EDD Oct 2013

june83

Same with Mums the word, I will be taking 2 weeks of my annual leave and follow by 16weeks maternity leave.

joyfulmum

june83:805965 said:
Fox having sales now until 14 July. Baby t-shirt $5 each, legging (depends on design) $7.90 each, Rompers $9.90 to $13.90, baby pants $9.90, Snoopy Romper with legging sets $13.90. I brought total of 6pcs and 2 romper and legging sets cost me $80.
June83,

which Fox branch u went? Wonder if all branches hv sale

june83

Hi joyfulmum, I think is every Fox branch having sale. Is on their website. The branch I went to is at Thomson Plaza as my gynae is located at there.

williammm

Dear to-be-mummies,

I need some advises. My wife was complaining abt the bed and i spent a bit of time to look @ our bed.
I realised my 2 years old Kingkoil (bought it @ 2.2k) is sagging in the middle. Was thinking of changing to Sealy but my mum warns me.

Is it ok to change bed during pregnancy?

spyvonne

erm, but if the bed not safe then u also need to change wor.
just ask ur wife dont be in the house/ room can le.

or she go another room slp. its a myth if move anything in the nursery room-to-be, esp drilling is not ideal.

karelia

For those who are planning to put your baby at infant care center, have you booked a place (i.e. pay a deposit)? I am not sure how early I should pay a deposit... Thx!! :)

Alisa

i booked with my son's infant care so easier. have not pay deposit yet. ytd the school told me their office have refund me the deposit on my son's infant (he is now is playgroup so deposit is cheaper) so planning to use the same amount to pay for the deposit.

Alisa

i will go for c-sec again as my 1st is also c-sec and if i were to go for natural birth, they will have risk... husband and i do not wan to risk it so just go for c-sec. recovery around 6 days after opt. i will be clearing my annual leave then my 4 mths maternity leave, only 1 week in advance. i will leave some leaves for next yrs for baby's jab. when my 1st son was born, i cleared all my leave just for him...

i will go for c-sec again as my 1st is also c-sec and if i were to go for natural birth, they will have risk... husband and i do not wan to risk it so just go for c-sec. recovery around 6 days after opt. i will be clearing my annual leave then my 4 mths maternity leave, only 1 week in advance. i will leave some leaves for next yrs for baby's jab. when my 1st son was born, i cleared all my leave just for him...
I supported women who try natural birth after caesarean. They are risk for 2nd caesarean too. You can do some research if you are open to the idea. Best for your baby.

Butt8rfly

Hi Ladies

The carrier may want to get when you have your baby with you. First time mothers best hold baby to test. I use mini monkey sling and Manuka carrier. Can check out youtube on how these works before going down to trial with baby.

For the pump, if you are determined to bf, no need to wait to see if you have milk. There are ways to increase supply, like eating well, lots of fish, or drink lots of water. Or increasing pumping frequency (rather than having longer pump duration). What is important is your mindset. Can read up on Kellymom.com

Constipation can be resolved by drinking more water. Or taking papaya besides prunes. Same for swells in leg.

Leg cramps need more salt.

My #2 is expected to be a girl too. No change to edd on 10 Oct. I had G. Diabetes for #1 but was lucky not to have it for #2. Still latching #1 though my milk supply has gone due to pregnancy. I intend to bf both (aka tandem bf) once I am able to. I feel bf should last till at least 3yr old but with expressed milk.

I strongly encourage everyone to try bf till at least 6 months. dont't give up. Bf even if you don't have milk, is also a source of comfort for our babies. They need to feel body warmth to be secured. This is our natural instinct.

All mummies jia you! Remember to pack your emergency bag.

Last edited:

joyfulmum

Butt8rfly:808131 said:
Hi Ladies

The carrier may want to get when you have your baby with you. First time mothers best hold baby to test. I use mini monkey sling and Manuka carrier. Can check out youtube on how these works before going down to trial with baby.

For the pump, if you are determined to bf, no need to wait to see if you have milk. There are ways to increase supply, like eating well, lots of fish, or drink lots of water. Or increasing pumping frequency (rather than having longer pump duration). What is important is your mindset. Can read up on Kellymom.com

Constipation can be resolved by drinking more water. Or taking papaya besides prunes. Same for swells in leg.

Leg cramps need more salt.

My #2 is expected to be a girl too. No change to edd on 10 Oct. I had G. Diabetes for #1 but was lucky not to have it for #2. Still latching #1 though my milk supply has gone due to pregnancy. I intend to bf both (aka tandem bf) once I am able to. I feel bf should last till at least 3yr old but with expressed milk.

I strongly encourage everyone to try bf till at least 6 months. dont't give up. Bf even if you don't have milk, is also a source of comfort for our babies. They need to feel body warmth to be secured. This is our natural instinct.

All mummies jia you! Remember to pack your emergency bag.

Hi butt8fly,

u got ur menses and got pregnant while still breastsfeeding ur #1?

Havent stepped into 3rd tri yet but starting to pant easily, backache, sore legs even when i don walk too much.. fatigue! But i know time flies and soon bb will be out! Jia you all mummies! :D

Bao Bao Mummy

Hi, have you booked postnatal massage lady? I saw one at Expo baby fair called BabiesBellies. Dun know if i should book with them. 7 sessions at $420 + transport around $56. Any other recommendations?