EDD Sep 2010

nightingale

Usually, I heard that babies are more active during the night, right? My baby seems to be more active during the day . dont know if it's becos my job is desk-bound, so not much movement and rocking, so he loves partying during the day.

How'r the rest of the mummies' babies routine like?
I feel my baby move and/or kicking at 3-hourly intervals or so, day and night quite similar routine. Her kicks tend to feel stronger at night - maybe because I'm lying in bed as opposed to sitting up at work? Not very fun whenever she kicks towards the bladder, haha!

Anyhow, it's really heartwarming to feel the movements. Sometimes when she gets really active at night I'd pull up my shirt and observe my belly surface - can actually see her moving! :001_302:

MummyK

I feel my baby move and/or kicking at 3-hourly intervals or so, day and night quite similar routine. Her kicks tend to feel stronger at night - maybe because I'm lying in bed as opposed to sitting up at work? Not very fun whenever she kicks towards the bladder, haha!

Anyhow, it's really heartwarming to feel the movements. Sometimes when she gets really active at night I'd pull up my shirt and observe my belly surface - can actually see her moving! :001_302:
Me too!! I can really see the tummy surface moving.

Anyway, I just had a fall in the bathroom on Saturday midnight and that was really terrifying.. =( Went to KKH for observation and thank god, everything is fine.. Dear Mummies, do take extra care when entering the bathroom esp at night and when the floor is wet.

*Touchwood* but if anything happen, hug ur tummy tightly upwards with both hands.. Was told by my sisinlaw and friend..

MummyK

hahaha we did go and check out strollers too.. but didnt buy yet.... feel like looking for other options to compare....

anyone heard of Gelite?
GElite GO GO Stroller
we were looking at its GOGO stroller... $699 for the stroller, infant car seat (Cybex Aton), a carry cot... we like everything about it... easy to fix... easy to keep... nice looking etc... except one point... after you 'keep' it... it is still bulky

sooo we are still thinking..... hmmmm
I have never heard this brand before but it looks abit like Quinny hor..? haha

MummyK

MummyK, you are the petite size lady, so I think you will go back to your pre-pregnancy weight/figure pretty soon after birth. No worries for you :001_302:

Btw, my hubby and I also had a great time shopping over the weekend. It also means a big hole in out pockets...Hee...On top of the misc stuff like bottles, diapers, thermometer etc., we also bought the stroller (Combi, forgot the model, I only remember it's in bright orange and not overly bulky) and a child car seat. It's true that we mummies will have problem handling a too bulky stroller.
LOL, don't know since then I'll still have the determination to go for my fitness regime anot..

Anyway DELvy, which stroller hve you bought?

mrs_eg

Hmm..ya maybe I will ask my gynae next time I see her. Maybe my weight gain has been quite constant, around. 1kg -1.5kg every 4 weeks. This time round, I gained 2.5kg in 4 weeks :err:

Anyway, I am really very excited in waiting for the arrival of the baby. Sometimes, when he's less active, I will get worried and start patting my tummy.

Usually, I heard that babies are more active during the night, right? My baby seems to be more active during the day . dont know if it's becos my job is desk-bound, so not much movement and rocking, so he loves partying during the day.

How'r the rest of the mummies' babies routine like?

Hmmm... not really sure if there is a fix routine for my baby... sometimes she is really active... can feel the rolling ard kind of feeling... sometimes can feel the 'bumps' on 2 different spots... maybe its her legs and hands moving...

sometimes not much movement... which is a little worrying.... especially when I wake up in the morning... she was really quiet in the morning.... so I sometimes wonder and afraid that my sleeping postition affected her... cos Im the kind that always find myself lying on my back when I wake up... which is not a very good position as it might restrict blood flow to the baby... and I have no idea how long I have been in that position!!! :(

mrs_eg

Amount of weight gain depends on your pre-pregnancy weight. Can read it up from here: http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/weightgain :001_302:

Mine is very active at night especially when it's bedtime. :001_07:
Nice... thanx for the website....

It certainly is amazing!!!

I have never heard this brand before but it looks abit like Quinny ..? haha
MummyK everything alrite now?
take care k...
ya the stroller looks abit like quinny... :)

nightingale

ya the stroller looks abit like quinny... :)
Yeah saw the Gelite model at Taka fair in March - I think Gelite may be same manufacturer as Quinny, or so we were told by the salesperson - it's the brand and possibly materials that make Quinny more expensive. If not fussy, actually the Gelite package looks pretty tempting, because for that price ($600+?) it comes with stroller + infant car seat + bassinet too!

Mrs_eg, the Gelite still looks big after folding but if the wheels can be removed i think it's not that bad. But of course cannot compare to the umbrella-style Combi types which really save a lot of space. :) Or you could consider the Quinny Zapp which is also nice and compact when folded.

