EDD October

Hi! I also use colloidal oatmeal from pharmacy. Recommended by my obstetrician. I had itchy rashes prob. So serious that it affected my sleep n mood. But I discovered the cause of it. My stretch mark cream. Then I realized any cream I use gives me rashes. Not sure which components in them r guilty. I stopped all creams n all make up unless need go for special occasion. No choice, baby dum allow me to look pretty!
How about using oil for stretch mark instead? Because less possible irritants. Avoid any cream with fragrance. That can be the main culprit!

fernleafify, thnx for the advice n for liking my blog.
Mummies, thnx for the encouragements. I'm feeling much better now. Physical condition is affecting my emotions a little like constantly feeling hot n sweaty n the irritating Singapore weather, plus the need to walk longer distances for public transport, and feelings of breathlessness sometimes make me more irritable n upset. I tend to worry a lot recently but talking to hubby helps. I think my emotions r on a roller coaster ride. Haha. But yah, will try to avoid those unhappy things n try to do things that uplift my mood.

So far, I think yoga (with the breathing exercise that fernleafify suggest), baby stuff shopping with frens or hubby in air-con malls, avoid travelling under hot sun, n gng to bed filling full n satisfied helps a lot with keeping mood good. Also I try to avoid thinking about money n housing issues... Coz my new house juz came. Excitement but oso something to worry abt...
Yay, glad to know that you're better now :) Do you know that worrying is a negative form of meditation? So let the nature takes it course or let your HB worry about it instead. It does not bring you any good or provide you any solution by worrying :)

Alisa

Oopsie, it seems like I'm paying quite a sum for my visitations. I don't get any supplements from her 'cause my mom and sister bought them for me. As I said, consultation alone is $80 and if she charges for ultrasound, then it would be another $80 or so. However, at times she'll waive the ultrasound fee.

Anyone delivering at Mount E? Maybe we can say hi :) My EDD is 26 Oct
now my EDD become 23 Oct cuz my baby is big...

Alisa

How about using oil for stretch mark instead? Because less possible irritants. Avoid any cream with fragrance. That can be the main culprit!
i used Olive Oil in 1 trimester but it gave me rashes... i am using Johnson baby lotion (pink).

i used Olive Oil in 1 trimester but it gave me rashes... i am using Johnson baby lotion (pink).
There are many grades of body oil and I usually get the organic ones direct from a wholesaler and of course that means it's more costly. In fact for our skin now, olive oils one is not rich enough.

Alisa

There are many grades of body oil and I usually get the organic ones direct from a wholesaler and of course that means it's more costly. In fact for our skin now, olive oils one is not rich enough.
hmm... maybe my skin is not suitable ba... cuz my hubby used it since i cannot use, he don have rashes problem.

Alisa

Are you opting for natural or c-sect?
I will be going for another scan to see if my placenta got shift up or not. If my placenta is still low and doc encourage c-sec, i will go for c-sec. I do not wish to incur both natural & c-sec charges incase i don have strength for natual birth...

lyra

Mummies, u must be preparing for baby's arrival now? There are quite a number of sales going ard this National Day hols. Check out tualobang. I intend to get some bb stuff from Metro expo fair, take baby fair and NTUC :)

nattynat

Anybody has itch or rash issues? I only got it about a week ago. It doesn't disturb me during my sleep but I tell ya, it's enough for me to scratch myself like a monkey, while I'm awake!! I feel so yucky that I perspire practically round the clock, unless I'm in an air-conditioned room or a fan is blowing at me at medium speed.

Just want to share if you get rashes on face, which I did. I hope none of you have it. This is what I did and the rash is finally gone! Thank goodness.

I use a very mild cleanser (important!) and thereafter I put on this DIY mask (powdered oatmeal, low fat plain yogurt and a few drops of milk). After removing the mask, I use a toner and then finally I put on face oil as moisturizer. Face oil that I used in the day is argan oil and I use rosehip oil at night.

For rash on my limbs, I bought this lotion that contain colloidal oatmeal that can be purchased at Guardian pharmacy. The brand is Dermaveen. Actually I was using full range of organic face and body products but I didn't have a choice because the itch can drive me crazy so I have to use Dermaveen unless I stop to itch :001_302:

I'm a beauty product junkie so if I can be of help with anything about skin issue, do ask :)

Oh lastly, doc said it could be the allergens from the bird's nest :p So, no bird's nest for me :(

me me!! i had a bad case of rashes when i had high fever. so the doc was suspecting that i have either dengue or an allergy.
So they did a blood test for platelet count for me. Test results are fine though. So i think it's an allergy.

Mindyling

do you mummies vomit if you eat too much? im always late to realise i eat too much as my digestion is very slow.... and lately im back to my occasional pukings...

me me!! i had a bad case of rashes when i had high fever. so the doc was suspecting that i have either dengue or an allergy.
So they did a blood test for platelet count for me. Test results are fine though. So i think it's an allergy.
Not sure if it's heat rash huh? I suspected my rashes was due to my perspiration

I will be going for another scan to see if my placenta got shift up or not. If my placenta is still low and doc encourage c-sec, i will go for c-sec. I do not wish to incur both natural & c-sec charges incase i don have strength for natual birth...
Hope all goes well for you

Mummies, u must be preparing for baby's arrival now? There are quite a number of sales going ard this National Day hols. Check out tualobang. I intend to get some bb stuff from Metro expo fair, take baby fair and NTUC :)
Thanks for sharing! Nowadays I'm sooo lazy to go out. I can't stand for long during the MRT rides and commuters don't really give up seats to me. I even had a lady rushing for the corner seat while I wanted to turn around and sit down. These days, people will just stare at my tummy and continue chatting with her friends across her, etc. Of course there are kind commuters too but half the time, they'll just pretend to go to sleep the moment I board the train. The stressful life we have huh? Everybody's tired after work. I guess it's time to take cab if it's a long ride

Alisa

Thanks for sharing! Nowadays I'm sooo lazy to go out. I can't stand for long during the MRT rides and commuters don't really give up seats to me. I even had a lady rushing for the corner seat while I wanted to turn around and sit down. These days, people will just stare at my tummy and continue chatting with her friends across her, etc. Of course there are kind commuters too but half the time, they'll just pretend to go to sleep the moment I board the train. The stressful life we have huh? Everybody's tired after work. I guess it's time to take cab if it's a long ride
hmm... maybe the timing i took MRT wasnt that crowded yet so ppl saw me they will still give up their seats for me.

Stephy126

Slay your weight gain is amazing... Just curious you really control your diet fir this pregnancy huh? Me gained 6kg and baby is 1.6kg @ wk29 d4.
I didnt control my diet. Just that I tend to eat lesser if compared to my pre-pregnancy time and my poor hubby has to take care of all the left over from me. I dunno why my appetite become smaller after pregnancy thou...