EDD Sep 2010

thea

Ah...i think should just go for the first baby. Helps him be prepared and get him involved with the pregnancy too ma. ;) Won't have time for such classes in future. :) Heehee...when i told my sis about it she was like "oooh...issit gonna be like the classes they went for in 命中注定我愛妳?" :D Heehee...we intend to go for baby massage classes after baby is born too :)!

Helo Ladies ^^

My hubby and I decided not to attend prenatal classes... we have many experience papa and mama in both our family so it's going to be on-job-training for the both us ^^ and can save the money too *best*

Anyone doing the same too???
I'm not going too! Anyways, I'm new here!

It seems so scary! Every mother seems to already know which hospital they would like to give birth in etc. Everyone here seems to be already making so much preparations and I've not! :( You ladies are really making me nervous! Furthermore, I'm due on the 1st! :S

mrs_eg

It seems so scary! Every mother seems to already know which hospital they would like to give birth in etc. Everyone here seems to be already making so much preparations and I've not! :( You ladies are really making me nervous! Furthermore, I'm due on the 1st! :S

hahahaha dun worry you still have enough time... :001_302:

Fiona73

Dun worry....yr gynae will help with the hospital booking. Check it out with them.

Maybe is my no.2, I din get any maternity wear or baby items yet. Waiting for the Post great singapore sales. You can also prepare gift list for your friends so that they know what to buy for your baby shower.

Enjoy yrself during the preggie stage. Once the baby is arrive, is all sleepless night for new parents.

thea

Baby Boy
1. cheng0605 - Thomson Medical Center 02 sept

2. Delvy - Thomson Medical Center 8 Sept
3. mickey88 - Thomson Medical Center 6th Sept
4. pinkymummy - Thomson Medical Center 26 Sept
5. lovemk87 - Thomson Medical Center 23 Sept
6. kittymeowmeow - Thomson Medical Center 29 Sept

Baby Gal
1. Mecolemummy - Mt. A 12 sept
2. Nightingale - Mt. A 12 Sept :p
3. happybaby - Thomson Medical Center 03 Sept
4. raine - Thomson Medical Centre 12 Sept :001_302:
5. Mrs_EG - Thomson Medical Center 18 SEP :p
6. Jaslyn - Thomson Medical Center 21 Sept :001_302:
7. Danerine - Mt. A 7 Sept :001_302:
8. Christinawong - Mt. A 24 Sept
9. Adelene - singapore general hospital 24 Sept
10. MR300909 - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 13 Sept
11. xian - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 23 Sep
12. bee - Gleneagles 28 Sep
13. MummyK - Mt. A 28 Sept
14. Thea - Taipei - 21 Sept
:shyxxx: it's gonna be a mini-me:wong3:

dont worry....yr gynae will help with the hospital booking. Check it out with them.

Maybe is my no.2, I did not get any maternity wear or baby items yet. Waiting for the Post great singapore sales. You can also prepare gift list for your friends so that they know what to buy for your baby shower.

Enjoy yrself during the preggie stage. Once the baby is arrive, is all sleepless night for new parents.
ya! I heard about it too! I had a colleague who is just a dad. And he said that the longest duration he slept was 5 hours eversince 3 weeks ago.

I'm fretting up a little because all of you seem to know where and what to do. AND, some mums around me already signed up for their delivery packages! But I just asked my gynae 2 weeks ago, he is like super damn cool about it. He was saying like, "you will not know what package to take until the day of your labour." He said that we shall then decide on the day itself. Which then again make quite a bit of sense because my friends went through twice the pain physically and in the pocket too. Having to deliver normally and then changing it under the knife. I heard that it cost a bomb because the hospitals charge it as an "ala carte" price.

By any chance, do you guys know when the next baby fair is? I heard it's somewhere in June?

mrs_eg

ya! I heard about it too! I had a colleague who is just a dad. And he said that the longest duration he slept was 5 hours eversince 3 weeks ago.

I'm fretting up a little because all of you seem to know where and what to do. AND, some mums around me already signed up for their delivery packages! But I just asked my gynae 2 weeks ago, he is like super damn cool about it. He was saying like, "you will not know what package to take until the day of your labour." He said that we shall then decide on the day itself. Which then again make quite a bit of sense because my friends went through twice the pain physically and in the pocket too. Having to deliver normally and then changing it under the knife. I heard that it cost a bomb because the hospitals charge it as an "ala carte" price.

By any chance, do you guys know when the next baby fair is? I heard it's somewhere in June?

Do feel free to share your concerns with us all here claralicious... Some in here might know the answers... Even if we dont know, i guess it is still good to be aware and perhaps find out the ans together! Beside browse other threads in here too, sometimes their really do help me alot... Read up from confinement to new born to know what are the issues that you may be facing etc...

so fast sign up Delivery package??? really abit fast... Hahaha... Maybe their package tag along with their antenatal package ????

Btw, their will be a motherhood expo on 3-6 june in expo i think....

cheng0605

yah fair is at 3-6 june.....btw can i ask all mummies which bottles have u all bought???

i was thinking of getting tommee tippee or avent, any advice on these????

nightingale

Hihi raine! It's been a while since I've come in as well, just completed my studies and am now adjusting to work life routine hehe. So far so good! Enjoying the pampering at work by my nice colleagues (don't carry this! don't climb that! don't worry I'll get it for you). Hee!

