, its very hard to carry...) both for around $300+ only. will be still using the stroller for my 2nd wan.

neighbourhood infant care is more cheaper and if you are on leave, u can still leave yr baby in infant care and rest at home. or during some sat, u wan to have a morning movie time with yr husband can also leave yr baby there and pick up after movie! hee... this is what i did.

i have a free bottle of pregnancy milk formula for pregnant lady when i sign up for SBI, any mummies wan? collection at Pasir Ris!

TVH,

ya many mummies bought pump from that website.... in fact, you can also look for second hand if you don't mind.

oh i didn't know playpen can be converted to bed for kids...
but i have a playpen and a cot .... and the cot is said to be convertible to bed..... not sure how it looks like yet.

Anyone thought of buying Manduca Carrier?

Anyone thought of buying Manduca Carrier?
Thinking about it, but cannot decide.. also narrowed down Combi because it has the lying-down option for younger babies..which i thought would be better for their spines. but Manduca also claims their carrying position is the best. but the baby legs sticking out to the side looks uncomfy to me.

Manduca can be used till the child is much older so will have longer mileage, but combi has the option of carrying baby in a sling other than 'kiaped' in front.
I'm very indecisive...i'd have both if I could! lol. :err:

shinyshin

Wao~ u all quite fast!
I havent done any researched yet....

For Stroller:
My sis is using combi now...seems quite nice! can easily open the stroller even when she's alone with baby!

Anyone heard of Quinny? i saw at vivo city last time..hehee...will take note when strollers passed by me during shopping >.<
Is it nice/ expensive?
Is the baby kingdom u all said is popular to get a stroller? :p

For Pump:
Anyone using / has comments on Avent double pumps? Cos my sis said she can pass down to me as Avent "not suitable" for her breast size...so ended up she bought medela n she break feed for one year plus.
So i m thking not everyone suitable for all brands huh? hmmm....

For Playpen/ Cot:
I am also thking...those playpen looks cuter.. >.< n seems like quite comfort..haha....
so you all will go for playpen? or cot? >.<
Any brands recommended?