EDD Sep 2010

mrs_eg

Np Mrs. Eg. Yes, is the screwing portion that leak. Once is done properly, I dont experience leakage with the bottles. But again if you are the type who dont like to carry bulky bag around, avent may not be your choice cos it really take up spaces in the bag especially when you r out for like whole day where washing is not possible (3 fat bottles in the bag + milk powder + napkin + additional clothing + wipes + water = no space )

wow....!!! I never thought of that part... fat bottles... hmmm... good point! thanx!!!

mrs_eg

Hey people...

How was the shopping over the weekends??
I finally got my hands on SOMETHING... hahahaha

Was very happy with my new Pupsik sling, their nice nice beansprout pillows and bolster... (but hubby say I slurge... he say bolster can get cheaper, "....." Im like... "hehehe watever Im buying anyway..."

Bought some discounted maternity pads and hand sanitizing wipes also...

However... I didn't manage to convince hubby abt the modern cloth diapers though.... he jus cant see the picture that the modern ones are obviously better.... sobs... (nvm...next time I buy it MYSELF!)

And.. in the end.. I decided to buy tommee tippee and pump... ya ... fat bottles... but aiya... as long as it is compatible and useful... Im ok with it... :)

it is a pity I didnt get some of the things I saw on the 1st day too... go back on the last day.. those that I wanted were sold out... well... have to blame myself for my procrastination la...

My shopping list is still not even halfway done here... how abt u gals/guys??

nightingale

Haha mrs_eg, sounds like you had a great shopping expedition over the weekend! :) I went twice - first visit on Thurs bought some maternity wear for work; went again today with hubby and bought a mattress as well as a playmat (bulky items must shop with hubby, hehe). Also dropped by John Little Sale to pick up 2 pairs of shoes to fit my new larger feet! haha!

I thought I was the only one kiasu enough to buy a sling so soon - I bought a Pupsik one as well! - cos friends say best to try it on with baby and see how you like it. Some of my friends learnt it the hard way - bought one, then found it wasn't suitable, then buy another, and then another... end up with several slings and/or carriers. Sigh~ it's sooooo hard to resist buying but really we should listen to those who share from their experiences, can save us quite a bit!

Last edited:

mecolemummy

Halo Ladies ^^

How's all the mommies doing? Loads of weekend shopping hah!?!?!!

Went to the baby fair with my sister and gosh... she was the one going crazy... mega shopping spree for her baby boy. >.<

I bought bb diapers, wipes (goon cos of the duck dispenser, Pureen and Johnson & johnson... all for different use), Baby-bow musical mobile, a teddybear comfort blankie, Munchkin medicator and Pigeon breast pad.
Went over to John Little sales, got some more wipes (hahaha... Dettol) and a 7pcs Classic Pooh bedding set ^^ My hubby saw the amount of things i got, all he did was shake his head >.<

As for the bottle... I'm lucky to have my sister's pass-down. She past me the breastpump from Medela, Avent and Tommee milk bottles (all brand new), Avent sterilizer and milk warmer... can save alot of money! pwee!

I got most of Maegan's (tats my bb name ^^) things ready... so excited!

Like to ask... anyone using powder for ur little one? I know baby powder smell and feel good and i'm one person who grew up using it and still am, but alot of ppl dun recommend it and even the American Academy of Pediatrics also recommends against it. Powder can cause breathing problems and serious lung damage when inhaled, and it's not always easy to keep the powder out of the air where your baby might breathe it. How how how???

mrs_eg

Haha mrs_eg, sounds like you had a great shopping expedition over the weekend! :) I went twice - first visit on Thurs bought some maternity wear for work; went again today with hubby and bought a mattress as well as a playmat (bulky items must shop with hubby, hehe). Also dropped by John Little Sale to pick up 2 pairs of shoes to fit my new larger feet! haha!

I thought I was the only one kiasu enough to buy a sling so soon - I bought a Pupsik one as well! - cos friends say best to try it on with baby and see how you like it. Some of my friends learnt it the hard way - bought one, then found it wasn't suitable, then buy another, and then another... end up with several slings and/or carriers. Sigh~ it's sooooo hard to resist buying but really we should listen to those who share from their experiences, can save us quite a bit!
I was at the John Little fair too... but didnt buy anything... hehehe...

The sling... erm... hahaha... I think I will still like it eventually... hahaha no need to adjust the length... and can cradle the baby... but will eventually buy another carrier next time.. the bjorn kind... (see if anyone wana give me as baby shower gift... hehehe)

But it is good to hear from other ppl experience... although listening is good... but different ppl and babies are different I guess... hahaha.. so I geuss we still need to experience it ourselves to know wats best for us and our babies...

mrs_eg

Halo Ladies ^^

How's all the mommies doing? Loads of weekend shopping hah!?!?!!

