EDD Oct 2013

marchies

What's a ctg test? At 37 wks 3 days last apptment and have never done it. Just found out my gynae will be on leave next wk so hoping my baby will stay inside till edd. Fingers crossed! Take care everyone rest as much as possible n take things easy at work!

eileenyoyo

Anyone been advised to do a CTG test? I've been advised by my gynae to do even though my pregnancy is progressing well...I wonder if it's really necessary....it's money again...
Hi TVH,

I did my ctg scan on Monday. It's to monitor baby heartbeat, movement and our contraction.
My gynae explain saying that it's to see when we contract, does baby movement and heartbeat reduce or slow down. If reduce or slow down may mean that baby umbilical cord might be around his/her neck. That will be dangerous.
Its not very expensive, around $55.
So if gynae advise to do, just do it then

shahan

Hi everyone,
I'm at 37 weeks now and I was also thinking if CTG scans are really necessary if the pregnancy has been going well. I was quite unaware for my #1 and went along with whatever the gynae suggested. But now for my #2, I'm more aware of the procedures involved in childbirth and almost half are unnecessary! At this stage, I'm still unsure abt the necessity of doing CTG scans, so I'll consult my gynae on this to hear her view.

Anyway, anyone decided to do delayed cord clamping? Got to know abt the benefits of it and decided that I'm definitely going for it. Moreover, you only need to wait for 2-3mins before clamping the cord. Mums-to-be can read more abt it here. Delayed Cord Clamping - How Delayed Cord Clamping Significantly Benefits Your Baby

I'll be delivering at NUH, edd is 16 oct. Anyone having an edd closeby?

TVH

Oh so it's quite common? I googled and most articles mentioned that CTG was advised only if there were problems with baby's heartbeat or baby's movements have decreased. I didn't think it was a regular check from week 37 onwards. Can CTG give an indication on how soon we are to giving birth?

shahan, my edd is 15 oct :)
will be delivering at gleneagles. I'm hoping that baby comes out a few days earlier because my gynae would be away for a seminar on the week of my due date. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my baby's due date too!

shahan

TVH, It is common to do the CTG scan but just not sure whether it is mandatory. Yep, what you read online is true. That's the procedure if you experience problems anytime in the pregnancy. But in normal cases, most gynaes do it too, to know that your baby is not stressed. Gynae might be able to indicate birth period if you have strong contractions and cervix has alredi dilated. If the CTG scan is normal and the baby is doing fine, then it'll be hard to say.

Oops, I hope the gynae going on a seminar is not worrying you too much. Maybe you can start doing lots of squats and walking from 38+wks onwards to encourage delivery earlier!

Qinqin

Yeah..u r so power..now I going to 36 weeks n I start my leave.mi think is better to rest more as I realised water retention is geting bad if sit whole day in office..
babywipes:829069 said:
yes felish82, i have been easily annoyed by hubby too, and also grumpy/moody because all kinda positions sitting/standing/walking/sleeping also not comfortable. i m currently 39 weeks and just had my coconut water last night. during most of last night's sleep my belly was very hard and sometimes painful and also my ribs hurt. so afraid it is gonna be D-day! but apparently not. here i am at work in the morning and typing this message out...hahaha

eileenyoyo

Hi everyone,
I'm at 37 weeks now and I was also thinking if CTG scans are really necessary if the pregnancy has been going well. I was quite unaware for my #1 and went along with whatever the gynae suggested. But now for my #2, I'm more aware of the procedures involved in childbirth and almost half are unnecessary! At this stage, I'm still unsure abt the necessity of doing CTG scans, so I'll consult my gynae on this to hear her view.

Anyway, anyone decided to do delayed cord clamping? Got to know abt the benefits of it and decided that I'm definitely going for it. Moreover, you only need to wait for 2-3mins before clamping the cord. Mums-to-be can read more abt it here. Delayed Cord Clamping - How Delayed Cord Clamping Significantly Benefits Your Baby

I'll be delivering at NUH, edd is 16 oct. Anyone having an edd closeby?
hi shahan,

I did my ctg scan on Monday. Whether is it necessary, I think it depends on the gynae.
As this is my first baby, I take all the advise given by my gynae.

i have requested to do delayed cord clamping for my baby too. Heard and google about the benefits.

