EDD Oct 2013

hi... hmm well im ok with female obs as long as she recommends. im still thinking shd i switch d doc now to someone she recommended? or i may deliver naturally early by her? my obs i think is on holidays

littlej

Hahaha I don't blame gynaes for going on vacations - they need a break too.

But - I think they should have the decency and due diligence to inform you before-hand, before you signed the package or when their vacation is planned. Or at least pre-empt when he/she might be on vacation so as patients, we can decide if we would want to go with this doc. That is only fair.

I went to dr tc Chang website and the dates he are away are clearly stated on the website. That is good.

I mean - as working women - we do that too right.... We don't unexpectedly go on vacation - leaving our teammates in a lurch...

yenleesk

Hi Xiangxiang Mama,

Ya I hope I can make it on that day for natural birth. Basically I got major bb stuffs from my siblings. All store in bb room esp bb wear haven't unpack to wash. I think my preparation only 70% ready.. the rest items like milk bottle, bb cream, toiletries etc haven't buy yet. Very soon have to dig out everything n jot down short of what.
This is my first bb, I wonder can manage it or not. No experience on taking care of bb before but everybody is the same I think. Just learn from experience haha... I hope can breast feed my bb if possible too. Pretty looking forward to meet my lil one n feeling nervous too. Kind of mixed feeling at times. :D

XiangXiangMama:816861 said:
Yes Qinqin, I have to hold my hip in order to stand up. Quite painful at times. I hope I can take the pain as I wish to go for natural birth without epidural. As of now, I haven't get ready bb things yet. Dunno start from where first. Not sure when should I start wash all old n New bb stuffs ..a month before my edd?
Hi yenleesk,
Good to hear that you are planning for natural birth. The best option for you and your baby. What have you done to prepare for your natural birth? Is this your first birth?

Qinqin

I think should be ok de..I jz went for check up..30 weeks at 1.4kg
marchies:814944 said:
At 30 wks my baby was 1.1kg. But gynae said ok. I guess if gynae says ok then should be ok ba

thanku82

I have washed baby clothes during national day long weekend. And I forgot to buy the umbrella type drying rack, end up I used many hangers, think more than 30pcs, and clip type for handkerchieves, 2 clothes in 1 hanger, so tired.

Last edited:

yenleesk

Hi thanku82,

Do you use normal washing powder or specific bb washing powder ? Bcos somebody told me I must buy bb washing powder. I can't find it at supermarket near my place.

thanku82:818097 said:
I have washed baby clothes during national day long weekend. And I forgot to buy the umbrella type drying rack, end up I used many hangers, think more than 30pcs, and clip type for handkerchieves, 2 clothes in 1 hanger, so tired.

thanku82

Yes, I got free sample of kodomo laundry detergent and softener from Thomson medical member goodie bag. You can find it from normal supermarket like ntuc. The bottle look like baby shampoo with cute animals cartoon you may overlook. I saw it at baby section in giant
The clothes after wash got baby smell

otherwise, make sure washing machine will rinse thoroughly.

Last edited:

thanku82

Btw, mum to be, how many pc of diaper prepared? What brand you choose for day and night?
My mum buy 4 pack for size s but only 1 pack 64's for newborn. She said NB last only for 2 week. But I think 64's only enough for 10 days

oh no have i done my baby a great disservice by washing all her stuff with normal detergent? haha i hope not coz i read that unless we change all our regular detergent, not much diff also coz baby will be in close contact with our clothes most of the time. i suppose it's up to individual mama's!

i bought some newborn size clothes..the rest are gifted from family n friends. i realise the newborn clothes are so tiny! if my baby comes out big wont be able to fit. lol. and i also have 4 packs of huggies newborn diapers which i now learnt are small cut.

if i have number two i now know to skip the newborn size everything!

have u guys sorted ur baby names? my hubby and i are still undecided!

littlej

Hmm. I thought baby's stuff need to be washed with baby detergent cuz there could be some ingredients in the normal wshing powder that will not be suitable for baby skin. remember baby skin is very raw and thin layer of dermis so more sensitive - unlike adult skin which is made of more layers and hardened as we grow older. And baby clothes are the first contact with baby skin...