Went to the baby fair with my sister and gosh... she was the one going crazy... mega shopping spree for her baby boy. >.<

I bought baby diapers, wipes (goon cos of the duck dispenser, Pureen and Johnson & johnson... all for different use), Baby-bow musical mobile, a teddybear comfort blankie, Munchkin medicator and Pigeon breast pad.
Went over to John Little sales, got some more wipes (hahaha... Dettol) and a 7pcs Classic Pooh bedding set ^^ My hubby saw the amount of things i got, all he did was shake his head >.<

As for the bottle... I'm lucky to have my sister's pass-down. She past me the breastpump from Medela, Avent and Tommee milk bottles (all brand new), Avent sterilizer and milk warmer... can save alot of money! pwee!

I got most of Maegan's (tats my baby name ^^) things ready... so excited!

Like to ask... anyone using powder for your little one? I know baby powder smell and feel good and i'm one person who grew up using it and still am, but alot of ppl dont recommend it and even the American Academy of Pediatrics also recommends against it. Powder can cause breathing problems and serious lung damage when inhaled, and it's not always easy to keep the powder out of the air where your baby might breathe it. How how how???
woah,... almost done with ur shopping?!?!?! thats nice... think I will slowly spread things out.. (so everymth or every week got reason to go shopping... hahahaha)

I didn know abt that powder may cause problems!!! hmm... use nice smelling lotion in replacement?

nightingale

About baby powder: yeah I'm also quite torn between whether to use or not to use. Personally I don't think it would be a big issue if we are careful when applying the powder and try to avoid the face area. If we use a wiping motion when applying the powder puff to baby's buttocks (instead of patting motion) I think it will minimise the floating particles in the air.

What do you ladies think?

MR300909

Alpha Male
Hmmm..we went to the fair.. Wanted to get the capella strollers but they not at the fair. When will the Taka fair be? Not sure if they have that.. My frenz were telling us not to get first cuz maybe man yue ppl will give as present.. Lol

oh.. Electronic pumps are sooooo ex.. Dunno if shd get anot.. Or just get the manual wan.. Hmmm

mrs_eg

Hmmm..we went to the fair.. Wanted to get the capella strollers but they not at the fair. When will the Taka fair be? Not sure if they have that.. My frenz were telling us not to get first cuz maybe man yue ppl will give as present.. Lol

oh.. Electronic pumps are sooooo ex.. dont know if should get anot.. Or just get the manual want.. Hmmm
Ya I also havent buy stroller yet... hehehe....
I tot I heard from someone asking a store owner at the baby fair when is the next fair.. I think the person mentioned their next event will be at taka fair in september... But I went taka website... no such info is updated yet....
Only know the next fair coming up is a toys fair 10-27Jun...

In my opinion... If can.. buy electronic... from what I know breastfeeding is already a tiring thing to persist... if still use manual pump... manual pumping even more tiring leh.. use hand to pump rite?? Ur wife hands will be tired also...

lovemk87

Ya I also havent buy stroller yet... hehehe....
I thought I heard from someone asking a store owner at the baby fair when is the next fair.. I think the person mentioned their next event will be at taka fair in september... But I went taka website... no such info is updated yet....
Only know the next fair coming up is a toys fair 10-27Jun...

In my opinion... If can.. buy electronic... from what I know breastfeeding is already a tiring thing to persist... if still use manual pump... manual pumping even more tiring .. use hand to pump rite?? your wife hands will be tired also...
how much is the electronic pumps? mrs eg did you buy?

mecolemummy

About baby powder: yeah I'm also quite torn between whether to use or not to use. Personally I dont't think it would be a big issue if we are careful when applying the powder and try to avoid the face area. If we use a wiping motion when applying the powder puff to baby's buttocks (instead of patting motion) I think it will minimise the floating particles in the air.

What do you ladies think?
do u know Pigeon have compact powder? its originally formulated for baby's use... like u said abt the wiping motion, do u think tis product works better in minimising the floating particles???

mrs_eg

how much is the electronic pumps? mrs eg did you buy?

I bought tommee tippee electric breast pump bundle at $159...
The box consist of the pump, breast pads, 1 milk bottle w teats, 2 small containers and one big container (tupperware kind) to put the pump or other things... The bundle also include a keep warm bottle carrier that can contain 2 bottles... and Extra box of breast pad (x50pcs inside)...

very new to the market... but I think shldnt be a problem I guess... since it is quite a prestigious brand frm UK... im sure they have done adequate research b4 coming up with this breast pump... hahahaha (keeping my fingers cross)....

Last edited:

DELvy

Hello mummies!!!
I bought a lot of things from the fair too, but nothing big. Still, a lot of $$ spent cos most of the things I got to buy in pairs (1 for my house, the other at my in laws) :embarrassed:
Btw, I bought 2 pkts of Pigeon washable diapers and diapers liners. I read from review that Pigeon brand is softer and more gentle for the baby's skin and my MIL insists on using washable diapers. Even better, I save $$.

