EDD October

Alisa

Amazingly yes, he can wake up 4-5hr later for milk if I let him! But I won't. Yesterday, I tried waking him up every 2.30hour for feeds. Its a torture to me waking him up coz he's so sleepy and sometimes I want to just let him sleep, dont disturb him. Very heartache to see him sleep so nice and I have to wake him up. But I tell myself that is for his good. If he keeps sleeping, he won't get his nutrients and won't grow well. I hope this can be instilled as a habit - to wake up 2-3hourly for feeds. So far, yesterday is good. At least when he wakes up, he drinks his milk for at least 5-10min. Can you imagine I use 1hour to feed him 20min of breast milk?! faint!
Dear all, I had given birth to my prince on 21st oct.
Today is his day 2 at Hm. He sleep from 3am till 9am and did not cry for milk and wake up smiling. I just breastfeeded him but how would we know if the supply is enough for him or not?
Hi mummies , I gv birth on 21.10.2011 @ week 38.
We just got discharge today :) Baby is 2.79kg .
In the hospital since Fri, i let baby latch on and in. Today I got breastmilk keep flowing and wet my top.
But my baby is very sleepy, he refuse to suck no matter how I massage, unswaddle, swaddle, tickle....
He just wanna sleep. How do I he him to drink? Today he no poo only urine 2 times
Did any of u mummies drink DOM? Cuz i heard alcohol make babies sleepy wan. Congrats to Joanneneo & Hotmilktea!!!!

nattynat

Induced on the 3 October as there's still no contraction.

Labour took about 3+ hours...

7.58am - 4cm dilated. Gynae ruptured waterbag.
8.38am - Began oxytocin drip.
10.20am - Gynae checked 5cm dilated.
10.35am - Midwife checked 5cm dilated.
10.45am - Midwife checked 6~7cm dilated and head stationed 0.
10.50am - Called gynae.
11.00am - Gynae arrived. Super pain so started using laughing gas.
11.10am - Started pushing.
11.20am - Popped!

:)
Congrats Triquetra!! :) your bb's really too cosy inside. Haha.. Good that he's out now :) rest more yah :)

And u can really "tong" lo.. 7 cm then use the laughing gas. Perhaps the pain threshold is better for the second child? Cuz my friend didn't take the epidural for the second child :)

nattynat

Congrats joanneneo & hotmilktea!! :) rest more yah :)

I'm always dripping with milk especially when it's almost time to feed and pump. Btw I feed expressed milk cuz easier to track how much de bb drinks as compared to latching on. I started latching on but she rejected my left breast initially. Now I just latch her on both sides once in a while cuz latching on requires lots of time. She takes 1hr if she latches on :) now she's drinking 70ml - 100ml :)

Those who need more milk can try drinking lactating milk to increase the supply. Works pretty well :) I'm drinking anmum, mamil mama and similac mum interchangeably

hotmilktea

No, I don't drink DOM or any alcohol.
He is too sleepy to latch on, after a while he fall back to sleep.
Now I pump it out, also to relieve the breast, if not engorgement soon, now is already warm and swollen.
When will new born be aggressive to drink?

Mindyling

Congrats joanneneo & hotmilktea!! :) rest more yah :)

I'm always dripping with milk especially when it's almost time to feed and pump. Btw I feed expressed milk cuz easier to track how much de bb drinks as compared to latching on. I started latching on but she rejected my left breast initially. Now I just latch her on both sides once in a while cuz latching on requires lots of time. She takes 1hr if she latches on :) now she's drinking 70ml - 100ml :)

Those who need more milk can try drinking lactating milk to increase the supply. Works pretty well :) I'm drinking anmum, mamil mama and similac mum interchangeably

hi nattynat,
im so envious that you have so much milk... can be dripping everytime...how many times do you drink the lactating milk each day? how long and how much milk do you pump each time? when you pump do you need to squeeze the breast?

lyra

Omg hotmilktea, I have exactly the same prob as you! My baby has jaundice so he tends to be very sleepy. During the first week we discharged from hospital, I tried all my best but he just drink a few min n fall asleep. I was so depressed that I cried n cried. Every evening, I cried.

I called parent craft and BMSG counsellor. The BMSG counsellor is excellent! Her name is Eveline n she taught me to compress my breast like expressing milk into baby's mouth when he's sleepy. That will stimulate him to drink. Try only when you c that he has stopped. dont compress too much.