IMO kaki bukit hypermart stuff isn't cheap, except during sale periods (which they would sometimes hold concurrently with baby fairs). However I enjoy shopping there because they have a nice variety of strollers and car seats and some other smaller items, and the sales staff is often very helpful. Good place to do some 'research'! :)

@Claralicious:
Welcome welcome! Yeap - delivery packages differ in price depending on how the delivery goes - e.g. complications, etc that nobody can really predict beforehand. Most hospitals provide guidelines on the different charges so that we have an idea of how much more to pay for the various scenarios (e.g. epidural vs non-epidural; vaginal delivery vs Caesarian). Probably just need to be prepared to pay the maximum, plus some miscellaneous fees here and there.. don't wanna be worrying about money when all we want to do is to focus on our newborn. :)

Went for a hospital tour of Mt Alvernia's maternity ward last week - I think it's good to do it if your chosen hospital provides such tours, because it gives you a better idea of what's gonna happen when you're admitted and about to deliver your baby, especially if it's your first time. Glad to be able to 'familiarise' ourselves with the environment a little - helps with the anxiety. Hubby and I learnt quite a few things during the tour! My eyes welled up with tears when we visited the nursery and saw the swaddled babies, all so helpless and needing care from us. Really enjoyed the experience. :D

happybaby

hi all,
Coupls of qns here:
1. any mummies encounter swell on calves and feet at 25th weeks? we tot this came earlier than the usual 30+ weeks?

2. what are your choices for strollers and car seats?
For Strollers: We have been looking around... kinda like the following brands model, Co,mbi Mircale turn, Pegperego SI & Maclaren techno XT

For Car seats: Combi, maxi cosi

share share pls.

nightingale

I'm certainly experiencing swelling of feet, not quite able to fit into some of my shoes now! Ankles still look ok - I think should be normal, different individuals different times - so long as it is not excessively swollen or painful?

We went for the Quinny Buzz stroller - will be using with a hand me down Maxi Cosi cabriofix / infant car seat.

lovemk87

I'm certainly experiencing swelling of feet, not quite able to fit into some of my shoes now! Ankles still look ok - I think should be normal, different individuals different times - so long as it is not excessively swollen or painful?

We went for the Quinny Buzz stroller - will be using with a hand me down Maxi Cosi cabriofix / infant car seat.

yeah me too! i can't fit in some of the shoes.
my knee pain too the pain is like muscle pain/pull.
it's so pain!!!! :embarrassed: awww, need to tahan!!! another 4 more months to go!!!!

Fiona73

I think they just confirm their delivery booking with the hosiptal lah, not delivery package cos you wont know how yr precious is arrival mode till that moment de. Not quite sure abt baby fair, but Great Singapore Sales is on the way. Going to get most of my baby stuff then as the price wont vary alot from the baby fair, except maybe more samples during the fair.

dun be scare, I also blur blur for my no.1 (in yr 2005) and everything also fell in place when the moment arrive.

Fiona73

hi all,
Coupls of qns here:
1. any mummies encounter swell on calves and feet at 25th weeks? we thought this came earlier than the usual 30+ weeks?

2. what are your choices for strollers and car seats?
For Strollers: We have been looking around... kinda like the following brands model, Co,mbi Mircale turn, Pegperego SI & Maclaren techno XT

For Car seats: Combi, maxi cosi

share share pls.
1) Try to reduce your water intake during the night, and raise your leg, it will help.

2) Used combi since my no. 1 (light weight) and Maxi Cosi for car seat (Steady and roomy for my gal). both of the items still in good condition, so intend to reuse them for my no. 2.

nightingale

yeah me too! i can't fit in some of the shoes.
my knee pain too the pain is like muscle pain/pull.
it's so pain!!!! :embarrassed: awww, need to tahan!!! another 4 more months to go!!!!
Aww~ I think it's to be expected that our joints will ache a bit - try not to sit for too long or stand for too long. Basically I'm trying to move around at work, like get up once every hour to walk a bit to the pantry or to the loo - get the blood circulation going. Also try not to wear anything too tight - at first I'd wanted to save on maternity wear and try to wear my normal roomy dresses for as long as I can.. until I realised what a big difference it makes when you wear a well-fitted maternity dress that is SO much more comfortable! So now I've invested in several pieces, mix and match a bit. Must treat ourselves well during this time! :)

Speaking of raising the legs at night while sleeping - I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks now, so far ankles are not very swollen so hopefully it helps with that - but I still get occasional cramps in the calves in the middle of the night. Was hoping to reduce cramping by sleeping with legs raised - maybe should try some stretching of the calves before bed and see if it helps. Wonder what causes these cramps! Painful when they happen - but thankfully they go away quite quickly too.

xian

I also experienced cramps at calve few weeks ago, and the aching feeling only subside few days after. Also, always wake up with very bad backache as well.

From then on, I do simple stretching exercise every night before going to bed and it helps.

http://www.footdrsteve.com/stretching/stretching.gif --> pic illustration.
achilles tendon stretch and quad stretch is good leg/calve cramps.

Hope that helps.