Did you mummies see the booth selling a type of mat which is quite soft, have different pictures (Phoo etc.) and come in different sizes? Think the price ranges from $140 to $210, something like that. Your baby can learn to crawl and play on the huge mat and it's washable and spongy enough not to hurt your baby when he/she falls. I wanted to buy that, but was quite hesitant so in the end, I didn't buy.

DELvy

do you know Pigeon have compact powder? its originally formulated for baby's use... like you said about the wiping motion, do you think tis product works better in minimising the floating particles???
Are you talking about the one with different tone? Got pink, yellow etc.? Is that for baby?

Btw, what are the good baby shower foam which do not require rinsing? J&J salesgirl introduced me the top-to-toe (yellow bottle) wash. She said just drip 1-2 drops into a tub of water, wash your baby and pat dry. I bought 2 bottles, but after I reached home and read the instructions, it said needs to be washed off leh....:err:

Oh and I bought the Medela single electric pump the last time from the Isetan sale @ $195 with some discount.

mrs_eg

do you know Pigeon have compact powder? its originally formulated for baby's use... like you said about the wiping motion, do you think tis product works better in minimising the floating particles???

still the same? nice smell and all?
shld be ok I think... maybe dun apply too much jus in case???

mrs_eg

Hello mummies!!!
I bought a lot of things from the fair too, but nothing big. Still, a lot of $$ spent cos most of the things I got to buy in pairs (1 for my house, the other at my in laws) :embarrassed:
Btw, I bought 2 pkts of Pigeon washable diapers and diapers liners. I read from review that Pigeon brand is softer and more gentle for the baby's skin and my mother in law insists on using washable diapers. Even better, I save $$.

Did you mummies see the booth selling a type of mat which is quite soft, have different pictures (Phoo etc.) and come in different sizes? Think the price ranges from $140 to $210, something like that. Your baby can learn to crawl and play on the huge mat and it's washable and spongy enough not to hurt your baby when he/she falls. I wanted to buy that, but was quite hesitant so in the end, I didn't buy.
Hey Delvy,
the pigeon washable diapers is traditional kind of diapers???
Oh no! I didnt know cloth diapers also got reviews... I bought a pureen brand (traditional type)... Am now looking for those diaper covers... which is sooo hard to find!!! now hardly anyone selling that... Maybe have to go neighbourhood store liao...

The playmat u are talking abt... I went back on the last day... and many sizes and designs are SOLD OUT!!! hahahaha it is selling like hot cakes! In the end we also didnt manage to buy....

xian

Hey people...

However... I didn't manage to convince hubby about the modern cloth diapers though.... he just cant see the picture that the modern ones are obviously better.... sobs... (nvm...next time I buy it MYSELF!)

Hi mrs_eg, I just found out that baby tends to poo alot if they are breastfeed. Sometimes up to twice an hour.
Seems like those traditional cloth diaper will be a better choice for newborn. For me, I would most probably start off with traditional cloth diaper then move on to the modern one like bumwear when their poo frequency are not as often. (hai, din do enough research before buying)

mrs_eg

Are you talking about the one with different tone? Got pink, yellow etc.? Is that for baby?

Btw, what are the good baby shower foam which do not require rinsing? J&J salesgirl introduced me the top-to-toe (yellow bottle) wash. She said just drip 1-2 drops into a tub of water, wash your baby and pat dry. I bought 2 bottles, but after I reached home and read the instructions, it said needs to be washed off ....:err:

Oh and I bought the Medela single electric pump the last time from the Isetan sale @ $195 with some discount.
May i ask....... why are u looking for one that doesnt require rinsing?? Rinse clean clean better rite? Is there any particular reason or smthing tat u've read?

mrs_eg

Hi mrs_eg, I just found out that baby tends to poo alot if they are breastfeed. Sometimes up to twice an hour.
Seems like those traditional cloth diaper will be a better choice for newborn. For me, I would most probably start off with traditional cloth diaper then move on to the modern one like bumwear when their poo frequency are not as often. (hai, did not do enough research before buying)
maybe you can try using the traditional cloth as "inserts" in the bumwear? to see if it works as well?? :)

I keep thinking abt it...

Anyway other than bumwears there is alot off other brands also.... another one at the fair was moo moo kow... then so many other brand can be found online... Im also surprised malaysia also have.. hmmm but duno if cheaper to buy there anot.. heheheh

DELvy

mrs_eg...yup I am talking about those traditional type of diapers. The diaper covers you are talking about, is it the ones where you wear over the traditional diapers, so that the urine will not leak out and you dont have to use safety pins? I also couldn't find it at the fair, but I managed to get some at AMK hub, this shop called Mums&Babies, I think. Not too expensive, 3 for $11, though they have more expensive ones.

Last edited: