EDD October

Stephy126

Yes, my baby did that to me too.. whenever I turn to the right side to sleep, I will feel her movement as to express her discomfort. Once I turn to the right side, she will stop her kicking and stretching. Now my tummy is getting bigger and my t-shirt are getting 'shorter' from day to day, might be unable to cover my tummy i a week time now..

Oh... My baby also keep stretching and kicking me when I turn to left side to slp. You can try putting a pillow at ur side to support ur tummy when u slp. Maybe when u slp at ur slp, ur baby feeling uncomfortable that y stretching n kicking u.

yinching

Yes, my baby did that to me too.. whenever I turn to the right side to sleep, I will feel her movement as to express her discomfort. Once I turn to the right side, she will stop her kicking and stretching. Now my tummy is getting bigger and my t-shirt are getting 'shorter' from day to day, might be unable to cover my tummy i a week time now..
Our tummy is getting bigger and when we turn to whichever side our bb will still feel uncomfortable. We need to put pillow to support the side of our tummy when we turn to slp. I put a small cushion at the left side when I slp. at least to make it more comfortable.

lyra

Haiz I didn't sleep at all until morning 8am, and woke up in the afternoon. So frustrating. Was in a cranky mood this morning. Got to find a way to sleep better! Still have abt 1 mth to go. Seriously, last nite I was wishing bb would come earlier than his EDD and spare me a few days of torture.

yinching

Haiz I didn't sleep at all until morning 8am, and woke up in the afternoon. So frustrating. Was in a cranky mood this morning. Got to find a way to sleep better! Still have abt 1 mth to go. Seriously, last nite I was wishing bb would come earlier than his EDD and spare me a few days of torture.
You have a few more weeks to deliver. Time flies very fast. Are you excited and nervous?

theknees

hi ladies... haven't posted in awhile... i've delivered on 21st Sept 10:06am :) my baby boy was 36weeks, 3.16kg, 49cm in length, head circumference 34cm.

already had some bleeding a few days before that and was dilated by 1cm... on the 20th i had alot more bleeding than usual, doc said i was around 1.5cm dilated, asked me to induce that night. went home and packed my stuff and quickly tried to wash up whatever else i needed to wash (so many things not ready yet at that time bleah!). admitted at midnight, pill inserted around 12:45am. my hubby stayed in the observation ward with me... started feeling more regular contractions after that... tahan-ed the pain for as long as i cld, cldn't sleep the whole night... almost wanted to give in and take epidural arnd 6am, the nurse told me if i want to take epi, have to tell them asap as they have to call the anaesthetist to come from home as there aren't any docs in the hospital at that time... she said my gynae wld be in around 7plus am... decided to try and tahan till my gynae came in... they wheeled me to the delivery suite around 7, when he came to check me, end up i had only dilated to 3cm!!! he then burst my water bag as he said everything was moving too slow, maybe i was too tense from the pain. asked me if i wanted any pain relief as he said the pain was gonna get much worse after the water bag burst. decided to go for the epi... but had to wait another 30mins for the anaesthetist to arrive... the pain really hit me then was screaming like a mad woman... even the gas was not helping at all, my hubby was trying to get me to breathe thru the mask but all i wanted to do was scream... was having very bad contractions and the nurse said i was pushing, cld feel i was shitting too bleah!!!

when the anaesthetist finally arrived, i did not really feel much pain from the injection and needle as the pain from the contractions was just too great. the numbness set in not long after... felt so relieved and relaxed and sleepy. really wished i had taken the epidural earlier. the nurse checked me abt 45mins later and said i had improved, had dilated to about 9cm by then. she then prepared me for delivery. asked me to start pushing on her instructions to get the baby moving along before she called my gynae to come back for delivery. pushed about 3 times with her. then the gynae came and i pushed about another 3 times with him and then i could hear my boy's first cry... :) such an amazing feeling. my gynae did not cut me as he felt my baby was small enough, ended up with only a very small tear and abt 2 stitches.

stayed at Thomson for 2 days. discharged last friday. single ward. they did not have the single ward available at first when i delivered, had to stay in a 2-bedded ward for a few hours before they had a single room available. my total bill was about $5k plus, $2100 can claim frm medisave, the remaining $3k plus by cash. yesterday my boy went for his first visit at the pediatrician, did the jaundice test as he was more yellow... end up he had to be admitted back for phototherapy... hopefully he can be discharged tomorrow... :( i miss my baby boy! went to visit him earlier today... looking better already.

Last edited:

lyra

Congrats, theknees! U described the entire procedure so vividly. Haha. Hope ur baby get well soon and can go homevwith you :001_302:

Yinching, Yup, I'm very excited abt baby's arrival and yet afraid of the labour. This preg hasn't been easy on me. Hopefully labour itself won't b too bad. Counting down to EDD!

I now put a folded blanket at the arch of my back and my baby is more guai, not kicking me too much or too hard anymore. I guess this makes him feel more comfortable.

yinching

Congrats, theknees! U described the entire procedure so vividly. Haha. Hope ur baby get well soon and can go homevwith you :001_302:

Yinching, Yup, I'm very excited abt baby's arrival and yet afraid of the labour. This preg hasn't been easy on me. Hopefully labour itself won't b too bad. Counting down to EDD!

