EDD Sep 2010

Fiona73

I think I have a boy.... and I think i dreamt of him before...
hehehe...
but although the intuition is strong...
wait wrong how??? hahahah
i dont know how will I react....
it is like all this while I am thinking that it is a boy, but if wrong, then the imagination is like... altered...
aiya.... I dont know how to explain this irony....
maybe i shldnt think too much hahaha
Wow, I dreamt I had given birth a cute little dragon boy (really look like a cartoon dragon), what does it means huh?

kittymeowmeow

hey there mtbs! when did u first start feeling movements in ur tummy? my edd is 29 sept and im turning 14wks this week.. i thought i felt something this morning.

mrs_eg

hey there mtbs! when did you first start feeling movements in your tummy? my edd is 29 sept and im turning 14wks this week.. i thought i felt something this morning.
I tink probably just ur growing womb i guess... I read tat u will probably feel the baby's movements in abt wk 26 n beyond...

I do feel wierd feelings at the abdomen... But i guess it is normal as ur womb enlarges... The muscles and all, have to stretch... :)

kokolove

I tink probably just your growing womb i guess... I read that you will probably feel the baby's movements in about wk 26 n beyond...

I do feel wierd feelings at the abdomen... But i guess it is normal as your womb enlarges... The muscles and all, have to stretch... :)
hello Sept mtbs!

my EDD is aug but been following your threads :)
this is my number 1 and will be delivering @ mt.A
into my 19th week now but gender of my lil' one is not known yet
expecting to find out by my next visit (detailed scan) on 1 apr!!!

meanwhile, i heard fetal heart rate & spinal structure are telltale signs of our baby's gender
less than 140 per min / more curved spine - likely to be a boy
more than 140 per min / more parrallel spine - likely to be a gal

not sure how true this is
will share my findings once the secret is out

with regards to baby's movements, they typically start somewhere from the 18th week
but may varies with baby's rate of development

for me, i started to feel the first tiny kicks last thurs night
they felt like bubbly taps from withins
am enjoying it before the kicks become more karate-like

kokolove

Adelene

Hi Cindtwink...i've been wondering the same question.

I am going to SGH..last time I went I forgot to ask. I remember my ex-colleague mentioning a package but I think she went to a private clinic - I don't know where.

Anyway just wanted to say hi... Just joined today.

Btw, when's your EDD? mine is 24 sept.

Hope all goes well with you... Will let u know if I find out the answer :)

Adelene

Hi September Mummies-to-be...

Wondering if any of you have visited any wholesalers to check out baby products? If so, any places to recommend?

Have any of you started buying baby furniture like cots or bath stands?

Hi Kittymeowmeow

I haven't decided which brand of pumps...there's so many decisions to make...so confusing...Although I have the impression that Pigeon and Avent are good.

But my sister tells me not to rush to buy any pumps yet...I guess can wait to see how the breastfeeding goes in the first 1 month after delivery then decide whether to continue breastfeeding or not?

Do you have any idea whether you will get electric or manual pump?

kittymeowmeow

Wondering if any of you have visited any wholesalers to check out baby products? If so, any places to recommend?

Hi Kittymeowmeow

I have not't decided which brand of pumps...there's so many decisions to make...so confusing...Although I have the impression that Pigeon and Avent are good.

But my sister tells me not to rush to buy any pumps yet...I guess can wait to see how the breastfeeding goes in the first 1 month after delivery then decide whether to continue breastfeeding or not?

hi Adelene! yah i agree, so many brands, so confusing. currently i've narrowed down to either Avent electric or Medela swing. like you, most of my friends told me not to buy first. based on their experiences, some not able to produce milk, some have inverted nipples etc. i dont mind waiting till after delivery, but i can't stand the kancheongness in me! hahaha

As for visits to wholesalers, I've not done so. One of my friends mentioned something like it's not as cheap as it seems. I only went to the recent taka fair just to recce the prices.

Mickey88

Cindtwick,
Im seeing Dr Adelina Wong, nice lady, very friendly, not intimidating... I am very comfortable with her. Good or not... hmmm.,.. not much experience with her though.. cos it is my first... so far so good... :)... check ups are by appointments so the waiting time is to me... not long... thats all I can say for now.. :)
Dear all,

I'm new in this forum and thread. my EDD is 6th Sept.

Hi mrs eg,
I'm also a patient of Dr Adelina Wong. i think she is good and patient and the most impt is her waiting time is reasonable.:001_302:

thea

Hi Thea! How have you been?