She also taught me to not keep baby too warm n snuggy, can unswaddle him, keep his legs free, tickle his ears n legs when he fall asleep etc.

Now my baby does not look so yellowish n he's drinking more. But he is still a small eater, sometimes 10 or 20min per feed is enough for him. My milk flow tends to b faster on one of my breast so I guess counting min isn so accurate a gauge. I pumped out my breast n it seems in 10min, a lot of milk can be pumped out already so I'm not too worried.

The parent craft counsellor isn so good. She insisted that I must wake my baby up n feed him 30min per breast per feed. I was like huh! I'm faced with a sleepy baby... 20min of feed is already very good, moreover my baby was only 1 week old then! She made me more depressed, as I tried desperately to feed him 30min n cried when he dont feed 30min :(

Now my baby is more awake n he can feed whenever I wake him up 2 hourly but he will drink little bit. In evening, he will suddenly drink a lot like 30-40min before he goes to sleep for the night. I'm also not sure y but I just feed on demand and go with his flow...

Oh n congrats on the birth of your darling baby!

No, I dont't drink DOM or any alcohol.
He is too sleepy to latch on, after a while he fall back to sleep.
Now I pump it out, also to relieve the breast, if not engorgement soon, now is already warm and swollen.
When will new born be aggressive to drink?

Last edited:

hotmilktea

Hi lyra, thanx for sharing ur tips!
For some reasons I don't knw y, my boy suddenly turns so hungry and keep on sucking my breasts for milk this morning at 3am.
I was abt to go warm the milk but since he is crying so hard I tried to let him suckle, glad it works.
My breast same as u, 1 side faster/more flow. Whenever he suck or I pump 1 side, the other side will keep flowing , very wasteful I feel.
And my breast also keep leaking milk, I refuse to wear bra coz it makes me feel so breathless.

Btw, my baby is day 5 today, he hasn't poo at all. His last poo is on hospital on Sat. Isn't because he wasn't feeding well since sun till today that's y no poo? When can I expect poo? He did pee and there are traces of bilirubin.

Omg hotmilktea, I have exactly the same prob as you! My baby has jaundice so he tends to be very sleepy. During the first week we discharged from hospital, I tried all my best but he just drink a few min n fall asleep. I was so depressed that I cried n cried. Every evening, I cried.

I called parent craft and BMSG counsellor. The BMSG counsellor is excellent! Her name is Eveline n she taught me to compress my breast like expressing milk into baby's mouth when he's sleepy. That will stimulate him to drink. Try only when you c that he has stopped. dont compress too much.

She also taught me to not keep baby too warm n snuggy, can unswaddle him, keep his legs free, tickle his ears n legs when he fall asleep etc.

Now my baby does not look so yellowish n he's drinking more. But he is still a small eater, sometimes 10 or 20min per feed is enough for him. My milk flow tends to b faster on one of my breast so I guess counting min isn so accurate a gauge. I pumped out my breast n it seems in 10min, a lot of milk can be pumped out already so I'm not too worried.

The parent craft counsellor isn so good. She insisted that I must wake my baby up n feed him 30min per breast per feed. I was like huh! I'm faced with a sleepy baby... 20min of feed is already very good, moreover my baby was only 1 week old then! She made me more depressed, as I tried desperately to feed him 30min n cried when he dont feed 30min :(

Now my baby is more awake n he can feed whenever I wake him up 2 hourly but he will drink little bit. In evening, he will suddenly drink a lot like 30-40min before he goes to sleep for the night. I'm also not sure y but I just feed on demand and go with his flow...

Oh n congrats on the birth of your darling baby!

lyra

Hmm what is traces of bilirubin in urine like? My baby poo green bits of poo mixed with some yellow at first n I think it's due to bilirubin too. Now it's mustard yellow colour. I heard from breastfeeding talks that if total breastfeed baby did not poo, it's common bcoz they digest the milk so well that there's no waste produced but of course it's better to check.

Maybe u can give BMSG a call? The counsellor may not b able to return ur call immediately but they will.

U can stand not wearing bra? Haha. My milk keeps dripping, wetting my shirt n my bed so I muz have bra n pad on all day. At nite, I'll air dry the nipples for awhile.

Glad to know baby is suckling well! Hope ur baby gets better soon!