My edd will be on 19 Oct, going to deliver at Gleneagles.

eileenyoyo

Oh so it's quite common? I googled and most articles mentioned that CTG was advised only if there were problems with baby's heartbeat or baby's movements have decreased. I didn't think it was a regular check from week 37 onwards. Can CTG give an indication on how soon we are to giving birth?

shahan, my edd is 15 oct :)
will be delivering at gleneagles. I'm hoping that baby comes out a few days earlier because my gynae would be away for a seminar on the week of my due date. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my baby's due date too!
Hi TVH,

From what I know, most of my friends did ctg scan around week 36-37.
Or maybe because my baby is on the smaller side, so gynae wants me to do the ctg scan.
For my ctg scan, it does show that I do have contraction but very mild contractions. Gynae did say that if contractions is stronger, then most pro will go into labour soon.

I will deliver at Gleneagles too. My edd will be 19 Oct.

Last edited:
wow theres quite a number of MTB edd 15/16/19 october! i believe the gd news will kp coming!
i jz had 36weeks chkup. baby 2.6kg. for 2 weeks he gained 300g while i gained 500g.
keep seeing shots of baby's face. so cute. my obs chk my cervix n its not bleeding. so my pink stain at panty liner shd be okie at the moment as long as no waterbag burst or bleeding.
i'm still having pink stains after a nite slp, instead of daytime. reali puzzles me n her.
but me n hubby thinks d pink stain could b a sign my labor is earlier than edd.:D

Meowmummy

me too! kind of emo. maybe work morale is low. i feel pain here and there, if i don feel well, i will take half a day to rest.my foot abit swollen aso. i countin down my edd 23 oct. hopefully can work until 18 oct... wana save as much annual leave for my baby next year. we all must gabateh!!!! and hang on!

babywipes

i never had a ctg too (in my 39th week) but my gynae will monitor the baby's blood volume in the cord or something. for water retention, try to keep your feet up when you are sitting down, don't sit for too long, try to walk around a bit after sitting for awhile. and drink more water too, it helps to move the water around. will be having my check up tomorrow. btw how does ur gynaes check for dilation of cervix? must the doc look down there or can be down from a monitor?

hmm black roselian so pink stain is normal? but its not alot rite? sorry tmi, sometimes i feel a gush and its pink or brown tinged discharge , getting worried so gg to get it checked.

i think my case not so simple so have to go for the ctg more often.

check cervix, the gynae will use her fingers. uncomfortable n can be painful if ur super sensitive

due to d pink stain my doc put a scope in my private part to see. got no bleeding. she put her hand in to feel too. cervix not opened. abit discomfort but mayb due to long time no sex... haahaa :eek:

mums the word, initially pink stain not alot. but nowaday it has increased. mayb a bit worried but theres nothing i can do.
baby is fine, moving n kicking.
could b d vagina cleaning tats y d discharge / watery stain.

Meowmummy

Anyone keeping the placenta and making it into pills to eat?? Heard got health benefits, like prevent postpartum depression and boast energy level up for the mum.

TVH

my friend's gynae told her that the placenta acts like a liver for the baby, it processes all the toxins...so eating the placenta is like reintroducing the toxins back into your own body....so don't bother eating.....but there are diff schools of thoughts for this..depends on what u believe in...after my friend told me this, i find it quite true...so i abandoned that idea...

Meowmummy:829492 said:
Anyone keeping the placenta and making it into pills to eat?? Heard got health benefits, like prevent postpartum depression and boast energy level up for the mum.
yep, i will have it processed n encapsulate. n i will have signed up for d cord blood donation too.

littlej

Hello! Me just did my first ctg today at week 39. Will be doing a ctg at week 40's visit if baby not out yet. With the ctg, doc said i am not having any major contraction and he also did a cervix check. i guess both factors will let us know if baby is ready to face the world or chances of success if go for induction. Costs less than $50 at tmc with the FBI card. The fetal heartbeat sounds like horse galloping!!! Hahahah.

As for placenta consumption, nah - too new age for me. And erm I cannot imagine consuming that is part of my body!! Also - my other worry is this is not officially regulated with hsa's guidelines - what if it is not encapsulated properly. And agree with what tvh mentioned that the placenta is where stuff travel in and out of the baby... But of course, this is just my personal opinion lah. Different strokes for different folks.

Sigh. My baby is snugly comfortable inside me. Don't wanna come out!!! 3.4kg, not engaged, cervix is shut!!!

Hi blackroselian,

I hav signed up w scbb to donate my bb cord blood too. Do u have any idea whether we can still request for delay cord clamping? Hmm.

Thanks!