Yeah Im no longer working... and yes I did accompany a friend to the baby fair at expo last friday. Didn't buy anything for the baby though. But I bought things for myself. Needed larger bra so I bought some nursing bra... quite cheap... $25! (nursing bras easily $35-50 i think)... I also bought a Bando waist band... basically to 'lengthen' those tops which will no longer cover well as the tummy grows bigger... now I also wear it over my 'un-zipped' shorts to cover the un-zip part... cos now my shorts all cannot zip already hehehe... great buy in my opinion... it also says it can help support the belly also....

http://www.cheekyrascals.co.uk/?menuId=1413&pageId=2679

ooh i heard about those bands!!! How much is it roughly? I can't button up my pants now too :( weather here can be a bit cold at night so i was really shivering in my dress last night! i need my long pants! :( also bought extension hooks for my bras...wondering if i should get more bras too...how were the nursing bras?

Last edited:

thea

Hi Kittymeowmeow

I have not't decided which brand of pumps...there's so many decisions to make...so confusing...Although I have the impression that Pigeon and Avent are good.

Hi Hi All Sept Mums! :)

Yeah i was wondering if any one of you checked out the cots, prams, car seats...bottle sanitizers...in SG...Erm...i'm a first time mom so i'm not so sure if we can put the newborn in the cot when it's just maybe 2-3weeks old? (gonna be in a confinement centre b4 that)...where are you planning to put your baby after you come home fr the hospital?

oh yes, just FYI, i read this "Best Friends' Guide to Pregnancy" book & the author mentioned that electric pumps worked for her while manual pumps never did...

mrs_eg

kokolove:
really??? 18 weeks and u felt the movements??? cool....

Adelene:
congratss and welcome!

Btw, I havent bought any baby pdts yet... and dun really know of any wholesalers too.. but did browse baby pdts in shopping centres... check out wats there to buy... hehehe... i think abit too early to buy too.. will wait till 3rd tri bah...

Most of the comments I heard is that medela quite good... breast pump will recce but wont buy... unless i have problems breastfeeding...

lovemk87:
i think nail polishes are ok... as long as u dun smell too much fumes... make sure u apply it in well ventilated area... as for gel and acrylic kind... i dun dare to do... cos read some article abt those questionable chemicals they use to do gel and acrylic...

kokolove

hi mrs eg,

yeps. but they are really very tiny movements.
u have to sit down quietly for a while to wait for to see if there are any.
completed my detailed scan yesterday.
the secret is finally out :)
it's a BOY as i've guessed thru' the fetal heartrate + spinal structure.

kokolove

kokolove:
really??? 18 weeks and you felt the movements??? cool....

Adelene:
congratss and welcome!

Btw, I havent bought any baby pdts yet... and dont really know of any wholesalers too.. but did browse baby pdts in shopping centres... check out wats there to buy... hehehe... i think abit too early to buy too.. will wait till 3rd tri bah...

Most of the comments I heard is that medela quite good... breast pump will recce but wont buy... unless i have problems breastfeeding...

lovemk87:
i think nail polishes are ok... as long as you dont smell too much fumes... make sure you apply it in well ventilated area... as for gel and acrylic kind... i dont dare to do... cos read some article about those questionable chemicals they use to do gel and acrylic...

Last edited:

varadidie

Hi Kittymeowmeow

When i gave birth to my 1st one, I too thought that breastpump is not necessary, until I experienced engorgement during after 2nd day of birth. It was so bad and the milk was leaking non-stop whilst baby couldnt drink that much. Hubby decided to go to the shop below (i was at Kandang Kerbau Hospital then) to get a breastpump and store my milk in the plastics to freeze them. After pumping it, Felt so much reliefed!!! (Can cause you to have slight fever if the engorgement remain)..

Anyway, We bought Avent manual pump, and I must say that it works wonders! At the same time, I tried Medela Electric Pump on loan by Kandang Kerbau Hospital and I must admit it was pretty hassle-free having electric ones around. But if you are on a tight budget, trust me, Avent works wonder and I could get a 90ml Milk within minutes.. :)

mrs_eg

kokolove... u guessed thru fetal heart rate and spinal curve?? hahaha.. I read that it is a myth... not always true... anyway it does works for u! hahaha... will wait till the scan on weds.. maybe will know boy or girl already...

Mickey88... I bought my bandos at a baby fair... from www.moms-rus.com
... think they have a shop at united sq...