EDD October

Potofstars

Thnx Hakida! You sound like you are in medical line :)
i think I'll have to call the polyclinic I went to to ask. They did not offer these vaccines to me n didn't tell me about them too. Is it very necessary to immunize baby against these? I have friends who never give their kids these vaccines.
Hi Lyra, rotavirus vaccine is optional. Polio vaccine which can be given through injection orally is compulsory. Other optional vaccines are the pneumococcal vaccine and chickenpox (varicella vaccine) :)

lyra

Yes I'm still latching on. I'm currently staying home. I didn't measure how much milk I add. I just add until the consistency is right, not too lumpy and not too liquid.

yah,must pay for consultation fees,but My PD will also assess her growth and answer our enquiries at the same time.

Are u still latching on directly ?How much breastmilk do you add into the brown rice?

Hakida

Lyra,

how many times do you feed the brown rice ?and how do you know if your baby still want to drink milk after eating the brown rice?

lyra

I want to ensure he still takes more milk then solids so I breastfeed him every time before feeding solids. About 30min after breastfeeding, I will give brown rice. He doesn't take it well all the time. Sometimes he fusses and turns away. I still manage to get him to eat a bit. I believe solids are supposed to complement and not replace milk intake so I'm ok if he takes less solids.

I feed him brown rice in the morning one time and then in the evening I'll give him brown rice if I've no time to prepare fruits purée. If I have time to prepare, I'll introduce new fruit purée one new type a week.

I give milk before eating solids, after eating, no more milk until next feed.

Lyra,

how many times do you feed the brown rice ?and how do you know if your baby still want to drink milk after eating the brown rice?

Hakida

I want to ensure he still takes more milk then solids so I breastfeed him every time before feeding solids. About 30min after breastfeeding, I will give brown rice. He doesn't take it well all the time. Sometimes he fusses and turns away. I still manage to get him to eat a bit. I believe solids are supposed to complement and not replace milk intake so I'm ok if he takes less solids.

I feed him brown rice in the morning one time and then in the evening I'll give him brown rice if I've no time to prepare fruits purée. If I have time to prepare, I'll introduce new fruit purée one new type a week.

I give milk before eating solids, after eating, no more milk until next feed.
So is Breast feed first then solids 30 mins later and still add breastmilk into the solid?

lyra

Hakida, yes.
ksohfeng, will it be too filling? Coz my baby dun really like the solids, he'll make a mess and spit out some of it so I think it's better to give him more milk. Strangely, he prefers to hold finger food n put them in his mouth, like when i scrap banana and feed him, he'll turn away but if i give him one whole banana (mini type), he'll grab and put into his mouth. So I think I'll try to make some finger food for him instead.

Wah... Too full anot?

Hakida

Hakida, yes.
ksohfeng, will it be too filling? Coz my baby dont really like the solids, he'll make a mess and spit out some of it so I think it's better to give him more milk. Strangely, he prefers to hold finger food n put them in his mouth, like when i scrap banana and feed him, he'll turn away but if i give him one whole banana (mini type), he'll grab and put into his mouth. So I think I'll try to make some finger food for him instead.
your son is so cute....don't like marshy food....I still must wait another 1 1/2 month to start semi solid food for my gal. Went shopping on Friday and bought alot of spoons and bowls for her....so eager to start semi solid food for her

Last edited:

Lostkitty

Have not being to the forum quite sometime.. Hope all mummies are doing fine with their little ones.

Now my girl have juz turn 6mths n started to learn how to sit and crawl. So happy!!! I have started to feed my girl cereal twice a day as my pd said she underweight. Last friday went for injection n she weighs 6.715. Ideal weight is 7kg. So i fine its ok so long shes eating n drinking well. Btw, have any mummies little ones started drinking milk lesser n lesser? My girl have being drinking at abt 80 - 120ml. Im not sure if my girl is tired of drinking milk. Abit worry but i see shes more happier when she sees the cereal bowl. So i guess shes more prepare to eat than drinking. H

audrerda

Hi!

Just found out that I'm 5 weeks preggie (yay!!) and will definitely be choosing Mount A for baby.
One Q, i am planning to have myself checked tomorrow but I've have yet to find a gynecologist.
Can I just walk in to Mount A for check-up tomorrow or is it wise to just go to a gyne clinic around my area?
Thanks a mills mumsies!!

Stephy126

Congratulations Audre! My gynae is Dr Koh, his clinic is at Toa Payoh (long waiting time even thou you have made appointment) but he's good, experienced and funny guy. I delivered my baby gal at Mt A under his suggestion last time. Perhaps you could check out more details before you decide on which gynae to go with.

Hi!