Hi lyra, thanx for sharing ur tips!
For some reasons I don't knw y, my boy suddenly turns so hungry and keep on sucking my breasts for milk this morning at 3am.
I was abt to go warm the milk but since he is crying so hard I tried to let him suckle, glad it works.
My breast same as u, 1 side faster/more flow. Whenever he suck or I pump 1 side, the other side will keep flowing , very wasteful I feel.
And my breast also keep leaking milk, I refuse to wear bra coz it makes me feel so breathless.

Btw, my baby is day 5 today, he hasn't poo at all. His last poo is on hospital on Sat. Isn't because he wasn't feeding well since sun till today that's y no poo? When can I expect poo? He did pee and there are traces of bilirubin.

joanneneo

I am having bad engrossment till armpit as I though baby latch on is enough.
Went to hospital for Advice on the feeding. Nurse say I am too full with milk ask me full breastfeed.... But sometime baby cry n cry n reject hiks. Having hard time as sometime he wan formula milk maybe it fast sucking from bottle but sometime he reject n wan breast milk. When he is too hungry he wan both. Hmmm...

I realize baby will mostly fall asleep after latch on but will still awake after drink forumla milk, is it true? Or it just coinicident ?

hotmilktea

The traces color is red or orangey.

By the way, any mummies here had forceps delivery?
Mine is and since i deliver on fri till now still painful.
Please advise me how I can heel better. :(

Painful mummy

Hmm what is traces of bilirubin in urine like? My baby poo green bits of poo mixed with some yellow at first n I think it's due to bilirubin too. Now it's mustard yellow colour. I heard from breastfeeding talks that if total breastfeed baby did not poo, it's common bcoz they digest the milk so well that there's no waste produced but of course it's better to check.

Maybe u can give BMSG a call? The counsellor may not b able to return ur call immediately but they will.

U can stand not wearing bra? Haha. My milk keeps dripping, wetting my shirt n my bed so I muz have bra n pad on all day. At nite, I'll air dry the nipples for awhile.

Glad to know baby is suckling well! Hope ur baby gets better soon!

mehmehto

Hi mummies, I have 1 motherlove more milk plus to let go at $50 incl postage. 120 capsules. Expiry 06/2016. PM me if u're interested.

Maybe you can give BMSG a call? The counsellor may not b able to return your call immediately but they will.

you can stand not wearing bra? Haha. My milk keeps dripping, wetting my shirt n my bed so I must have bra n pad on all day. At nite, I'll air dry the nipples for awhile.

Glad to know baby is suckling well! Hope your baby gets better soon!
hi, lyra n hotmilk tea,
are u eat ginger as u breastfeeding the babies? my 2 weeks old baby got Janice also, the doctor ask don't breastfeed the baby if I eat ginger. unless I stop taking ginger.

Hi mummies,
anyone know why fever during confinement?
Is this what old people said 'air go into body'? Or breastmilk blocked?
Anyone faced before? Can share the experience.
Thanks.

quesmama

Hi Pangsn,

Did u see any redness on yr breast? I had fever/ cold on and off for almost a week during confinement and later confirmed that it was early stage of Mastitis..need to see doctor and take antibiotics to totally recover.

Go and consult doctor if unsure. Take care!

hotmilktea

Hi, I only took minimal ginger, like few slices only. For breastfeed baby, all these sld be
Minimal.

hi, lyra n hotmilk tea,
are u eat ginger as u breastfeeding the babies? my 2 weeks old baby got Janice also, the doctor ask don't breastfeed the baby if I eat ginger. unless I stop taking ginger.

Hi mummies,
anyone know why fever during confinement?
Is this what old people said 'air go into body'? Or breastmilk blocked?
Anyone faced before? Can share the experience.
Thanks.

lyra

Hi! I dun take ginger at all now that bb has jaundice. U shd avoid ginger too. Few of my relatives say nvm it's ok to take ginger when breastfeeding jaundice bb but they r not the breastfeeding generation, and the nurse at childbirth edu class specifically say cannot, so y risk baby's health?

Hi, I only took minimal ginger, like few slices only. For breastfeed baby, all these sld be
Minimal.

hotmilktea

Hmm.... Luckily only had it on Monday. Tues and today food no ginger!

Hi! I dun take ginger at all now that bb has jaundice. U shd avoid ginger too. Few of my relatives say nvm it's ok to take ginger when breastfeeding jaundice bb but they r not the breastfeeding generation, and the nurse at childbirth edu class specifically say cannot, so y risk baby's health?

Ashleybee

Hi delivered my girl 8 days ago, my breast milk fr two side is only about 60ml max.
I find it too little, how many ml are u all getting?