EDD Oct 2013

TVH

My baby weighed 287.8 at 19 weeks too. Now I'm abt 21 weeks...I think the weight of baby would have passed 300g. How much is considered fat for the baby? I have put on 4kg. Gynae told me need total 12kg...how to achieve 12 kg sia!?!

tvh, dun worry too much.. diff ppl put on differently.. we still got halfway to go. haha.
i alrdy put on8kg!! but since week 14 till now week 22 my weight nvr change but my belly continue expanding.
during my week 21 scan, baby was about 340 gm. but my doc nvr say anthing tho, i asked if my weight ok she say yes!

littlej

My lil' munchkin was 363g at 20 weeks. And I topped the weight gain chart at 10 (TEN) kg!!!

Now embarking on a healthy diet - no margarine, no sweet / carbonated drinks (incl green tea, winter melon tea etc), no fried / oily food, no more weekly 汉堡包 and 薯条 And at least 5 x 30min walks with my dog per week. The best part is, I have been doing weekly yoga, weekly Pilates and weekly swimming and 2 x 30min walks with my dog and i dont even snack - so weight gain must be from food I guess...

Tvh - I can happily give you tips on how to gain weight...

hehe littlej u so funny. good that u r really active!

yup eat well, thats the best. i totally skip desserts and sweetened drinks. i had a sweet tooth before pregnancy but lucky now totally no mood for sweets.
err.. my weak spot is buttered croissants and pastries. actually buttered anything. lol!!
i cant exercise much (cant walk far) coz of my on-off spotting but doc say i can try yoga since i did it before pregnant but she say watch the discharge lo.. scared.. but tired of being inactive..

TVH:793654 said:
My baby weighed 287.8 at 19 weeks too. Now I'm abt 21 weeks...I think the weight of baby would have passed 300g. How much is considered fat for the baby? I have put on 4kg. Gynae told me need total 12kg...how to achieve 12 kg sia!?!
Erm..I put on 1.5kg when I am in my 17 weeks..but now not very sure.....but my gynae did not comment on my weight gain..maybe its cos that I am still vomiting. .hmmz

TVH

Wow littlej, u r soooo active! It makes my once weekly yoga seem like nothing! Haha...
I hope all the weight goes to the baby though...I dont want to put on too much. Wait v hard to lose.

I'm contemplating medela Pisa or freestyle. I'm at the expo now. Just bought the Avent steriliser set, Avent bottle warmer and baby back support. Not much discounts for breastpumps. Freestyle is selling for 799 and Pisa selling for 699 which is the same price as what u get from outside like Robinson's.

I got the playpen from metro sale yest at 99 too. Comes with free pillow and bolster.

TVH

my baby is 408g in 21 weeks.... dr said its normal..
You can get the Avent Bottom Cream from Avent Booth... the price is cheap... $14 only....

TVH

Ooh I read your reply too late! I'm put of expo...It's crazy...so many ppl ...there is john little fair here too...

littlej

I must be the only one who didn't go (and won't be going) to expo. My old man came up with yet another fabulous reason - "it'll be very crowded, later people knock into you and you fall how..."

I am vicariously experiencing how the motherhood fair is like from all of you. Sounds like everyone grabbed good deals and all prepared!!!

weeeii

I went to the fair too and it was so crowded omg! Nothing much from Motherhood i guess, spent most money at the food expo instead. I bought the huggies newborn and small size diapers!! It's cheap, 2 packs for $10 only!! My dad said can buy first since its cheap.

joyfulmum

Luvthemoment:793988 said:
May I know which booth at the motherhood expo fair I can find aden & anais swaddle and Manduca carrier?
Hmm not too sure abt manduca carrier,i bought the Ergo carieer, not bad too. $191 after discount. I realized mothercare is also having 15% discount. The fair is not too huge so i suppose its quite ez to find!

littlej - doc said take note of colour, qty etc.. coz i got unexplained spotting for some time. nowadays no blood but sometimes got weird colour so must report.. so everyday wear panty liners and monitor. if discharge almost colourless, is normal... too yelow or other colours or itchy and smelly must tell doc.
for me i noticed more activity more discharge but got no medical reason for doc to order me more bedrest. lol. so she say can exercise but start slow.

expo - i not only went to the motherhood fair i visited the IT fair and food fair too!! hahahaa. no choice must use IT fair to convince hubby.lol..ya crowd was crazy when i left. motherhood fair was the least crowded of the three. and alot of ppl are pregnant so everyone was careful. lol. but ppl pushing strollers very irritating(inside the strollers are their shopping hauls!)
i bought some newborn diapers, avent steriliser&warmer(i see this is the popular choice. lol) and tried some strollers and carseats and playpens so we can buy later.
i still cannot decide on the pumps- though the Avent discount was attractive.

mummies my hubby said sth very interesting.. if buy the pumps now, will the waranty start now.. coz we only using maybe 5 mths later? so rugi abt half a year waranty. haha. so i think i'll go to the faie to look/feel what's available and buy the pumps last.

ya i also scared of the crowd. have a good weekend ladies!!
Hihi, for Medela, the warranty starts from your EDD even if you buy it now and register the warranty now. Not sure abt the other brands.

I must be the only one who didn't go (and won't be going) to expo. My old man came up with yet another fabulous reason - "it'll be very crowded, later people knock into you and you fall how..."

I am vicariously experiencing how the motherhood fair is like from all of you. Sounds like everyone grabbed good deals and all prepared!!!
dun worry! we're far from prepared. i bought 3 things only. but baby's nursery is still 4 bare walls, and there's so much stuff left to prepare! ur old man will chiong in the last trimester gettig everything ready. hehe. just like mine (he said he wanna get the wardrobes/dressers for the room and repaint walls, till now havent) i must admit i got not much urge to get stuff also.. but my colleagues/family keep saying-eh u 5 mths aleady dun want to prepare anything ah.. so now i can say i did sth! lol

TVH

I want to repaint my room to prepare for the baby too. Also getting a new wardrobe for my baby. My friend told me this is a nursing effect. Happens to all mums to be...haha

Oh I didn't see manduca or ergo booth there, I was looking for those 2 too. I only saw baby bjorn but my friend said baby bjorn, the baby's legs will be dangling when u carry. Manduca or ergo has a wider base I think...something like that...

TVH

there is no manduca in this Fair.... but Ergo is there, cheapest is $143 up to $191, so far thats the few i saw.... the designs are quite nice..
however i had already gotten my manduca secondhand.... and Manduca is better, in my opinion.. in terms of weight and baby back support
There is a spree in the other forum which has a spree that sells Manduca ($175 for normal colors, $185 for blackline series, $195 for limited edition)
unfortunately, i was not allowed to paste the link here.