Just found out that I'm 5 weeks preggie (yay!!) and will definitely be choosing Mount A for baby.
One Q, i am planning to have myself checked tomorrow but I've have yet to find a gynecologist.
Can I just walk in to Mount A for check-up tomorrow or is it wise to just go to a gyne clinic around my area?
Thanks a mills mumsies!!

yingzy

Congratulations Audre! My gynae is Dr Koh, his clinic is at Toa Payoh (long waiting time even thou you have made appointment) but he's good, experienced and funny guy. I delivered my baby gal at Mt A under his suggestion last time. Perhaps you could check out more details before you decide on which gynae to go with.
I also went to Dr Koh! but i'm not going back to him again... i really don't like e nurse there... they seriously have some attitude problem... and e waiting time is really CRAZY! i can wait for 2 hrs loh! though he did a gd c-sect for me... but if i really hv a 2nd one...i will find another gynae i guess... i really cannot stand e nurse there...

yingzy

Hi!

Thanks a mills mumsies!!
Congrats babe! I think you should go to a good gynae around your area... go google/yahoo about e gynae's reputation before you visit them :) BTW Mt A is having (as usual) their renovation...so u might want to consider about that... i delivered in Mt A when e renovation was going on near e nursery.. it was really noisy on day 1 when i was nearer to e renovation... but after dat i shifted to e FURTHEST ward...i had my peace and can rest even during day...

Stephy126

Hello Kitty,

My gal is about 7.3kgs at 6m1w old. She's more happy to have cereal if compared to milk nowadays. Whenever she see her favorite eating bowl, she starts kicking and waving her hands with a big smile on her face! And yes, she take lesser milk nowadays, she used to consume 160ml last time before I started off solids with her.. and lately, she managed to consume 100 to 120ml milk with 2 to 3 feeding of solids daily (Approx. 2 scoop of frisco cream per feeding). I feed her some broccoli and peas last week and she seems to be ok with it.

Have not being to the forum quite sometime.. Hope all mummies are doing fine with their little ones.

Now my girl have juz turn 6mths n started to learn how to sit and crawl. So happy!!! I have started to feed my girl cereal twice a day as my pd said she underweight. Last friday went for injection n she weighs 6.715. Ideal weight is 7kg. So i fine its ok so long shes eating n drinking well. Btw, have any mummies little ones started drinking milk lesser n lesser? My girl have being drinking at abt 80 - 120ml. Im not sure if my girl is tired of drinking milk. Abit worry but i see shes more happier when she sees the cereal bowl. So i guess shes more prepare to eat than drinking. H

Stephy126

Haha Ying, I agree with you! The nurses are sucks!! I even complaint to Dr Koh once before they poke my palm for blood test as they said they cannot trace my blood stream from elbow eh... so painful.. and they didnt get it right the first time.. so they poke me twice!! *arggg* I normally go for Saturday's slot and the waiting time is really crazy!! Wonder if we see each other before or not :p

lyra

Hi mummy Stephy, when u feed ur baby broccoli n peas, did u steam them n then mash or did u blend them with blender? I gave baby potatoes mixed with breastmilk. I only steam n mash it. Organic potatoes taste lovely! Baby likes it a lot :)

Hello Kitty,

My gal is about 7.3kgs at 6m1w old. She's more happy to have cereal if compared to milk nowadays. Whenever she see her favorite eating bowl, she starts kicking and waving her hands with a big smile on her face! And yes, she take lesser milk nowadays, she used to consume 160ml last time before I started off solids with her.. and lately, she managed to consume 100 to 120ml milk with 2 to 3 feeding of solids daily (Approx. 2 scoop of frisco cream per feeding). I feed her some broccoli and peas last week and she seems to be ok with it.

Stephy126

Hi Mummy Lyra, normally I will steam the vege before I mash it or Blend it for my baby. Only when come to Avocado, I will blend it with some hot water for my baby as I feel that it's already high in protein for Avocado. Recently, the infant care start feeling my baby porridge (chicken with carrot or Fish with broccoli) and she seems loving it too.. :)

Hi mummy Stephy, when u feed ur baby broccoli n peas, did u steam them n then mash or did u blend them with blender? I gave baby potatoes mixed with breastmilk. I only steam n mash it. Organic potatoes taste lovely! Baby likes it a lot :)

Stephy126

Oic, whenever we give our gal new food, she will show us a awful looking face as if we are feeding her poison yet she continue to open her mouth for the subsequent feed :)

we give my son meat + broccoli + porriage but he don like. maybe bcuz thats the 1st time he try meat.

Alisa

mummies!!!! how to slim tummy ya!!! i am actually small size and my limps are slim... but my tummy is getting bigger... like i am 5mth preg... so sad...