Just like milk bottles etc cannot be washed with mama lemon but with baby safe cleaners. And just like baby cannot use dove to bath but baby soap. And just like milk bottles need to be thoroughly sterilized - not like adults can just wash and leave to air dry then can use already.

Mums the word - hmm, if I were you. I will re-wash everything with baby detergent. Just to be safe lah. But that's just my personal opinion.

u r right about the bottles thing. but thats for consumption...if no sterilizer we would use hot water. ok i go ask my mum.. but she may be more old school than me and say didnt use special detergent on me too..hmmm..but today there's so much more chemicals than last time!

thanks littlej i go find out more, if need to i'll ask for hlp to rewash..'pun-chit' already!

thanku82

you r right about the bottles thing. but thats for consumption...if no sterilizer we would use hot water. ok i go ask my mum.. but she may be more old school than me and say didnt use special detergent on me too..hmmm..but today there's so much more chemicals than last time!

thanks littlej i go find out more, if need to i'll ask for hlp to rewash..'pun-chit' already!
Haha, think don't need to rewash, but buy the baby laundry for next wash and wash again for those not worn together.

yenleesk

Thanks to mums the world for the info abt the diaper.
I shall wait till last visit to gynae then buy diaper base on bb weight. Just in case buy too small cut diaper in advance.

As for bb name, we will let fengshui master see my bb bazi then decide.

mums the word:818704 said:
oh no have i done my baby a great disservice by washing all her stuff with normal detergent? haha i hope not coz i read that unless we change all our regular detergent, not much diff also coz baby will be in close contact with our clothes most of the time. i suppose it's up to individual mama's!

i bought some newborn size clothes..the rest are gifted from family n friends. i realise the newborn clothes are so tiny! if my baby comes out big wont be able to fit. lol. and i also have 4 packs of huggies newborn diapers which i now learnt are small cut.

if i have number two i now know to skip the newborn size everything!

have u guys sorted ur baby names? my hubby and i are still undecided!

yenleesk

All mummies, shall I avoid those heaty food liked durian, longan, laichi etc in 3rd trimester? Some ppl say now shld start drink abit coconut water or green bean soup to cool down bb temp, else when bb come out will easily get jaudice. Is that correct? This is my first time.. need to.seek advice fr experienced mummies here if can.

babywipes

hahaha i also wash all the baby clothes with my own detergent, and i not intending to buy sterilizer for baby bottles too, just use hot water to kill the germs. now not sure how to clean my breast pump though...do we need to pack the pump in our hospital bag?

also, any mummies intending to bring ur own pads to the hospital? i heard hospital will provide pads but will charge ridiculous prices for them.

babywipes

All mummies, shall I avoid those heaty food liked durian, longan, laichi etc in 3rd trimester? Some ppl say now shld start drink abit coconut water or green bean soup to cool down bb temp, else when bb come out will easily get jaudice. Is that correct? This is my first time.. need to.seek advice fr experienced mummies here if can.
My MIL told me last Sunday that yes, you should start to drink Coconut water soon (maybe in ur 9th month) so that BB will be "clean" (ie has good skin). she says her daughter drank coconut for the first one and BB was clean, and second baby didn't drink and was not so clean...

yenleesk

May I know how often should I drink coconut water? Once week or everyday in my 9th mth?

babywipes:818830 said:
My MIL told me last Sunday that yes, you should start to drink Coconut water soon (maybe in ur 9th month) so that BB will be "clean" (ie has good skin). she says her daughter drank coconut for the first one and BB was clean, and second baby didn't drink and was not so clean...

thanku82

hahaha i also wash all the baby clothes with my own detergent, and i not intending to buy sterilizer for baby bottles too, just use hot water to kill the germs. now not sure how to clean my breast pump though...do we need to pack the pump in our hospital bag?

also, any mummies intending to bring your own pads to the hospital? i heard hospital will provide pads but will charge ridiculous prices for them.
Yes, must bring. I read from other thread, for example, TMC give the cheap loop type pad which sold at supermarket around $1.70 but charge $4. ($4 should be not up-to-date price)

Of course $4 compare to your total bill size is not much, but there are many item been charged without your knowledge.

I read from some bill size of TMC in 2009, more and more item are charged for "out of package item".