EDD October

yinching

Thanks Yinching... :)

Cos doc confirmed contractions has started and baby already weigh 3.43 kg last week.. so doc is afraid that baby might want to come out anytime and suggest we go for earlier c section to prevent emergencies cos he feel that baby is ready to be delivered.... XD
You must be very nervous and feel excited. Have a smooth delivery and keep us updated. Mine only weigh 2.2kg at 35. 9 weeks on 30 Sep 11. Hopefully will gain more weight this week. Think I might go for natura birth instead of c-sect, actually i opt for c-sect and my gynae already arrange the date on 10 Oct but I scare my bb will be underweight when deliver on 10 Oct. A few mummies told me to for natural birth, my mum n sis also said that to me too. The worry is I scare I got no strength to push.

Sarobabe

Eh.. ya.. but i think im more nervous abt feeling the pain and complications after.. wahhaha... dun worrie.. your baby will weigh enough by birth time.. (min healthy weight is 2.5 kg) :) And I think natural birth is better too.. I wish I can have that option.. natural birth is better for the mother and will your body will also recover faster with less complication risks... and I think it's wonderful to feel the pain from natural birth than surgery.. Dun worrie.. u will have the courage and strength! ^^

You must be very nervous and feel excited. Have a smooth delivery and keep us updated. Mine only weigh 2.2kg at 35. 9 weeks on 30 Sep 11. Hopefully will gain more weight this week. Think I might go for natura birth instead of c-sect, actually i opt for c-sect and my gynae already arrange the date on 10 Oct but I scare my bb will be underweight when deliver on 10 Oct. A few mummies told me to for natural birth, my mum n sis also said that to me too. The worry is I scare I got no strength to push.

yinching

Eh.. ya.. but i think im more nervous abt feeling the pain and complications after.. wahhaha... dun worrie.. your baby will weigh enough by birth time.. (min healthy weight is 2.5 kg) :) And I think natural birth is better too.. I wish I can have that option.. natural birth is better for the mother and will your body will also recover faster with less complication risks... and I think it's wonderful to feel the pain from natural birth than surgery.. Dun worrie.. u will have the courage and strength! ^^
yup, my sis told me c-sect will take long time to heal the wound too. Last time my sis got no choice hv to choose for c-sect or else she will choose natural birth too. Now my gynae not in spore, I can't discuss with my gynae. He will be back by 10 Oct 11. Sigh...

lyra

I got a real scare from baby today. Every morning, by 10am he would have given me 10 kicks or movements but today, no matter how I move, lie down, turn left or right side, shake my tummy, he refused to move. I rmb on Sat, I saw greenish vagina discharge, put these 2 tgt n got more n more worried, so I called clinic n the nurse advise me to go down.

Gynae did heart beat test, scan and vagina infection test for me. He said we have natural bacteria in vagina. As long as theres no inflammation npain, it's ok. The test today showed no infection.

He said fetal heartbeat looks normal but he has patient whom even though normal, experienced lesser fetal movement n baby heartbeat suddenly stopped. So he told me to do heartbeat test again tml morning. I was so scared n worried when he told me that. He said if I felt lesser movement tonight, must admit immediately. If not, tml monitor. And coz my baby is considered smaller at 2.6kg, he's not sure whether he's a healthy smaller baby or smaller coz there's prob so it's better to deliver baby early if we suspect any prob. Haiz really wish everything will be ok.

b3iib3ii

Hi Iyra,
Thanks for the advise. =)

Hi, if u r first time mum, ur uterus will 'lighten' or drop lower in ur pelvis pretty early, like few weeks before birth. Baby usually also turn head down ard 36weeks which is gd news as it's gd position for natural birth. I think labour is near but not so near like within a day or smth. Just get ready ur hospital bag.

Look out for signs of labour like bloody show, regular n frequent contractions and water bag burst/ amniotic fluid leak.