I now put a folded blanket at the arch of my back and my baby is more guai, not kicking me too much or too hard anymore. I guess this makes him feel more comfortable.
Congrats too, theknees! Hope ur baby get well soon and can go home with you.

Hi Lyra,

good to hear that ur baby feel more comfortable after putting a folded blanket at the arch of ur back and not kicking you too much or too hard anymore. Yesterday my baby also didn't has too much movement or kick me too much when I slp, at least I have a more relaxed and comfortable slp.

Sarobabe

hey gals!

congrats to theknees!!! Glad both u and baby are safe and sound :)

me just went to see doc today... cos last nite till this morning keep having stomachache.. turn out tat doc confirmed that contractions has started after using a machine test.. so he warn tat i may give birth within this week.. and suggest i plan my c section date within this week..

baby is only 36 weeks today and weighs 3.43kg which doc says baby is ready for birth already.. so tentatively pushed forward my c section date to next tues on 4 oct... but warned me to observe and be prepared anytime from now..

so keeping my fingers crossed and praying very hard for smooth delivery.... =__________________=

marlysha

ur in 36wks and ur bb is 3.4kg wow..im at 35wks but my bb is only +-2.3kg hopefully next wk my bb weigh more...my c-sect is on 14/10 but ive a feeling the next check i might be admitted...all the best to u hope u will have a smooth delivery

hey gals!

me just went to see doc today... cos last nite till this morning keep having stomachache.. turn out tat doc confirmed that contractions has started after using a machine test.. so he warn tat i may give birth within this week.. and suggest i plan my c section date within this week..

baby is only 36 weeks today and weighs 3.43kg which doc says baby is ready for birth already.. so tentatively pushed forward my c section date to next tues on 4 oct... but warned me to observe and be prepared anytime from now..

so keeping my fingers crossed and praying very hard for smooth delivery.... =__________________=

Sarobabe

thanks dear.. all the best to you too and dun worrie abt the weight.. the most important is to have a healthy baby and mummy! :)

ur in 36wks and ur bb is 3.4kg wow..im at 35wks but my bb is only +-2.3kg hopefully next wk my bb weigh more...my c-sect is on 14/10 but ive a feeling the next check i might be admitted...all the best to u hope u will have a smooth delivery

Alisa

im going for my last check up later, today is week 36 too... my c-sec is on 10 Oct so hopefully will not need to change date cuz my baby big too...

Stephy126

Wish you have a smooth delivery, Sarobabe!

hey gals!

nattynat

Gd that Medisave covers bulk of the bill! More money for baby :) now tummy lower and feeling stronger Braxton hicks as well as pain in vagina. I think shd be soon. Will watch out for more obvious sign. 1st preg so very anxious hehe
Yah!! Just received my bill. It's fully deducted from medisave. But it seems they deducted abit wrongly from the medisave. Hb's calling to check. Anyway, my bill's $2k+ with antenatal claim & govt subsidy. Mine also first baby :D Was hoping for a more obvious sign than the 7hrs of contraction before I delivered. haha

nattynat

is it painful when you take the epidural? Is it $500 for the epidural?
yah!! very painful when they inserted the needle and the drug. Had to keep sucking on the gas for pain relief while it was done. Don't think it's that expensive. It didn't reflect more than $400 for my drugs & injections.

nattynat

Congrats theknees!! good that it was a smooth delivery and hope your boy can come home soon :) My girl's bilrubin level was still below the quota so she did not undergo any phototherapy nor "suntanning" in the morning sun. :)

I was screaming and crying like a mad woman before the epidural and especially when the gynae burst my waterbag at 3cm too!! Muffled my screams and cries with the gas mask. I think I overdosed on the gas cuz I felt like I was almost on general anaesthesia. :D

yinching

Congrats theknees!! good that it was a smooth delivery and hope your boy can come home soon :) My girl's bilrubin level was still below the quota so she did not undergo any phototherapy nor "suntanning" in the morning sun. :)

I was screaming and crying like a mad woman before the epidural and especially when the gynae burst my waterbag at 3cm too!! Muffled my screams and cries with the gas mask. I think I overdosed on the gas cuz I felt like I was almost on general anaesthesia. :D
Congrats nattynat, where did u delivered? Must be very painful.

lyra

I'm 37 weeks and yesterday's check up showed baby is 2.6kg. I guess he's on the light side for a boy. Really hope that he'll be out soon!

yinching

I'm 37 weeks and yesterday's check up showed baby is 2.6kg. I guess he's on the light side for a boy. Really hope that he'll be out soon!
Oh... I just went for my checkup at KKh, im at 35.9 weeks and my bb weigh ard 2.2 kg. I went the AFI and EFW scan too. Wow.. today my blood pressure a bit high, 136. Actually I opt for C-Sect, my mum n sis ask me go for natural birth. Now really can't decide go for c-sect or natural birth. making me so pressure. i can't even relax, my mum nag n nag at me. sigh... making i don't wan to give birth anymore.