Me too!! I can really see the tummy surface moving.

Anyway, I just had a fall in the bathroom on Saturday midnight and that was really terrifying.. =( Went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for observation and thank god, everything is fine.. Dear Mummies, do take extra care when entering the bathroom esp at night and when the floor is wet.

*Touchwood* but if anything happen, hug your tummy tightly upwards with both hands.. Was told by my sisinlaw and friend..
OMG!! :eek: Please be extra careful and take care, all mummies too.. Now we tends to be more clumsier due to the weight on the tummy so we have to be more careful even on dry surface. ;)

mrs_eg

Yeah saw the Gelite model at Taka fair in March - I think Gelite may be same manufacturer as Quinny, or so we were told by the salesperson - it's the brand and possibly materials that make Quinny more expensive. If not fussy, actually the Gelite package looks pretty tempting, because for that price ($600+?) it comes with stroller + infant car seat + bassinet too!

Mrs_eg, the Gelite still looks big after folding but if the wheels can be removed i think it's not that bad. But of course cannot compare to the umbrella-style Combi types which really save a lot of space. :) Or you could consider the Quinny Zapp which is also nice and compact when folded.
ya... we are looking at Zapp too but hubby didnt want it cos the seat cannot be reclined....

anyone knows when is the next fair???

MummyK

Thank you mrs eg & christinawong, I'm fine.. =)

Just came back from gynea appointment, bb is weighing about 730g at 24wks now.. Doc said at this point of time, baby should weigh between 600g - 800g ...

He also did a 3D scan for me.. Captured my girl putting her hand into her mouth... lol.. so heartwarming.

nightingale

Thank you mrs eg & christinawong, I'm fine.. =)

Just came back from gynea appointment, baby is weighing about 730g at 24wks now.. Doc said at this point of time, baby should weigh between 600g - 800g ...

He also did a 3D scan for me.. Captured my girl putting her hand into her mouth... lol.. so heartwarming.
Glad to hear everything's fine and baby is doing well, MummyK! :) So sweet your girl.. it's fun watching the 3D scans, we caught our daughter yawning during our scan, hehe. Can't wait to meet our little ones, right? :D

Yes... many of us will be crossing over to the third trimester soon - am already feeling the effects of slowing down, clumsy movements, and aches all over the body that makes me feel super restless. Can't sit for too long at the office, kept getting up and walking around, doing shoulder rolls to loosen the muscles. And the loo visits are also getting very frequent - I can feel like going again after just 5 minutes of visiting the loo!

Have you all started thinking of names for your baby yet? :) For the Chinese name I'm considering whether there's a need to consult an 'expert'.. but what if they suggest names that we don't like? To use or not to use?

Last edited:
Hi Mummies!

I bought a lot of stuff from Baby Kingdom today! It's been a long time since I shopped, and I must say, shopping never felt this shiok! Just grab and go, and grab and go! haha! PLUS! I must say! The staff at Baby Kingdom are super helpful okay! Plus Avent and Pigeon are on sale at 20%. Some stuff really worth it. Those that are thinking of getting cloth diapers for your babies, should head on and get it. (The Napkins and the liners) My mum told me that cloth diapers save A LOT! Because babies tend to have an average change range of 8 - 12 a day. And I'll switch mine to disposable diapers in the night. I'm more or less done except for the big stuff like the Stroller and Cot. Okay, a few questions I would like to ask:

1. I can't figure out what stroller to get. I do not really need a lightweight one because my hubby will be driving us most of the time. I guess my main need is for the usage to be from birth all the way to 3 or 4 years old. Any recommendations?

2. Is it a must to have a car seat huh?! Okay I know there are loads of opinions regarding safety etc. But what my mum said was right, even in Taxis, they do not have car seats, so, why do I need one when I can just carry my baby and I won't be the one driving at all? If it is a must, then probably, I shall need to refer this to my 1st question, I would rather have a 2 in 1.

3. Any mummies doing the cordlife thingy?!

Last but not least, my baby is doing well! Went to the the doctor a week ago and it's 27 weeks now, due on 1st Sept. :)

Hope you mummies are doing great too!

mrs_eg

Hi claralicious,

I have same queries as u regarding child seat. So I emailed the Traffic Police to clear my doubts. Yes, there will be safety issues and all, but there will be penalties as well is caught breaking rules.

Here is an excerpt of the reply I recieve frm them:
<<<Sections 10 and 11 of the Road Traffic (Motor
Vehicles, Wearing of Seat Belts) Rules under Chapter 276, Rule 34, states
that an approved child restraint/child seat is needed if children below 8
years old are traveling in a car (be it as a front or rear seat passenger).
In addition, the child restraint must be appropriate for a child of that
height and weight. *The child seat/restraint should also be properly
affixed. Once again, it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that these
rules are complied with.

Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with any of the provisions of
these Rules shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction
to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding
3 months and, in the case of a second or subsequent offence, to a fine not
exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months. *The
offence can also be compounded for a composition amount of S$120/- and 3
demerit points.

If you are newly discharged from the hospital after giving birth, your
newborn must still be belted up in child seats suitable for him/her.>>>>>

---------

so hope this explains ur questions... Do look ard... There are car seats tat can be used frm birth to as big as 35kg.... Meaning ur child will be quite big already...
:)

mrs_eg

Glad to hear everything's fine and baby is doing well, MummyK! :) So sweet your girl.. it's fun watching the 3D scans, we caught my daughter yawning during our scan, hehe. Can't wait to meet our little ones, right? :D

Yes... many of us will be crossing over to the third trimester soon - am already feeling the effects of slowing down, clumsy movements, and aches all over the body that makes me feel super restless. Can't sit for too long at the office, kept getting up and walking around, doing shoulder rolls to loosen the muscles. And the loo visits are also getting very frequent - I can feel like going again after just 5 minutes of visiting the loo!

Have you all started thinking of names for your baby yet? :) For the Chinese name I'm considering whether there's a need to consult an 'expert'.. but what if they suggest names that we dont't like? To use or not to use?
ya... Glad alls well mummyk.

Nightingale, i hav the same issue abt loo trip... At hm still ok.. But outside..... It can be quite a hassle... If long queu hav to queue again.. And not all toilets are clean n nice smelling... And after a long second wait to the loo... There is only a few trickle of pee!!!! But wat to do??? Hahaha

aa for the names i think the experts wil give u a few to choose wont they?

Hi mummies, anyone looking for confinement rice wine? I have excess bottles that my mum had made for my confinement (I should join most of you doing confinement since my EDD is still around 15 Sept). In order to assure buyers the quality of the rice wine, I dont mind to meet up with potential buyers to provide small samples.

Please pm me for more details. Thanks.

MummyK

Glad to hear everything's fine and baby is doing well, MummyK! :) So sweet your girl.. it's fun watching the 3D scans, we caught my daughter yawning during our scan, hehe. Can't wait to meet our little ones, right? :D

Have you all started thinking of names for your baby yet? :) For the Chinese name I'm considering whether there's a need to consult an 'expert'.. but what if they suggest names that we dont't like? To use or not to use?
Yes! We're so looking forward for the day to come..

My body has been aching all over recently.. but for toilet visits, I'm already used to it coz I'm experiencing this since 1st trimester.. average 2-3 times in the night/daily.. Sometimes I even went 2-3 times in just 20mins..

We've thought of our baby name. For the chinese character, will let the 'master' choose the most suitable character with the given 'pinying' by us.. :tlaugh:

Just wondering if any mummies here know where I can get the brand 'california baby' or have ever purchase this brand before? Thks Thks..

Mickey88

Hi Mrs Eg

Try Robinsons (I saw at the Raffles City outlet) for NUK bottles and other NUK products. I didn't find NUK at the Motherhood Exhibition at Expo.
Mrs Eg,

For NUK products, can try BHG at bugis... i went yesterday and saw... somemore now they having 20% discounts .... so worth having a look.

Mickey88

Hi Mummies!

I bought a lot of stuff from Baby Kingdom today! It's been a long time since I shopped, and I must say, shopping never felt this shiok! Just grab and go, and grab and go! haha! PLUS! I must say! The staff at Baby Kingdom are super helpful okay! Plus Avent and Pigeon are on sale at 20%. Some stuff really worth it. Those that are thinking of getting cloth diapers for your babies, should head on and get it. (The Napkins and the liners) My mum told me that cloth diapers save A LOT! Because babies tend to have an average change range of 8 - 12 a day. And I'll switch mine to disposable diapers in the night. I'm more or less done except for the big stuff like the Stroller and Cot. Okay, a few questions I would like to ask:

1. I can't figure out what stroller to get. I do not really need a lightweight one because my hubby will be driving us most of the time. I guess my main need is for the usage to be from birth all the way to 3 or 4 years old. Any recommendations?

2. Is it a must to have a car seat huh?! Okay I know there are loads of opinions regarding safety etc. But what my mum said was right, even in Taxis, they do not have car seats, so, why do I need one when I can just carry my baby and I won't be the one driving at all? If it is a must, then probably, I shall need to refer this to my 1st question, I would rather have a 2 in 1.

3. Any mummies doing the cordlife thingy?!

Last but not least, my baby is doing well! Went to the the doctor a week ago and it's 27 weeks now, due on 1st Sept. :)

Hope you mummies are doing great too!
Hi Claralicious,
do you know when the sale at Baby Kingdom ends? still thinking when to go down and shop for some things from there?

Hi Mummies,
I considering between cordlife and stemcord? anybody has any ideas which is better?