As for the discharge test, I think ur doc is testing for vagina infection. It's quite common during preg. Just wait for the results n doc will advise wat to do. If there's infection, mayb he'll give u antibiotics.

yinching

I got a real scare from baby today. Every morning, by 10am he would have given me 10 kicks or movements but today, no matter how I move, lie down, turn left or right side, shake my tummy, he refused to move. I rmb on Sat, I saw greenish vagina discharge, put these 2 tgt n got more n more worried, so I called clinic n the nurse advise me to go down.

Gynae did heart beat test, scan and vagina infection test for me. He said we have natural bacteria in vagina. As long as theres no inflammation npain, it's ok. The test today showed no infection.

He said fetal heartbeat looks normal but he has patient whom even though normal, experienced lesser fetal movement n baby heartbeat suddenly stopped. So he told me to do heartbeat test again tml morning. I was so scared n worried when he told me that. He said if I felt lesser movement tonight, must admit immediately. If not, tml monitor. And coz my baby is considered smaller at 2.6kg, he's not sure whether he's a healthy smaller baby or smaller coz there's prob so it's better to deliver baby early if we suspect any prob. Haiz really wish everything will be ok.
Hi Lyra,

Please don't scare me as today I also feel less movement from my baby. She is also smaller than 2.6kg, now my gynae is not in spore. I afraid nobody can help me. My gynae will be back by 10 Oct.

lyra

Yinching, u try several methods like drinking cold water, eating sweet stuff to stimulate baby or lying down on ur side n c if bb moves. Sometimes bb dun move coz he's sleeping. My hubby did a search online n told me these r wat some mummies advises. Just now I find that my bb move more when I eat sweet kaya toast. I tried lying on my side but dun work.

When I did heartbeat test, nurse say bb heart beat looks ok, maybe baby's just sleeping. I wish I had known n tried the cold water n sweet stuff before gng to c gynae. Sorry to scare u! I think gynaes have to explain the worst case scenario to prepare us but things may not b that bad...

Hi Lyra,

Please don't scare me as today I also feel less movement from my baby. She is also smaller than 2.6kg, now my gynae is not in spore. I afraid nobody can help me. My gynae will be back by 10 Oct.

nattynat

is it? that time is ur contraction come? actually duno by 37 weeks, my bb will gain how much? if my bb weigh more than 2.5kg by next week wondering when deliver is how much weight? cos my gynae is not in spore, another gynae check for me. funny is he didn't say anything about the fluid level ok or anot? only ask abt e c-sect schedule. I ask him for his advice whether to go for natural birth but he just say i hv already ask my gynae to book for c-sect.
yup.. the day before i was admitted i had 7hrs of contraction. still bearable that's why i didn't go to the delivery suite that early. the nurse was like, "How come you didn't come in earlier?!" it depends how much your bb will grow by 37 weeks cuz got some babies grow very little in a few days but some have drastic weight changes. the scan is only an estimated weight. bb was 2.5kg in the scan but she was 2.256kg at birth. should be plus minus 2kg like that. if he didn't mention about the fluid level then it's ok la. i was checked for fluid level cuz bb's heart rate dropped once when i was first strapped to the ctg machine. so you still going for normal delivery or c-sect?

That is the worst part when i think of natural birth, e.g peeing that time will be very painful. maybe you eat more fish, will heal faster.
have eaten quite alot of fish. but now's much better than when i just delivered.

nattynat

Hi Nattynat,

Actually how is the contraction like? is it like menses cramp? I hvnt pack my bag yet, think hv to pack it today in case any time bb want to come out. Hopefully wait for two more weeks at least my bb can gain more weight. Did your husband accompany u to the delivery room?
yah.. better quickly pack. you'll never know when your bb wants to see the world :) contraction is like menstrual cramp but when it reaches 3cm dilation, it's menstrual cramp x10. for me la.. haha
don't worry, even if your bb comes out abit small, as long as healthy it's good :) will gain weight very fast after that. :)
my husband accompanied me to the delivery room. only the husband can go in anyway :) relatives not allowed. so he saw the whole process. although he went out for awhile to get some things and to eat abit of food cuz my dad bought mcspicy for him. he only took two bites when i called him to come in cuz i'm 10cm already.

nattynat

i pushed bb out in 4 pushes. it's like swimming. take in a deep breath then swim with all your might.. in this case is push. then repeat again. that's the technique the midwife taught me :) you can do it de :)

nattynat

Yinching, u try several methods like drinking cold water, eating sweet stuff to stimulate baby or lying down on ur side n c if bb moves. Sometimes bb dun move coz he's sleeping. My hubby did a search online n told me these r wat some mummies advises. Just now I find that my bb move more when I eat sweet kaya toast. I tried lying on my side but dun work.

When I did heartbeat test, nurse say bb heart beat looks ok, maybe baby's just sleeping. I wish I had known n tried the cold water n sweet stuff before gng to c gynae. Sorry to scare u! I think gynaes have to explain the worst case scenario to prepare us but things may not b that bad...
agreed!! they gynae described the worse case scenario before i was sent for induction. i was worrying like mad cuz she said if by the 3rd tablet nothing happens to me, i might have to go for emergency c-sect which i do not want to. but in the end i was done at the first tablet -.-

yinching

yup.. the day before i was admitted i had 7hrs of contraction. still bearable that's why i didn't go to the delivery suite that early. the nurse was like, "How come you didn't come in earlier?!" it depends how much your bb will grow by 37 weeks cuz got some babies grow very little in a few days but some have drastic weight changes. the scan is only an estimated weight. bb was 2.5kg in the scan but she was 2.256kg at birth. should be plus minus 2kg like that. if he didn't mention about the fluid level then it's ok la. i was checked for fluid level cuz bb's heart rate dropped once when i was first strapped to the ctg machine. so you still going for normal delivery or c-sect?

have eaten quite alot of fish. but now's much better than when i just delivered.
I shld be going for natural birth, but i need to call KKH to inform them that I go for natural birth instead of c-sect. So I do not need to go for blood test on this fri afternoon. I also need to ask when is my gynae back in spore. I wan to make apptn to see him too. your daughter so fast 3 weeks.

yinching

agreed!! they gynae described the worse case scenario before i was sent for induction. i was worrying like mad cuz she said if by the 3rd tablet nothing happens to me, i might have to go for emergency c-sect which i do not want to. but in the end i was done at the first tablet -.-
I was so worry that my bb disn't has much movement yesterday, but after I reach can feel my bb move abit.

lyra

I can feel belly dropping much lower again today. As I lie on my side to rest now, what's amazing is that baby is actually punching against my pelvic bone! He's extra active tonight which is gd! I dun ever want his movement to decrease.

yinching

I can feel belly dropping much lower again today. As I lie on my side to rest now, what's amazing is that baby is actually punching against my pelvic bone! He's extra active tonight which is gd! I dun ever want his movement to decrease.
Hi Lyra,

Good morning, glad to hear that. Yesterday my baby also move alot, I'm so worry the day before as she has less movement.

Stephy126

MOrning Lyra, my belly is still high according to those experienced mummies around me... Gynae said my baby will come earlier (anytime after 9 Oct) and I will go for my checkup this Saturday again..Hopeful that everything is fine. Good luck to us!

yinching

MOrning Lyra, my belly is still high according to those experienced mummies around me... Gynae said my baby will come earlier (anytime after 9 Oct) and I will go for my checkup this Saturday again..Hopeful that everything is fine. Good luck to us!
Congrats in advance!!!... remember to keep us updated after you give birth.

lyra

Yinching, glad to hear that too! :001_302:

Hi Lyra,

Good morning, glad to hear that. Yesterday my baby also move alot, I'm so worry the day before as she has less movement.
Stephy, some experienced lightening closer to delivery date, some experienced it few weeks earlier while some like my fren, all the while has very low belly so it differs...
Wow ur baby is arriving soon! Do announce her or his arrival here!
yup, gd luck to us all!

Alisa

eat beef and baby can gain weight wan.

Alisa

ya eat swet things and baby will kept moving wan. my baby will always moved alot after meals too. sometime their movement are so light that we cannot feel it but if u put yr hand on yr tummy, u can actually feel the movement. don worry too much.