EDD October

Hi Pangsn,

Did you see any redness on yr breast? I had fever/ cold on and off for almost a week during confinement and later confirmed that it was early stage of Mastitis..need to see doctor and take antibiotics to totally recover.

Go and consult doctor if unsure. Take care!
Can we still breastfeed when take the medicine? I went to see the chinese medicine this evening. Feel like not working. Cause the cold and fever still come at night time. End up, I eat panadol, then the fever gone.

Is the doctor said what this will happen??

hotmilktea

I think is a good amt right? Anyway baby also cannot finish so much. My boy is day 6 today and max he drank is 40ml.
Each time I pump to 80ml coz I want to relieve my breast and still let him latch on.

Hi delivered my girl 8 days ago, my breast milk fr two side is only about 60ml max.
I find it too little, how many ml are u all getting?

Stephy126

Hello Mummies!!

I delivered my baby Gal on 9.10.11 (Natural Birth with Epidural), baby weight 3.6 kgs at birth. Now Am feeding my baby both Breast Milk and formula as my current milk supply is not enough for my baby gal. Total pump from both breast (with 3 to 6 hours interval) is about 80ml to 120ml and each feeding would consume approx. 60ml to 80ml.

joanneneo

I think is a good amt right? Anyway baby also cannot finish so much. My boy is day 6 today and max he drank is 40ml.
Each time I pump to 80ml coz I want to relieve my breast and still let him latch on.
60ml for my baby like not enough he still wan latch on.
I hardly can pump so much. Max 30ml as I will be having alot of backache.
The pump position for me to pump make me have to move forward n headdown like that.
After pumping awhile body ache

lyra

Ur bb drink too much will vomit out milk? Mine does so after every feed, I'll hold him upright n hug him awhile before putting him down. He still only drink 10-20min per feed n that seems enough for him. How long ur bb take to finish the 60ml?

60ml for my baby like not enough he still wan latch on.
I hardly can pump so much. Max 30ml as I will be having alot of backache.
The pump position for me to pump make me have to move forward n headdown like that.
After pumping awhile body ache

quesmama

I took panadol too fever went off but came back the next day so better take antibiotic. Tell doc tht u r breastfeeding n he will prescribe the appropriate medicine for u. don drag further like I did cos it onlymakes matter worse.

I took panadol too fever went off but came back the next day so better take antibiotic. Tell doc tht u r breastfeeding n he will prescribe the appropriate medicine for u. don drag further like I did cos it onlymakes matter worse.
which doctor u see? gp or kk? I want go out to see doctor, but raining. old people said cannot go out. I feel die soon.
anyone go out when raining?

lyra

Hi! It's more urgent to c doc n get urself some med. Maybe wear a jacket n bring a gd umbrella? I also went out during rainy day.

which doctor u see? gp or kk? I want go out to see doctor, but raining. old people said cannot go out. I feel die soon.
anyone go out when raining?

hi, quesmama.
can I have the name of antibiotic? cause I went to see doctor this afternoon, he give the antibiotic but he ask don't feeding the baby. I must throw the breast milk. until I fully complete all antibiotic. feel waste to throw away my breast milk.

joanneneo

Ur bb drink too much will vomit out milk? Mine does so after every feed, I'll hold him upright n hug him awhile before putting him down. He still only drink 10-20min per feed n that seems enough for him. How long ur bb take to finish the 60ml?
Sometime he will vomit out milk... Have to pat him to ver so that wun vomit.
He can finish 60ml in 5-10mins. Mostly I latch on so I am not sure how much he actually drink.
But I can latch him for very long until he stop and push out himself.

lyra

Hi Joanne, yup, the lactation consultant die die ask me feed 30min but I think by 15min he can drink a lot le. If 30min won't that be too much for him? I scared him dun get the hind milk so I pumped out quite a bit first so that he gets some fore milk and hind milk.

I now take care to burb him well and ensure he has no sucking sound when drinking so that he will not vomit so much. Now he only "vomit" a bit of milk that trickles down his chin. I guess that's a reflex due to weak stomach muscles.

Sometime he will vomit out milk... Have to pat him to ver so that wun vomit.
He can finish 60ml in 5-10mins. Mostly I latch on so I am not sure how much he actually drink.
But I can latch him for very long until he stop and push out himself.